Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rome 2: Total War

+14
Kasrkin Seath
Lord Pheonix
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rotaretilbo
Ascendant Justice
laxspartan007
Nocbl2
A_Bearded_Swede
Ruski
Elabajaba
Onyxknight
Gauz
Dud Doodoo
Angatar
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Rome 2: Total War - Page 3 Empty Re: Rome 2: Total War

Post by Kasrkin Seath Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:30 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Also, Extra History released another episode today/yesterday. It was awesome. Very Happy
YUS! Let me go get my breakfast cereal, this shit is like morning cartoons to me. I wish all of history was chronicled in such a fashion so that I could learn about all of it.
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:03 pm

Oh, something else worth mentioning is that the Greek City States DLC pack is not the only faction dlc pack that CA plans on releasing. According to what I read, there are at least 2 more "packs" coming out in the following months.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:31 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:Tried to tell you Rot that you were reading it wrong lol.
I was reading Mr.Inferior of the two Admins's arguments wrong. Your arguments were still poorly contrived strawmen and unfounded anger.

Kasrkin Seath wrote:YUS! Let me go get my breakfast cereal, this shit is like morning cartoons to me. I wish all of history was chronicled in such a fashion so that I could learn about all of it.
I know, right? I was so excited when I found out that Daniel Floyd had been picked up by Escapist and later Penny Arcade to continue his awesome videos in the form of Extra Credits, and then he started the Extra History mini series on CA's dime, and it was like "one of my favorite speakers now lectures on two of my favorite subjects? AWESOME!"

Ascendant Justice wrote:Oh, something else worth mentioning is that the Greek City States DLC pack is not the only faction dlc pack that CA plans on releasing.  According to what I read, there are at least 2 more "packs" coming out in the following months.
Nor is Pontus to be the only free DLC faction to be released. I believe they've already announced the Seleucids to be another free DLC faction.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:10 pm

Seleucids are coming some time in October I heard. I seriously hope that they nerf Rome somehow in the coming patches. Cause Praetorians are so ridiculously OP its not even funny. And yknow what? I haven't even got Praetorian GUARDS yet either lol.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:40 am

Thats to help new players to the total war series form this:
Rome 2: Total War - Page 3 Rome-empire-trajan-01
Similar to how the HRE was ridiculously overpowered in Medieval 2 (literally you don't even have to try)
I'm sure when enough people complain they will rebalance the units if they weren't planning to already.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:42 am

Started new campaign as Egypt, right off the bat the Seulicid empire and about 8 other misc. factions declare war on me. Like fml.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:22 pm

Has anyone finished a full campaign yet and for which victory condition(Economic,military, culture)? I started my main campaign as Iceni when the game came out and tried to do the economic conditions which for the most part are easy, banking 500,000 Talents? Simple. Getting 80,000 talents per turn income is not easy at all. So I kinda gave up on that and decided to go with conquest as my mode of victory. I got around 65 regions and 215 units that im putting to work.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:52 am

Tip: Just jack up the faction wide tax rate to the highest setting and wait 1 turn. Boom victory.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:19 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:Tip:  Just jack up the faction wide tax rate to the highest setting and wait 1 turn.  Boom victory.
Shit that's a great idea, I still need to acquire some more regions and then reduce my military for that to work. In my campaign as Iceni, which I started when Rome 2 first came out the AI hasn't used armies beyond the basic tier 1 units for their faction. There's been very few exceptions to that, Rome had some advanced units sprinkled around but way to many of the other factions do not. It kinda ruins the challenge
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:06 am

It's on sale on Steam. Worth?
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by laxspartan007 Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:24 pm

if you can run it, its 50% off, wont see that price for a long time...
laxspartan007
laxspartan007
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:57 pm

Have any of you played Caesar in Gaul? Its pretty fun, The yeas are split into 6-8 turns. I cant remember exactly how many turns is in a year but anyways i enjoy that a lot, it means i can keep my agents for longer.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by laxspartan007 Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:20 pm

from Caesar in Gaul steam page:

"24 turns per year:

As Caesar in Gaul deals with a considerably shorter time-span (58-51BC) than the grand sweep of the ROME II campaign, each turn represents two weeks rather than a year. This means seasons make a return."
laxspartan007
laxspartan007
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:49 pm

Let me give you a quick review:  

Campaign map is overall smaller, but more detailed.  

Seasons are cool but because of the more turns per year thing, Agents will become near untouchable/unstoppable by the ripe age of 25.

The new units/factions added to both the grand campaign and CiG are nice, but they are basically reskins with a few different stats and start locations, which are arguably more challenging (Im looking at you Galatia and Boii).

Research system has been changed.  Civil techs are now purchased over a 1 turn time span with a steadily increasing cost for the higher up techs.  Military are still turn based.

AI is waaaayyyyy to fucking passive.  I literally have been picking every single fight, on MY terms so victory is always ensured.  

Civil war/"Roman Intervention Forces" hasn't occurred yet despite being at max imperium for some reason.  Would be nice cause Im face rolling everything else.  

Added a "levy troops from client states" thing to both campaigns.  Basically if you move through the lands of a client state, you can recruit some of the units that they have available.  Think of it as instant mercenaries that don't cost an arm, leg, and kidney per turn for upkeep.

Overall Id say its worth it.  Havent started a new campaign in it yet since Patch 8.1 which is supposed to make the AI's much more aggressive.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by JumpingJet Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:08 pm

Just bought it during the steam summer sale @50% off.

At patch 12 it's playable now without too many of the release bugs. Still not worth the £30 price mark but definitely worth the 50% off tag.

Grab it while you can Smile
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3