Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

President Barrack Obama

+8
Rotaretilbo
Kasrkin Seath
KrAzY
BBJynne
Toaster
Dud Doodoo
PiEdude
CivBase
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

President Barrack Obama - Page 2 Empty Re: President Barrack Obama

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:13 pm

KrAzY wrote:the media gave him more than a free ride.... they elevated him to celebrity status and then villanized mccain

Sarah Palin said
"He's paling around with Terroists."

Which is true. Check out Bill Ayers.

But the media reports:
Sarah Palin said "He's paling around with Terroists!"
Sarah Palin is dumb. Sarah Palin is inexperienced. Sarah Palin enjoys gunning down entire elk herds from an Apache Helicopter, and then she brews wine from the blood of baby seals while extolling the decadent "Virtues" of capitalism!
Would you like to know more?

But then we have Joe the Plumber, who was unfortunately exploited by the McCain campaign, try to ask legitimate questions of Barrack Obama, and Obama replies that, yes, he wants to spread the wealth around. Ala Huey Long.

But no, we can't have anyone ask questions of Obama unless they are diehard supporters. Ergo, the media has a field day.
"JOE THE PLUMBER ISN'T A CERTIFIED PLUMBER!!!"
Correction: He isn't a UNION plumber.
"JOE THE PLUMBER IS AN IDIOT! OBAMA TAX CUTS WOULDN'T AFFECT HIM!"
Correction: Joe wanted to acquire the business he works for, which is what he told Obama. Therefore, Obama's tax RAISES would affect him, and it's already a pain in the neck to own a small business.
"JOE THE PLUMBER OWES BACK TAXES!"
This argument looks even MORE ridiculous after seeing Obama's nominations. Besides, Joe wouldn't have known about the taxes until he filed his taxes this year.

And then there's the incident where Obama supporters did illegal searches for him on government databases.

Change! CHANGE! CHANGE!
But not all change is Progress.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:26 pm

Dud wrote:I have yet to see proof of both his commitment to his promises and their results.

Jesus Christ dud, the man hasn't even been in office for a month and your saying you have yet to see commitment?

I'm not denying that race played a part in his election, I'm just saying that I think you are far exaggerating it.

I think a lot of people voted for Obama for the same reason that a lot voted for McCain... They saw him as the lesser of two evils. I don't like a lot of Obama's ideas, but I certainly prefer them over those of his former opponent. Had McCain run his campaign on the same ideals that he ran with in 2000, I might have thought differently. Instead, he warped his opinions so that they could appeal to the masses.

Rasq wrote:Sarah Palin said
"He's paling around with Terroists."

Which is true. Check out Bill Ayers.

But the media reports:
Sarah Palin said "He's paling around with Terroists!"

The thing is Rasq, he's not "paling around with terrorists." He served on a committee which also happened to have William Airs in a seat. He occasionally waves to the guy, out of common human courtesy. He's not having the guy over for tea.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:43 pm

No, but Ayers is having him over for coffee. Razz
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:39 am

Just a little clue at what you have unleashed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTdyMklPv3g&feature=related
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KingKTiger1 Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:15 pm

The only thing I have to say is it is about time some people got recognized for their skills.

If the guy does not represent what you want at least he is a graduate from Harvard. That alone says something.

He has my respect at being the first African American as President. In addition he is also one of the few Presidents to do a few other things besides being black.
KingKTiger1
KingKTiger1
Minion

Male Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:48 pm

CivBase wrote:And here I thought I would like the guy a bit more after he got into office... guess I was wrong. Maybe you've heard of the recent news, Obama canceled the trial of the (Muslim, Al Qaeda) terrorist who bombed the USS Cole and killed seventeen men. The terrorist will get off scotch free, he just has to finish his jail sentence. What kills me is that not only did Obama cancel this case, but he went out of his way to find this case and cancel it, and of all times the day before the trial (after EIGHT YEARS!), and even before talking to the families. There has to be some sort of a connection here. Not to mention all the people he's appointed that have been busted.

I also just read, from CNN of all places, the amnesty bill that he supports. I'll let you take a look at the video for yourself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP1UQMd7VMw
He is going to be ok

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:58 pm

lol zaki, you have no idea
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot