Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming Wishes for 2011

+21
A_Bearded_Swede
Lord Pheonix
Vtrooper
Ascendant Justice
Angatar
Gauz
Ringleader
Ruski
KristallNacht
BBJynne
Nocbl2
Ukurse
Kasrkin Seath
KrAzY
PiEdude
Dud Doodoo
Maeve
Rasq'uire'laskar
Gold Spartan
Carlos Spicyweiner
Vigil
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gaming Wishes for 2011 Empty Gaming Wishes for 2011

Post by Vigil Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:47 am

Now that we are staring into the dark void of no game releases for the next couple of weeks, I felt like pondering what things and features you guys would like to see more (or less of) in video games this year. I'll start this off with a few of mine.

1. Please for the love of god, please cut down the amount of games this years with zombies in them. Sure they a fun generic enemy, but after the insane amount of games last year that featured them in some form, I think we all need a break from the brain muchers this year.

2. Please more new IP's this year.
2010 was filled with sequels though there were a few standout new IP's like Alan Wake and Enslaved. I'd like to see more big developers take a bold step out of their comfort zones and try something different.

3. If you make DLC for your game, and have new achievements for it, don't allow it to go on the marketplace until the achievements are up on the xbox servers. It makes all the grinding worthless when you realise that they don't count, and you have to recover your gamertag and do them all over again. Same thing for broken achievement too.

Here's a few to get you started, now tell me your gaming wishes!
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Gaming Wishes for 2011 Empty Re: Gaming Wishes for 2011

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:13 am

My gaming wish is for Mass Effect 3 to actually master resource gathering (if there is any in it). I almost wanted to kill myself from boredom going from system to system and scanning each planet for 2 minutes. Also I wish they would give back some of the customization from Mass Effect 1 in terms of inventory.

I'll agree with that zombies thing. There were too many zombie games last year. The only one I'm buying this year is Dead Space 2.

And this may sound a bit drastic, but how about announcing some plans for new systems? Personally, I've had a 360 since it came out. I kinda want something else on my bookshelf next to my TV that isn't a big black plastic box. I'm not saying that it needs to come out this year or even next year, but plans for the next generation of consoles would be nice to hear. I mainly talked about the 360 here because Microsoft's current gen console came out first, so I'm sort of expecting them to release theirs first since they've had about 6 years to plan out their next gen console.
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Male Number of posts : 803
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:37 am

My main problem with the transition to the next gen of consoles is unlike any previous generation, we have access to a huge library of games within XBLM and all the games downloaded onto the system.

If we move to the next console, they'd better let you transfer all that content to the next gen, or else you'd be buying the same catalogue all over again.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:13 am

I will have to agree on more customization in ME3, but not near what ME1's was. I don't want 100 of the same weapon with slightly better or worse stats.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:44 am

I don't know.

I wish for a new IP to catch my interest the same way Halo did. I'm not leaving Halo, not for a while, but I still want to branch out.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeve Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:24 am

PORTAL 2!!!!!!!!!!!
Maeve
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Female Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:41 am

I concur with the announcement of the next gen. Despite the fact that gaming technology should be progressing at a faster rate, this generation has gone on extremely long.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:46 am

Well, personally I'd like to see 3D gaming being utilized more, and for the Kinect to-

lol, just kidding Razz

Mass Effect 3 to be epic beyond comprehension, and a sequel to be announced for Alan Wake.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:48 am

Dud Doodoo wrote:I concur with the announcement of the next gen. Despite the fact that gaming technology should be progressing at a faster rate, this generation has gone on extremely long.

I'm not gonna lie, I disagree.

The sooner the next gen consoles get announced, the sooner I have to buy them.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:56 am

especially since this current gen, unlike other generations of consoles, has the ability to be upgraded. no need to spend 400 dollars on a new one any time soon
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:07 am

I want Doom IV
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:17 am

All I want is for Skyrim and Portal 2 to be amazing, And for there not to be another CoD game released for atleast a year...

I couldn't care less about weather or not there are more new IPs because I'm not going to waste me money buying them no matter how good they are, unless it is made by like a good company like Valve. Buying games from new IPs is generally a major rip off, no matter how good they are reviewed/rated or advertised.
If it was good there will be a sequel.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:09 pm

But Ukurse, most companies will just keep going with 10 gazillion sequels that don't change anything. Reach and ODST really didn't NEED to happen with Halo. If a game actually NEEDS a sequel, such as Mass Effect, then there will be a sequel.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:19 pm

A trash collection simulator.

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:25 pm

Vigil wrote:Now that we are staring into the dark void of no game releases for the next couple of weeks

what?

LPB2
Killzone 3
Homefront
Deadspace 2

plenty of games are going out in the next couple of weeks...it was december that had no releases.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:31 pm

I believe I heard both Microsoft and Sony stating that their current systems would be 10-year consoles. We have a few more years if they hold true to that, but I really don't think they should announce a new console now.

On a side-note, does anyone know why you can't play original xbox games while still being in parties with friends or on Xbox Live for that matter? I mean, if they can, then it would be an amazing thing...especially for people who bought Xbox originals from the actual marketplace.
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:24 pm

Homeworld 3, it's been a really long time, but I'm sure they've been working on it in secret. Hopefully they've been working on it in secret, but the thing I'd like most would be to pilot the ships around, dogfight and whatnot.

Mass Effect 3, needs to be a medley of ME1 and ME2 with some spare chop:

The resource gathering system should be like, you scan a few planets (seriously, by now most explored planets have probably been mined out), and they would yield only a tiny bit of eezo just from wrecked or scuttled ships. And you could use the eezo for Normandy upgrades.

This in conjunction with landing on planets and tagging the resource sites similar to ME1, but by the time ME3 comes around, they could populate the maps to make them a little more interesting and varied, buildings or trees or SOMETHING. They might actually make resource gathering on the planet like a side mission, because they could put down more thresher maws or other hazards.

Post Processing options.

I think it would be pretty cool if you could at least sell resources (for cheap, and buy them for inflated prices).

Depending on whether or not you made your Shepard an asshole, you might also do some pirating on the side. I don't think ME3 will rely a whole lot on resource gathering though, but still they should spice things up.

Thermal Clips - Luxury item that makes the game a whole lot easier, your guns will still cool off like in ME1 (maybe a little slower), but you can eject a thermal clip and they'd instantly cool down. If your guns overheat, I think it would be cool if they popped open like a flower to cool down faster.

No more fuel for the Normandy 2.

Streamlined ME1 economy, you can still buy and sell stuff, you just don't end up with piles of useless junk at the end, ESPECIALLY for repeat playthroughs. The point is that it's not like the ME2 kiosk system where you buy a few things ONCE, and that's it. It was kind of boring just going to the scattered about kiosks to buy the different upgrades, like it was a mini quest.

You should still be able to upgrade things like in ME2, but not EVERYTHING, like some stuff you should have to buy, and others would require you to mine planets and upgrade on the Normandy 2, especially mission specific upgrades that you really wouldn't find in a store.

Weapon attachments, in addition to weapon upgrades, you could also put different scopes or sights on them, grenade launcher or something. Weapon upgrades (scram rail, frictionless materials) could be applied only on the Normandy lab while attachments could be added on the fly.

Upgrades for the Mako, or maybe even other vehicles to purchase or earn/find/steal.

Maybe like a simulator on the Normandy 2, like you sit in a console and you can set how many enemies you want to fight and what type, almost like firefight, but you can change the conditions of the game, maybe even to test out weapons, vehicles and upgrades before actual combat.

For larger battles, controlling more then 2 squad mates (this is what they should have done for the end battle of ME2). Also being able to issue more complex orders to them, kinda like Dragon Age, but not like Dragon Age. Maybe even just selecting one squadmate.

Cerberus Network carrying over into ME3 (seriously, I don't want to buy more DLC so soon).

If not this, then maybe a firing range. I'm just tired of not being able to whip my gun out and shoot it in crowded public areas.

More grandiose vistas, like going outside on the citadel and seeing it in different parts of the day, seeing the Destiny Ascension, a ship you may or may not have saved, but still don't get to see again.

ME1 Cover system, not space GOW.

Weapons sounding like weapons, in ME2 they just sounded like toys, and in ME1, they sounded like... weird. Maybe like the ME1 sounds but deeper.

Sound options to tweak things how you'd like them. More then just music, voice and weapons.

Solar Systems making physical sense, ie, rocky planets closer to the star then the gaseous ones.

Way more armor variants, like in ME1, but customizable like in ME2. Upgradeable like in ME1 too. Maybe even armor abilities, sprint or cloak.

Grenades.

Hanar Spectres
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:05 pm

Greater variation in side quests in ME3 compared to ME2

I'd also like to see more deals on XBLM, because there is a lot of good stuff on there, and a little incentive is all I need to start spending a bit more.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:22 pm

YouCurse wrote:All I want is for Skyrim and Portal 2 to be amazing, And for there not to be another CoD game released for atleast a year...
Skyrim and portal 2 are the only games that catch my eye right now. Right now, those are the only games I plan on buying this year. However, I did buy the limited edition of Medal of Honor (no, it wasn't worth it) so I get to play an early Battlefield 3 beta or something.

So I guess i'm looking forward to that, slightly.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:26 pm

Im okay with how weapons sounded in ME1 and 2... and from my experience guns make higher pitched noises, not deep bass-ee ones
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:02 pm

And to my understanding, the 'bullets' are just sand grain sized magnetic pellets, so theres no explosion to make a deep boom anyway.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:23 pm

So, it wouldn't sound like anything? Why would it overheat if it was shooting tiny little pellets magnetically?

Or are all the weapons gauss guns? I don't think a magnetically accelerated grain of sand sized pellet would make a whole lot of noise. My point is that the changed the sound from ME1 to ME2, and it wasn't really that great of an alteration.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:05 pm

My wish for this year is that nobody releases a sequal that completely butchers the entire series.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:09 pm

Ringleader wrote:So, it wouldn't sound like anything? Why would it overheat if it was shooting tiny little pellets magnetically?
Because of the forces at work. Nothing is 100% efficient.

Ringleader wrote:
Or are all the weapons gauss guns? I don't think a magnetically accelerated grain of sand sized pellet would make a whole lot of noise.
A Gauss gun IS magnetic. It would make noise for a few different reasons, such as it moving very quickly and colliding with air particles.

Ringleader wrote:
My point is that the changed the sound from ME1 to ME2, and it wasn't really that great of an alteration.
Personally, I didn't really care, but it is a matter of opinion.
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:21 pm

Relic to make a Company of Heroes 2 that is either in A: The Pacific or B: Modern Warfare

Honestly i want to see a new game with Super Soldiers in them, Bungie Willing...

and a new Ace Combat game, Sky's have been filled with HAWX for to damn long

and for Fucks sake RELEASE TOR!
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down