Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mosque next to groundzero

+17
Toaster
Tylertlat
Ringleader
Ukurse
A_Bearded_Swede
Rotaretilbo
CivBase
PiEdude
Lord Pheonix
tiny tim
Death no More
Rasq'uire'laskar
TNine
Vtrooper
KrAzY
Ruski
Avenged
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mosque next to groundzero Empty Mosque next to groundzero

Post by Avenged Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:10 am

Do you think the mosque should be put next to groundzero and is it constitutionally protected.

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Mosque next to groundzero Empty Re: Mosque next to groundzero

Post by Ruski Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:14 am

Avenged wrote:Do you think the mosque should be put next to groundzero and is it constitutionally protected.

I think that America needs to get the fuck over it. It wasn't the whole Goddamn religion of Islam that attacked us.
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:22 am

They have the constitutional right to build it

but they shouldn't build it right there... they aren't going to help people think better of islam by putting right in peoples faces... New york is a big city and all people want is for them to move a couple blocks farther away.

if it gets built there the only thing it will do is inspire more hate against islamic people... hate that could easily be avoided
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:32 am

Since when has logic stopped muslims just saying

Avenged
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:36 am

muslims are no different than other people... and their religion is for the most part a religion of peace and tolerance...

however... the problem here is that the people funding this mosque are not of the peaceful tolerant kind... i've read countless articles of muslims who have written to the saudi's who are funding this thing telling them that all they are doing is hurting the islamic community by building it there...

even if they do get the go-ahead to keep it there... I don't think it will get built... at least not in a timely manner... no construction company would risk the loss of business that would come from building something so unpopular
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:17 pm

isn't it a community center?

fact: theres a mosque 4 blocks away that predates the world trade center, yet no news agency seems to know that
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:45 pm

its more the scale of this one, as well as the people its being funded by, that are causing the issue with this one

democrats are gonna say "go ahead" to show "religious tollerance" ... while republicans are gonna say "GTFO" to show we arn't bending to the will of the muslims...

what we need is a good in-between that says "you can have this here... but you need to realize the implications of what you are doing"

I can almost assure you that if it does get built, it will cause more problems than it will solve... just because we can be assholes sometimes
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:08 pm

Avenged wrote:Do you think the mosque should be put next to groundzero
Meh, it's pretty hard to say. I think it probably wasn't a good idea to begin with, but now that it's our we should push it through to say that we are not afraid of Al Queada and we don't see a relationship between Al Queada and Islam (hint: there is none). However, it seems that the reasons behind this opposition are more complicated then i was initially led to believe, so i won't fully commit to my opinion until i know the full story.

Avenged wrote:and is it constitutionally protected.
YES! What kind of question is that? Anybody saying that Islam isn't allowed to build a Mosque because it's unamerican should be thrown out of the country for hypocracy.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:44 pm

Meh.

They're allowed to do it, but I'd prefer that they'd build it further than an arrow's flight from Ground Zero.

TNine wrote:
Avenged wrote:and is it constitutionally protected.
YES! What kind of question is that? Anybody saying that Islam isn't allowed to build a Mosque because it's unamerican should be thrown out of the country for hypocracy.
*Forwards TNine's IP address to the FBI, for an investigation into possible Communist leanings.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:07 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:*Forwards TNine's IP address to the FBI, for an investigation into possible Communist leanings.
confused
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:12 pm

They should be able to build it anywhere they damn please, I say this because I saw this on the Colbert Report and what Fox news was saying. I fucking hope fox news dies.

Anyways its their right, if their intentionally trying to make the thing controversial, then just ignore them and let them do their shit. I swear I feel like people in this country act like 4 year olds sometimes. This is like something we learned in pre school, if someone is being a douche and trying to get attention ignore them.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny tim Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:16 pm

I did know about the other mosque nearby, and that is one of the things that irks me. Why would they need to build a muslim community center just a few blocks from another mosque. I have also heard this being compared to if the Japanese tried to build a memorial to Hiroshima and Nagisaki outside of Pearl Harbor, in 1953.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:28 pm

I've seen churches built down the street from eachother before, and sometimes more churches than actual houses in sight.

Was in the south though, where the houses are mobile.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:57 pm

in Savannah theres one area of town where the buildings, in order on this road, no lie are

Baptist Church
Baptist Church
Baptist Church
KFC
Baptist Church
Baptist Church

stereotypes are sometimes true
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:01 pm

tiny tim wrote:I did know about the other mosque nearby, and that is one of the things that irks me. Why would they need to build a muslim community center just a few blocks from another mosque. I have also heard this being compared to if the Japanese tried to build a memorial to Hiroshima and Nagisaki outside of Pearl Harbor, in 1953.

its worse than that

more people died on 9/11 on an unprovoked attack.... Pearl Harbor was at least an act of war

they do have the right to build it, but its a supreme dick move on their part to build it right there
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:10 pm

My only question is what are the goals of the people trying to build it there because I see no positive outcomes that could possibly come from this

Avenged
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:14 pm

Honestly, I just think they have a right to do so.

Obviously FOX wants to make a big deal out of this because they see it as a big "Fuck you!" to America, and even if they don't, they'll want others to see it that way...of course, by "others", I mean the faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar right conservative Republicans that actually listen to them, 100%.

If anything, the man who wants it built (I forget his name) is trying to show that Islam is a religion of peace, and that just because someone is a Muslim, that does not make them a terrorist.

Naturally though, those who want to see it as some sort of al Qaeda outpost to set up another attack on Ground Zero, will see it as such, and I can't do anything to change their opinions.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:58 pm

All fox news does is feed people misinformation and fear. Basically they're the worst of the media.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:00 pm

Death, as much as I agree with you, you're not helping. So far, you've only slandered Fox News, and that's not contributing to the discussion.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:03 pm

PiEdude wrote:Death, as much as I agree with you, you're not helping. So far, you've only slandered Fox News, and that's not contributing to the discussion.

Death no More wrote:They should be able to build it anywhere they damn please, I say this because I saw this on the Colbert Report and what Fox news was saying. I fucking hope fox news dies.

Anyways its their right, if their intentionally trying to make the thing controversial, then just ignore them and let them do their shit. I swear I feel like people in this country act like 4 year olds sometimes. This is like something we learned in pre school, if someone is being a douche and trying to get attention ignore them.
So I've only slandered Fox news right?
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:06 pm

besides... Fox is not the only news station with the opinion that this mosque is in a bad position...

Fox is biased... but so is every media outlet, any claims otherwise are naive... the only reason you don't like Fox is because it is biased in the other direction from your beliefs... and considering that basically all other news outlets on TV are left biased... I don't know why democrats complain so much about that...

if you don't like fox news... don't watch fox news... but any smart person will look at both sides of the argument... and obviously you are not doing such

KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:08 pm

CNN is relatively centered

Avenged
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:11 pm

Death no More wrote:
PiEdude wrote:Death, as much as I agree with you, you're not helping. So far, you've only slandered Fox News, and that's not contributing to the discussion.

Death no More wrote:They should be able to build it anywhere they damn please, I say this because I saw this on the Colbert Report and what Fox news was saying. I fucking hope fox news dies.

So I've only slandered Fox news right?

Okay, so you've slandered Fox News, and generalized the entire country as 4 year olds who can't ignore douches.

Still not helping.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:13 pm

KrAzY wrote:besides... Fox is not the only news station with the opinion that this mosque is in a bad position...

Fox is biased... but so is every media outlet, any claims otherwise are naive... the only reason you don't like Fox is because it is biased in the other direction from your beliefs... and considering that basically all other news outlets on TV are left biased... I don't know why democrats complain so much about that...

if you don't like fox news... don't watch fox news... but any smart person will look at both sides of the argument... and obviously you are not doing such

I never said I liked any other news stations, most of them make me mad like fox, but fox is the worst among them so of course I would mention it over them. I don't watch it at all, I just hear about what they say/do. I've looked at both sides of this argument so I don't know what your talking about. Also Im not Democrat or Republican, I like some parts of each party.

PiEdude wrote:
Okay, so you've slandered Fox News, and generalized the entire country as 4 year olds who can't ignore douches.

Still not helping.
All you just did was generalize my entire post.

/argument

Now you guys can go back to the topic.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:20 pm

well it sounded to me like you were basing your opinions on the matter off of the testimony of a political satirist

have you actually done any research into the subject?
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: