Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo 4

+13
Arty
A_Bearded_Swede
Dud Doodoo
Rasq'uire'laskar
Ringleader
Rotaretilbo
dragoon9105
Ascendant Justice
CivBase
Angatar
KristallNacht
Nocbl2
Vigil
17 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Halo 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Halo 4

Post by KristallNacht Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:01 pm

well....unfortunately little bit more powerful than core weapons' doesn't work. There would be no place for them. Why use them when a power weapon is just as common?

Basically your very stupid complaint about the weapons requires changing the whole game to 'fix'.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:38 pm

KristallNacht wrote:well....unfortunately little bit more powerful than core weapons' doesn't work. There would be no place for them. Why use them when a power weapon is just as common?
RL for the 27 quadrillionth time wrote:Actually, how about this, The Prometheans are uncommon and significantly harder enemies that drop OP weapons
They're uncommon, so thier guns are also uncommon, and harder to get/re-ammo. Do you, understand now?

Basically your very stupid complaint about the weapons requires changing the whole game to 'fix'.
Well, you're the one whose making a huge deal out of it, I just mentioned the increased firepower in passing, along with other, more significant ways to make their guns stand out.

It's not the idea itself that's stupid, it's your blatant and intentional misunderstanding of it. Who are you trying to fool by saying what I'm suggesting is to make all their guns like scarab guns? Who the fuck is going to fall for that exactly? Yourself?

And, could've swore I gave just a few ways you could balance the marginally more powerful Forerunner guns in game without really having to change anything else a few pages back, but I guess you must've forgot that. Ways like, limiting ammo, quicker weapon overheats, weapon scarcity, etc. Just a handful of ways, but take note of how no other weapon needed to be changed, nor does it require CHANGING THE WHOLE GAMEEE!!!1

And even if they did, so what? I'm suggesting they create unique weapons, which requires them to change something, right? So if that means 'changing da whole game' (and it doesn't), than sad day for them, I'm sure they can figure out how to use an Excel spreadsheet.

If you'll remember, my primary complaint was with the aesthetics of the game, ah, how the Promethean units kinda looked like poop? Also, how their guns had no stand out qualities aside from looking different from existing weapons. (excluding the scattershot) Remember that?

So then I gave just a few ideas as to what they could've done to differentiate them from previous weapons, again mostly aesthetic recommendations like changing the firing effect and projectile type so it's not all the same, and to beef up the firepower a little while also balancing the increased firepower with the some of same checks they put on the Rocket Launcher. Does any of this ring a bell? Or do I need to repeat myself a few more times. Just so it's absolutely clear, from henceforth, what I was suggesting is to make their guns a little more powerful, while having checks in place to make sure they aren't abused, but more importantly, I suggested they make the guns unique by varying the firing and projectile effects. Is this confusing to anyone here?
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Arty Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:47 pm

KristalllNacht, you really are going above and beyond in defending 343. There are really some good aspects of Halo 4, but the selection of weapons is not one of them.

The Covenant and Promethean weapons are basically their UNSC weapon counterparts with a new skin and some minor tweaks. There isn't an excuse for it when Bungie was able to create a much wider arsenal of weaons in previous games that all behaved differently. That is what RL is saying. Compared to what Bungie has done, 343 did an absolutely terrible job. Neither the gun forming in the hand or the fact that it disentigrates its target makes up for the fact that the light rifle headshots the same and has the same lame-ass 3 shot burst as the UNSC rifles.

I think you just love Halo 4 too much to admit the weapons are horrible. I admit, I enjoyed Halo 4, but not the selection of weapons.
Arty
Arty
Minion

Male Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:11 pm

Thank you Arty.

It sucks, because I actually like the MGS art style a lot, but not when it's put into Halo, I know it's not the same artist, but still!
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:23 pm

Ringleader wrote:
CivBase wrote:Why should Promethan weapons be more powerful again?
Because they're super advanced and self assemble-y.
How does that imply powerful?
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:56 pm

They built an array of Rings scattered throughout an entire galaxy that can destroy every single living being with the firing of said rings.

I think that imply's in itself that they should be able to figure out a gun that hurts more than our metal gunpowder slingshots.

Though for arguments sake their weapons could be the most powerful things in the world as well. Remember that the needler and the plasma pistols are practically one shot kills and will fuck up anybody they hit and take them out of the fight/melt their fucking face off. But for balance sake you need to put half a clip into them/charge it to full power just to kill them/take off their shields.

Gameplay and Story separation.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:00 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:They built an array of Rings scattered throughout an entire galaxy that can destroy every single living being with the firing of said rings.

I think that imply's in itself that they should be able to figure out a gun that hurts more than our metal gunpowder slingshots.
Not necessarily. The UNSC has MAC platforms, but that doesn't mean all their weapons should be super powerful.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:44 pm

and the covenant can glass entire planets.

The weapon selection is hardly a major issue. It's still more variation than just about every FPS out there (obviously not pain killer).

Making the Prometheans less common wouldn't even make sense within the context of the game, and would actually reduce the amount of variation.

By no means am I trying to defend 343, I just feel that the weapon selection as is is entirely a part of the process of making a FUN game.

And ring, in terms of the multiplayer there are only 2 levels of weapons: loadout weapons, and power weapons. Whether that's a good idea or not, its how the game is setup, and I'd rather the promethean weapons all fit into that model.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Arty Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:26 pm

CivBase wrote:
Not necessarily. The UNSC has MAC platforms, but that doesn't mean all their weapons should be super powerful.

The Forerunners probably could've built a weapon just like the rings that could fire gamma ray bursts that could incinerate anything instantly. It'd probably be more effective than a shotgun.

KristallNacht wrote:

The weapon selection is hardly a major issue. It's still more variation than just about every FPS out there (obviously not pain killer).

Yeah, but Halo 4 isn't being compared to other FPSs, its being compared to every other game in the Halo series. In no other Halo game would you find the weapons to be so similar.
Arty
Arty
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:59 pm

Arty wrote:
CivBase wrote:

The Forerunners probably could've built a weapon just like the rings that could fire gamma ray bursts that could incinerate anything instantly. It'd probably be more effective than a shotgun.
That doesn't mean EVERYONE has to have one, especially considering how the Promethean aren't actually forerunner.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:51 pm

On another note, the soundtrack sucks.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:28 am

Making the Prometheans less common wouldn't even make sense within the context of the game, and would actually reduce the amount of variation.
How? There'd be fewer of them, but more than enough to sample their entire arsenal...

Uh, who here is comparing it to every other FPS out there? Within the context of Halo, it's definately NOT more variation than the previous installments. While your at it, you can say it has a better story than Postal III, but what would be the point of making that comparison? Apples and oranges, or apples and dog turds.

CivBase wrote:
Lord Pheonix wrote:They built an array of Rings scattered throughout an entire galaxy that can destroy every single living being with the firing of said rings.

Well sure, it doesn't automatically mean their guns will be stronger, but it does suggest they have the technology to build more advanced weapons/more powerful weapons to blow up hordes of flood.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:48 am

Nocbl2 wrote:It really already is a power weapon with the damn charge thing. I've been OSK'd by that more than a few times.

They should also replace the storm rifle with the Halo 1 Plasma Rifle. I think it might work better.

No.

The storm rifle is an amazing weapon, you can kill people faster with it than any other loadout gun.

Storm Rifle + Magnum + Dexterity = Kills-Galore
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Arty Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:52 am

CivBase wrote:
Arty wrote:
CivBase wrote:

That doesn't mean EVERYONE has to have one, especially considering how the Promethean aren't actually forerunner.

Promethean Knights are AIs designed from either Promethean Warriors or humans that were composed and stuffed into machines. They did this so a warrior could fight the Flood without getting infected. So Promethean Knights are in no way going to have human weapons since those machines were designed and outfitted by Forerunners while humans at the time were using sticks and stones. I don't see how anyone could argue that the Knights in Halo 4 were using human weapons.

And the Forerunners were capable of fantastic feats. Knights could use slipspace. Their ships were giant and indestructible. They could send gamma rays across entire galaxies potent enough to destroy all life. But for all that, they couldn't advance past projectile weapons? That's just silly.

Like I said before, Halo 4 was good and all, but the weapon designs by 343 suck.

Last edited by Arty on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arty
Arty
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:53 am

Also keep in mind that ALL Covenant technology is just piss poor imitations of Forerunner technology. At the very least, I would expect the Forerunners to use plasma casters or similar energy weapons, since the Covenant very clearly didn't imitate projectile weapons into plasma casters. The Sentinel beam was the only Forerunner weapon we saw in the first Halo game, and it set a tone of highly efficient directed energy weapons.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:05 pm

Arty wrote:
CivBase wrote:
Arty wrote:
CivBase wrote:

Promethean Knights are AIs designed from either Promethean Warriors or humans that were composed and stuffed into machines. They did this so a warrior could fight the Flood without getting infected. So Promethean Knights are in no way going to have human weapons since those machines were designed and outfitted by Forerunners and humans at the time were using sticks and stones. I don't see how anyone could argue that the Knights in Halo 4 were using human weapons.

And the Forerunners were capable of fantastic feats. Knights could use slipspace. Their ships were giant and indestructible. They could send gamma rays across entire galaxies potent enough to destroy all life. But for all that, they couldn't advance past projectile weapons? That's just silly.

Like I said before, Halo 4 was good and all, but the weapon designs by 343 suck.

Remember the part where the Prometheans were composed humans?

Yeah.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:36 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:Also keep in mind that ALL Covenant technology is just piss poor imitations of Forerunner technology. At the very least, I would expect the Forerunners to use plasma casters or similar energy weapons, since the Covenant very clearly didn't imitate projectile weapons into plasma casters. The Sentinel beam was the only Forerunner weapon we saw in the first Halo game, and it set a tone of highly efficient directed energy weapons.

BUT, we also have no real idea of the origin of promethean weapons.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Arty Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:18 pm

Nocbl2 wrote:Remember the part where the Prometheans were composed humans?

Yeah.

I'm pretty sure I addressed that part in my post. Sad

Elaborate please.
Arty
Arty
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:28 pm

I think he's insinuating that the weapons are from early human origin.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:35 pm

I really don't think this is a big deal, guys.

Humans are still using pump-action shotguns and warthogs. Halo's weapon cannon isn't exactly logical to begin with.

I'm much more concerned with the enjoyment of Promethean weapons - not their cannon.

Last edited by CivBase on Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:15 pm

prometheans have a cannon?
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:25 pm

KrAzY wrote:prometheans have a cannon?

Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:02 pm

.....I can never remember which spelling is which.....
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:57 am

KrAzY wrote:prometheans have a cannon?
Halo 4 - Page 4 Halo-4-Incineration-Cannon

INCINERASHUN CANNO-
EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:51 pm

So, Some news, I got Halo 4 and played multiplayer for a couple of hours, Only two real complaints, The Warthog sound effect, and well the options for control, Why in gods name they put the Sprint Key as X for the recon controls is beyond me, and honestly its making me wish that they just let people remap the damn controls at this point so i change it back to the way it was in halo 3.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum: