Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Women in the military

+8
Onyxknight
Toaster
Ukurse
Gauz
Rotaretilbo
BBJynne
Gold Spartan
Nocbl2
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Women in the military - Page 2 Empty Re: Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Women in the military

Post by Ruski Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:38 pm

http://www.fireandknowledge.org/archives/2005/03/21/why-women-should-not-be-allowed-in-combat/

1.The inevitable result is that training standards are lowered, and then the facts are then ferociously denied. This has already resulted in one pilot death (Navy Lieutenant Kara Hultgreen) [I am sure more have resulted, as this book written in 1995]. Also, David Horowitz offers specifics:

1.“Gender norming” is now the rule—women are measured against other women, rather than against men who outperform them.

2.Even though West Point officially says there have been no negative effects from the admission of women, the sworn courtroom testimony of a West Point official says that women cannot perform nearly as well as men and that the men’s training program has, for that reason, been downgraded. For example, men are no longer required to run carrying heavy weapons because women are unable to do that.

2.Even if a man is willing to lead women in combat, even the thought that it might not be suitable is sufficient to end your career. This happened with Lt. Commander Kenneth Carkhuff who was recommended for early promotion due to his “unlimited potential … destined for command and beyond,” but after a private conversation with his superior officer that his religious views made him doubtful about putting women in combat, though those views also required him to lead women into combat if ordered to by his superiors, he was discharged.

3.Due to such threats as the above, career officers do not speak about the performance of women in combat positions, because to do so puts them at great risk of discharge—especially if they mention anything regarding women not performing as well as the men. This is an extremely dangerous policy and will result in the loss of lives and possibly wars.

4.In physical fitness tests, very few women could do even one pull-up, so the Air Force Academy gave credit for the amount of time they could hang on the bar. Female cadets averaged almost four times as many visits to the medical clinic as male cadets. At West Point, the female cadets’ injury rate in field training was fourteen times that of men, and 61 percent of women failed the complete physical test, compared to 4.8 percent of men. During Army basic training, women broke down in tears, particularly on the rifle range.

5.The pregnancy problem. Navy ships have had to be recalled from missions because of the pregnancy of female sailors. A male and a female sailor on the aircraft carrier USS Dwight D. Eisenhower, both married to others, videotaped themselves having sex in a remote part of the ship. There had been thirty-eight pregnancies since the crew went aboard the Eisenhower, fourteen of them after the ship was deployed. Only someone who has never been with troops could not anticipate this result or fail to realize that it will be a major problem forever. The troops in question are very young, at an age when their hormones are, to put it mildly, fiercely insistent.

6.Effects on morale can be particularly adverse. The presence of women among male troops weakens combat readiness. All-male units in the field experience bonding that enhances unit cohesion and effectiveness. When women are introduced, men stop relating to each other and begin trying to attract the women. Men can quickly become on less-than-friendly terms with a mini-war over a woman. Nor can morale be improved when accusations of harassment are always a threat. An accusation of sexual harassment by the woman, even if unproven, would severally damage the man’s service career, and both the man and the woman are acutely aware of the fact.

7.The Israelis, Soviets, and Germans, when in desperate need of front-line troops, placed women in combat, but later barred them. Male troops forgot their tactical objectives in order to protect the women from harm of capture, knowing what the enemy would do to the female prisoners of war. This made combat units less effective and exposed the men to even greater risks.

(Note, this is not my writing. Just posting this person's twist on it.)
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Women in the military - Page 2 Empty Re: Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Women in the military

Post by Maeve Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:07 pm

I believe we should keep the don't ask don't tell policy. It shouldn't matter if you're gay, lesbian, straight, or bisexual. You want to help your country in the best way you can. And why separate them? They are still human like you and me. So why? It shouldn't matter.
Maeve
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Female Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:27 pm

Maeve wrote:I believe we should keep the don't ask don't tell policy. It shouldn't matter if you're gay, lesbian, straight, or bisexual. You want to help your country in the best way you can. And why separate them? They are still human like you and me. So why? It shouldn't matter.
I agree on this note. And Ruski, are you agreeing with that person's views? Not allowing women in the military? Hm, you changed my mind Razz. Now I understand why women aren't allowed in ground combat units. Makes sense.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:37 pm

lol
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum