Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

zombie invasion?

+20
CivBase
Ruski
Gauz
tiny tim
JumpingJet
PiEdude
Rasq'uire'laskar
KristallNacht
Dud Doodoo
TNine
Gold Spartan
Zaki90
BBJynne
Divine Virus
Rotaretilbo
laxspartan007
Vigil
Death no More
KrAzY
GreyApothecary
24 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

zombie invasion? - Page 3 Empty Re: zombie invasion?

Post by KrAzY Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:08 pm

I would like to point out that the ability to differentiate food from not food IS a higher brain function

zombies SHOULD be either eating other zombies, or eating other things that are MUCH EASIER to eat... like loafs of bread, and plants... you know, pretty much anything that isn't fighting back with a club, knife, or projectile weapon.

People aren't munchable treats that people make them out to be, once free reign on killing zombies is issued, all zombies will die, this will likely happen sooner, rather than later.

also, are we talking about viral zombies or undead zombies here? because if it is viral zombies, a shot to the heart is just as much lethal as a shot to the brain, since the brain can not function without blood

undead zombies technically can't die, but also can not exsist
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:18 pm

I have an interesting argument for you, KrAzY. I think we can all agree that a virus as sophisticated as what we're discussion would not naturally occur in an instant. That said, this virus would have to be manufactured, more than likely as a bio-weapon. If Canada has an actual national zombie plan, I think it's safe to say that some government somewhere is willing to look into the idea of a zombie bio-weapon.

This virus would be designed. Considering the understanding of human biology necessary to create such a virus, it would likely be possible to program this virus to turn the host into a Hollywood zombie. But why would they stop there? Why not unlock the true potential of the human body? Why not include a few more supplements to really make the zombies a threat?

But... now that I think about it... why not include a self destruct switch? The country who developed this virus would not want to fight it themselves. Take from this what you will.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:22 pm

well, if it was developed as a weaponized virus... would it not be simotaniously released all over the world? wouldn't it be made to be the most dangerous possible? meaning airborne?

anyways, a weaponized virus that turns the people into something that could potentially KILL YOU is a bad plan when you could just drop nerve gas en masse and wipe out absolutely everyone

if you really want an apoclypse to think about, plan on how your going to survive the robot Holocaust or a Grey goo scenerio, as both of those could potentially happen
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:36 pm

It's not a likely scenario, but it's the most probable one I can think of. Maybe if they wanted it to seem like an accident... or make it nearly impossible to tell who the attacker is...

And, if they made it airborne, they're also increasing the risk of it spreading and being used against themselves. If you ask me, waterborne would be a good option.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:27 pm

And yet even the most basic of animals can differentiate yummy from not yummy. Walking, biting, grappling, and identifying something that moves as being delicious are definitely not higher brain functions.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:37 am

even the dumbest animal can tell that eating something that doesn't move helps surviveability more than chasing something that fights back

and no, Rot most basic animals do not differentiate taste, they can differentiate what is food or not, but that will eat anything that they precieve as edible. there is not a single animal on this planet that will pass up a meal that is just sitting there waiting to be eaten.

fuck, for a realistic zombie, rat poison may be the easiest solution to kill them all

also for walking... Rot, I would like you to find me 1 example of a primitive animal that can coordinate bipedal movement. When you can't I want you to try hitting someone repedadly over the head with a frying pan and then asking them to walk across the room.

the movement of moving your legs is not a higher brain function, but the ability to balance above said legs is, even a perfectly capable person can not walk if you slighly unbalance the fluid in their ears.... and that is a person who knows how to walk, does it on a regular basis... if a person can not balance, the only movement they will be performing is crawling on all 4's

NVM a george romero "slow zombie" is hardly a threat, as I already pointed out with my completely ignored point about how the human jaw muscle is incapable of biting through any fabric thicker than a single layer of cotton... and that would be pushing the edge of difficulty even if the person WAS NOT FIGHTING BACK. the human jaw muscle does not get stronger from biting more often, it becomes elastic and stops working correctly. Maybe one or two zombies in a hundred would have strong enough jaws, or sharp enough teeth to get at people, but most won't.

zombies are not scary, zombies are not threatening... they are just people, only downgraded. a regular war against trained soldiers, or the robot apocalypse, are both more dangerous than a global zombie outbreak

also, again I am making arguments against a viral zombie outbreak, which are people who are still alive, but with a virus blocking out most of their brain... if you are arguing for undead zombies, then my arguments will not work for them
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:19 am

Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:04 am

KrAzY wrote:e
also for walking... Rot, I would like you to find me 1 example of a primitive animal that can coordinate bipedal movement.

t-rex, velociraptor, galimimus, pterodactyl, penguin, pigeon
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:35 am

KristallNacht wrote:
KrAzY wrote:e
also for walking... Rot, I would like you to find me 1 example of a primitive animal that can coordinate bipedal movement.

t-rex, velociraptor, galimimus, pterodactyl, penguin, pigeon
Crow, Raven... not sure if those work...

Pigeons are probably the best example, as they walk instead of hopping... Stupid little #$%#
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:52 am

KrAzY wrote:even the dumbest animal can tell that eating something that doesn't move helps surviveability more than chasing something that fights back

and no, Rot most basic animals do not differentiate taste, they can differentiate what is food or not, but that will eat anything that they precieve as edible. there is not a single animal on this planet that will pass up a meal that is just sitting there waiting to be eaten.

fuck, for a realistic zombie, rat poison may be the easiest solution to kill them all

also for walking... Rot, I would like you to find me 1 example of a primitive animal that can coordinate bipedal movement. When you can't I want you to try hitting someone repedadly over the head with a frying pan and then asking them to walk across the room.

the movement of moving your legs is not a higher brain function, but the ability to balance above said legs is, even a perfectly capable person can not walk if you slighly unbalance the fluid in their ears.... and that is a person who knows how to walk, does it on a regular basis... if a person can not balance, the only movement they will be performing is crawling on all 4's

NVM a george romero "slow zombie" is hardly a threat, as I already pointed out with my completely ignored point about how the human jaw muscle is incapable of biting through any fabric thicker than a single layer of cotton... and that would be pushing the edge of difficulty even if the person WAS NOT FIGHTING BACK. the human jaw muscle does not get stronger from biting more often, it becomes elastic and stops working correctly. Maybe one or two zombies in a hundred would have strong enough jaws, or sharp enough teeth to get at people, but most won't.

zombies are not scary, zombies are not threatening... they are just people, only downgraded. a regular war against trained soldiers, or the robot apocalypse, are both more dangerous than a global zombie outbreak

also, again I am making arguments against a viral zombie outbreak, which are people who are still alive, but with a virus blocking out most of their brain... if you are arguing for undead zombies, then my arguments will not work for them

You are completely forgetting rabies, which makes the animal want to bite other things. It also makes them aggressive. It's been shown that zombies eat horses, cows, humans, and most sources of meat. But in cities, where food is frozen, and animals are scarce, and humans are in high supply, humans are usually displayed because they are always the main character, and the outbreak usually happens in a city.

Not to mention that the virus is spread through contaminated water. Thats why people boil. But when the outbreak is spotted, the contaminated water could have spread all of India. The military could be heavily damaged. Not to mention that 1 billion zombies in close quarter slums is probably the worst condition for fighting against them.

And considering the lack of food, cannibalism is often, although rarely found and recorded. Sickness is widespread. So what do you think happens when 20 Indians with no knowledge of zombies are being chased by a sick man who is hungry. Do they presume he is a zombie? No, its just another sick, poverty stricken, hungry man. They ignore him, and theres no point in contacting the police. It could take 2 weeks before people start seeing a rise in death. And even then, its only when the military or someone of importatance is attacked will any sort of precautions be made.

And by then, it would be too late.

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:04 pm

how does zombie counter Marines with E-tools?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:14 pm

KristallNacht wrote:how does zombie counter Marines with E-tools?
By dying at them.

Don't forget, they just need to mingle bodily fluids. If you blow up their head with a shotgun and some blood gets in your eye, you're fucked.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:20 pm

yea but if they are wearing gasmasks already.... point invalid
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:14 pm

neither blood or teeth are getting through a few layers of clothing

I would be doubtful if a hundred zombies attacking a single marine would be enough to kill him... and marines come in squads with helicopter and vehicular support

zombies would NEVER get inside of an abrams
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:22 pm

I dont think they would even get inside of a hummer since they could always put it in reverse and let the .50 cal knock down zombies like bowling pins
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:30 pm

KrAzY wrote:neither blood or teeth are getting through a few layers of clothing

I would be doubtful if a hundred zombies attacking a single marine would be enough to kill him... and marines come in squads with helicopter and vehicular support

You are forgetting that it can spread through scratches. And the zombies don't sit and gnaw you. They also attack you.

Not to mention that clothes can rip. And I doubt everyone has leather clothes.

And the problem with tanks is their lack of mobility. Zombies will basically put up seige on tanks once they surround them. People need food and water, but zombies can sit on a Abrams for pretty long.

Zaki90
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:38 pm

Zaki90 wrote:

You are forgetting that it can spread through scratches. And the zombies don't sit and gnaw you. They also attack you.

And the problem with tanks is their lack of mobility. Zombies will basically put up seige on tanks once they surround them. People need food and water, but zombies can sit on a Abrams for pretty long.
1.) How is a zombie going to get close enough to a Marine to actually scratch him?

2.) The Zombies will get run over...i don't think a mass of flesh is going to stop an Abrams.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:51 pm

[quote="Zaki90"

Not to mention that clothes can rip. And I doubt everyone has leather clothes.[/quote]

thats why you get the NBC (Nuclear Biological Chemical) Gear and go MOPP 4.

then no zombie gets through, especially when you got an E-tool
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:24 pm

Zaki90 wrote:

I guess zombies don't need to eat then? Besides, I've been bitten before in a sweat. It only left marks on the skin, and while it hurt like hell, the only fluids would be on the jacket and if you have been biten, just burn the clothes.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:28 pm

Tanks have engines on them last i checked, very high horsepower engines, they can easily drive out of a zombie horde and getting the zombies that hung on is just a matter of letting another tank crew or some infantry kill the ones still clinging to the armor.

Lets not forget we have robotic drones, that work, and can be equiped with LMGs, with some modifications they can be given Flamethrowers instead. Burning zombies aren't threatening when the only thing they can break is an expendable drone
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:36 pm

KristallNacht wrote:

And what happens when you get knocked over by the pure mass of zombies coming at you? They don't even need to get through the suit, they can literally cover you and suffocate you.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:41 pm

TNine wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:

And what happens when you get knocked over by the pure mass of zombies coming at you? They don't even need to get through the suit, they can literally cover you and suffocate you.
Yes... because Marines are so stupid, they'll let themselves get cornered without an entrenching tool, especially by shamblers...

Actually, a few Marines would. The army boys on the other hand, they know how to take care of themselves.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:54 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
TNine wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:

Yes... because Marines are so stupid, they'll let themselves get cornered without an entrenching tool, especially by shamblers...

Actually, a few Marines would. The army boys on the other hand, they know how to take care of themselves.
They don't need to be cornered, and an entrenching tool won't be that much help. You still have to swing, you can't be everywhere at once.

And i'm not talking about shamblers, i'm talking about free-runners or at least fast walkers.

And once again, they are literally dying at you. You take its head off and it falls over and hit you. You stab it in the chest, another one runs into you when you are getting it out. Hell, even shamblers could kill someone relying on a close range weapon, at least the grabby ones. You are killing one every second, but they come faster, and you are eventually simply knocked down by the weight of the bodies.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:09 pm

2 words, Semiautomatic Shotgun
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:49 am

TNine wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:

1.) How is a zombie going to get close enough to a Marine to actually scratch him?

2.) The Zombies will get run over...i don't think a mass of flesh is going to stop an Abrams.

Tanks aren't that fast.

Zaki90
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next