Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo: Legends 'The Babysitter' Review.

+20
Zaki90
Gold Spartan
Ringleader
laxspartan007
Nocbl2
BBJynne
Felix
Rasq'uire'laskar
Ascendant Justice
CivBase
Vtrooper
Cheese
Gauz
Divine Virus
KrAzY
PiEdude
TNine
Yam Head
A_Bearded_Swede
Vigil
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Halo: Legends 'The Babysitter' Review. Empty Halo: Legends 'The Babysitter' Review.

Post by Vigil Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:43 pm

‘The Babysitter’ A Review by Vigil

I’ll be honest, when I first saw the previews to the first part of the Halo anime, Halo Legends, I wasn’t very excited. Now today I watched the full version and I’ll give you my views, please be aware THAT THERE WILL BE MASSIVE SPOILERS. So enjoy as I explain it the best I can.
Spoiler:

Overall, I thought it was okay. It did have several things that annoyed me, like the design of the characters (Which was heavily entrenched in Anime cliché) and the strange choice of architecture (They were ordered to investigate the ruins, so I assumed they were Forerunner, but instead we got this strange feudal Japan/ Aztec stuff.) But the story wasn’t that bad, and Canon didn’t take too bad a notch.

To Conclude, not a bad effort, but try to keep the anime clichés to a minimum if possible.

Last edited by Vigil on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Halo: Legends 'The Babysitter' Review. Empty Re: Halo: Legends 'The Babysitter' Review.

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:58 pm

Since the artist is Japanese, you'll have Japanese art styles.
The weird elite armor, and ruins were most likely put in there either to get the Japanese to like the Haloverse more or once again the artist being Japanese...
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Halo: Legends 'The Babysitter' Review. Empty Re: Halo: Legends 'The Babysitter' Review.

Post by Vigil Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:09 pm

True, I did say I thought it was due to the cultural influences of the creators of this, but I think it should of been toned down a little.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Yam Head Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:25 pm

When her muscles bulged like 2 or 3 feet while lifting the Drop Pod I was scared.
Yam Head
Yam Head
Minion

Male Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:07 pm

Hmm, i read halfway into the plot to discover it wasn't bad. I now want to see the rest at least.

Where can i see it?
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:13 pm

HARO REGENDS MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:20 pm

"canon didn't take too bad a notch"

well... except the whole premise of their mission.... "kill a prophet"

the spartans mission was to capture a prophet... if they KNEW where one was... INSIDE UNSC space... there would never have been a mission to kill the damned thing...

NVM prophets had not been seen before reach... and were a theoretical ideal that the spartans were going to stake all of their lives on.

also.. .the main characters hair would get him kicked out of any military if he had that while in uniform...
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:46 pm

So when's the next Halo Legends going to be released?
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:09 pm

PiEman wrote:HARO REGENDS MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say a mod edit his anti-japanese comments into insults against himself.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:32 am

KrAzY wrote:"canon didn't take too bad a notch"

the spartans mission was to capture a prophet... if they KNEW where one was... INSIDE UNSC space... there would never have been a mission to kill the damned thing...

NVM prophets had not been seen before reach... and were a theoretical ideal that the spartans were going to stake all of their lives on.

also.. .the main characters hair would get him kicked out of any military if he had that while in uniform...

I understand where you were coming from, but that's from Fall of Reach, which also said that the Spartans didn't run into Elites until 2552. It's another Retcon. As for Capturing him, that plan most likely was created later, as if I recall the plan correctly they were going to use a Covenant ship to locate their homeworld and capture a Hierarch.

That Prophet was definately not Truth, Mercy or Regret, and was probably only a minister. They wouldn't have achieved much by capturing him.

The Hair was fucking stupid though.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:04 am

They would be kicked out of anime with normal hair.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:03 am

I AGREE!!!

i forgot about the other 2 MIA
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:47 am

Vigil wrote:

I understand where you were coming from, but that's from Fall of Reach, which also said that the Spartans didn't run into Elites until 2552. It's another Retcon. As for Capturing him, that plan most likely was created later, as if I recall the plan correctly they were going to use a Covenant ship to locate their homeworld and capture a Hierarch.

That Prophet was definately not Truth, Mercy or Regret, and was probably only a minister. They wouldn't have achieved much by capturing him.

well how about a SPARTAN being sent to work with ODST's?

spartans were trained to work alongside other spartans... and as far as I can tell from any of the GOOD books... they didn't work alone, or with rank and file troops unless absolutely nessacary....

or how about the fact that Cal's hair would take up more volume than the inside of the Mjolnir's helmet...

OR the random planet covered in ancient Japanese ruins?

theres so much wrong with this....that when I finally get my time machine working the creators of this peice of crap are going to be the first to die... followed shortly by Grame Devine
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:59 am

I didn't think it clashed too much with canon, but there were few problems.

My main issues were the hair and the part where the spartan yanked the drop pod out of the muck and tossed across the way. I can see pulling it out of the muck... but the tossing part was a bit overboard, even for a Spartan.

I don't mind the prophet thing so much because, as Vigil said, the clash was with Fall of Reach, and on top of that: It's ONI. They keep a lot of secrets, and the idea of prophets isn't exactly something every marine on the front line needs to know.

I didn't think much about the temples until you pointed that out, but I don't think that's a huge deal. I also have no problem with a Spartan dying after a blow to the forehead from a brute hammer. And a Spartan working with ODST backup to kill a prophet isn't that hard to believe. After all, it's easier to get four ODSTs to help than it is to get another Spartan.

That hair does bug me, though.... why/how would you keep hair like that when you wear a giant green helmet 90% of the time?
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:03 am

KrAzY wrote:
Vigil wrote:

well how about a SPARTAN being sent to work with ODST's?

spartans were trained to work alongside other spartans... and as far as I can tell from any of the GOOD books... they didn't work alone, or with rank and file troops unless absolutely nessacary....

or how about the fact that Cal's hair would take up more volume than the inside of the Mjolnir's helmet...

OR the random planet covered in ancient Japanese ruins?

theres so much wrong with this....that when I finally get my time machine working the creators of this peice of crap are going to be the first to die... followed shortly by Grame Devine

John worked with Hundreds of marines during his career.

They were all career solider and many operations the Spartans undertook was to either with or supporting mainline UNSC forces. And that was established in the prologue of Fall of Reach.

Again, Cal's hair was fucking stupid.

The Japenese Architecture, which seem to be just thrown in was completely out of place and I agree with you completely there, but like I said in my review that because o the cultural background of the creators.

It wasn't another Halo Wars, but I wouldn't put it up with the best Halo Works like FoR or GoO. It's just about the same level as the Cole Protocol for me.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:05 am

Unbefuckinglievable. Its saddening to see such a good series run into the ground like this...

KrAzY already explained almost everything that is wrong with it. And from the sound of it, that's only one episode.....
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:06 am

There are errors, but I expected worse. Of course, I expect MUCH worse in some of the ones to come.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:06 am

except a spartan DIEING IS a problem.... ALL of the spartans are accounted for in Reach except for Grey team.... I take Reach as a higher authority than some shitty anime

and about ONI... the spartans were a goddamned family... if they asked ONE spartan to go on a mission... they would ahve been asking that spartan's ENTIRE team to go in that mission...

although it really doesn't fucking matter... as Spartans are being magically created for these new games and shit... the ones at harvest... the ones that are allowed to die in these animes

seriously... I don't know why I fucking argue with you guys about this shit any more... not only do you not know the Canon... but you enjoy this new shit that has come about from the Whoreing of a once good universe...
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:11 am

Erm...

Okay...
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:15 am

KrAzY wrote:except a spartan DIEING IS a problem.... ALL of the spartans are accounted for in Reach except for Grey team.... I take Reach as a higher authority than some shitty anime

and about ONI... the spartans were a goddamned family... if they asked ONE spartan to go on a mission... they would ahve been asking that spartan's ENTIRE team to go in that mission...

although it really doesn't fucking matter... as Spartans are being magically created for these new games and shit... the ones at harvest... the ones that are allowed to die in these animes

seriously... I don't know why I fucking argue with you guys about this shit any more... not only do you not know the Canon... but you enjoy this new shit that has come about from the Whoreing of a once good universe...

I never said it wasn't, but the problem is that has already been so badly fucked over by Halo Wars, Do I really need to go through it every time a Spartan dies now?

Spartans were capable of solo ops, but they were mainly sent in as a team.

I think I made it very clear that I DO know the canon. Fall of Reach is not the fucking gospel. It has been retconned, and I pointed out the two MIA Spartans to explain Cal's Death, even if it's not the best explanation.

They have had an annoying habit of creating Spartans from out of their ass, but so far most of then can just be about explained. (Except for Red Team and Spartan Group Omega. Seriously Fuck you ES)

I said it could of been worse, and I just fucking rated it next to The Cole Protocol. DO YOU FUCKING THINK I LIKED IT?
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:35 am

Fall of Reach has been rectoned by Halo Wars and Cole Protocol... not exactly sources that I agree to be canon

if parts of FoR are going to be used as canon... then they better as fuck use the whole thing as canon... you can't just recton part of a book because it is inconvenient for later games and keep the rest of the book intact.

anyways... I don't consider ANYTHING in Halo Wars or Cole Protocol to be canon... at most they are Fanfiction... and I don't consider any of this shit that is being whored to Japan's lowest form of entertainment to be canon either...

Halo, Halo 2, and Halo 3... with some flaws in the latter of the two... and the Nylund Books are all I accept as canon.... I'm not going to let the money grubbers at microsoft allow what was a solid story to become as incoherent as a taco salad
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:40 am

KrAzY wrote:Fall of Reach has been rectoned by Halo Wars and Cole Protocol... not exactly sources that I agree to be canon

if parts of FoR are going to be used as canon... then they better as fuck use the whole thing as canon... you can't just recton part of a book because it is inconvenient for later games and keep the rest of the book intact.

anyways... I don't consider ANYTHING in Halo Wars or Cole Protocol to be canon... at most they are Fanfiction... expensive fanfiction...

And Common sense. The likehood they wouldn't know what Sangheli were before 2552 is very minimal. The other stupid things they retconned like the number of Spartans, I agree with you completely.

Agreed.

I don't consider Halo Wars canon. Parts of the Cole Protocol could be, but most of it is pretty pointless.

I'm glad I'm leaving the series after Halo: Reach.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:48 am

they KNEW about the Sangheli... but they hadn't FOUGHT them

in all likelyhood... they HAD fought them on earlier occasions... but lack of video evidence stopped them from being documented... but they certainly didn't fight brutes and elites on harvest... AFTER it had been glassed....

you know... glassing... the thing the fucing covenant use to make planets DEAD.... not inhospitable.... but to DESTROY the goddamned planet...

if all they did was scorch it a little.. .I don't think the UNSC would have worried about it quite as much as they did...

(not yelling at you there... yelling at the intolerable fallacies that occured in Halo Wars)
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:56 am

KrAzY wrote:they KNEW about the Sangheli... but they hadn't FOUGHT them

in all likelyhood... they HAD fought them on earlier occasions... but lack of video evidence stopped them from being documented... but they certainly didn't fight brutes and elites on harvest... AFTER it had been glassed....

you know... glassing... the thing the fucing covenant use to make planets DEAD.... not inhospitable.... but to DESTROY the goddamned planet...

if all they did was scorch it a little.. .I don't think the UNSC would have worried about it quite as much as they did...

(not yelling at you there... yelling at the intolerable fallacies that occured in Halo Wars)

Fair enough, it was hinted at in all of Reach, but I was never sure if they had actually really had engaged them.

Yeah that was pretty stupid.

Ah okay, I was just getting annoyed as you seemed to be saying I didn't know my canon, which would of really made me angry. Sure I'm know UNSC AI, but I do know my stuff.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:14 pm

Dare I bring this into the discussion?

Halo: Legends 'The Babysitter' Review. Haloanime4

What the fuck is that thing? I dont recall it being a UNSC vehicle that I have ever read about in any of the books.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum