Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo: Reach

+39
Zaki90
MrX
Ruski
CivBase
KristallNacht
Elabajaba
noir
TYFIGHTER
Barbbachello
Offensive Bias
A_Bearded_Swede
Prasheed
PiEdude
Lord Pheonix
RX
Kasrkin Seath
Angatar
TNine
Onyxknight
Death no More
Vigil
Ringleader
Dud Doodoo
Ukurse
Rotaretilbo
BBJynne
Ziggy
Nocbl2
KrAzY
dragoon9105
Rasq'uire'laskar
JB
Felix
Cheese
Gold Spartan
XNate02
Vtrooper
Gauz
Divine Virus
43 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 20 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Gold Spartan Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:46 pm

TNine wrote:There has been little to no conflict with the novels beyond the Spartan armour, which is somewhat explained by Emile being totally fucking insane.

Beyond that, i don't see any other huge canon infractions.
So Emile being insane manes everyone has different armor and have to be the M&Ms of Halo? That explains a lot. Rolling Eyes
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:53 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:
TNine wrote:There has been little to no conflict with the novels beyond the Spartan armour, which is somewhat explained by Emile being totally fucking insane.

So Emile being insane manes everyone has different armor and have to be the M&Ms of Halo? That explains a lot. Rolling Eyes
Noble Team is using what Mark V armour the Army can get, they're not going to get six full pieces of Mark V armour. Noble Team is on a signifigantly lower budget, i recall.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:54 pm

TNine wrote:
Gold Spartan5 wrote:

Noble Team is using what Mark V armour the Army can get, they're not going to get six full pieces of Mark V armour. Noble Team is on a signifigantly lower budget, i recall.
This explains why there's armor of so many different bright colors how?
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:12 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:
TNine wrote:
Gold Spartan5 wrote:

This explains why there's armor of so many different bright colors how?
For different envioronments? Green will make you stick out like a sore thumb in an area that is bright red.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:15 pm

TNine wrote:Noble Team is using what Mark V armour the Army can get, they're not going to get six full pieces of Mark V armour. Noble Team is on a signifigantly lower budget, i recall.

And how does the Army get Mark V armor that wasn't finished until the day before Reach falls, and without Halsey noticing? And how does Noble Team convince Jorge that he shouldn't tell any of his fellow S-IIs about the S-IIIs, or Halsey, even though we know that Jorge is not MIA and thus in regular contact with the other S-IIs. And why are stealth teams being outfitted with MJOLNIR armor rather than SPI armor? And why is their armor M&M colored, for no apparent reason? And why use Alpha S-IIIs when there are plenty of Gamma S-IIIs that would have made more sense? Carving a skull in one's visor is as dipshit retarded as they come, but that's just one of many issues with the game.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:30 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:
And how does the Army get Mark V armor that wasn't finished until the day before Reach falls
Spartan IIs got it several weeks before the FoR, and even then it was made long beforehand. Think about how long it took to make Cortana?
and without Halsey noticing?
They went behind her back? She can overlook a lot, but she can't double check every single failed model or etc.
And how does Noble Team convince Jorge that he shouldn't tell any of his fellow S-IIs about the S-IIIs, or Halsey, even though we know that Jorge is not MIA and thus in regular contact with the other S-IIs.
How do we know Jorge wasn't declared MIA? He's obviously not to people who know about Noble Team, but people who knew about Spartan IIIs didn't have Kurt as MIA either.
And why are stealth teams being outfitted with MJOLNIR armor rather than SPI armor?
Who said they were stealth teams?
And why is their armor M&M colored, for no apparent reason?
See above post. Not the best explaination, but it does work well enough.
And why use Alpha S-IIIs when there are plenty of Gamma S-IIIs that would have made more sense?
Meh, i like the explaination now just fine. Gamma Spartan IIIs would be far too young.
Carving a skull in one's visor is as dipshit retarded as they come, but that's just one of many issues with the game.
Meh, many of your complaints didn't even make a bleep on my canon freakout radar. If Bungie wants to change a thing or two to make a better story, let them, Halo canon is fucked after they leave anyway. After all, despite your complaints, none of them are really that bad.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:31 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:
TNine wrote:Noble Team is using what Mark V armour the Army can get, they're not going to get six full pieces of Mark V armour. Noble Team is on a signifigantly lower budget, i recall.

And how does the Army get Mark V armor that wasn't finished until the day before Reach falls, and without Halsey noticing? And how does Noble Team convince Jorge that he shouldn't tell any of his fellow S-IIs about the S-IIIs, or Halsey, even though we know that Jorge is not MIA and thus in regular contact with the other S-IIs. And why are stealth teams being outfitted with MJOLNIR armor rather than SPI armor? And why is their armor M&M colored, for no apparent reason? And why use Alpha S-IIIs when there are plenty of Gamma S-IIIs that would have made more sense? Carving a skull in one's visor is as dipshit retarded as they come, but that's just one of many issues with the game.
I agree. IF they got their hands on something stronger then SPI, it'd be MJOLNIR IV. But they're a stealth team, so why the fuck would they do that? AND THE FUCKING SKULL!!!!
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:21 am

TNine wrote:Spartan IIs got it several weeks before the FoR

John-117 is asked to test the brand new MJOLNIR Mk.V and is first introduced to Cortana on August 29 at about 6:00am. The Covenant is first detected by Reach on August 30 at about 4:00am. Reach comes under attack on August 30 at about 5:00am. Reach falls sometime later on August 30. That is to say, MJOLNIR Mk.V isn't tested until less than 24 hours before Reach is attacked.

TNine wrote:and even then it was made long beforehand.

Halsey receives the green light to implement her research into shield tech on the MJOLNIR Mk.V armor on August 25. That is to say, MJOLNIR Mk.V isn't finished until five days before Reach falls.

TNine wrote:Think about how long it took to make Cortana?

And the relevance is?

TNine wrote:They went behind her back? She can overlook a lot, but she can't double check every single failed model or etc.

Keep in mind that, as far as Halsey knows, the only people who can utilize these suits without being killed are her Spartans, and so the Army requesting or suits just vanishing would immediately peak her suspicions. And Halsey is one of the most intelligent scientists the UNSC has. I doubt she'd misplace that many suits.

TNine wrote:How do we know Jorge wasn't declared MIA? He's obviously not to people who know about Noble Team, but people who knew about Spartan IIIs didn't have Kurt as MIA either.

Because Halsey lists out the three Spartans that are actually MIA as of 2552, and they are Kurt, Randall, and Sheila. Notice how Jorge's name isn't there? That's because he wasn't listed, because he wasn't MIA. To put this into perspective, Halsey personally witnessed what was undoubtably Sheila's death, but because she cannot confirm the body, she lists Sheila as MIA. That is to say, they could not just fake Jorge's death and have him not show up as MIA as far as Halsey's concerned.

TNine wrote:Who said they were stealth teams?

That would be Bungie.

TNine wrote:See above post. Not the best explaination, but it does work well enough.

You realize that most of them are blue, right? Can you think of anything in nature that is blue? If Reach was a snow planet, I might buy it. But guess what, it isn't. In fact, it's a lush planet filled with trees and other greenery. Not to mention that there is no mention of the Spartans ever using any color but green, because making the armor was fucking expensive, so they couldn't afford to make extra suits of various colors just for the fuck of it.

TNine wrote:Meh, i like the explaination now just fine. Gamma Spartan IIIs would be far too young.

And the Alpha and Gamma S-IIIs would be far too dead. And at least, if they were Gamma, they would be much greener, and it would explain somewhat why they are so quick to deface their equipment and retarded enough to sacrifice their ability to see in order to look slightly badass.

TNine wrote:Meh, many of your complaints didn't even make a bleep on my canon freakout radar.

My father runs an avionics shop. We can check that out for you, though based on a preliminary bench test, I would say your canon radar is B.E.R.

TNine wrote:If Bungie wants to change a thing or two to make a better story, let them

What angers me is that they are essentially throwing out the books, which were far better written than anything other than the first game, when it would have been perfectly reasonable to go with the books and still retain almost all of the plot. Do you know how simple it would have been to do Gamma S-IIIs in SPI armor? Or S-IIs in Mk.V from Beta Squad? Really fucking easy.

TNine wrote:Halo canon is fucked after they leave anyway.

But, at the very least, we could look back and say "Bungie did it right." Except, now, they've decided to go the Microsoft route and sacrifice story for the sake of making a quick buck.

TNine wrote:After all, despite your complaints, none of them are really that bad.

Ya, definitely B.E.R.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:50 am

You also have to realise that all that customised armour was either constructed like that, or they spent the last few hours working on it. Emile was carving that skull out all night.

Unless they want to take the extreme route and say that they had the armour before Reach, and make the excuse they were wearing earlier prototypes of Mark V (Which A: Halsey would have noticed. B:The armour they got WAS the protoypes.)
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:15 am

I think it's 400 million suns.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by noir Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Ruining canon, yay.

Hell, why do they have to focus on spartans, I quite enjoyed being a marine.
noir
noir
Minion

Female Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:18 pm

Being a marine is only good when you have a squad, so you can actually kill Covenant in a somewhat realistic manner, too bad the AI sucks too much for the marines to be decent against the Covenant without superpowers (so, a squad of Spartans maybe?)
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:56 pm

RL are you kidding? I once gave a squad of 4 marines all rocket launchers.... and only 3 of them killed themselfs... the 4th one killed me

the moral of this story is, keep your rocket launcher.

I think my best marine story though is when the marine with the sniper rifle in Halo CE (I believe it was Sergent Johnson) was standing at the back of a group of marines in single file behind me... he fired 2 shots which went through every marines head, and through my chest... killing me and every other marine before saying "and NOW we're screwed!"
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:23 pm

on the other hand, CE Johnson could (kinda) accurately snipe from a moving warthog

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:27 pm

How was I kidding? I said the AI sucked, which I guess, agreed with what you were saying?

I meant being a marine in the sense that your out-gunned in every possible way, so fighting Covenant, would look ridiculous, even if you were kicking their asses. So one way to make the game feel better without giving the marines superpowers is to add more of them (squad) so your not the only one getting shot at.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:01 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:
TNine wrote:Spartan IIs got it several weeks before the FoR

John-117 is asked to test the brand new MJOLNIR Mk.V and is first introduced to Cortana on August 29 at about 6:00am. The Covenant is first detected by Reach on August 30 at about 4:00am. Reach comes under attack on August 30 at about 5:00am. Reach falls sometime later on August 30. That is to say, MJOLNIR Mk.V isn't tested until less than 24 hours before Reach is attacked.
Source? Last time i checked, it was two to three weeks.

Rotaretilbo wrote:
TNine wrote:and even then it was made long beforehand.

Halsey receives the green light to implement her research into shield tech on the MJOLNIR Mk.V armor on August 25. That is to say, MJOLNIR Mk.V isn't finished until five days before Reach falls.
Source? On Halopedia, it actually says 2542, and i knew it was in design and production for a while.

Rotaretilbo wrote:
TNine wrote:Think about how long it took to make Cortana?

And the relevance is?
Cortana was built excusively for use by the Spartan IIs in their mission.

Rotaretilbo wrote:
TNine wrote:They went behind her back? She can overlook a lot, but she can't double check every single failed model or etc.

Keep in mind that, as far as Halsey knows, the only people who can utilize these suits without being killed are her Spartans, and so the Army requesting or suits just vanishing would immediately peak her suspicions. And Halsey is one of the most intelligent scientists the UNSC has. I doubt she'd misplace that many suits.
If anything, the fact that only her Spartans could use them would make her even less cautious. Also, they don't need to find full suits, just a helmet here, a sheild generator there, hacking and making two orders come in and taking one before she notices, etc. The only thing that is ridiculous is the fact that they continued to be able to come up with replacements, but they could have had plenty of parts and have to create their own part occasionally (by hacking it from Halsley's computer).

TNine wrote:How do we know Jorge wasn't declared MIA? He's obviously not to people who know about Noble Team, but people who knew about Spartan IIIs didn't have Kurt as MIA either.

Because Halsey lists out the three Spartans that are actually MIA as of 2552, and they are Kurt, Randall, and Sheila. Notice how Jorge's name isn't there? That's because he wasn't listed, because he wasn't MIA. To put this into perspective, Halsey personally witnessed what was undoubtably Sheila's death, but because she cannot confirm the body, she lists Sheila as MIA. That is to say, they could not just fake Jorge's death and have him not show up as MIA as far as Halsey's concerned.
She points out what Spartans were actually MIA. Couldn't the army have faked Jorge's death? For that matter,why did she consider Kurt MIA?

TNine wrote:Who said they were stealth teams?

That would be Bungie.
Source? They use stealth when it is neccasary, but they aren't exclusively stealth.

TNine wrote:See above post. Not the best explaination, but it does work well enough.

You realize that most of them are blue, right? Can you think of anything in nature that is blue? If Reach was a snow planet, I might buy it. But guess what, it isn't. In fact, it's a lush planet filled with trees and other greenery. Not to mention that there is no mention of the Spartans ever using any color but green, because making the armor was fucking expensive, so they couldn't afford to make extra suits of various colors just for the fuck of it.
They built Mark VI, even though it was only a small improvement on Mark V and, if your timeline is correct, there were no Spartans left to use it. Also, we don't know about all of the UNSC planets, and Mark V was not built exclusively for Reach. Additionally, we will most likely see some snow enviorenments, as the need to keep the campaign varied for MP.

TNine wrote:Meh, i like the explaination now just fine. Gamma Spartan IIIs would be far too young.

And the Alpha and Gamma S-IIIs would be far too dead. And at least, if they were Gamma, they would be much greener, and it would explain somewhat why they are so quick to deface their equipment and retarded enough to sacrifice their ability to see in order to look slightly badass.
Several people aware of Noble team don't want Emile to continue until he goes under psychiatric help. Beyond that, Bungie wants to make a good story and as such wanted to build as much wiggle room as possible. They wanted unique characters that had survied by staying together. Spartan IIs lack the former and Gamma company lacked the latter. If anything, i am hopeful for this, it means Bungie didn't have to sacrifice anything in order to make a plot.

This is actually the same reason Bungie wanted to leave Halo, it was too developed and constricted.

TNine wrote:Meh, many of your complaints didn't even make a bleep on my canon freakout radar.

My father runs an avionics shop. We can check that out for you, though based on a preliminary bench test, I would say your canon radar is B.E.R.
lol. But more seriously, a canon infringement here or there isn't going to make or break the Haloverse, but another horrible campaign would.

TNine wrote:If Bungie wants to change a thing or two to make a better story, let them

What angers me is that they are essentially throwing out the books, which were far better written than anything other than the first game, when it would have been perfectly reasonable to go with the books and still retain almost all of the plot. Do you know how simple it would have been to do Gamma S-IIIs in SPI armor? Or S-IIs in Mk.V from Beta Squad? Really fucking easy.
Already explained. Bungie wants to make their own story, and a good one at that. Do you want to have another campaign like Halo 3, where Bungie could do almost nothing to make it interesting?

TNine wrote:Halo canon is fucked after they leave anyway.

But, at the very least, we could look back and say "Bungie did it right." Except, now, they've decided to go the Microsoft route and sacrifice story for the sake of making a quick buck.
I was more going the point that preserving one or two things isn't going to matter shit, and so far Bungie can do little to fuck up Halo even a fraction of what M$ did, or what (shivers) E$ did.

TNine wrote:After all, despite your complaints, none of them are really that bad.

Ya, definitely B.E.R.
:thefinger:
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:12 pm

Ensemble didn't fuck up the canon, Graeme did.

Ensemble was an amazing game company.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:24 pm

Gauz wrote:Ensemble didn't fuck up the canon, Graeme did.

And they fucked up.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:55 pm

Felix wrote:

And they fucked up.
nah

graeme devine did. Besides, their legacy of with age of empires covers that up.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:02 pm

Gauz wrote:
Felix wrote:

And they fucked up.
nah

graeme devine did. Besides, their legacy of with age of empires covers that up.

Yah?

No, they all did. And I really don't care about their "legacy" they fucked up on Halo Wars. End of story.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:11 pm

Still a great game developer Very Happy

Or I should say... was a great game developer. Everyone has their ups and downs, Ensemble happened to have many ups followed by a big down.

But hey! Look at Halo...
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:16 pm

Gauz wrote:Still a great game developer Very Happy

Or I should say... was a great game developer. Everyone has their ups and downs, Ensemble happened to have many ups followed by a big down.

But hey! Look at Halo...

I guess it's true; people really do have different opinions...

Can't really make a judgement there, never cared for Age of Empires.

What am I looking at?
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:56 pm

A universe in tatters.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:01 pm

Gauz wrote:A universe in tatters.

Sounds delicious.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:03 pm

I really didn't like AOE 3, it snored me.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next