Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo Legends: The Duel Review.

+20
MrX
Lord Pheonix
Death no More
CivBase
Elabajaba
Rotaretilbo
RX
JB
Ukurse
Ascendant Justice
Gold Spartan
Angatar
BBJynne
Divine Virus
TNine
Rasq'uire'laskar
Felix
XNate02
Ringleader
Vigil
24 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Halo Legends: The Duel Review. - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo Legends: The Duel Review.

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:33 pm

Man, they turned down Ewe Boll for this?
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Halo Legends: The Duel Review. - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo Legends: The Duel Review.

Post by Ringleader Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:37 pm

Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:38 pm

Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:46 pm

.....My god is this ever bad. I had to watch TWO videos of Starcraft 2 just to get the feelings of wanting to die, out of my mind.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:53 pm

We have got to take action, but how? A million man petition, but against 343 and it's spawn?
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:59 pm

Felix wrote:
RockaHolicGameR wrote:
Felix wrote:WHO TOLD!?!? :suspect: :suspect:

Some jappanese guy on some website for some game. Very Happy

Damn, I always knew you could never trust the Jappanese...

Well, time to nuke Japan.
I swear he was korean.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:40 pm

Was he?

I forget.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:14 am

LETS MAKE THE HUNTERS 4 STORIES TALL THAT SEEMS LIKE A GOOD IDEA!

good God, are the people inbred or something? I mean I know they could, but why would you?

Lol my favorite part had to be the jolly rancher colored blood fountain the arbiter had XD

That video is retarded.
JB
JB
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:44 am

You think it's bad now?

Look what we have coming up.

Halo Legends: The Duel Review. - Page 2 The_ha10
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810

Back to top Go down

Post by RX Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:36 am

Don't say he's gonna try and make an anime outta the Halo games themselves??? Look at the pic with Cortana and behold all the familiar faces and locations...
Spoiler:
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:03 am

Vigil wrote:You think it's bad now?

Top right photo makes me want to kill myself a little bit.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:05 am

TNine wrote:

Going to be tough to beat this

Halo Legends: The Duel Review. - Page 2 Arbite10
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:29 am

He must have had some high blood pressure or something.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:39 am

The Hunters, I can forgive. But the Elites? Definitely not. I'd swear that the female just had a regular mouth, no mandible at all. Here's an interesting note: when an Elite is at rest, it's maw is normally open.

Spoiler:
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:43 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:The Hunters, I can forgive. But the Elites? Definitely not. I'd swear that the female just had a regular mouth, no mandible at all. Here's an interesting note: when an Elite is at rest, it's maw is normally open.

Spoiler:
Counter spoiler to your spoiler. Razz
Spoiler:
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:47 am

Vigil wrote:Counter spoiler to your spoiler. Razz
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Elabajaba Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:13 pm

TNine wrote:

Fuck, they all look awful. Worst ones are top right, and top middle. I mean, it looks like a fucked up king kong on the cover.

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:54 pm

Lets start a million man petition against it.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:12 pm

I'm going to start with my own review, then read and respond to Vigil's. I doubt a spoiler notice is necessary.

CivBase's Review
So, the episode started with an elite on a row boat. This seems a little out of place, but, being as it is on Sanghelios, a humble mode of transportation doesn't seem completely unbelievable, especially in the elite culture.

The elite, obviously an Arbiter, judging by his armor, moves on to what is apparently an obvious trap and kills a few elites that pop out of the bushes. He has some flashbacks where he is arguing with a prophet (bad news bears), but also a talk with his wife. Now, I had a bit of trouble with this part. The "wife" relationship was incredibly similar to a human relationship... something that most definitely does not seem to fit the elite culture. It bugged me to no end, but there really isn't any solid problems with it that I know of, so I'll let it slide.

At this point, I also noticed something horribly wrong: the elites had no lower mandibles. I'm not sure how 343 Studios could have possibly not known that elites had lower mandibles, but these elites most definitely did not have them. WTF? I mean, that is one of the most important features of an elite, and they missed it?

Okay, so now the Arbiter (Fal) is at some Japanese-style training camp. This is odd, but considering that the companies were given complete freedom, I had already anticipated some reflection of Japanese society. It's no different from the Japanese-style ruins in the Babysitter. Other than that, my only other issue is that Fal is wearing an oversized bathrobe.

Anyways, his buddy, whose name I do not recall, comes up to tell him that his quarrel with the prophets and unwillingness to believe in the Great Journey they are professing is going to get him into a heap of trouble. Fal acknowledges this, but sticks to his ideals.

Now the show skips to Fal standing in some giant, reddish canyon. He charges at an army and kills them. During the army, the first oddity I noticed was that the jackles used physical shields, not energy shields. Nothing I have seen suggests that physical shields had been used in an extended time except for with hunters and brutes. Fal continued to rape until the infantry were dead.

The next wave consisted of three huge hunters (about four times the size of the hunters we've seen), a wraith, and two flying vehicles that somewhat resembled the vampires of Halo Wars. Fal climbed up on one of the hunters and stabbed it in the back of the head and it fell over. Two obvious problems with this: 1) the hunters were HUGE, 2) stabbing a hunter in the back of the "head" would have no more effect than stabbing it in the foot. The vehicles and the other hunters magically died at some point.

While all this was going on, some important, really tall elite dude in black armor forced Fal's friend to kill his wife with some oversized sword that reminded me of Bleach. I guess he took to long, because the next we saw of him, he was lying in a pool of blood. Fal came in and saw that his wife was murdered and now the flashback's over.

Fal confronts the big elite dude and they stare for a while, as is custom with Anime. The big elite guy wields the giant sword. They finally swing at eachother and we find out that Fal has a lot of blood. I mean a LOT. The big elite laughs, but then finds out that he was stabbed as well. They both die.

Sad ending, but a rather short fight for a show called "The Duel," but whatever.

Vigil's Review
Vigil wrote:Our scene then moves to the Elite talking to his wife. Yes they show Sangheili females. For some stupid reason they have hair (Even though their reptilian????) And when they talk only two of their mandibles move, so they look exactly like we do when we talk, lower jaw opening and closing, with a rigid upper jaw. Hey Jackasses, an Elite has FOUR INDEPENDENT MANDIBLES. Whenever they have spoken in any other Halo media, all four have moved. That’s lazy animation and completely stupid as later they show all four moving, but more on that later.
I watched it on youtube, so it looked like they had the same jaw structure as humans. Maybe they did have the mandibles, but they obviously didn't move interdependently.

Vigil wrote:They talk for a while and then we see him train other Sangheili, preparing them for battle, apparently against their own brethren. It is then we learn that this Elite is the Arbiter, the First Arbiter, back when the title was of a great respect and honour, as he was similar to a feudal lord of his clan (and looking at the Cole Protocol it doesn’t surprise me). We then learn this planet is Sangheilos, and his friend asks him to reconsider what he is doing, that what is not only heresy, but treason. The Arbiter replies that they are strong, they were strong before this alliance, and they could be so again, he says that he will meet any message they send him.
The First Arbiter? Huh. Funky. I suppose that somewhat explains the use of non-energy weapons and shields.

Vigil wrote:It then cuts to a blood red battlefield, where the Arbiter standing alone (Those soldiers you were just training came in handy huh?) against an army of Covenant troops. He takes them head on, and begins to beat the living shit out of them. Again, he’s only armed with an energy sword, yet he manages to hold off hundreds of attackers by himself.
Suppose that's why he's the first Arbiter? Razz

Vigil wrote:Meanwhile, Our Samurai Elite has used the Arbiter’s friend to get at his wife and orders him to kill her, so the Arbiter will have no choice but to face him in battle (The Prophet had ordered him to eliminate the Arbiter, so that once respected title would become a mark of shame…..very subtle reference to later events there). As they kill his wife, the Arbiter takes on two ghosts and a Wraith, and somehow with energy sword defeats them. Now comes the best bit. He then faces and defeats a massive Hunter, and I’m talking ridiculously huge, nearly double the size of a normal one, as the 8 foot Arbiter has to climb up its massive frame to stab it in the head. First question: WHY THEY FUCK DID THEY NEVER HAVE ANY OF THESE IN THE GAMES? Second question: Who green lit this stupidity?
I don't think they were ghosts. Anyways, the size of the hunters was definitely stupid.

Vigil wrote:Any who, he returns home after MASSACRING AN ENTIRE FUCKING ARMY, to find that his wife is dead, which he then roars with anger about, and all four mandibles stretch out. Gee, couldn’t you have done that earlier? He then tracks down the samurai elite, armed with a giant sword, which wouldn’t look out of place in a Final Fantasy game. He then challenges the Arbiter to the ‘Duel’ of the title, saying once he is dead, he can take over his clan and bring all the Elites into the Covenant and work towards the Great Journey, the Arbiter just wants to avenge his wife. So they slowly circle one another, barley moving for a good 30 seconds, then they do that clichéd swift slash crap, where you don’t know who’s been hit. It then becomes clear that the Arbiter was hit, as his chest becomes a geyser of purple blood. Seriously, it is one of the most retarded things I have ever seen in Halo, his chest shoots out blood like a fucking industrial hose. Despite losing all the blood in his body in one gory display, he seems to have managed to take the Samurai Elite with him, with his energy sword buried deep in his chest. The Samurai Elite goes down first, followed shortly after by the Arbiter who’s last thought are of his wife, and then it fades to black.
I find it odd that he took out that entire army, but couldn't kill the elite without squirting blood like a fire hydrant.

Vigil wrote:To conclude, this was even worse than the last one, the art styles was really fucking annoying as it looked like I was watching it from behind a filter, or somebody has thrown acid over my eyes so it was occasionally very difficult to work out what was going on. The fights were plain ridiculous as he defeats an entire army, then goes down in one strike. I also found it very odd that they managed to stop a blade made of energy with a metal sword, bet they’ll say it has something like a cortosis weave, like star wars has, and it will just as stupid as that. Again the art style and structures were Japanese in origin, again making no sense in the Halo universe. Like the last one it was a nice concept but one gain it was fundamentally flawed by the creators and writers as they obviously know nothing about the source material. Apparently the director was the same as Ghost in the Shell, but to be honest it really doesn’t make a difference, if you’re a fan of Halo, you may get some level of entertainment out of this attempt to bring some background to the title of the Arbiter, but in terms of Lore, it failed miserably.
I wouldn't say it was worse than the other one... her hair in the other one bugged the crap out of me, but it wasn't better.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:19 pm

TNine wrote:

The top middle one makes me want hang myself with barbed wire.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:22 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Also to point out, he was in the arbitor armor when he found his wife dead.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Death no more wrote:
TNine wrote:

The top middle one makes me want hang myself with barbed wire.

FROG BRUTE WANTS 1337 SPARTAN IN HIS BELLY!
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:25 pm

Felix wrote:
Rotaretilbo wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Sorry about the double post, but no he wasn't. He was back in his casual get-up. The guy has more quick changes from battle gear to casual gear than fucking Bruce Wayne.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:29 pm

Vigil wrote:
Felix wrote:
Rotaretilbo wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Sorry about the double post, but no he wasn't. He was back in his casual get-up. The guy has more quick changes from battle gear to casual gear than fucking Bruce Wayne.

Really? I could have sworn he was in his arbitor uniform.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:32 pm

Felix wrote:
Vigil wrote:
Felix wrote:
Rotaretilbo wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Really? I could have sworn he was in his arbitor uniform.

Nope I rewtached the ending again today, just to watch the retarded death scene so I could get that image. He was in his casual duds.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next