Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League of Legends

+17
Lord Pheonix
A_Bearded_Swede
Nocbl2
Felix
CivBase
dragoon9105
JumpingJet
RX
HuggleB
Gold Spartan
Gauz
KristallNacht
Rotaretilbo
GreyApothecary
BBJynne
Elabajaba
Kasrkin Seath
21 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

League of Legends - Page 4 Empty Re: League of Legends

Post by Gauz Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:37 pm

League of Legends - Page 4 SonatakesskillmanLeague of Legends - Page 4 Ahhhhhhhhhhhh
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:16 pm

Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:24 pm

League of Legends - Page 4 Attachment

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:02 am

Dominion Beta is out!
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:00 pm

for two hours only Sad

I hope its on tomorrow
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:20 pm

Thought I bring this back to life to see if, not only if anyone else plays, but also to see who is getting annoyed by the fucking long ass load time to takes just to login.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:23 pm

I kinda stopped playing a month or two ago.
I'll probably pick it up again (a couple games a week) once I'm back in school though
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:46 am

Riot broke their servers. Apparently, there was some kind of physical damage to them or something. We've been experiencing hour long queues and total server downtime sporadically for the last week or so.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:19 am

Ands they're giving 1000 Riot Points to those who either lost champions, or runes, during the downtime.

They're better now, but seriously, RIOT has enough money to have properly working servers.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Elabajaba Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:30 pm

They haven't had problems for awhile, then the latest patch screwed everything up twice.

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:54 pm

Elabajaba wrote:They haven't had problems for awhile, then the latest patch screwed everything up twice.

Also apparently Europe is still a patch behind. Not sure if that is fixed yet since the login times haven't been so bad recently.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:43 am

Define "so bad". We still have a one hour queue during peak hours for the NA server.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by RX Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:55 am

*logs on*
place in queue: >20000
time remaining: 30h 22min

oh, HELL NO!
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:12 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:Define "so bad". We still have a one hour queue during peak hours for the NA server.

Was less than 15 mins for me so wasn't as bad.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:18 pm

You're clearly logging before or after peak hours, then.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:08 pm

This is even bigger than the leona patch, and it might be RIOT's greatest failure.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:45 pm

Thoughts on LoL:

Boring, nit-picky game with a huge learning curve. It's like a horribly-designed tower defense game if tower defense games weren't fun. Balance doesn't mean squat because there is no strategy - just grinding.

IMO, of course. Mostly.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:24 am

The learning curve isn't actually much worse than any other game. The basics of the game should only take a handful of rounds and some very brief instruction to full grasp. The rest just comes from experience. But most every competitive multiplayer game is like that. LoL puts only slightly more emphasis on data (such as memorizing champion abilities) as most other similar games. And it is quite easy to learn a few characters really well and not really know that much about the other characters.

And I'm not really sure where boring or grind are coming from. Summoner's Rift is the only of three maps that involves any sort of proper laning phase, and that's usually the first ten minutes of an hour long match. And even then, there's still a lot of harassment and ganking going on to keep things interesting.

Also confused as to where the "no strategy" thing comes from. It's like saying that there is no strategy in StarCraft II. You're so far off base that I question whether or not you've even seen the game played, as opposed to just hearing about it from disillusioned bads.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:48 am

Wow civ you're picking fights just to pick them. (IMO, mostly)

Um, Rot really explained that well, but I guess I'd still like to say something.

Boring: Yeah I can see this if you're not into strategy games, since they usually take longer than FPS's/action games do (in multiplayer) and actually require higher-order thinking to play them successfully.

Nit-Picky: I don't really get what you mean by this, but I think this "nit-picky" trait is common in all strategy games, and probably MMORPG's like WoW too.

Learning Curve:I don't think this is a bad thing. Games that are harder to learn generally yield more satisfaction in playing them due to actually feeling like you're achieving something by pwning noobs with your mad skillz. LoL really isn't even hard, DOTA's more challenging and it's still good.

Everything Else: LoL to tower defense as domestic cats are to sabertooths. The game isn't balanced, and in a constant state of repair but so are ALL MMO's. Grind is only an aspect of a select few players experiences depending on their role to their team.

I wouldn't of made a snarky comment at the top if I didn't agree with Rot in that you probably didn't give LoL a fair chance.

Last edited by Gauz on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:49 am

I think calling it a "Tower Defense" game kinda helps Rot's response Razz
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:54 am

I personally think the learning curve is pretty bad. Yes, you can understand almost all the game mechanics and the general purpose immediately, but basic stuff that everyone ought to know takes forever to learn. Examples being learning to do map awareness, not overextend, and not trying to do stuff by yourself (generally). Those aren't inherent in the mechanics, and they aren't something you naturally pick up on unless someone tells you about them or you play A LOT. And those aspects are definitely part of core gameplay's learning curve, because if you don't know them you will ALWAYS be terrible, no matter what you do with other skills.

Aside from that though, most of what civ said is either opinion (like he said, such as whether or not LoL is boring) or else just false, such as comparing League to tower defense.

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:03 am

That's where common sense comes in. You need it to play LoL successfully.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:09 am

Okay double-post time.

Riot is seriously fucking us. SRSLY BRO.

What the fuck are they even thinking? 1000 RP compensation for people who temporarily lost content but got it back before the bigger problem was even solved? Did I mention that rune's can't even be fucking bought with RP?

1000 RP > 10-win IP boost yes?

So why does the bigger compensation get assigned to the smaller problem, for the less than 0.5% of people that it actually happened to?

That's not fair any way you look at it. Either they switch it around (10-win IP boost for temp. content losers) and 1000 RP for EVERYONE DUE TO GAY STUPID SERVER DEATH!! or no one gets any RP.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:45 pm

Gauz wrote:Boring: Yeah I can see this if you're not into strategy games, since they usually take longer than FPS's/action games do (in multiplayer) and actually require higher-order thinking to play them successfully.
Umm.... no. I love strategy games. LoL just isn't a strategy game. There isn't any strategy.

Gauz wrote:Nit-Picky: I don't really get what you mean by this, but I think this "nit-picky" trait is common in all strategy games, and probably MMORPG's like WoW too.
Microing in a strategy game is okay because you're actually using your brain to quickly process, decide, and respond. LoL is missing the middle part. It's like playing a game with nothing but quick time events.

Gauz wrote:Learning Curve:I don't think this is a bad thing. Games that are harder to learn generally yield more satisfaction in playing them due to actually feeling like you're achieving something by pwning noobs with your mad skillz. LoL really isn't even hard, DOTA's more challenging and it's still good.
Perhaps I worded that wrong. LoL's learning curve isn't the problem; it's the experience gap that screws things up. You either suck at the game or you're okay. There is no middle ground and there isn't a way to really be good at it, just lucky. It's like a dumbed down version of CoD Nazi Zombies (if that's even possible). Reactions are systematic rather than strategic.

Gauz wrote:Everything Else: LoL to tower defense as domestic cats are to sabertooths. The game isn't balanced, and in a constant state of repair but so are ALL MMO's. Grind is only an aspect of a select few players experiences depending on their role to their team.
Not saying it is a tower defense game. I'm just relating the experience to that of a poorly-designed tower defense game. Grinding was a reference to the concept above where I mentioned quick time events.

Gauz wrote:I wouldn't of made a snarky comment at the top if I didn't agree with Rot in that you probably didn't give LoL a fair chance.
I was rather excited to try LoL as I knew a couple friends who liked it a lot. After playing for a while, I found myself growing more and more tired with it. There was no change of pace or thought. Playing LoL was like playing that training thing from Black Ops for hours and hours. It quickly stopped being fun.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:25 am

CivBase wrote:<that entire post>

Look, just get out of the thread. If you're going to say things so retarded that there is no appropriate response, just leave. It's like going into a StarCraft II thread and saying "SC2 doesn't have any strategy and the game is a grind and you can only either suck or be ok at it."
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next