Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Computer Help/Discussion Thread

+19
TNine
Vigil
Rotaretilbo
KrAzY
Gauz
RX
Kasrkin Seath
tiny tim
Ascendant Justice
Maeve
Elabajaba
Angatar
CivBase
Divine Virus
Felix
Vtrooper
Lord Pheonix
KristallNacht
A_Bearded_Swede
23 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Computer Help/Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Computer Help/Discussion Thread

Post by Maeve Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:32 pm

tiny tim wrote:No need to get upset Maeve, he was just pointing out that there is a place to request computer help already. But from what I know it could be a bad battery or a bad charger. But those are obvious answers so you've probably already thought of that.
If it was a bad battery it would have started up without the battery in it and just the power cord attached to it.
Maeve
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Female Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Back to top Go down

Computer Help/Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Computer Help/Discussion Thread

Post by Maeve Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:33 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:Well then you might need to send the entire unit back. If you have an Ipod or a cell phone that wasnt made before 2003 then you can access the internet through there.
No internet on my phone.
Maeve
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:38 pm

Get an Ipod touch. They're only like 400$ and they do everything.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:05 pm

Maeve wrote:So I got my new computer!!! But the battery won't charge while it's plugged in. What's going on? Sad

WELL, normally, computers don't have batteries....that should be a pretty good indicator of why its not charging.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:14 pm

Do you really expect any kind of useful help with what you told us? For one, you never told us any information regarding the computer. You also failed to post in the appropriate thread, let alone section. To boot, your initial post and follow up comments make me want to intentionally piss you off for the hell of it due to the amount of respect you have shown to other forum members.

Anyways, I would suggest you send the whole unit back in if you cannot find a solution to your problem. Complaining to us won't accomplish anything.
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeve Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:37 am

Ascendant Justice wrote:Get an Ipod touch. They're only like 400$ and they do everything.
Screw that...I need this computer for college...You can't write Word documents on an iPod touch.

Kasrkin Seath wrote:Do you really expect any kind of useful help with what you told us? For one, you never told us any information regarding the computer. You also failed to post in the appropriate thread, let alone section. To boot, your initial post and follow up comments make me want to intentionally piss you off for the hell of it due to the amount of respect you have shown to other forum members.

Anyways, I would suggest you send the whole unit back in if you cannot find a solution to your problem. Complaining to us won't accomplish anything.

Fuck you for the bolded part. I paid a lot of money for that piece of shit to find that it wouldn't charge with the battery still inside of it.

Oh, you want more information? Okay. I got it yesterday in my hall office and I was unpacking it out of the box. I put the battery in and started up the computer. While it was doing that, I moved my older one from my desk and got the power cord all set up and plugged it into the wall and computer. Computer wouldn't charge. I thought maybe that it was the outlet. So I switched to my serge protector. That didn't work. The battery was quickly dying. I took the battery out and left the AC adaptor plugged in and tried to turn on the computer. Nothing. Put the battery back in and turned it on. Died after about 10 minutes. I called customer service for the computer, not Newegg. They treated me like a retard and they were rude to me. I couldn't call newegg since their customer service was closed. I will call them today and see what I can do.

There, you wanted more information, there's your damn information.

And if you're so concerned about where the damn thread is at, why don't you use your mod powers to move it?
Maeve
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny tim Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:20 am

Seath is only a CB mod, not a forum one. And you really are being rather bitchy right now. You snapped at rock immediately and he was just trying to be helpful.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by RX Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:52 am

Maeve wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:Get an Ipod touch. They're only like 400$ and they do everything.
Screw that...I need this computer for college...You can't write Word documents on an iPod touch.

Kasrkin Seath wrote:Do you really expect any kind of useful help with what you told us? For one, you never told us any information regarding the computer. You also failed to post in the appropriate thread, let alone section. To boot, your initial post and follow up comments make me want to intentionally piss you off for the hell of it due to the amount of respect you have shown to other forum members.

Fuck you for the bolded part. I paid a lot of money for that piece of shit to find that it wouldn't charge with the battery still inside of it.

Oh, you want more information? Okay. I got it yesterday in my hall office and I was unpacking it out of the box. I put the battery in and started up the computer. While it was doing that, I moved my older one from my desk and got the power cord all set up and plugged it into the wall and computer. Computer wouldn't charge. I thought maybe that it was the outlet. So I switched to my serge protector. That didn't work. The battery was quickly dying. I took the battery out and left the AC adaptor plugged in and tried to turn on the computer. Nothing. Put the battery back in and turned it on. Died after about 10 minutes. I called customer service for the computer, not Newegg. They treated me like a retard and they were rude to me. I couldn't call newegg since their customer service was closed. I will call them today and see what I can do.

And if you're so concerned about where the damn thread is at, why don't you use your mod powers to move it?
gj telling us what kind of computer it is.
oh, and seath did have a point. you're rather bitchy rite nao.
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:54 am

That looks really good.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Elabajaba Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:41 am

Ascendant Justice wrote:My new system that I wish to get in a couple months time:

Components
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 2720QM 2.2GHz (3.3GHz Turbo Mode, 6MB Cache)
Memory: 6GB DDR3 at 1333MHz (2DIMMS)
Graphics: 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6990M
HD: 1.5TB Raid 0 (2x 750GB 7,200RPM)
LCD Panel: 17.3-inch WideFHD1920 x 1080 60Hz WLED

Thoughts?
Would I be able to run most new games such as Skyrim and BF3???

You should be able to run them on high easily.

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeve Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:53 am

RX wrote:
Maeve wrote:

I can be as bitchy as I want. Even more so when I paid nearly $850 for a computer that is normally $1,300 and expect it to work...when it doesn't.

The type of computer: ASUS G73 Gaming Series G73JH-BST7
Maeve
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Back to top Go down

Post by RX Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:40 am

Maeve wrote:
RX wrote:
Maeve wrote:

I can be as bitchy as I want. Even more so when I paid nearly $850 for a computer that is normally $1,300 and expect it to work...when it doesn't.

Then you send it in?
and be as bitchy as you want, you'd eventually get banned.
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeve Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:48 pm

RX wrote:
Maeve wrote:
RX wrote:
Maeve wrote:

Then you send it in?
and be as bitchy as you want, you'd eventually get banned.
Good for me. I only joined this site because Civ was on here. It wasn't as great as I thought it would be anyway.
Maeve
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:29 pm

Take it somewhere where they sell computers and repair them so you can check the charger?

Did anything practical cross your mind about fixing this issue before you decided that everything in the world was a piece of shit?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeve Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:33 pm

KristallNacht wrote:Take it somewhere where they sell computers and repair them so you can check the charger?

Did anything practical cross your mind about fixing this issue before you decided that everything in the world was a piece of shit?
Thanks for the insult, shit head.

If you must know, I'm returning and replacing it with a new one. I am still under the 90 day warranty with Newegg.
Maeve
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:33 pm

Maeve wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:Take it somewhere where they sell computers and repair them so you can check the charger?

Thanks for the insult, shit head.

He didn't insult you anywhere in his post.

Calling him a shit head on the other hand is one.

Quite rude one too since he didn't really deserve it (this time)
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:36 am

Alright i merged the two topics, next time please post in the appropriate thread. Thank you.

Maeve wrote:

Did you get that from newegg? Cause i thought that type was only sold refurbished...

So you kinda expect stuff to not be top notch. =/ Hell, its pretty much a gamble. Like buying a used car, or eating my aunt's cooking.

I always try to buy important/expensive stuff new, so i don't really get bit in the ass.

Anyways, gotta wait till you get through newegg, sorry. =/
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:04 am

tiny tim wrote:Seath is only a CB mod, not a forum one.

That's a damn lie, I am a mod of the D&D section.
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny tim Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:36 am

Kasrkin Seath wrote:
tiny tim wrote:Seath is only a CB mod, not a forum one.

That's a damn lie, I am a mod of the D&D section.

But you are still titled as a CB mod, not a normal one.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:37 am

Maeve wrote:So I got my new computer!!! But the battery won't charge while it's plugged in. What's going on? Sad

More than likely, the battery pack has some loose (or ruined) wire. You could get the battery replaced, which would be a good idea or send it back in, as I think you got the same computer as me.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:32 pm

ok... my computer keeps getting odd dots on the screen then entering a crash dump, this happened a few years ago but then i had a warranty. came back with some different stuff though that wasn't specified. not sure how to fix it now.
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:43 pm

Smack it around a bit.

Put the bitch in it's place.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:32 pm

ok, got a new computer

guess what! its not working.

first it only goes up to windows loading screen then the screen goes black, but i can still see the mouse curser.

and second, it crashes due to not enough power (how i interpreted it anyway). i assume that is because i didn't factor in my screen, mouse, keyboard, and sound system when i picked the power system. the one i have should be at 800 Watts.
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:36 pm

well...your monitor should have its own power supply anyway, mouse and keyboard don't take much at all, and any sound system that doesn't have its own power supply is also hardly a threat to power consumption
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:52 pm

to be honest, i don't know how its having power problems. could of been the Cyber Power website is horribly off with their power estimates and i just happened to get shafted this time around.
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next