Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Age 3

+7
Kasrkin Seath
Ringleader
KristallNacht
PiEdude
Lord Pheonix
Divine Virus
Vigil
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dragon Age 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragon Age 3

Post by Lord Pheonix Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:49 pm

They can go fuck themselves then.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:48 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:Didn't they confirm that hawke and the Warden both will not be playable in 3?

They alluded to it with that ending, but I don't think they ever confirmed it.

Besides given how poorly Dragon Age II was received, especially in terms of it's plot and characters I'm pretty sure they probably changed their original plans significantly by now.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:21 pm

the plot wasn't bad, it was just too much like episodes of a season without a finale.

and the characters were hardly bad. The biggest issues was how the locations recurred over and over, but then on further inspection, that wasn't much better in DA:O in the first place.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:24 am

KristallNacht wrote:the plot wasn't bad, it was just too much like episodes of a season without a finale.

and the characters were hardly bad. The biggest issues was how the locations recurred over and over, but then on further inspection, that wasn't much better in DA:O in the first place.

Anders has the biggest character flip between Dragon Age: Awakening and Dragon Age II it's virtually unrecognisable as the same character.

The game is very adamant about picking a side, be it mages or templars and throughout the course of the game you see a lot of terrible actions committed by both sides. Then the during the finale your choices get the fuck you as the endgame is exactly the same either way.

If you pick mages they suddenly for no reason resort to blood magic and try to kill you after helping them, then you fight the Templar bitch. If you go Templar you kill the mages the exact same way and then you fight the Templar bitch because she's a nutcase and thinks you're a traitor.

None of your previous decisions matter and in the end both sides are completely unlike able and massive hypocrites. They dump tragedy after tragedy on Hawke (Prologue: Brother/Sister dies, End of Act 1: Sister/Brother dies or is sent to the Mages/Templars, End of Act 2: Hawke's mother is killed by a rogue mage.) and none of this seems to effect him after the opening of the following act and the occasional piece of dialogue.

The second act is probably the strongest in that game mainly because the Quanri are the most interesting race in that game and their motivations are the most cryptic and make the most sense out of any faction in that game.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:03 am

Me and the Arishok are bro's considering i agree that everyone in Kirkwall is fucking Retarded. Razz
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:23 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:Me and the Arishok are bro's considering i agree that everyone in Kirkwall is fucking Retarded. Razz

Which is why he's my favourite character in that game.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2