How to Train Your Dragon

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty How to Train Your Dragon

Post by Gauz on Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:15 pm

How to Train Your Dragon 338883_1262164185247_312_327

It's so cute!

The movie was good, any of you seen it?
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by Ringleader on Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:24 pm

It was good/alright.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by PiEdude on Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:26 pm

Haven't seen it yet.

Considering Ringleader's taste/general opinions on movies, it sounds really great.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by KrAzY on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:19 pm

i'm going on saturday, the animation in it looks good, voice acting of the lead character bugs me though
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by Ringleader on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:25 pm

Yeah, the lead character was one of the discrepancies I had. Annoying teenage nerd, in the ads, when the fireball hits his door when he closes it, he says dragons like "draahggehnshh", like some nerdy/sinus-y teenager, for no reason...

And he explains things annoyingly, like how we would if we went back in time and somehow became a Viking, for no reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88x08ePynt0&feature=related

And when she 'busts' them, he says "DUH DUH DAAAH, were dead." Like a kid...

All of the dragons looked, not like dragons, and not at all like they were well designed, except for night fury, it just seemed like an overlooked design flaw, how they all looked so absurdly different from each other. I thought the movie was still good, even though it is not revolutionary or anything.

Also, The Hangover sucked, so...
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by Divine Virus on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:49 pm

I still do want to see it. In Imax 3D. I do enjoy the animated movies. Smile
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 29
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:20 pm

Meh.
Just didn't seem like my kind of thing... Might rent it when it comes out on DVD...

I loved WALL-E, by the way... Haven't seen Up.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by Ukurse on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:36 am

I find Pixar movies are a pretty decent, and are always worth atleast an hour or two of you time.
This isn't made by Pixar, but it looks (As far as I can tell) quite similar to movies they would do.

I won't watch movie at the cinemas, but in a few years I might watches it if it is on TV.
If I was given free tickets, obviously I would go, but I don't have free tickets...
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Age : 25
Location : Auckland, New Zealand
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by PiEdude on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:12 am

Ringleader wrote:Yeah, the lead character was one of the discrepancies I had. Annoying teenage nerd, in the ads, when the fireball hits his door when he closes it, he says dragons like "draahggehnshh", like some nerdy/sinus-y teenager, for no reason...

And he explains things annoyingly, like how we would if we went back in time and somehow became a Viking, for no reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88x08ePynt0&feature=related

And when she 'busts' them, he says "DUH DUH DAAAH, were dead." Like a kid...

All of the dragons looked, not like dragons, and not at all like they were well designed, except for night fury, it just seemed like an overlooked design flaw, how they all looked so absurdly different from each other. I thought the movie was still good, even though it is not revolutionary or anything.

Also, The Hangover sucked, so...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You're opinion is invalid because of this statement.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by TNine on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:55 am

PiEdude wrote:
Ringleader wrote:Yeah, the lead character was one of the discrepancies I had. Annoying teenage nerd, in the ads, when the fireball hits his door when he closes it, he says dragons like "draahggehnshh", like some nerdy/sinus-y teenager, for no reason...

And he explains things annoyingly, like how we would if we went back in time and somehow became a Viking, for no reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88x08ePynt0&feature=related

And when she 'busts' them, he says "DUH DUH DAAAH, were dead." Like a kid...

All of the dragons looked, not like dragons, and not at all like they were well designed, except for night fury, it just seemed like an overlooked design flaw, how they all looked so absurdly different from each other. I thought the movie was still good, even though it is not revolutionary or anything.

Also, The Hangover sucked, so...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You're opinion is invalid because of this statement.
As much as i hate to agree with Pie, i agree with Pie.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Age : 24
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by Gauz on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:09 am

The main character probably has childish dialogue because....


He is one...
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by Yam Head on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:18 pm

The lack of Dragonite makes me sad
Yam Head
Yam Head
Minion

Male Number of posts : 730
Age : 26
Location : Super Jail!!O@!(@!
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by Felix on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:24 pm

Sorry late with reply, but it was a good movie. A friend of mine who hates anything animated even said it was good.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Age : 27
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by Gold Spartan on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:31 pm

Ring, maybe he sounded like a nerdy teen because, he, *gasps* WAS?
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Age : 24
Location : Kentucky, where else?
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by CivBase on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:42 pm

I've been told it was a great movie... but I'm a little skeptical just because of the fact that it's a children's story.

_________________
How to Train Your Dragon Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by Gold Spartan on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:45 pm

CivBase wrote:I've been told it was a great movie... but I'm a little skeptical just because of the fact that it's a children's story.
It's suprisingly good for a movie directed at kids.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Age : 24
Location : Kentucky, where else?
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by Ringleader on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:23 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:Ring, maybe he sounded like a nerdy teen because, he, *gasps* WAS?

Ok?

when did I ever question what he was? I knew he is a nerdy teen, that's basically all I wrote about, surprisingly they don't make for very likable actors, my actual point if you had the capacity to understand it/ respond in a meaningful manner.



I basically said- "The main character is a nerdy, annoying teen, and I didn't like that."

Your response- "He was a nerdy teen because he was a nerdy teen!"


Yeah, way to analyze that Freud...


Last edited by Ringleader on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by Ringleader on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:28 pm

I liked the movie by the way, 7.5 to 8 out of 10.

(for what it was)
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:24 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:
CivBase wrote:I've been told it was a great movie... but I'm a little skeptical just because of the fact that it's a children's story.
It's suprisingly good for a movie directed at kids.
Quite a few movies are "Surprisingly good for a movie directed at kids."
All Dogs go to Heaven, Toy Story, The Incredibles, Chicken Run, Shrek...
What made this one special?
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 29
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by TNine on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:04 am

Ringleader wrote:
Gold Spartan5 wrote:Ring, maybe he sounded like a nerdy teen because, he, *gasps* WAS?

Ok?

when did I ever question what he was? I knew he is a nerdy teen, that's basically all I wrote about, surprisingly they don't make for very likable actors, my actual point if you had the capacity to understand it/ respond in a meaningful manner.



I basically said- "The main character is a nerdy, annoying teen, and I didn't like that."

Your response- "He was a nerdy teen because he was a nerdy teen!"


Yeah, way to analyze that Freud...
Ringleader wrote:Yeah, the lead character was one of the discrepancies I had. Annoying teenage nerd, in the ads, when the fireball hits his door when he closes it, he says dragons like "draahggehnshh", like some nerdy/sinus-y teenager, for no reason...

And he explains things annoyingly, like how we would if we went back in time and somehow became a Viking, for no reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88x08ePynt0&feature=related

And when she 'busts' them, he says "DUH DUH DAAAH, were dead." Like a kid...

All of the dragons looked, not like dragons, and not at all like they were well designed, except for night fury, it just seemed like an overlooked design flaw, how they all looked so absurdly different from each other. I thought the movie was still good, even though it is not revolutionary or anything.

Also, The Hangover sucked, so...
You keep on saying "like a kid" (or something like that), implying that you thought that he wasn't.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Age : 24
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by Gauz on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:19 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Gold Spartan5 wrote:
CivBase wrote:I've been told it was a great movie... but I'm a little skeptical just because of the fact that it's a children's story.
It's suprisingly good for a movie directed at kids.
Quite a few movies are "Surprisingly good for a movie directed at kids."
All Dogs go to Heaven, Toy Story, The Incredibles, Chicken Run, Shrek...
What made this one special?
It's better than those movies.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by KristallNacht on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:10 pm

ntm Finding Nemo, Monsters Vs Aliens, Cars

basically the 'movies directed at kids' have a history of being exceptionally good as compared to every other genre.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by A_Bearded_Swede on Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:07 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:Meh.
Just didn't seem like my kind of thing... Might rent it when it comes out on DVD...

I loved WALL-E, by the way... Haven't seen Up.

I've recently seen Up.

The story was surprisingly good even by Pixar's standards. I actually found myself being quite attached to the characters.

_________________
How to Train Your Dragon Skyrimr

How to Train Your Dragon Ironmanl
.:Live Life, Love Life:.
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Age : 27
Location : Jersey
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by MrX on Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:03 pm

ITS A FUCKING MOVIE DEVELOPED FOR 5-8 YEAROLDS WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU DISAPPOINTED IF IT 'SUCKED'... americans...
MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Location : broadmore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by PiEdude on Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:11 pm

The Pariah wrote:ITS A FUCKING MOVIE DEVELOPED FOR 5-8 YEAROLDS WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU DISAPPOINTED IF IT 'SUCKED'... americans...

MANY PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD HAVE PRAISED IT SO FAR AS WELL WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT THE ONES WHO DISAGREE?
Brits...
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

How to Train Your Dragon Empty Re: How to Train Your Dragon

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum