Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo: Reach

+39
Zaki90
MrX
Ruski
CivBase
KristallNacht
Elabajaba
noir
TYFIGHTER
Barbbachello
Offensive Bias
A_Bearded_Swede
Prasheed
PiEdude
Lord Pheonix
RX
Kasrkin Seath
Angatar
TNine
Onyxknight
Death no More
Vigil
Ringleader
Dud Doodoo
Ukurse
Rotaretilbo
BBJynne
Ziggy
Nocbl2
KrAzY
dragoon9105
Rasq'uire'laskar
JB
Felix
Cheese
Gold Spartan
XNate02
Vtrooper
Gauz
Divine Virus
43 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Halo: Reach - Page 40 Empty Re: Halo: Reach

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:54 pm

Vigil wrote:I've heard this hollow 'Oh company X has totally sold out and their milking Franchise X now, they don't care about the fans anymore and their catering to the bayspolions crowd blah blah blah' BS argument and it pisses me off, as you presented NOTHING to support that and it sounds like your reading of a teleprompter.

That argument has been used against virtually every developer I can think of, and most time it comes of as stupid and hollow as you just did.
Thank you. I've been hearing that from my friends, hearing it over at the StarCraft Legacy forum, hearing it here, and hearing it from Ringleader. I'm frickin' tired of it, because it all sounds so juvenile. "Wah Wah Wah, Blizzard isn't giving us our Chat Channels! Wah, Blizzard would rather have useless units in multiplayer than awesome units! Wah, they sold their souls to Kotick and want our money!"

No. No. And no.
C'mon, people. I write HALO FANFICTION, including a fanfic longer than The Fall of Reach, and I think you're taking this too seriously. No, not seriously, you're going through the whole thing and picking it apart, LOOKING to hate stuff. Sure, Halo Wars deserved every inch of it, but there's no way you can do that to a book/movie/game and expect to like it. I've learned to forgive stuff like that, because I might like the story as a whole. I forgave Bungie for letting the ODSTs haul around HMGs, because I understood something called the "Separation of gameplay and story." I forgave Bungie for hauling in Keyes's brat and making her a main character, because it didn't detract too much from the story. I forgave Blizzard for bouncing the Idiot Ball off Stukov and DuGualle (And for WarCrap III) I forgave Tolkein for going off about a BLOODY ROCK for a whole page, because the rest of the story is still awesome.

TLDR: It's still good. Take a deep breath. Look for stuff you like too.

Vigil wrote:If you're going to hate, hate intelligently.
True.

As for the booster rockets, I'd hazard a guess that they're to get the Sabre into Low Reach Orbit faster than a Pelican can.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:35 pm

Gauz wrote:
I'm trying to navigate an empty city not find the lost city of Bablyonia or some shit like that! I shouldn't have to pull my map out every couple minutes because I made a wrong turn into a courtyard that looks like a carbon copy of the last 3 courtyards I navigated through.
Not true.
Vigil, me, and a friend of ours (Schinler) all played through the campaign together for a bit to help Schinler beat it on legendary. As we traveled from point a to b, we actually looked around the city and found some really cool things which are hidden in dark corners and buildings around the city, which made the 2nd playthrough quite enjoyable. When i was leading the group to the next mission, i didn't even look at the map cause i could tell where i was from the surroundings. So please don't tell me the courtyards looks all the same. Thanks.
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:44 pm

Rasq speaks the truth...

The common sence truth.

Thank you Rasq for saying what needed to be said.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by XNate02 Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:24 pm

Agreed. 65 pages of complaining about a skull on a visor in a video game gets very..... whats the word I'm looking for..... oh I got it.

It's quite sad really
XNate02
XNate02
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2345
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:29 pm

I would also like to point out (again) that if the worst thing you can complain about is a helmet, THAT'S A GOOD THING
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:52 pm

I would note that the helmet is neither my only complaint nor my biggest complaint. I only brought it up because it is one that people tried to explain away, and there is no more explaining it away. When I get home tomorrow, I'll write a nice big post about why I think Reach is going in the wrong direction.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:56 pm

And we'll sit there and laugh. We will print it out...

And when the game finally comes out, we'll take out that paper and laugh some more, harder this time as we play Reach.

;) Well, I might do that. Maybe...
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:10 pm

Guys, stop with the hate! Who gives a shit if a spaceship has booster rockets? Who cares if an idiot has a skull on his visor?

Also, who cares about hating on a game they hate if they aren't going to buy it because they hate it so much?

TL;DR: WHO THE FUCK CARES???
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:16 pm

I sure don't.

Rot and anybody else is probably gonna go ahead and post their problems with Reach (a game they haven't even played yet) and I'll probably read'em. But I won't care...

I...just...won't...care. I've had enough with this back & forth. I'll probably still post in here, but-oh you know what I mean.

Whatever
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:25 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:I would note that the helmet is neither my only complaint nor my biggest complaint. I only brought it up because it is one that people tried to explain away, and there is no more explaining it away. When I get home tomorrow, I'll write a nice big post about why I think Reach is going in the wrong direction.

So it is a small complaint. Not even worth mentioning. After 60+ pages of arguing over it, maybe we both can realize it is too small to care about.

And fine, you write your blog post. You write till your hearts content. But know this; if you nit-pick every little detail, you will always find problems.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:00 pm

I THINK THE SACK PEOPLE FROM LITTLE BIG PLANET NEED CIVIL RIGHTS! IT'S UNJUST! <----- whole argument was about as useful as that post. Just saying.
JB
JB
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RX Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:11 am

Holy shit! I never noticed how long this damn thread was!
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:24 am

RX wrote:Holy shit! I never noticed how long this damn thread was!

yeah sad aint it, good thing im almost compleatly on PS3 since my Xbox died
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:51 am

JB wrote:I THINK THE SACK PEOPLE FROM LITTLE BIG PLANET NEED CIVIL RIGHTS! IT'S UNJUST! <----- whole argument was about as useful as that post. Just saying.

Hey, the sack people have rights too!
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:15 am

If we always accept the mediocre bullshit developers hand us without a word, we'll never get to play good shit, and eventually, the developers will realize they can hand us pisspoor bullshit and we'll still take it. That is the current state of the industry. That is why I and many others were severely unimpressed with 95% of the stuff here at e3.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:25 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:If we always accept the mediocre bullshit developers hand us without a word, we'll never get to play good shit, and eventually, the developers will realize they can hand us pisspoor bullshit and we'll still take it. That is the current state of the industry. That is why I and many others were severely unimpressed with 95% of the stuff here at e3.

I fail to see how a helmet would cause mediocre bullshit. Maybe if the helmet was made of an elites skull then I would raise an eyebrow to it.

-------

http://www.thecrimsonflame.com/viewtopic.forum?t=3466
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down