Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo Legends 'Origins' Part one Review.

+9
Divine Virus
CivBase
Vtrooper
Rasq'uire'laskar
kslidz
PiEdude
Ringleader
Felix
Vigil
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Halo Legends 'Origins' Part one Review. Empty Halo Legends 'Origins' Part one Review.

Post by Vigil Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:20 am

Halo Legends ‘Origins’ Part 1 Review.

Here we are again, for the final preview of Halo Legends, this one Origins, chronicling the history of the haloverse. You know the deal by now, massive spoilers ahead.
Spoiler:
This one was pretty hard to judge, as it was basically just going over the history of the Forerunners, which is very well known and explained. It wasn’t as bad as the Duel, but it wasn’t anything that special. I didn’t really like the look of the Forerunners, and I still think we shouldn’t have seen them, power armour or no. Check it out if you want, but to be honest, you’re not going to learn anything new here.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Halo Legends 'Origins' Part one Review. Empty Re: Halo Legends 'Origins' Part one Review.

Post by Felix Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:26 am

Sweet, forgot it was Saturday. Will Watch before I read.

Saw, was interesting, and wasn't that bad.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Halo Legends 'Origins' Part one Review. Empty Re: Halo Legends 'Origins' Part one Review.

Post by Ringleader Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:42 am

Where can I watch it, not on Halo Waypoint?
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:46 am

Youtube will probably have it by now.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:52 am

I actually didn't think this one was that bad.

It was how it should be, Bungie's story, but somebody else's art.
Unfortunately, it's the art of the Japs, but still.

I hate it because it's anime, but they didn't overtly rape canon this time, so I'm okay with it.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:04 am

Pretty interesting weapons I must say though. And the part that always confuses me is, if they document every other species population, and DNA, and stuff, why not have theirs as well?
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:10 am

The only question I had with it was, I there was a ring above Doisac, Sangheilos and Eayn, why didn't the Covenant find them centuries before they ecountered us?
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by kslidz Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:56 am

why dont they use cyclops'?!?!?

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:54 pm

Vigil wrote:The only question I had with it was, I there was a ring above Doisac, Sangheilos and Eayn, why didn't the Covenant find them centuries before they ecountered us?
I don't think that the Rings STAYED there, but I do find it troubling...

Overall, not bad, 100 times better than the others, but the drawing still sucked.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:22 pm

Agreed.

The drawing was typical to this genre. I tolerate it, but luckily this was the last preview.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:15 pm

well i think that they gave Elites, Brutes and Jackels new worlds, its seems probible
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:00 pm

Aw man, this was the lamest thing I have ever seen...

What was the big idea NOT making humans Forerunners? Did no one else see the potential story arc completion here? I mean, was it not hinted enough in all the games and books?! (until recently of course, whenever anyone can say some retarded crap and it becomes galvanized into the story). But really now, the story is rapidly losing its flare with these morons at 343 and ES, just, DESTROYING any hint of mystery and interest in the the Halo Universe.

and so the Forerunners cataloged and preserved every sentient species in the entire galaxy... EXCEPT FOR THEMSELVES!!!... The travesties going on here, to what used to be a good story are just, astronomically big.

If the Halo's were right above all the inhabited planets, wouldn't the aliens living on the planet immediately have access to Forerunner technology, and to a Halo that they could potentially use? None of the new stuff makes any sense, it's just stupidity.

And as always, the art style still looked like it took 3 guys two hours to make, just not at all acceptable...
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:10 pm

Ringleader wrote:What was the big idea NOT making humans Forerunners? Did no one else see the potential story arc completion here?
Did you not see how similar they were?
IDK about you, but the leading theory on HBO is that Forerunners are humans put into accelerated development by Precursers. Humans were still left behind. Hell, Halo 3 specifically stated that the Forerunners FOUND us.

Ringleader wrote:I mean, was it not hinted enough in all the games and books?! (until recently of course, whenever anyone can say some retarded crap and it becomes galvanized into the story). But really now, the story is rapidly losing its flare with these morons at 343 and ES, just, DESTROYING any hint of mystery and interest in the the Halo Universe.
Eh... It hasn't been brought up since CH, which was okay...

Ringleader wrote:and so the Forerunners cataloged and preserved every sentient species in the entire galaxy... EXCEPT FOR THEMSELVES!!!... The travesties going on here, to what used to be a good story are just, astronomically big.
In case you didn't notice, that's what happened in Halo 3.

Ringleader wrote:If the Halo's were right above all the inhabited planets, wouldn't the aliens living on the planet immediately have access to Forerunner technology, and to a Halo that they could potentially use? None of the new stuff makes any sense, it's just stupidity.
I believe the Covenant already found the remains of one (Eaten beyond recognition by the Hunters) and I also believe that the Forerunner could have moved the Halos afterward. It would make sense that the Halos would fire near the Species' planets. If they'd survived to the end of the Forerunner-Flood war, then obviously the Forerunners had made those areas into strongholds.

Ringleader wrote:And as always, the art style still looked like it took 3 guys two hours to make, just not at all acceptable...
Yeah, I'll give you that.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:54 pm

I hate the forerunner outfits - wtf is with the wings? - but otherwise, there's nothing really wrong with this one. It left out a ton of everything behind the forerunner/flood war, though. Overall, it's just a brief summary of events for people that are too lazy to read the books.

It followed cannon better than any other one... but that's because it didn't make any of it's own, save the forerunner outfits. I can't help wonder what part II will be like, though.

BTW, I just realized.... if Dr. Halsey was like 30 in The Package... wouldn't that make John about 10? His voice got deep fast.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:25 am

Origins was perfectly fine.

I for one liked the art style. Sure it was simple but it was still effective. It felt like it was a comic. Like in the Halo Graphic novel.

This one is my favorite so far. I liked The Flood forms that we saw. So, yeah this one was pretty good.

Yes the one thing that is kinda lame is the Forerunner armor. I guess I can see what they were going for because it sorta looks like the spartan armor. Which is one reason why I guess some of the Machines called the Spartans Reclaimers.

Also...
Halo Legends 'Origins' Part one Review. Forerunner_powrangers
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:06 am

GO GO FORERUNNER RANGERS!

EDIT: On a serious note, after watching it, it wasn't too bad. The art stlye, I happened to like, I just wish they elaborated with some details. The rest was fine, and how anime should look by the way.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:17 am

Actually, Rock brings up a good point, (not about the Power Rangers).

Guilty Spark does say (during the Library) that the Chief's armor is inferior, and suggests a different kind.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:10 am

Ringleader wrote:What was the big idea NOT making humans Forerunners? Did no one else see the potential story arc completion here?
Did you not see how similar they were?
IDK about you, but the leading theory on HBO is that Forerunners are humans put into accelerated development by Precursers. Humans were still left behind. Hell, Halo 3 specifically stated that the Forerunners FOUND us.

I don't go on HBO, but I did notice the Forerunners looking an awful lot like humans in lame armor. The thing is the way 343 portrayed them was really really bad, they really shouldn't have showed them at all tbh... I mean what is the point?! why do you need to know what a Forerunner looked like? It doesn't add anything to the story, and it detracts a lot from it in terms of the scarce/extinct quality of the the Forerunner.

Ringleader wrote:I mean, was it not hinted enough in all the games and books?! (until recently of course, whenever anyone can say some retarded crap and it becomes galvanized into the story). But really now, the story is rapidly losing its flare with these morons at 343 and ES, just, DESTROYING any hint of mystery and interest in the the Halo Universe.
Eh... It hasn't been brought up since CH, which was okay...

I don't think it's okay, I mean, they are just bulldozing over what clearly made Halo cool. I would hardly consider anything new, that did not come out of Bungie themselves to be canon, because even if they think they are abiding by what Bungie gave them in terms of the plot structure, their interpretation of it, and where they went with it is clearly in the wrong direction (Japanese buildings on alien planets...) The potential in each one of these episodes, is so great, and what happens, is such a let down, my poor little heart cannot take much more of it.

Ringleader wrote:If the Halo's were right above all the inhabited planets, wouldn't the aliens living on the planet immediately have access to Forerunner technology, and to a Halo that they could potentially use? None of the new stuff makes any sense, it's just stupidity.
I believe the Covenant already found the remains of one (Eaten beyond recognition by the Hunters) and I also believe that the Forerunner could have moved the Halos afterward. It would make sense that the Halos would fire near the Species' planets. If they'd survived to the end of the Forerunner-Flood war, then obviously the Forerunners had made those areas into strongholds.

That was just Forerunner debris, it didn't say it was a Halo did it? When on the Ark, there seemed to be real time condition in terms of the state of each Halo ring, so if that Halo was really destroyed, I am pretty certain it would show up as debris in the Ark's control room/halo firing room. If it made sense for them to keep the Halos above inhabited planets (which I don't think we can justify Forerunner actions, giving further intrigue to the story, and making it better and more appealing) , then they probably would have kept them there. Also, there are 7 of them so they can encompass the entire area of the galaxy, so if they just had 3 of them over planets in just one arm of the Milky Way, then they wouldn't work properly as they would all fire in close proximity and not cover the remaining area of the MW. Also, the probably reason why Halos orbit around gas giants is because they are extremely large and massive, Halo's diameter is almost that of earth's, so it is not entirely practical to have such a massive complex stationed over a relatively small body.

Yeah, I feel obliged to draw up better Forerunner armor...
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:20 am

the reason they orbit gas giants is for fuel

but yes... good point was brought up about the size of the galaxy... installation 04 was EXTREMELY far away from earth... Delta halo was a lot closer to earth (just judging from the time it took them to reach it)
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:33 pm

I still see the Forerunners as Kaminoan-looking creatures, but of course more ethical. And with firearms...

The episode itself wasn't too bad, but, it had its flaws, as ever.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:46 pm

Yah, showing the forerunners was a HUGE mistake...
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:17 pm

Ringleader wrote:
I don't go on HBO, but I did notice the Forerunners looking an awful lot like humans in lame armor. The thing is the way 343 portrayed them was really really bad, they really shouldn't have showed them at all tbh... I mean what is the point?! why do you need to know what a Forerunner looked like? It doesn't add anything to the story, and it detracts a lot from it in terms of the scarce/extinct quality of the the Forerunner.
You won't get any argument from me there.

Ringleader wrote:I don't think it's okay, I mean, they are just bulldozing over what clearly made Halo cool. I would hardly consider anything new, that did not come out of Bungie themselves to be canon, because even if they think they are abiding by what Bungie gave them in terms of the plot structure, their interpretation of it, and where they went with it is clearly in the wrong direction (Japanese buildings on alien planets...) The potential in each one of these episodes, is so great, and what happens, is such a let down, my poor little heart cannot take much more of it.
Look at it this way...
Just how many games and novels (Hell, the movie!) are going to pick up on the crap in the animes? Reach already retconned the Spartan's appearances beneath their armor, and I doubt other things (Female 'leets!) are going to stick around.

Ringleader wrote:That was just Forerunner debris, it didn't say it was a Halo did it? When on the Ark, there seemed to be real time condition in terms of the state of each Halo ring, so if that Halo was really destroyed, I am pretty certain it would show up as debris in the Ark's control room/halo firing room.
Good point.

Ringleader wrote:(which I don't think we can justify Forerunner actions, giving further intrigue to the story, and making it better and more appealing)
You're going a little far there, Ringleader.

Ringleader wrote:then they probably would have kept them there. Also, there are 7 of them so they can encompass the entire area of the galaxy, so if they just had 3 of them over planets in just one arm of the Milky Way, then they wouldn't work properly as they would all fire in close proximity and not cover the remaining area of the MW.
Eh, I assumed that the Covenant come from at least two other arms of the MWG.

Ringleader wrote:Yeah, I feel obliged to draw up better Forerunner armor...
Please do. I always assumed that it would look a lot like the Sentinels, and would obscure their outline.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:20 pm

Heres a drawing of Forerunner Assault Armor I promised.

Halo Legends 'Origins' Part one Review. Assaultsuitfinalcopy

Hes supposed to have a holographic Statue of Liberty like crown (didn't scan over well), with some other holograms floating above his head. I made the legs have mechanical segments to hide the human shape, and enhance mobility.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:48 pm

Reminds me of sauron
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RX Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:31 am

Very nice, didn't know you drew THAT well
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next