Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

+25
Dud Doodoo
Barbbachello
Yam Head
RX
Gauz
Felix
Rotaretilbo
Onyxknight
tiny tim
Angatar
Vtrooper
Vigil
BBJynne
A_Bearded_Swede
Lord Pheonix
Rasq'uire'laskar
Gold Spartan
TNine
Nocbl2
KristallNacht
Divine Virus
Death no More
dragoon9105
Ringleader
CivBase
29 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary - Page 9 Empty Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by KrAzY Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:16 pm

we are waiting and seeing.

the only thing we have said is that evidance of one thing is not evidance of a different thing. Never did we say anything bad about the game or the company.
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary - Page 9 Empty Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:24 pm

Well, I've said bad things about the company, but only in regards to past projects, like Halo Legends. I've not said Halo 4 will be bad, though I have expressed my distaste in seeing John-117 as the protagonist of another arc.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:14 am

I'm saying Halo 4 is gonna be bad, just cause I can see that being more likely.

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:19 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:Well, I've said bad things about the company, but only in regards to past projects, like Halo Legends. I've not said Halo 4 will be bad, though I have expressed my distaste in seeing John-117 as the protagonist of another arc.
So, as far as gameplay goes, what would you like to see in Halo 4?
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:27 pm

Refinement of the current Halo formula with well thought out additions to it to improve the experience for the average consumer, as well as an in-depth and engaging story(which doesn't destroy current canon) wrapped up inside a fun-to-play campaign.

At least, that is what I want.
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:41 pm

They should add iron sights. Not to mention make it look more realistic, duh.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:36 pm

There is iron sights, on the shotgun, SMG and magnum in some cases, all weapons which probably don't need them considering how two of the three are used and one isn't used at all. Razz
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:02 pm

Kasrkin Seath wrote:Refinement of the current Halo formula with well thought out additions to it to improve the experience for the average consumer, as well as an in-depth and engaging story(which doesn't destroy current canon) wrapped up inside a fun-to-play campaign.

At least, that is what I want.
Way to go, Seath! I didn't even think it was possible to say absolutely nothing in 40 words, but you proved me wrong!

Personally, I'd like to see them experiment with equipment again, try and get it integrated in a better way than Halo 3 did. My suggestion would be to allow us to carry a number of the same item; if I could have carried two bubble shields, or three deployable shields, or four gravity lifts in Halo 3, I would have used them a lot more. Instead, the "One use only" aspect triggered the hoarding instinct in my mind.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:09 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:So, as far as gameplay goes, what would you like to see in Halo 4?

As far as gameplay goes, I'd like to see much of the same that we saw in Reach. But more importantly, I want to see an engaging story that doesn't absolutely wreck the existing canon.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:12 pm

Well if MC is all alone without any UNSC and no other human forces there isn't a lot of ways to mess up canon unless he lands on a Forerunner world and the writers just squat over and shit all over their story (which I think is reserved for the book anyway)
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:00 pm

imo it's already at a disadvantage of being 'engaging' if you're gonna play the same character you did in the past 3 games (original trilogy).

I do think it'll be interesting though, since they'll have to make a new, hopefully unique, enemy to fight.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:15 pm

Also if the Covenant aren't in the game then its an entirely new set of weaponry aside from the human arsenal.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:02 am

but why not use the super amazing reach engine?!?!!?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:14 pm

Bought this game for myself a few days ago. And i must say, for nostalgia this is def worth the $40 (i spent $30 but whatevs).

The actual HD reskin is done legit and the redone sound is orgasmic.

oh did i mention the terminals? whwiohafonegoghosignanfdjoksa awesome!

343 Done good on this. =)
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:20 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:Also if the Covenant aren't in the game then its an entirely new set of weaponry aside from the human arsenal.

Weapons of Halo 4:

> Assault Rifle
> Pistol (with grenade launcher attachment)
> Any Human Weapons that can be Salvaged from the Ship
> and... the Sentinel Beam. Lots and lots of Sentinel Beams
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:36 pm

Well the Covenant weapons were reverse engineered from Forerunner tech, so their should be forerunner weaponry that Master Chief has no idea how to use but the ability to wield them perfectly.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:32 am

don't forget the hidden 11th terminal and the few hundred thousand credits that come with it
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:41 am

I haven't played a Halo game since ODST
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:25 pm

Spekwyse wrote:oh did i mention the terminals? whwiohafonegoghosignanfdjoksa awesome!
I love the one on "Keyes".
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:36 pm

Divine Virus wrote:
Spekwyse wrote:oh did i mention the terminals? whwiohafonegoghosignanfdjoksa awesome!
I love the one on "Keyes".

Very faithful to the source material there. I was pleased.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:47 pm

Vigil wrote:Very faithful to the source material there. I was pleased.
Yeah, as soon as I started to hear the dialogue I was like, "Oh I remember this!"

Which made it that much better.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:36 pm

A blast from the past. I did and do this a lot in all the Halo games. Spent countless hours doing this kind of thing with friends and family.
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:19 am

Lord Pheonix wrote:I haven't played a Halo game since ODST

I have since played Reach and Halo 4.

Meh.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:45 am

I liked Reach a lot, but I still think ODST is the better game honestly.

I've played about 2 hours of Halo 4 multiplayer. It wasn't very impressive, as with the increase in movement speed, they didn't change the size of the maps to compensate, so smaller maps quickly become a clusterfuck.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:33 am

Vigil wrote:I liked Reach a lot, but I still think ODST is the better game honestly.

I didn't like Reach personally. Aside from pretty significant canon changes, the game play tried to adapt Halo to the "modern era" of gaming,  but I feel like it hurt the game. Loadouts changed the entire dynamic of MP (this extends past Reach) where instead of map control being necessary and determining weapon loadouts, you now had presets that varied. Granted, it was cool and could be balanced, but Halo 4 went too Call of Duty.

Edit: I really liked ODST too. It definitely is the better game. The only thing it lacked was MP, which could have been cool.

I've played about 2 hours of Halo 4 multiplayer. It wasn't very impressive, as with the increase in movement speed, they didn't change the size of the maps to compensate, so smaller maps quickly become a clusterfuck.

I agree. There were only a few things that I quite liked from Halo 4 overall. One being the implementation of an LMG, which I had always thought Halo lacked, visually it was great, and the audio was good (soundtrack was a departure from other Halo games, but it seemed like it could eventually develop into something quite good as the new trilogy progressed).
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum