American Idol

Go down

American Idol Empty American Idol

Post by Gauz on Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:01 pm

Opinions?


I watch it, awesome show, although I don't think most of you share that view Razz
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

American Idol Empty Re: American Idol

Post by Gold Spartan on Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:03 pm

I lost respect for Idol after season 4.
The new season is unbearable, ESPECIALLY with ELLEN DEGENERES as your 4th judge.
She's a comedian NOT a singer damnit! Why the hell is she there?
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Age : 24
Location : Kentucky, where else?
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

American Idol Empty Re: American Idol

Post by PiEdude on Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:04 pm

I watch the auditions for comedic value, but not much more than that until the final 12 or so.

My parents and brother watch it a lot though.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

American Idol Empty Re: American Idol

Post by czar on Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:07 pm

PiEdude wrote:I watch the auditions for comedic value, but not much more than that until the final 12 or so.

My parents and brother watch it a lot though.
this, except take away the brother.
czar
czar
Minion

Male Number of posts : 570
Age : 25
Location : ohio
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

American Idol Empty Re: American Idol

Post by R!zZle BiZzl£ on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:25 am

the american version of pop idol, x factor. I only watch it when the auditions begin, lol you get some crackpots in there.
R!zZle BiZzl£
R!zZle BiZzl£
Minion

Male Number of posts : 354
Age : 25
Location : England, manchester.
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Back to top Go down

American Idol Empty Re: American Idol

Post by Vigil on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:34 am

I ranted about the X Factor around Christmas.

Whatever you think of Idol, the X factor is 20 times worse.

_________________
American Idol Viggy
American Idol House

A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 30
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

American Idol Empty Re: American Idol

Post by CivBase on Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:54 am

It was a good show... but now with Ellen in and Simon leaving at the end of the year, it is no more than just another reality show.

_________________
American Idol Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

American Idol Empty Re: American Idol

Post by Gauz on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:17 pm

Uhm

The show isn't only about singing believe it or not, not all the judges can sing, like ellen, but she knows how to be on stage in front of millions of people every day so she qualifies as a judge. That and you don't have to sing to know if someone sings well.

I however do think the ratings will fall with simon leaving...
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

American Idol Empty Re: American Idol

Post by CivBase on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:31 pm

You don't have to be able to sing to know someone sings well... but you do in order to critically judge their singing.

And yes, it is all about singing. Performance is added in, but who do you think would get a better score? Someone who sings outstandingly but looks horrid or someone who looks amazing, but can't hold a tune in a bucket? Let Susan Boyle serve as an example.

EDIT:

Seriously, the whole point of the judges on that show (after initial auditions) is to give critical judgment on the artist's performance as a singer. They offer valuable incite that the average Joe can't pick out. Ellen can pick out some things as a fellow performer, but she can't pick apart the thing that makes the person a performer. What makes the idolists who they are is their singing capabilities. Everything else is just a bonus, and the other judges can evaluate those aspects just fine on their own.

Ellen originally said that she would fulfill her role by being "the people's judge", but that defeats the whole purpose of the judges. The people already decide who advances... they don't need a representative. What they need is someone to tear them limb from limb. She has no place in the competition, and it is nothing more than a publicity stunt gone awry. Sure, Simon was contemplating leaving the show earlier, but I have no doubt that Ellen was the last straw.


Last edited by CivBase on Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
American Idol Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

American Idol Empty Re: American Idol

Post by PiEdude on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:56 pm

Personally, I'd prefer the former.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Age : 26
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

American Idol Empty Re: American Idol

Post by Vigil on Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:56 am

Gauz wrote:Uhm

The show isn't only about singing believe it or not, not all the judges can sing, like ellen, but she knows how to be on stage in front of millions of people every day so she qualifies as a judge. That and you don't have to sing to know if someone sings well.

I however do think the ratings will fall with simon leaving...

Just like Piers Morgan is qualified to judge in this type of show?

He was a newspaper editor, he's good at manipulation and slander, not talent shows.

_________________
American Idol Viggy
American Idol House

A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 30
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

American Idol Empty Re: American Idol

Post by Dud Doodoo on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:20 pm

No.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Age : 25
Location : Okinawa, Japan
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

American Idol Empty Re: American Idol

Post by A_Bearded_Swede on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:23 pm

I watch Survivor.
That's about it for reality shows...

_________________
American Idol Skyrimr

American Idol Ironmanl
.:Live Life, Love Life:.
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Age : 27
Location : Jersey
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

American Idol Empty Re: American Idol

Post by Gauz on Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Vigil wrote:
Gauz wrote:Uhm

The show isn't only about singing believe it or not, not all the judges can sing, like ellen, but she knows how to be on stage in front of millions of people every day so she qualifies as a judge. That and you don't have to sing to know if someone sings well.

I however do think the ratings will fall with simon leaving...

Just like Piers Morgan is qualified to judge in this type of show?

He was a newspaper editor, he's good at manipulation and slander, not talent shows.
We're talking about ellen, not america's got talent or piers. Ellen qualifies because she has an understanding of what music is and can judge people on how they sound and understands performance.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

American Idol Empty Re: American Idol

Post by CivBase on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:44 pm

So does my choir teacher... and probably a helluva lot more so. Still, you don't see him on national television making millions of dollars.

_________________
American Idol Bzsigy2
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

American Idol Empty Re: American Idol

Post by Gauz on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:48 pm

That's because he's not famous enough to be on american idol.






Don't quote that.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

American Idol Empty Re: American Idol

Post by KristallNacht on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:27 pm

only good winner of American Idol was Kelly Clarkson
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

American Idol Empty Re: American Idol

Post by BBJynne on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:58 am

KristallNacht wrote:only good winner of American Idol was Kelly Clarkson

and Carrie Underwood

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

American Idol Empty Re: American Idol

Post by Ukurse on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:02 pm

BBJynne wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:only good winner of American Idol was Kelly Clarkson

and Carrie Underwood
Who?
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Age : 25
Location : Auckland, New Zealand
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

American Idol Empty Re: American Idol

Post by Vigil on Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:50 pm

Gauz wrote:
Vigil wrote:
Gauz wrote:Uhm

The show isn't only about singing believe it or not, not all the judges can sing, like ellen, but she knows how to be on stage in front of millions of people every day so she qualifies as a judge. That and you don't have to sing to know if someone sings well.

I however do think the ratings will fall with simon leaving...

Just like Piers Morgan is qualified to judge in this type of show?

He was a newspaper editor, he's good at manipulation and slander, not talent shows.
We're talking about ellen, not america's got talent or piers. Ellen qualifies because she has an understanding of what music is and can judge people on how they sound and understands performance.

Same type of show, same producers. While Idol is music focused, I have seen songs and musical talent on '... got talent' I mean or christ's sake that whole Susan Boyle crap was rom Britian's got talent.

That argument doesn't hold up.

_________________
American Idol Viggy
American Idol House

A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 30
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

American Idol Empty Re: American Idol

Post by Spartan15 on Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:57 pm

Gauz wrote:Opinions?


I watch it, awesome show, although I don't think most of you share that view Razz
I have seen little clips of American Idol and find it just as dull as Australian Idol. It is a good show for those who enjoy music and such but they have to remember that not everyone enjoys watching music talent shows. Over here they had three music talent shows on at one stage ( Pop stars, Australian Idol and X-factor} and they do get very boring to watch after a while. What's so interesting about watching people standing up on stage singing? You might aswell listen to it on the radio....... Perhaps i'm saying this because i'm not the biggest fan of music but i do feel that they drag on with the music shows a little too much.

Kristall Nacht: I have to agree with you on that matter. Not a bad singer but i'd definitely prefer AC/DC over her.
Spartan15
Spartan15
Minion

Male Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-01-12

http://www.halowars.com

Back to top Go down

American Idol Empty Re: American Idol

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum