Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Xbox One and why I'm buying it over the PS4

+11
dragoon9105
CivBase
Gauz
KristallNacht
KrAzY
Ascendant Justice
Vigil
Lord Pheonix
Nocbl2
Angatar
A_Bearded_Swede
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Xbox One and why I'm buying it over the PS4 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Xbox One and why I'm buying it over the PS4

Post by CivBase Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:52 am

So we're all agreed then? The changes planned for the Xbox One would have been okay, but MS did a horrible job with PR and caused everyone to hate it?
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

The Xbox One and why I'm buying it over the PS4 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Xbox One and why I'm buying it over the PS4

Post by Vigil Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:09 pm

CivBase wrote:So we're all agreed then?  The changes planned for the Xbox One would have been okay, but MS did a horrible job with PR and caused everyone to hate it?

Sorta.

I don't agree with the model for a console, as it would be a moderate inconvenience to me in comparison to the PS4, but if they had been up front with me and given me a clear convincing argument as to why this would be a good thing (ala Steam) It would of been fine in my books.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:16 pm

Certain aspects of the proposed changes needed to be changed, but other aspects were actually pretty exciting. However, as Yahtzee put it,

Yahtzee wrote:It was like Microsoft walked out onto the stage of the International Don't Fuck Up Championship and proceeded to shiv itself in the stomach thirty times while screaming, "It's for your own good! It's for your own good!" Then Sony came out and said, "I don't want to stab myself in the stomach. That shit hurts," whereupon fucking confetti exploded from the ceiling and they're handed the Sickest Burn in History of the Universe trophy. It was savvy of them to spend their air time pointing and laughing at the competition because it meant that they didn't have to explain what's in it for us - the gamers - to keep supporting the console war concept, with all its anti-consumer exclusivity and insistence on flashier graphics to the continued detriment to actual gameplay and- SHUT UP! MICROSOFT RAPES FISH! You know, I thought Microsoft would backtrack during the show, not a week later, but I guess it's hard for actual human beings to be heard among a staff largely consisting of blood-drinking lizard people from beyond the stars.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:41 pm

Yeah that episode was pretty much a good assessment of the 3.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:38 pm

Xbox One was tryign to be steam for consoles.

And everyone hated the idea as much as they hated Steam.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:54 pm

The Xbox One and why I'm buying it over the PS4 - Page 3 3dTLFp1

Not totally unbiased, but it seems pretty close.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:38 am

It does point out how the consoles are practically identical now. Even the policies of the two companies are get more alike with Microsoft saying Indies can now self publish on the Xbox One, just like they can on the PS4.

Honestly it's going to be a very interesting console generation this time, as their so close to one another they have to be a lot more ruthless when it comes to trying to look better than the other guy, which will benefit the consumer greatly.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:45 am

One thing that MAY be wrong, is the no analog video on the one. (first off, nobody gives a shit) and 2, the new 360s have a 3.5mm jack for analog video that I don't think many people knew existed, so it's possible the one has that as well.

Now the question becomes, if GTA5 is also coming out on the one, do I wait to get it on the one, or get it on the 360?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:43 am

If your going to wait for the GTA V Xbox One port, you'd probably have to wait a long while, or it might end up a buggy mess like the initial GTA IV PC Launch, or not get it at all like Red Dead.

It's up to you, but I'd honestly think the 360 version would be perfectly fine if you wanted to play through it.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:05 am

unlikely, since Rockstar would have been developing them side by side, not make one and then port it.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:05 pm

If the difference between releases is only a few weeks then i'd just get it on the One.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:12 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:If the difference between releases is only a few weeks then i'd just get it on the One.

I really doubt its going to be on any next-gen console at launch. Rockstar aren't really big on the whole porting idea. It might eventually be ported to PC like GTA IV was, but One and PS4 seems unlikely.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:57 pm

Vigil wrote:
Lord Pheonix wrote:If the difference between releases is only a few weeks then i'd just get it on the One.

I really doubt its going to be on any next-gen console at launch.  Rockstar aren't really big on the whole porting idea. It might eventually be ported to PC like GTA IV was, but One and PS4 seems unlikely.

that's working on the premise of it being a port, and not a native release.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:25 am

In all the interviews and talk about the game, they seem to make it pretty clear it's a native release for current-gen consoles and they haven't even talked about next-gen ones yet.

They did say the might do a PC port down the line.

If they are going to do a PS4/Xbox One version you probably won't hear about it until after the worldwide release of the current gen version.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:15 am

Spoiler:

Is XBL dropping the party system for Skype? And is Silver not going to be an option anymore? Otherwise that looks about right.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:33 am

From the limited information available, it's hard to say as the console doesn't come with a headset and they seem to be playing up using the Kinect 2.0's microphones to talk to people, so Skype may be their answer to it. Though you can also record twitch commentary wusing it, so I don't know whether that uses skype, or they have different systme similar to what they have now to do it.

PS4 uses the same headsets the PS3 has now.

No idea if Silver is gone, would of been better to buff that up to be more of a viable option for people, but never mind.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3