Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yahtzee Modern Warfare 2

+16
Barbbachello
Ziggy
Ukurse
Ringleader
TNine
A_Bearded_Swede
Death no More
Gauz
PiEdude
Cheese
MrX
Felix
Rotaretilbo
CivBase
Vigil
Nocbl2
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Yahtzee Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Yahtzee Modern Warfare 2

Post by MrX Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:49 pm

Death no more wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:I lol'd in my head (so that's not really loling, is it?)
MW 2 reviewed by Yahtzee
He speaks way to fast.

your an idiot its called zero punctuation for a reason...
MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:44 pm

sargentbilco wrote:
Death no more wrote:
MW 2 reviewed by Yahtzee
He speaks way to fast.

Hey douche bag I never even watched one of his videos before this but usually people speak slower than that.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:53 pm

Death no more wrote:
sargentbilco wrote:
Death no more wrote:
MW 2 reviewed by Yahtzee
He speaks way to fast.

Hey douche bag I never even watched one of his videos before this but usually people speak slower than that.
It's called ZERO PUNCTUATION cause he talks so fast, he practically has no punctuation.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by MrX Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:54 pm

sorry i dont think you quite understand...

sargentbilco wrote:
Death no more wrote:
MW 2 reviewed by Yahtzee
He speaks way to fast.

MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:02 pm

Yahtzee Modern Warfare 2 - Page 2 Eddie%20Murphy
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:34 am

Vigil wrote:That's because he didn't play it online

Very Happy
What?
You hate MW2 more than Yahtzee, because you have played the multiplayer?
MW2 Multiplayer=Awesome

Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:25 am

I hate the multiplayer with the heat of a thousand foreman grills.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziggy Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:07 am

Vigil wrote:I hate the multiplayer with the heat of a thousand foreman grills.

Why exactly do you hate it so much? It's amazingly fun if you get a good crowd to play with.
Ziggy
Ziggy
Minion

Male Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbbachello Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:18 am

Green bar = fun
Barbbachello
Barbbachello
Minion

Male Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:32 am

I'm just going to point out the TACTICAL NUKE.......
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:43 am

I kind of agree with Vigil....

The problem with COD's multilayer system is simple. Unlike in old-school games, like Halo, where everyone starts out with the same weapon and has to find weapons on the map, in COD the players are unbalanced. Someone at level 52 has a clear advantage over someone that's only level 9. On top of that, it gives people an incentive to use things like "noob tubes" and to camp with shotguns in order to unlock more stuff.

I don't think it's as bad as Vigil makes it out to be, but I was never really fond of this system myself.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:03 am

CivBase wrote:I kind of agree with Vigil....

The problem with COD's multilayer system is simple. Unlike in old-school games, like Halo, where everyone starts out with the same weapon and has to find weapons on the map, in COD the players are unbalanced. Someone at level 52 has a clear advantage over someone that's only level 9. On top of that, it gives people an incentive to use things like "noob tubes" and to camp with shotguns in order to unlock more stuff.

I don't think it's as bad as Vigil makes it out to be, but I was never really fond of this system myself.
This is much more of an unbalance now then in CoD4. In CoD4, you started out with most of the best guns and weapons, as well as the best perks coming fairly early, meaning the higher levels only have a little advantage.

In Modern Warfare 2, the best weapons are at the top, meaning that the higher levels have a massive advantage.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:28 am

TNine wrote:
CivBase wrote:I kind of agree with Vigil....

This is much more of an unbalance now then in CoD4. In CoD4, you started out with most of the best guns and weapons, as well as the best perks coming fairly early, meaning the higher levels only have a little advantage.

In Modern Warfare 2, the best weapons are at the top, meaning that the higher levels have a massive advantage.
I don't think you start out that bad off. And the best weapons are around level 50, not at the top. The top weapons usually suck, like the AK47 and RPG.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:58 pm

It still comes down to skill you see....

If you hand a 5 year old a controller and they are level 70, I hardly think anyone would have a hard time beating the five year old. I often see people at lower levels on the top of the lists, it is kind of unbalanced but I don't think that was how it was designed. It was designed to make players want to unlock and play more.

The MP is fun imo.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:08 pm

Battlefield 2 ran into the same problem. It doesn't come down to skill, you see. You could hand the controller to a 10 year old who has played the game for a few months but generally sucks, and if he's got the G36E unlock for the medic kit, he'll be very difficult to contend with. And even then, if you have two people of equal skill and hand one an unlock and the other a regular weapon, the unlock wins every time.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:20 pm

Indeed. I hate how I matched with so many high ranks and prestige players every game, it makes things ten times harder, espically when I'm on a team of newbies.

It also annoys me that after 2 years to work on this, they still haven't fixed the spawning system.

I've run into quite a bit of lag and server disconnections and failures on it. If the host leaves, and you never know who that is, it really does a number to the system. It sometimes dumps me into a black screen and the only thing I can do is go back to the dashboard and start again.

Still, I may hate it, it's not the worst game I've played this year........
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziggy Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:31 pm

The M4 unlocked at level 1? I don't see why people are saying that newbies don't have access to good weapons. All the weapons are relatively similar, and it's all about how good you are with them, and your playing style. Higher leveled players don't have that much of an advantage, apart from attachments.

Also, the SPAS 12 is one of the best guns in the game that you unlock at level 1. Nothing beats it in close quarters if you can aim and then potentially dodge.
Ziggy
Ziggy
Minion

Male Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:45 pm

I really think there's no excuse Vigil.

You can do just as much damage as any high skill ranked player with the weapons and perks you have unlocked at start. Weather or not your team sucks or not. You may loose but it doen't mean you still can do well.

And your little connection problem there I think has to do with your own connection. You did say that your modem was acting bad didn't you? But you seriously refuse, then whatever.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:51 pm

RockaHolicGameR wrote:I really think there's no excuse Vigil.

You can do just as much damage as any high skill ranked player with the weapons and perks you have unlocked at start.

Never said I couldn't kill them, I had a pretty good run today, and really hammered them using a SCAR.

But you have to admit some of the later guns can really be bulllshitty. The Model Shotgun definately is, as that thing has quite a range.

At the start all you could use is the preestablished class, with a Famas with stopping power. While this is a decent combo as it kills most in one or two bursts, you would get buttfucked by grenade launchers or a long range bullet to the face. In most gun fights in that game, if ou are using a burst or single shot weapon, and the other guy is fully automatic, you're going to lose that fight, regardless if you shot first.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:59 pm

Vigil wrote:
RockaHolicGameR wrote:I really think there's no excuse Vigil.

You can do just as much damage as any high skill ranked player with the weapons and perks you have unlocked at start.

Never said I couldn't kill them, I had a pretty good run today, and really hammered them using a SCAR.

But you have to admit some of the later guns can really be bulllshitty. The Model Shotgun definately is, as that thing has quite a range.

At the start all you could use is the preestablished class, with a Famas with stopping power. While this is a decent combo as it kills most in one or two bursts, you would get buttfucked by grenade launchers or a long range bullet to the face. In most gun fights in that game, if ou are using a burst or single shot weapon, and the other guy is fully automatic, you're going to lose that fight, regardless if you shot first.

I disagree. The pre-set class's aren't that good but there still just fine to do with in the short amount of time you have to use them. And I agree with Ziggy when it comes to the weapons, there are all very simular and don't take much at all to kill anybody. Evem when you have a 3 round burst or a single shot againtst a fully automatic it may make it a little harder but you still have a chance.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:06 pm

I just run around with mah pistol + tactical knife and r-r-r-rape the enemies.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:09 pm

Gauz wrote:I just run around with mah pistol + tactical knife and r-r-r-rape the enemies.

That's so fun to do when you have marathon, lightweight and commando. Razz
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:49 pm

Gauz wrote:I just run around with mah pistol + tactical knife and r-r-r-rape the enemies.

I've been kinda doing that too, though in splitscreen, as none of us have Live.
The magnum is beast Smile
and pistols are so much more fun, especially since most of the people I play with kinda suck so it's actually more balanced this way

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:06 pm

Ugh! I finally got unbanned! Ah, whatevs. My brother rented MW 2, and it is soooo awesome. I'm earning money to buy it. FASAR FTW!!!
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:46 am

Ziggy wrote:The M4 unlocked at level 1? I don't see why people are saying that newbies don't have access to good weapons. All the weapons are relatively similar, and it's all about how good you are with them, and your playing style. Higher leveled players don't have that much of an advantage, apart from attachments.

Also, the SPAS 12 is one of the best guns in the game that you unlock at level 1. Nothing beats it in close quarters if you can aim and then potentially dodge.

IMO, The best primary weapon is the M16, unlocked at level 40. And the best secondary weapon is the m1887 (with Akimbo) unlocked at level 67.

Even though you can do well with the M4A1 and the Spas 12, like Ziggy said above (which are also the 2 weapons that I used in my main classes for quite awhile), I had a Kill/Death Ratio of 1.21, and then suspiciously enough, as soon as I hit level 40, BOOM! My KDR shot up to 1.63

I would say that your level does have a large impact on you performance, but, you should still be able to do well as I did prior to unlocking the better guns. If you have any idea how to play, you should be able to pull off a an A-game every now and then, even with a red-dot ping, like mine/New Zealand's, because you start off with some great guns too.

What Civ and Vigil said was one of the first things that I thought about Cod4 when I first started playing it, about 1 month after release I think. I thought it was unfair that people who had played the game for longer not only had an advantage in the sense that they had more experience, skill and knowledge of the game, they also had access to more guns and better guns.

So I guess I do agree, but to be honest it is less of a problem than it sound, if anything, having to unlock weapon latter on in the game is motivation and reward. And you are never in a position were you are not able to access good guns & classes, higher level guns are more of upgrades and alternatives, like the famas to M16.

Edit: And I love it when people run around with Pistol w/ Tactical knife, they are easy free kills for me Razz
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: