Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this thread is about tacos, or will be deleted

+19
MrX
Angatar
BBJynne
Gold Spartan
Vtrooper
Onyxknight
Elabajaba
Gauz
Vigil
CivBase
Divine Virus
Rasq'uire'laskar
TNine
Ukurse
Dud Doodoo
JB
KrAzY
PiEdude
Ringleader
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

this thread is about tacos, or will be deleted - Page 2 Empty Re: this thread is about tacos, or will be deleted

Post by KrAzY Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:21 pm

RockaHolicGameR wrote:
Gauz wrote:What's this thread about?
Tacos?

this thread is about tacos, or will be deleted - Page 2 Image

my moditorial decree is that this thread is now about tacos
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

this thread is about tacos, or will be deleted - Page 2 Empty Re: this thread is about tacos, or will be deleted

Post by Elabajaba Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:38 pm

Tacos are tasty.

this thread is about tacos, or will be deleted - Page 2 Taco

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyxknight Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:28 pm

ROFL
Onyxknight
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:33 pm

really?

who see fish tacos on launch agenda tomarrow(Half day FTW)
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:01 pm

I had chicken tacos for dinner last Tuesday.

They were the shit. Love chicken tacos.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:48 pm

Sigh...
For those of you who think that Robin Williams hasn't made a decent movie since Y2K, go check out "The Final Cut".
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:06 pm

Seriously? You complaining that a 60 year old man, beyond his acting prime got an ear ring? All the horrible things in the world, all the braindead stupid things, you CHOOSE A FUCKING EARING!!? Get over it.

What? Doesn't every topic under the sun have equal opportunity to be posted on these forums? And yet, knowing what's going on in the world, we have threads like "American Idol", and "Leg feces", but I digress.

'BUT VIGIL! HE GOT AN EAR RING, HE'S PULLING A ROBIN WILLIAMS, HIS MOVIES ARE GOING TO SUCK BECAUSE HE'S TRYING TO BE DOWN WITH THE KIDS WAH WAH WAH!'

Yeah, thats pretty much it, I'm surprised you were able to wrap your brain around the jist of what I was saying, unless you were just copying blocks of text, and satirizing other peoples opinion for no reason without taking into consideration my reasoning, with such useless additions as "wah wah wah", which I am sure is the case is it not? I mean, all you did was embolden my text and then put wah wah wah at the end. Like a child would say that right? isn't that a little oxymoronic? why would a kid care that old actors are trying to appeal to them? What point are you trying to make?

In fact you could conjecture that the case is quite the contrary, that I would feel betrayed because some of my favorite actors are trying to associate themselves with a bunch of kids who wear earrings to be cool. The very idea of thinking that you have to wear earrings to be cool is pretty self explanatory as to how it is a futile gesture, not that I think you don't think this, but this is the idea behind the thread, and everyone including you seemed to miss this. (except for Rasq, the only one who responded on topic)

Suck it up kid.

Y-y-y-yes sir!!!...

GOD, your so much cooler then I am, I cannot even imagine how many jobs you were slaving over, and how many children you were supporting, and how many wars you were fighting in while you posted this response on this very forum! You must be one hard dude...

No, but seriously, try to consider the context of this exchange, were both on an online forum, AN ONLINE FORUM... there is no limit to the insignificance of topics on the internet, surely you know this, FACT? There is a limit to this telephone tough guy attitude your trying to lay on me, so please take these facts into consideration before you attempt to talk down to me again.

Harrison Ford has sucked for over the last decade, an earring is not going to change anything. His last good film was Air Force One and being films as bad as hollywood homicide, firewall and Indy 4. The blame was at his doorstep for those abominations just as much it was to the writers and directors.

Yeah, so I posted this thread to accentuate this? Why are you in conflict with the obvious reason behind this thread!? WHY!?

Also you ignorance of filmography today is fucking amazing. Sure, big dumb action films are as dumb if not more soo than the last ten years, but movies like Oldboy, The Dark Knight, One Hour Photo (Yes a Robin Williams movie made in the last decade which is actually good), Disrtict motherfucking 9, Spiderman 2 and many others shows this generation makes as many great films to previous decades. Get over yourself seriously.

No, modern films are almost exclusively crappy, there is always some little appeal to teenagers, and it makes teenagers feel good about themselves for relating to crappy films. They may not be crappy, but the few that are good are not exactly action movies ---> Harrison Ford movies.

People have a tendency to over-exaggerate the quality of movies.

Dark Knight -> Marginally overrated
District 9 -> Marginally overrated
Indiana Jones 4 -> Underrated
Twilight -> Majorly overrated

Plus, Harrison Ford's movies had a larger audience range, this same reason is why D-9 only appealed to a narrow range of people, and the same reason you wouldn't take your little sister or grandmother to see a movie with aliens that eat catfood. Which is why Indiana Jones movies have to be perfect, and held to a much higher standards then movies intended teenagers who are frequently on the internet. I don't think D-9 was so magical, but I can understand why other people would, similarly, I can understand how people might not like the new Harrison Ford movies, but none of this has to do with Harrison Ford's degradation, which is the sole purpose of this thread?
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:32 pm

The point is, he doesn't think we need a new thread every time a celebrity gets a new piercing.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:16 pm

Ringleader wrote:
No, modern films are almost exclusively crappy, there is always some little appeal to teenagers, and it makes teenagers feel good about themselves for relating to crappy films. They may not be crappy, but the few that are good are not exactly action movies ---> Harrison Ford movies.

And yours didn't? Every generation exaggerates their own fabulouslessness, and every generation makes new genres that older generations disapprove of. It happened to rock, it happened to video games, and it's happening right now to Rap (which is fantastic by the way). News flash: Halo: Combat Evolved wasn't THAT good. It is merely cause it was the first game you played, you didn't have time to build expectations and as such it blew you away. You expected the same thing in Halo 2, you didn't get the expectation-exceeding experience because you formed expectations. Halo 2 was my first game, it was amazing, action-packed, unpredictable, terrifying, and more.

Every generation thinks it is the best of yet, and looks disapprovingly on the next generation. It has been happening since the beginning of civilization, what makes you so damn special? Take off the rose-tinted shades and try to see the things the way they are.

I'm not saying i'm not biased, the problem is being unbiased is all but impossible. The closest we can do is not pass judgement where facts do not allow us to do. Everything else is opinion, stating it as fact would be considered foolishness if it wasn't an innate part of human nature.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:19 pm

TNine, I would like to point out that I didn't play CE until 09 and it blew my mind. I also played Halo 2 and 3 before I played CE.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:27 pm

Ringleader wrote:Dark Knight -> Marginally overrated

This right here only proves yo have no taste in movies (excluding for the red ones).

Period.

And why are you calling IJ4 underrated if you hated it?
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:25 pm

TNine wrote:
Ringleader wrote:

And yours didn't? Every generation exaggerates their own fabulouslessness, and every generation makes new genres that older generations disapprove of. It happened to rock, it happened to video games, and it's happening right now to Rap (which is fantastic by the way). News flash: Halo: Combat Evolved wasn't THAT good. It is merely cause it was the first game you played, you didn't have time to build expectations and as such it blew you away. You expected the same thing in Halo 2, you didn't get the expectation-exceeding experience because you formed expectations. Halo 2 was my first game, it was amazing, action-packed, unpredictable, terrifying, and more.

...And yet, I say the original Indiana Jones movies were the better ones, movies that came out long before I was born. It isn't that hard to derive what I had stated previously (and I know you will intentionally ignore it again and again for the sake of arguing), but, these movies came out way before my generation, and I say that modern movies are, more or less, crappy in comparison. How exactly am I glorifying my own generation here?

Your whole point is that my preference depends on my generation, and yet, every shred of evidence presented here points to a completely opposite conclusion:

Original Indiana Jones movies = Better, original Harrison Ford movies = Better, both of which came out before my generation.

Halo = One of the best games I have ever played = somewhat before my generation, but I still enjoy it now.

I mean, you could conjecture that the lineup on Cartoon Network/Disney/Nickelodeon are better because they fall in our generation right? That the fact they happen to be out now somehow invalidates anyones opinion on them because you think that because they happen to be on the air now, that my opinion of these channel's shows being crappy is not relevant?

News flash: Halo: Combat Evolved wasn't THAT good. It is merely cause it was the first game you played, you didn't have time to build expectations and as such it blew you away. You expected the same thing in Halo 2, you didn't get the expectation-exceeding experience because you formed expectations. Halo 2 was my first game, it was amazing, action-packed, unpredictable, terrifying, and more.

Sad

Halo CE was one of the best games I have ever played because it doesn't rely on battle rifle/sniper rifle tactics to be good/'rank up', it is a well rounded, well balanced game. Again, the reason why I think this is because it is timeless, and replayable, and (NEWS FLASH) that's why it generally got higher scores then Halo 2.

BECAUSE IT IS BETTER

And guess what? the Original Indiana Jones movies also got better ratings, again, because of their timelessness, and better quality.

Every generation thinks it is the best of yet, and looks disapprovingly on the next generation. It has been happening since the beginning of civilization, what makes you so damn special? Take off the rose-tinted shades and try to see the things the way they are.

Are you ignoring everything in this entire thread? When have I said that my generation is the best? WHEN!? Are you intentionally getting the exact opposite meaning of my points to make up retarded claims? NEWS FLASH: THIS WHOLE THREAD IS ABOUT HARRISON FORD'S EARRING,

IS HARRISON FORD PART OF MY GENERATION? NOT REALLY!

ARE MEN GETTING EARRINGS PART OF MY GENERATION? UNFORTUNATELY YES!

So basically, think the exact opposite of what your thinking now, and your opinions and flawed reasoning might hold more weight here.

I'm not saying i'm not biased, the problem is being unbiased is all but impossible. The closest we can do is not pass judgement where facts do not allow us to do. Everything else is opinion, stating it as fact would be considered foolishness if it wasn't an innate part of human nature.

But you said that a bias caused me (and probably the majority of others) to believe that Halo CE was not that good in comparison to Halo 2, something you stated as truth. It was still your opinion, but you wrapped it up in this 'bias and expectation' BS, to make it seem like your a psychologist, and that your broken opinions/reasoning are more substantiated. Trust me, I had high expectations for Halo 2, and they were not met, I didn't demand a whole lot, but they completely retooled everything in the gameplay, so it's hardly the same game.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:28 pm

CivBase wrote:The point is, he doesn't think we need a new thread every time a celebrity gets a new piercing.

Exactly 100%

Also ring leader, it's a forum. Ignore the posts from people who are apparently "down talking" you. As you decide to keep reminding us that it's a forum.
JB
JB
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:31 pm

PiEdude wrote:
Ringleader wrote:Dark Knight -> Marginally overrated

This right here only proves yo have no taste in movies (excluding for the red ones).

Period.

And why are you calling IJ4 underrated if you hated it?

When did I say I hated IJ4?

It was underrated, everyone thinks it was the worst thing to happen to mankind, but not really, IJ has always been based on the extraordinary. I think it's not as great as the old ones, but it's certainly not the travesty people are making it out to be. It was just stylized to appeal to a specific audience, and was not as generalized as the older films, which didn't exactly make it lower quality, it's just the direction of the appeal was not to my liking.

^TNINE LOOK^

I'M CRITICIZING SOMETHING NOT IN MY GENERATION!!! WOOOOOOWWWWOOWOWOW!!!
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:32 pm

JB wrote:
CivBase wrote:The point is, he doesn't think we need a new thread every time a celebrity gets a new piercing.

Exactly 100%

Also ring leader, it's a forum. Ignore the posts from people who are apparently "down talking" you. As you decide to keep reminding us that it's a forum.

Yeah, but, it's Harrison Ford!

The reason I thought it was somewhat worthy of a thread was to get your opinions on the matter, and because this isn't something I would expect from HF.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:40 pm

Ringleader wrote:
JB wrote:

Exactly 100%

Yeah, but, it's Harrison Ford!

The reason I thought it was somewhat worthy of a thread was to get your opinions on the matter, and because this isn't something I would expect from HF.

Fair enough, I do see some valadness in it I guess. Sorry for "trolling"
JB
JB
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:46 pm

Ringleader: "Your generation" refers to anything that was popular or had just been popular while you were alive. I'm assuming you saw Indiana Jones 1/2/3 while you were fairly young? If so, then i consider it part of your generation.

The current cartoon network lineup is not in our generation because we have already passed its target audience. Our generation with Cartoon Network was something else entirely.

Beyond that, i also find it amusing that you declare my style makes me seem arrogant, while you are acting like a complete douche. Nonetheless, it is 11:40 and i have to be up by 6:30 tomorrow, so good night.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:07 pm

Personally, as long as a thread has a decent topic that can be discussed, it's completely legit.
Then again, I'm just BBJynne.

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:52 pm

Harrison Ford's earring to Harrison Ford's movies to tacos to Halo to Cartoon Network.

God I love TCF.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:54 am

What? Doesn't every topic under the sun have equal opportunity to be posted on these forums? And yet, knowing what's going on in the world, we have threads like "American Idol", and "Leg feces", but I digress.

Maybe, but you seriously think anyone besides you cares about this? Look at how quickly the thread changed subject. None of us give a shit.

Yeah, thats pretty much it, I'm surprised you were able to wrap your brain around the jist of what I was saying, unless you were just copying blocks of text, and satirizing other peoples opinion for no reason without taking into consideration my reasoning, with such useless additions as "wah wah wah", which I am sure is the case is it not? I mean, all you did was embolden my text and then put wah wah wah at the end. Like a child would say that right? isn't that a little oxymoronic? why would a kid care that old actors are trying to appeal to them? What point are you trying to make?

In fact you could conjecture that the case is quite the contrary, that I would feel betrayed because some of my favorite actors are trying to associate themselves with a bunch of kids who wear earrings to be cool. The very idea of thinking that you have to wear earrings to be cool is pretty self explanatory as to how it is a futile gesture, not that I think you don't think this, but this is the idea behind the thread, and everyone including you seemed to miss this. (except for Rasq, the only one who responded on topic)
Oh, so the patronised tries to claim I'm retarded. Nice.

I satrised what you said what I saw reading this was whining, like a child would do, hence the WAH WAH WAH.

I think you just answered your own question. Why do you care about this?

I really don't think anyone in the group he's supposedly trying to relate too either know or care, they're too busy jerking off to Micheal Bay. Will he wear in in any of his other movies, like Indy 5 (Yes I checked, THERE IS A INDY 5 IN DEVELOPMENT.) No. Will he frequently wear it? Maybe at press events but that's about it. Will it effect his acting? Probably not. He's going through a mid-life crisis, John Travolta did, Nicholas Cage is virtually there, and Ford has as well.

Y-y-y-yes sir!!!...

GOD, your so much cooler then I am, I cannot even imagine how many jobs you were slaving over, and how many children you were supporting, and how many wars you were fighting in while you posted this response on this very forum! You must be one hard dude...

No, but seriously, try to consider the context of this exchange, were both on an online forum, AN ONLINE FORUM... there is no limit to the insignificance of topics on the internet, surely you know this, FACT? There is a limit to this telephone tough guy attitude your trying to lay on me, so please take these facts into consideration before you attempt to talk down to me again.

Can that crap. This has nothing to do with popularity or 'acting hard' I just thought your logic was stupid. You have the right to an opinion. As do I. It was agressive because your logic is fundamentally flawed and pissed me off.

True, which is why I'm going through every point and pointing out why they are wrong.

Yeah, so I posted this thread to accentuate this? Why are you in conflict with the obvious reason behind this thread!? WHY!?

You atrribute it to a recent earring, not the fact he's been choosing terrible movies and making poor decisions in an attempt to be relevant well in advance to this. This was just another futile attempt.

Harrison Ford sucking isn't new news, he has for a long time. The earring hasn't marked a sudden drop in his popularity, that's benn on a steady decline for years. I lost interest in him and his movies not long after Indy 4.

Dark Knight -> Marginally overrated

Out of all the films you pick over the last 10 years you choose those 5? That's playing into the stereotype you are talking about.

And as for you 'Films must have some teenager appeal'

The Lives of Others didn't

Oldboy didn't

Pan's Laybrinth didn't

City of God didn't

Spirited away didn't

Downfall didn't

The Last King of Scotland didn't

Grand Tourino didn't.

The Dark Knight had massive hype, but it was still a great film, as was District 9. Indy 4 was not underrated. It got what it deserved, a public hatred and dismissal. Avatar was meh. Glad it didn't get any oscars. Twilight is only rated by pre-pubescent fangirls, so I really wouldn't take their 'hype' that seriously.

Plus, Harrison Ford's movies had a larger audience range, this same reason is why D-9 only appealed to a narrow range of people, and the same reason you wouldn't take your little sister or grandmother to see a movie with aliens that eat catfood. Which is why Indiana Jones movies have to be perfect, and held to a much higher standards then movies intended teenagers who are frequently on the internet. I don't think D-9 was so magical, but I can understand why other people would, similarly, I can understand how people might not like the new Harrison Ford movies, but none of this has to do with Harrison Ford's degradation, which is the sole purpose of this thread?

The Dark Knight had cross appeal, and District 9 still manged to fill the sci-fi/action genre, a category filled with hundreds of heavy hitters with mass appeal. I did and they liked it too. Razz

Now you're arguing about the state of the Indiana Jones series, which back in the day was a great family fun action adventure. But honestly, that died with Indy 4, and the blame goes well beyond Ford. I blame Lucas and Speilberg, especially Lucas who penned that piece of crap.

Actually it does, if your going to talk about his degradtion, you need to talk about his acting ability and films of late. Which a clear indication of how shit he has now become.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:57 am

Vigil wrote: Will he wear in in any of his other movies, like Indy 5 (Yes I checked, THERE IS A INDY 5 IN DEVELOPMENT.)
... Excuse me while I go check and see how expensive Polonium 210 is per gram...
Anyone have George Lucas's address?

Vigil wrote:Pan's Laybrinth didn't

City of God didn't

Spirited away didn't

Downfall didn't

The Last King of Scotland didn't

Grand Tourino didn't.
Hey, how good were the highlighted movies? I'm curiously thinking about renting them.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:16 pm

I didn't like Spirited Away, but everyone else seems to love it...
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:19 pm

Wow

Now that I know what this thread is about

I think that no discussion between two humans (or multiple in this case) could be any more pointless than THIS ONE!
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by MrX Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:37 pm

Ringleader wrote:
Ukurse wrote:Well, is that the fag ear?

No, it's the MAN ear

you have a fucking star trek avatar... give up
MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Elabajaba Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:41 pm

I want tacos...

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next