Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo Legends: The full Review.

+12
Offensive Bias
BBJynne
Vtrooper
Rasq'uire'laskar
Ruski
Ringleader
Rotaretilbo
Felix
Gold Spartan
Gauz
Ukurse
Vigil
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Halo Legends: The full Review. - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo Legends: The full Review.

Post by Vigil Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:41 am

Offensive Bias wrote:Ah yes, who can ever forget the classic double quick attack? And of course...

THE ARBITER USED SURF!

Halo Legends: The full Review. - Page 2 Arbite10

One of the worst things I've ever seen in halo
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Halo Legends: The full Review. - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo Legends: The full Review.

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:15 am

Offensive Bias wrote:Ah yes, who can ever forget the classic double quick attack? And of course...

THE ARBITER USED SURF!
"The attack was ineffective."
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:10 pm

Another scheme to suck ridiculous amounts of money from little kids who have been exposed to Bungie's relentless plan.

My cousins ( there are like 7-10) have litterally fallen in love with Halo, just for the action it provides. It's like Star Wars.

I expect a Halo: Elite Wars in CGI like the Starwars one.

Halo is planning to open up to the little kids while still providing content for the fans. Which leads to complete chaos canon wise.

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:43 pm

Which is why Reach is my final Halo Title
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:13 pm

The Halo cartoon show

It'll happen.

Nothing good lasts forever.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:23 pm

He was lighter on them than I would have been.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:47 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:You need to go back and rewatch The Duel before you call any other the worst. Razz
Compared to the clusterscrewup that was "The Package", the Duel was almost watchable.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:11 am

The package wasn't great, but it was at least trying to resemble the books by pulling major players from Nylund's work. The Space action was pretty good if you removed the space harley's

The Duel was painful to watch, and still contains one of the worst death scenes seen in Halo.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:16 am

Vigil wrote:The package wasn't great, but it was at least trying to resemble the books by pulling major players from Nylund's work. The Space action was pretty good if you removed the space harley's
Wrong.
Anyone with five functioning brain cells would have realized that mindlessly spewing dialogue from the trilogy DOES NOT make for a good script. And if it didn't occur to you, then you should have realized it when you watched Terminator: Salvation!

The space battles were lame even if you did ignore the Space Harleys, which is impossible, because so much hinged on them.
Then there's the fact that the Covenant ships ALL had their shields down, couldn't hit squat with their PDS (!) and the acrobatics Linda or Kelly was pulling off IN SPACE!
So, after that, you have seriously misplaced UNSC tech (Bubble shields, cloaking fields, and SPLAZERS!) a sword scene that makes no sense, a 20-year-old Halsey, and brain-dead Elites.

"Oh, looks like the Disgrace has beat him down and is about to finish him off. Now to activate that convenient gravity lift that has no purpose other than to suck up disgraces while we detach the conveniently detachable rear half of the ship that has the bomb in it. Now, while they're trapped in there, let's jump to slipspace without jettisoning EVERY SINGLE ESCAPE VEHICLE, just to give the Demon and that woman we picked up for some reason a fair chance to escape."

Quite honestly, the sheer stupidity of this episode astounded me.

Vigil wrote:The Duel was painful to watch, and still contains one of the worst death scenes seen in Halo.
Wasn't as bad as The Package, but that isn't saying much.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:23 am

I agree with Rasq... the Package did a good job of nailing down the action, but it had some giant story holes.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:38 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Wrong.
Anyone with five functioning brain cells would have realized that mindlessly spewing dialogue from the trilogy DOES NOT make for a good script. And if it didn't occur to you, then you should have realized it when you watched Terminator: Salvation!

The space battles were lame even if you did ignore the Space Harleys, which is impossible, because so much hinged on them.
Then there's the fact that the Covenant ships ALL had their shields down, couldn't hit squat with their PDS (!) and the acrobatics Linda or Kelly was pulling off IN SPACE!
So, after that, you have seriously misplaced UNSC tech (Bubble shields, cloaking fields, and SPLAZERS!) a sword scene that makes no sense, a 20-year-old Halsey, and brain-dead Elites.

"Oh, looks like the Disgrace has beat him down and is about to finish him off. Now to activate that convenient gravity lift that has no purpose other than to suck up disgraces while we detach the conveniently detachable rear half of the ship that has the bomb in it. Now, while they're trapped in there, let's jump to slipspace without jettisoning EVERY SINGLE ESCAPE VEHICLE, just to give the Demon and that woman we picked up for some reason a fair chance to escape."

Quite honestly, the sheer stupidity of this episode astounded me.

Gee, A lot of what you said sounds awfully familar. I think I heard something like before on a review here

And then………we see the EBA booster frames. These are the notorious ‘X-wing Motorcycles we saw in the previous previews. And yes they are as retarded as we thought they are. They are armed with what appears to be chain guns, and a rear warthog style gun on the rear, which comes out of the back of the ship and is fired by a rear gunner if their frame is destroyed. They also appear to have archer missiles and Gaus cannons. They also have energy shields on them.

We then get a cut away to John’s HUD. It’s a Halo 3 HUD, with a Shield bar. Did not one tell them that they didn’t have shields then?

Then three elites drop down, one of them is the red Major we saw before. He lunges at chief he dodges the blow. A second minor domo attacks Fred with a sword, and he blocks it with his laser somehow… Fred loses and drops his laser but pulls out his combat knife and stabs the elite in the eye. Two problems with this. Firstly, the Elite had no shield protecting him, and the blood that spurts from the wound is GREEN. Even that asswipe the duel got that right.

We now find out what the ‘Package’ was and are you ready for the big surprise? In front of Chief is a cryo pod, with the name ‘CATHERINE. E. HALSEY’ on it and yes she’s inside fully clothed of course, we couldn’t have her naked now could we? Chief activates the pod and she steps out. She seems a bit too young in my opinion, with long blond hair, not a wrinkle on her face, she looks around her mid-twenties, which is not how I envisioned her at that point. Sure she did stay in stasis a lot, but I’m pretty sure she did show signs of her age in the books, please correct me if I’m wrong.

She then refers to him as John and he asks if she slept well , to which she replies ‘no thanks to your driving yes.’ (Direct quote from the Chief in Halo CE) He then says that she seems to be in one piece, which she replies that maybe his luck his rubbed off one her. John replies ‘We make our own luck’ (multiple times in the books) but he always be ther- and Halsey says ‘Don’t make a girl a promise, if you know you can’t keep it (Cortana Halo 2). Ah it’s so nice when you rip off other people’s dialogue to make yours look better.

The Elite at the helm asks about the Red Elite and his team , to which the commander replies ‘ He has already been shamed, he will die or Arbiter.’ Thanks for telling me the obvious there chuck.

We then close with a classic John/Halsey conversation. She says he really is lucky, to which he replies that he wasn’t lucky enough. Two Spartans died today and that Elite was strong. He says he needs to be stronger. Halsey replies that they all have to be stronger as she thinks this is only the beginning( Shall I award it? Ah what the hell. ‘No. I think we’re just getting started.’)

Vigil wrote:The Duel was painful to watch, and still contains one of the worst death scenes seen in Halo.
Wasn't as bad as The Package, but that isn't saying much.[/quote]

I rank the package higher because it had better action sequences and story. The Duel was pointless, which glaring flaws throughout, such as the several fights which amount to nothing, the way they talked only using two mandibles instead of four, the massive plot holes (he was training an army to fight the Covenant which magically disappears, as does his 'friend' who betrays him, and the Retarded hunters and geyser of purple blood at the end.

You may think I'm praising the Package, but I have already said this to Krazy when he asked a very similar question I rate the package equal or lower to the Cole protocol, which is one of the worst Halo novels to date.

Don't insult my intelligence
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:22 pm

Vigil wrote:
Gee, A lot of what you said sounds awfully familar. I think I heard something like before on a review here
Then why'd you give it any credit...

The action was BAD. I think you're mixing the art and action up, because the art was good. The action, was horrible. That and the incredibly bad story ruined everything else.

EDIT: for the sake of not arguing!
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:37 pm

Gauz wrote:
Vigil wrote:
Then why'd you give it any credit...

The action was BAD. I think you're mixing the art and action up, because the art was good. The action, was horrible. That and the incredibly bad story ruined everything else.

EDIT: for the sake of not arguing!

Next time read Gauz.

You may think I'm praising the Package, but I have already said this to Krazy when he asked a very similar question I rate the package equal or lower to the Cole protocol, which is one of the worst Halo novels to date.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:44 pm

Vigil wrote:The package wasn't great, but it was at least trying to resemble the books by pulling major players from Nylund's work.
I did read...

And you gave it some credit it doesn't deserve.

Hence why I said you shouldn't give it any credit!
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:06 pm

Gauz, who really cares? He gave it some credit because it didn't fail as hard as some of its brethren. That doesn't mean he liked it. Frankly, I think it does deserve some credit. The art was nice and I, for one, kinda liked the action. It isn't worth paying for, but it was a helluva lot better than The Duel.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:56 pm

CivBase wrote:Gauz, who really cares?
Funny you should say that...
SPARTAN helmets, who really cares?
What religion I believe in, who really cares?
Most every little insignificant point discussed in the debate thread, who really cares?

Civ wrote:He gave it some credit because it didn't fail as hard as some of its brethren. That doesn't mean he liked it.
I didn't say he liked it, I said it doesn't deserve credit.
Just because it's not as bad as the duel means it did something right, it's still bad.
Civ wrote: Frankly, I think it does deserve some credit. The art was nice and I, for one, kinda liked the action. It isn't worth paying for, but it was a helluva lot better than The Duel.
The art was nice, but that didn't make it any better. The action consisted of the space battle, x-wings super flight, and the sprinting down the corridor followed by a duel. The space battle was bad, all the sheilds were offline and the point defense systems were completely useless. The x-wing combat was already bad becasue of the very concept of it, then the spartans tried to pose as some cirque du soleil dancers IN SPACE. Then, the 'ground' fighting. They were running down a hallway flailing their arms around like complete idiots hitting every single GREEN BLOODED covenant with perfect accuracy. The vision through the helmet was retarded, and there was something else that struck me odd, was it sheilds? I dunno, but then we have the duel. He blocked a barrage of weapon fire with the sword, forgetting he had a sheilding system in his suit.

Art - 4/5
Action - 1/5
Plot - -5/5
Script - 0/5

Total score - 0/5

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:15 pm

I'd like to point out that if you're going to bitch about the acrobatics defying phsyics then you might as well just attack all of anime, as NONE of it obeys the laws of physics.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:22 pm

I don't like anime anymore

go for it dawg
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:31 pm

Gauz wrote:
CivBase wrote:Gauz, who really cares?
Funny you should say that...
SPARTAN helmets, who really cares?
What religion I believe in, who really cares?
Most every little insignificant point discussed in the debate thread, who really cares?
But you're arguing about what Vigil meant... with Vigil himself!

Gauz wrote:
Civ wrote:He gave it some credit because it didn't fail as hard as some of its brethren. That doesn't mean he liked it.
I didn't say he liked it, I said it doesn't deserve credit.
Just because it's not as bad as the duel means it did something right, it's still bad.
He never said it was good!

Gauz wrote:
Civ wrote:Frankly, I think it does deserve some credit. The art was nice and I, for one, kinda liked the action. It isn't worth paying for, but it was a helluva lot better than The Duel.
The art was nice, but that didn't make it any better. The action consisted of the space battle, x-wings super flight, and the sprinting down the corridor followed by a duel. The space battle was bad, all the sheilds were offline and the point defense systems were completely useless. The x-wing combat was already bad becasue of the very concept of it, then the spartans tried to pose as some cirque du soleil dancers IN SPACE. Then, the 'ground' fighting. They were running down a hallway flailing their arms around like complete idiots hitting every single GREEN BLOODED covenant with perfect accuracy. The vision through the helmet was retarded, and there was something else that struck me odd, was it sheilds? I dunno, but then we have the duel. He blocked a barrage of weapon fire with the sword, forgetting he had a sheilding system in his suit.
Most of this is cannon issues. Action is action, not story. The story sucked, but it was still exciting.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:40 pm

CivBase wrote:

He never said it was good!
I didn't say he thought it was good.

Civ wrote:
Most of this is cannon issues. Action is action, not story. The story sucked, but it was still exciting.
No no no...

The action was still bad. The duel (with the elite) and the whole sprinting scene was really bad. The x-wings were just plain stupid, though the rail gun part and kelly covering the black guy was okay. That was only becasue of the art really..
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:56 pm

The Package...
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:50 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:I'd like to point out that if you're going to bitch about the acrobatics defying phsyics then you might as well just attack all of anime, as NONE of it obeys the laws of physics.
Neither does Halo. Halo is just discreet about it.
Quite honestly, some franchises set themselves up to follow the rules of physics for the most part, some decide to depart from them, and some go all the way and write /new/ laws of physics.

I like the first, can tolerate the second, and am in awe of the third.

Vigil wrote:
Now I feel like an idiot.

Wasn't as bad as The Package, but that isn't saying much.[/quote]

I rank the package higher because it had better action sequences and story. The Duel was pointless, which glaring flaws throughout, such as the several fights which amount to nothing, the way they talked only using two mandibles instead of four, the massive plot holes (he was training an army to fight the Covenant which magically disappears, as does his 'friend' who betrays him, and the Retarded hunters and geyser of purple blood at the end.

Don't insult my intelligence[/quote]
*shrugs*
At least there were brief, fleeting parts of "The Duel" where it looked like they were actually trying.

To me, the action just wasn't enough to carry the anime, and it honestly seemed like the studio decided that it didn't matter what product it put out, they were getting paid anyways. To me, that's more insulting than simply failing spectacularly.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by mikelangelo11 Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:46 am

I love this so much, for me there was not one that was pointless or one i did not like, all were really good and enjoyable to watch, the crazy anime one cracked me up and still was so cool. would love it if they made more of these.

mikelangelo11
Minion

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:34 am

And you just signed your death warrant.

Have fun.

Razz
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:11 am

lol, maybe you should have read a few posts before saying that...
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum