Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo 3: ODST - Firefight

+22
BBJynne
KristallNacht
Felix
Cheese
MrX
Skita1
TNine
Avenged
XNate02
Ukurse
Ascendant Justice
Death no More
Ringleader
Dud Doodoo
JumpingJet
Vigil
Divine Virus
Gauz
Angatar
Ruski
kslidz
CivBase
26 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Halo 3: ODST - Firefight - Page 3 Empty Re: Halo 3: ODST - Firefight

Post by MrX Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:46 am

omfg im not even arguing with idiots...
MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:47 am

AJ, I don't care if some of the other ODST threads should be merged.

THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS THREAD!
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:44 pm

[post deleted]

Last edited by Ascendant Justice on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:48 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:
CivBase wrote:AJ, I don't care if some of the other ODST threads should be merged.

I never said it was.
Then go bitch about it somewhere else.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:48 pm

you didn't put engineers up for the enemies
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:39 pm

AJ is really obnoxious, its impossible to argue or communicate with him, because he will take whatever you say, and torque it into a pretzel, therefore you can never get your point across in the situation because he is intentionally not accepting the obvious meaning of what you are saying. That or he'll take minuscule points you raise and continue to go off on them instead of the main point of the debate, because either he knows his point is moot, or his mentality is to not stay on point, and victory in an argument is tiring your opponent and ending on an idea that has absolutely nothing to do with the original topic, perhaps even, he just wants to cause a ruckus.

I have dealt with his kind before, and the only thing you can do is just ignore him because the only reason he brings these things up (like downing Halo in a predominately Halo thread) so he can feel better about himself, and feel superior, everyone does this at some point or another and then they realize "wow, what an ass I have been", but others just become addicted to it. Proof of AJ being one of these people is that when debating with him, he jumped through the humor escape door, minimalizing the debate as a whole to make him seem better in contrast when he knows he cant really accomplish anything, he might even pull the "Oh your still talking about that? were way past that" manuever. Remember that he does not enter arguments to accomplish things.

So just ignore him, and he will go away.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:32 pm

tl;dr
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:38 pm

[post deleted]

Last edited by Ascendant Justice on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:12 pm

The second paragraph had explained exactly what you just did, as novel your behavior may be.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:20 pm

[post deleted]

Last edited by Ascendant Justice on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:16 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:I don't treat every Halo fanboy like an idiot. Only the really dumb ones.
Yet you treat everyone that argues with you like an idiot, would that mean we are all the dumb ones?
TNine wrote:Stop trying to argue with him Dud, he's so stuck up and stubborn like you wouldn't believe.
Either way it's a form of entertainment for me.
Ascendant Justice wrote:
Dud Doodoo wrote:
"You have yet to realize how mediocre your precious Halo is and the incessant swath if idiot-ism that you leave in your wake is only attracting the annoying swarms of internet geese that are the Halo 3 fan-base."

Sarcasm. You will not survive on the internet without it. Apparently I didn't make that clear enough.

Sarcasm is normally defined as the opposite of what you actually mean. Would that mean you are calling us all intelligent and that my posts are very well thought out? Razz

Would you care to clarify the crucial role and purpose you have here? It seems to me that this community is made up of people you hate.

I don't hate anyone here. Its just that some people can get just a tad bit annoying at times. My role is not crucial by any means. I'm just a little mod. Not an admin or anything. So yes I do have a reason for being here

A mod that goes around trolling every Halo related thread made? What an example you are setting.

All content and media posted in the current threads would need to be reposted in that thread, and discussion would repeat itself. I see nothing wrong with the way it is now, you and Angatar seem to be the only ones that do. Yet again, there is no reason to inconvenience the majority for the whining of the minority.

Tis not whining, but rather a suggestion. Settle down.

Since you seem to no longer be debating this then why is it that you are still in this thread? This was the only point I ever really contested to begin with and what I thought this entire argument was based on.

I also never called your opinion pathetic, I would have to be an ass if I did. What is pathetic is that you are asking us to again, inconvenience the majority to cater to the minority.

Again? Nonsense. This is the first time that I have asked the ever mighty majority for anything besides an extra helping of bread and water. Seriously, drop the royalty crap. You are acting like you and your majority are somehow better than everyone else.

[b]I suppose I should have put a comma before I said "again". It was meant in the context that I was repeating myself.

Of course the majority should get what they want over what the minority wants. The majority being everyone in this thread, everyone else being who? You and Angatar? Just you?

I would suggest actually going back to read over the posts you are quoting before basing an entire response upon them. It makes you look less like and idiot when I respond.

Re word your posts from now on because your responses are far from "clear". I'm a little slow when it comes to responding to people who have come from every college on the planet, Oh King Dud.

Would you like to get a second opinion on that, my humble vassal?

Ascendant Justice wrote:
TNine wrote:Stop trying to argue with him Dud, he's so stuck up and stubborn like you wouldn't believe.

More like you gave up. At least Dud has the balls to keep trying.
While you did give up, I do believe it is AJ that has the balls to keep trying.
TNine wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:

More like you gave up. At least Dud has the balls to keep trying.
No matter how many times i proved you long (or somebody else proved you wrong), you would still continue acting like you were right, and when we pointed out that you were wrong, you just called us stupid.

I don't want to spend any more time proving a point that i've already proved.
First, we never actually proved him wrong, we just beat him.
Second, when someone is reduced to nothing more than calling you names you know you have won out.
CivBase wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:
Dud Doodoo wrote:No, if you don't want Halo to be the main subject on a Halo based forum GTFO, we don't need to cater to the wants of the minority.

Hate to break it to you but this forum is no longer "Halo based". In case you hadnt noticed, the Haloverse section which made this site "Halo based" is now gone.

And to the people complaining about a mess, grow up.
My, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. You're not going to die if we have five ODST threads. Whether the site itself is Halo based or not, the members are. Deal with it.

There are six f***ing threads about ODST in page 1 of the Video Games section out of fifty. There are four about Warhammer 40K out of fifty. Did I mention there are fifty threads on page 1 of the Video Games section?

Almost of the members of this site came from the Halo Wars Forum and were well known there. We are all Halo fans, even you were. Just look at your name! I already explained why the Haloverse forum was deleted, ODST was still several months out and everybody hated Halo Wars. There was nothing to discuss in the forum.

It's not a big deal. You're just being an ass and spamming my thread. Now STFU and GTFO (or, I can get LP in here).

If you want a mega thread so much, make one yourself.
fix'd
Other than that I agree more or less.
Ascendant Justice wrote:
CivBase wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:
Dud Doodoo wrote:No, if you don't want Halo to be the main subject on a Halo based forum GTFO, we don't need to cater to the wants of the minority.

Hate to break it to you but this forum is no longer "Halo based". In case you hadnt noticed, the Haloverse section which made this site "Halo based" is now gone.

My, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. You're not going to die if we have five ODST threads.

I'm about to thanks to the many ulcers that are flourishing inside my body.

It's not a big deal. You're just being an ass and spamming my thread. Now STFU or GTFO (or, I can get LP in here).

I may be spamming but that is because after I made one post in here, I was attacked by someone. Thus I am forced to defend myself in a rather childish manner.

Attacked? More like I told you it was a bad idea, and you kept up the argument long after you knew you had lost it. You were also not forced to defend yourself in a childish manner, you could have made far more mature and solid responses.

I'm not making one myself because I don't like the game. Besides, two of those threads revolve around ONE video.

Dud here's your cue to try and prove me wrong again.

If you hate the game so much then why do you bother coming into the threads? The best course of action in that case would to simply ignore them. I agree that the two threads about the same video should be merged, I think I said that somewhere as well.

Death no more wrote:
sargentbilco wrote:
CivBase wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:

My, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. You're not going to die if we have five ODST threads. Whether the site itself is Halo based or not, the members are. Deal with it.

There are six f***ing threads about ODST in page 1 of the Video Games section out of fifty. There are four about Warhammer 40K out of fifty. Did I mention there are fifty threads on page 1 of the Video Games section?

Almost of the members of this site came from the Halo Wars Forum and were well known there. We are all Halo fans, even you are. Just look at your name! I already explained why the Haloverse forum was deleted, ODST was still several months out and everybody hated Halo Wars. There was nothing to discuss in the forum.

It's not a big deal. You're just being an ass and spamming my thread. Now STFU or GTFO (or, I can get LP in here).

wrong incase you cant remember/wasnt here...

the site derived from an ogame forum called spirit of fire
Hmm that sounds familiar oh wait is the fucking ship in HW. This forum is halo based, almost everyone here has been to HWF/came from HWF. Everyone here likes the game.
Except for AJ and Angatar of course.
Ascendant Justice wrote:
CivBase wrote:AJ, I don't care if some of the other ODST threads should be merged.

I never said it was.

If it is not relevant to this argument then why did you post it? Perhaps to serve as a filler to make your post larger than your dwindling arguments can make it alone?
Death no more wrote:Everyone here likes the game.

Wrong. Also Halo Wars is NOT a contribution to the Halo universe in any way shape or form, its a fucking insult to a once great series.

Obviously I will not dispute this, in fact I do not even consider HW to be part of the Halo universe at all.

Ascendant Justice wrote:
Ringleader wrote:AJ is really obnoxious, its impossible to argue or communicate with him, because he will take whatever you say, and torque it into a pretzel, therefore you can never get your point across in the situation because he is intentionally not accepting the obvious meaning of what you are saying. That or he'll take minuscule points you raise and continue to go off on them instead of the main point of the debate, because either he knows his point is moot, or his mentality is to not stay on point, and victory in an argument is tiring your opponent and ending on an idea that has absolutely nothing to do with the original topic, perhaps even, he just wants to cause a ruckus.

I have dealt with his kind before, and the only thing you can do is just ignore him because the only reason he brings these things up (like downing Halo in a predominately Halo thread) so he can feel better about himself, and feel superior, everyone does this at some point or another and then they realize "wow, what an ass I have been", but others just become addicted to it. Proof of AJ being one of these people is that when debating with him, he jumped through the humor escape door, minimalizing the debate as a whole to make him seem better in contrast when he knows he cant really accomplish anything, he might even pull the "Oh your still talking about that? were way past that" manuever. Remember that he does not enter arguments to accomplish things.

So just ignore him, and he will go away.

I tried to read the first paragraph but got distracted by your funny avatar.

tl;dr version please?

AJ is really obnoxious, its impossible to argue or communicate with him, because he will take whatever you say, and torque it into a pretzel

I like this part. If I didn't think my signature was big enough already, I would gladly add it.

I was about to respond to RL saying that you aren't THAT bad, that I have seen your capacity to produce a decent argument every here and there, but seeing that his post describes your reply almost exactly, I take it back. Did you really think dodging everything he says in attempt to be funny would suffice in the place of an actual argument? You are getting worse at this, if I was you I would admit defeat now before I made a total fool out of myself.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:20 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:I don't treat every Halo fanboy like an idiot

you should.

fanboy-ism is destroying video games
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:22 pm

[post deleted for obvious reasons]
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:31 pm

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by XNate02 Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:38 pm

Ok guys lets bring this thread back to a fire fight subject
XNate02
XNate02
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2345
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:40 pm

okay fine we can talk about firefight mode Rolling Eyes

Firefight

Firefighter

Sexy firefighter

;)

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:41 pm

This won't stop until AJ admits defeat or there is a mutual understanding.

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:56 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:I don't treat every Halo fanboy like an idiot

you should.

fanboy-ism is destroying video games
What defines fanboy? Really all fanboy means is a fan of the game, and without fans video games would not exist.

Now if we are speaking about a blind fanboy (the core of the HWF population) that's a bit different.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:57 pm

Avenged wrote:This won't stop until AJ admits defeat or there is a mutual understanding.
Fuck mutual understanding, I don't stop until my opponent admits defeat.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:01 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:
Avenged wrote:This won't stop until AJ admits defeat or there is a mutual understanding.
Fuck mutual understanding, I don't stop until my opponent admits defeat.

No i mean a mutual understanding of you being right Razz

Avenged
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:44 pm

Quarentine teh thread??

seriously why is it every time that theres a thread that might actually seem interesting or worth talking about in even the slightest the topic changes into something completely irrelevant to say the least and I seriously stress that last part.

this thread<<< needs to be locked unless something changes.
JB
JB
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:06 pm

JB wrote:Quarentine teh thread??

seriously why is it every time that theres a thread that might actually seem interesting or worth talking about in even the slightest the topic changes into something completely irrelevant to say the least and I seriously stress that last part.

this thread<<< needs to be locked unless something changes.

I agree

Avenged
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:12 pm

I wouldn't say that fanboyism destroys video games. Ignorant fanboyism does.

I have a good logical understanding of Halo, and I have contributed decent material towards it while being a fan.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:15 pm

*whispers to JB*

"I don't think they understood what you said"

Avenged
Minion