Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SC >>> WH:40k

+22
Lord Pheonix
TNine
Felix
Angatar
Rotaretilbo
Gauz
Rasq'uire'laskar
Yam Head
mcz
Vtrooper
JB
Divine Virus
tiny tim
Elabajaba
kslidz
XNate02
BBJynne
Gold Spartan
KrAzY
Kasrkin Seath
Nocbl2
Ascendant Justice
26 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

SC >>> WH:40k - Page 13 Empty Re: SC >>> WH:40k

Post by Kasrkin Seath Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:52 pm

He's right you know
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:53 pm

TNine wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:Except for the fact that Zerg are near impossible to infect.

inb4omfgisaidif.
Are you just now delibratley (sp?) trying to piss me off?

Yes and I am stating a well known fact at the same time. Marvel at my ability to multitask.

Also its spelled "deliberately".
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:56 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:
TNine wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:Except for the fact that Zerg are near impossible to infect.

inb4omfgisaidif.
Are you just now delibratley (sp?) trying to piss me off?

Yes and I am stating a well known fact at the same time. Marvel at my ability to multitask.

Also its spelled "deliberately".
>.<
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:58 pm

Gold wrote:The Diablo 3 realease date...overhyped. OCtober of 07...it's 09 and we STILL dont know all the classes! Mad
It was ANNOUNCED in 07.
And pushing back the release date is what Blizzard does best. But they have never delivered a game that didn't live up to expectations.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:00 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Gold wrote:The Diablo 3 realease date...overhyped. OCtober of 07...it's 09 and we STILL dont know all the classes! Mad
It was ANNOUNCED in 07.
And pushing back the release date is what Blizzard does best. But they have never delivered a game that didn't live up to expectations.

Unlike EA who releases broken and unbalanced games, then panics as they try to release ten thousand patches to their PC versions.

And not their console versions.....
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:06 pm

I dont really like alot of the new units in SC2 though... SC was so perfectly balanced that the new ones will probably screw it up
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:17 pm

Kasrkin Seath wrote:I dont really like alot of the new units in SC2 though... SC was so perfectly balanced that the new ones will probably screw it up

Only time will time now won't it.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:38 pm

Kasrkin Seath wrote:I dont really like alot of the new units in SC2 though... SC was so perfectly balanced that the new ones will probably screw it up

I think they will work alright. The only thing that worries me is the Thor.

And the Terra-tron (if its still in the game)
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:07 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:

The Terra-tron was an april fools day prank.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:41 pm

TNine wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:Quit being a halo fanboy for five seconds and realize that the flood would get ROFLstomped by the Zerg.

Shit the Xenomorphs from the Alien movies would destroy the flood.
I'm laughing because you absoutley failed at reading my post before replying. You basically said something i ALREADY FUCKING SAID! The Zerg are fucking uninfectable, i said that in my post, it's just that having Zerg win on a technicality like such is...boring.
We know that. It's just that you ENTIRELY changed the Zerg so that they could get infected by the Flood.

Not only do Zerg have heavily armored carapaces, but they have acidic blood, decentralized nervous systems, and they are ALL in communication with the Overmind/Kerrigan.
A Hydralisk sees a Zergling get infected, the Overmind knows that it happens.
More Zerglings and Hydralisks get infected, the Overmind guesses what's going on.
Hydras and Zerglings get withdrawn, Mutas, Brood Lords, and Overlords are sent in.

And Hell, you're talking about a DEFILER getting infected. A Defiler is a walking cancer factory! If a Flood infection unit tries to burrow in, it will be swimming in a pool of acid and caustic proteins.

In any case, since you changed the Zerg to 'make it more interesting', let's change the Flood to make it more interesting.
Either all flood forms under a Proto-Gravemind or a Gravemind die when the gravemind dies, or infection forms cannot venture outside of Flood-warped environment.

Take your choice.

Ascendant Justice wrote:

The Terra-tron was an April Fools joke, genius.
It'll be in the map editor.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:31 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:It'll be in the map editor.

*imagines the possibilities*
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:56 pm

SC2 has basically had a year and a half of completed game play testing to figure out balance

I'm willing to bet it will be as balanced, if not more so, than the original
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
TNine wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:Quit being a halo fanboy for five seconds and realize that the flood would get ROFLstomped by the Zerg.

Shit the Xenomorphs from the Alien movies would destroy the flood.
I'm laughing because you absoutley failed at reading my post before replying. You basically said something i ALREADY FUCKING SAID! The Zerg are fucking uninfectable, i said that in my post, it's just that having Zerg win on a technicality like such is...boring.
We know that. It's just that you ENTIRELY changed the Zerg so that they could get infected by the Flood.
Or entirely changed the Flood so they infect the Zerg o.O

Not only do Zerg have heavily armored carapaces, but they have acidic blood, decentralized nervous systems, and they are ALL in communication with the Overmind/Kerrigan.
Okay fine. Zerg destroy the flood, who cannot use the majority of their army and their only strength.
Now was that any fun? I know that Zerg are uninfectable, but let's just have a thought experiment, is that alright?
More Zerglings and Hydralisks get infected, the Overmind guesses what's going on.
Hydras and Zerglings get withdrawn, Mutas, Brood Lords, and Overlords are sent in.
Except within the first minute of combat, the Zerg would lose an absolute shitload of units, and the flood would gain an absolute shit load of units. Then the Hydras and Lings (and Pure Forms and HW flying forms) would be able to take down the Mutas, Brood Lords, and Overlords (wait, what?), as well as the Ultralisks, and the dead forms can be penetrated and infected.

And Hell, you're talking about a DEFILER getting infected. A Defiler is a walking cancer factory! If a Flood infection unit tries to burrow in, it will be swimming in a pool of acid and caustic proteins.
See above.

In any case, since you changed the Zerg to 'make it more interesting', let's change the Flood to make it more interesting.
The other way was very boring.
Either all flood forms under a Proto-Gravemind or a Gravemind die when the gravemind dies, or infection forms cannot venture outside of Flood-warped environment.

Take your choice.

How does that actually add to this thought experiment? It just limits Flood in a similar way i limited Zerg.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:48 pm

KrAzY wrote:SC2 has basically had a year and a half of completed game play testing to figure out balance

I'm willing to bet it will be as balanced, if not more so, than the original

The beta isn't even out yet lol. Also since you seem like a knowledgeable person, what is this bullshit that I keep hearing about where you "have to be connected to the internet to play single player"?
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:12 pm

tyhn

Last edited by Kasrkin Seath on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:38 pm

Uhhh okay?
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Elabajaba Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:15 pm

Just gonna put this out there, but terran marines use the C-14 Impaler gauss rifle, which fires hypersonic 8mm armor piercing metal spikes, which sound a lot more powerful than the guns in halo, and it takes a lot of bullets from a C-14 to take down a single zergling. Basically, I don't believe that a flood could penetrate a zergling's armor very easily, and zerglings are the weakest zerg unit.

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:13 pm

Oh so we're back to pwning the flood are we?

Well in that case, Zerg have a far superior air force (mutalisks, guardians, devourers, and those new SC2 ones) and frankly, that sad excuse of an air unit that ES added in Halo Wars just wouldn't stand up to them.

The flood ranged forms would stand the best chance at shooting them down.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:43 pm

Marines are the first line of defense for most terran worlds in the Koprulu sector. In the time of the old Confederacy the vast majority of marines were criminals or rebels who had undergone mandatory neural resocialization. Freed from any previous allegiances or ideologies, these fearless soldiers stood ready to defend Confederate interests with their lives. The intake of "resoc" marines has been scaled back in many places since the fall of the Confederacy, but remains a common practice, for there are seldom enough volunteers for the job.

The heavy armor worn by marines is effective against small-arms fire and provides them with full life support and NBC (Nuclear/Biological/Chemical) shielding for operation in deep space and other hostile environments. Ballistic alloy combat shields have also been developed in light of experiences during the Brood War, giving an option to toughen up marines faced with an increasingly lethal battlefield.

Marines are normally armed with C-14 Impaler gauss rifles that fire 8mm metal "spikes" at hypersonic speeds. Basic rounds are designed to provide maximum penetration against all armor types, but a number of specialized rounds exist. Of these, the U-238 depleted uranium spike is the most popular because it extends the lethal range of gauss rifles by up to 25%. To preserve ammunition usage and minimize power requirements, the rifle uses a capacitor system to fire in short, controlled bursts. This flexible sidearm can be used to target both air and ground enemies. Roll out!

If the practice of using resocialized marines has remained controversial, the use of stimpacks is even more of a hot-button subject. These inbuilt chemical delivery systems dose marines with a powerful mix of synthetic adrenaline, endorphins, and a psychotropic aggression enhancer. Marines on stims benefit from greatly increased speed and reflexes, but are subject to long-term side effects including and not limited to insomnia, weight loss, mania/hypomania, seizures, paranoiac hallucinations, internal hemorrhaging, and cerebral deterioration. Nonetheless, both commanders and the marines themselves stand by the use of stims as essential to their continued survival and effectiveness on the battlefield.

As taken from: http://sc2pod.com/wiki/Marine

Say hello to my pet hyrdalisk. His name is Philip. My neighbors didn't like him that much and they tried to kill him. But we took care of that problem didn't we Philip?
SC >>> WH:40k - Page 13 Hydra_portrait
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:34 pm

TNine wrote:Now was that any fun? I know that Zerg are uninfectable, but let's just have a thought experiment, is that alright?
No.
People DIE when I try thought experiments. LOTS of people.

Except within the first minute of combat, the Zerg would lose an absolute shitload of units, and the flood would gain an absolute shit load of units. [/quote]
Only to find out that, although ten thousand infection forms are present, the Zerg routinely bring at least that many Zerglings and Hydralisks to the battle.

The Flood "Barracks" struggle to punch out enough infection forms to keep up with demand, but the strong carapaces of Zerglings and Hydras prevents easy infection.
More Zerglings and Hydras are infected, and even some Overlords.
And yet, the Flood do not demonstrate any miraculous ability to infect from a distance, so Mutas, Guardians, Queens, Brood Lords, and Corruptors largely stay uninfected.

Corruptors and Scourge take care of any infected air units, while Brood Lords, Mutas, and Defilers go to work on the infected units.
Within the hour, the Flood are swarmed. They may be able to turn units against their masters, but they can't deal damage on a massive scale.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:45 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
TNine wrote:Now was that any fun? I know that Zerg are uninfectable, but let's just have a thought experiment, is that alright?
No.
People DIE when I try thought experiments. LOTS of people.

Except within the first minute of combat, the Zerg would lose an absolute shitload of units, and the flood would gain an absolute shit load of units.
Only to find out that, although ten thousand infection forms are present, the Zerg routinely bring at least that many Zerglings and Hydralisks to the battle.

The Flood "Barracks" struggle to punch out enough infection forms to keep up with demand, but the strong carapaces of Zerglings and Hydras prevents easy infection.
More Zerglings and Hydras are infected, and even some Overlords.
And yet, the Flood do not demonstrate any miraculous ability to infect from a distance, so Mutas, Guardians, Queens, Brood Lords, and Corruptors largely stay uninfected.

Corruptors and Scourge take care of any infected air units, while Brood Lords, Mutas, and Defilers go to work on the infected units.
Within the hour, the Flood are swarmed. They may be able to turn units against their masters, but they can't deal damage on a massive scale.[/quote]Except that Infection forms can be pumped at an absoultely ridiculous rate, much quicker than Zerg can pump units. Within the first minute, the majority of the lings and Hydras on the field would be infected. Infection forms are fast and numerous, the Zerg don't have the quick rate of fire and AoE attacks to take care of them, the Zerg would simply be swarmed.

Quickly thinking, the Overmind switches to using Ultras and Air Units but alas, it's too late. The Ultralisk are quickly overwhelmed by Zergling and Thrasher forms, who also make holes near the necks of dead Ultralisks to allow Flood through. The Zerg's air meets fierce infected Hydralisk defense, as well as tons of Swarm Forms (flying forms from HW), and every air unit lost from the Zerg is one gained for the Flood. The Flood use these small grouping to force combat with Zerg's own small grouping, who can either run away and give a few free air units to the Flood, or fight, either quickly demolishing the force or face a losing war of attrition, where even if you slightly out-number the enemy, the loss of every unit is opposing reinforcements. Devourers are great, but can do nothing offensively without risking death from the ground based Hydralisks.

Meanwhile, the Zerg are losing on the ground. While Ultras take are totally immune to the numerous infection forms, they are weak to the many infected lings and the Hydras that the Gravemind may bring to a battle (rarely, they are limited and his main Anti-Air). Gaurdians are also very effective, but can be taken down easily by Swarm forms and the Zerg air force. Several large conflicts occur in the air with Devourers and Guardians and Mutalisks in which the Zerg did tons of damage, winning back a ton of land, however, every fallen Zerg units is a new Flood unit, and with the Swarms as reinforcements, the Zerg simply lost the war of attrition. After a very tough war, the Zerg simply didn't act correctly quickly enough, and lost out. Had the Zerg started with large forces of Ultras, Guardians, Mutalisks, and Devourers, they could totally have won.

BTW, the Zerg are all the Zerg on Char, while the Flood have High Charity and a few other Covenant ships besides, which they promptly crash into the surface. Canon and Units as per Brood War and Halo Wars.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:51 pm

If a Zergs blood is made up of acid would it not be impossible for the flood to stick anything inside of its head to take over? Their pin thing they stick into the neck of any Zerg would be melted making a take over of the body simply not plausible.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

SC >>> WH:40k - Page 13 Empty WH:40K>>> SC

Post by Gold Spartan Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:29 pm

Zerg>flood. It's not even a contest.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:31 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:If a Zergs blood is made up of acid would it not be impossible for the flood to stick anything inside of its head to take over? Their pin thing they stick into the neck of any Zerg would be melted making a take over of the body simply not plausible.

^ That. Also thrasher forms are softer targets than tank forms. Again an ultralisk would cut through about half a dozen of them with one sweep.

Since the main body of the flood's army comes from anything it can infect, the flood would be forced to use nothing but pure forms.

If High Charity crashed into Char, the flood would lose even worse than before. This is the frickin Zerg home world for crying out loud. Expect trillions of Zerg units to be on Char alone, and another several hundred to several thousand to be at the crash site within an hour or two.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:32 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:
Lord Pheonix wrote:If a Zergs blood is made up of acid would it not be impossible for the flood to stick anything inside of its head to take over? Their pin thing they stick into the neck of any Zerg would be melted making a take over of the body simply not plausible.

^ That. Also thrasher forms are softer targets than tank forms. Again an ultralisk would cut through about half a dozen of them with one sweep.

Since the main body of the flood's army comes from anything it can infect, the flood would be forced to use nothing but pure forms.

If High Charity crashed into Char, the flood would lose even worse than before. This is the frickin Zerg home world for crying out loud. Expect trillions of Zerg units to be on Char alone, and another several hundred to several thousand to be at the crash site within an hour or two.
That's just more food for the flood...if anything that's actually a benefit, unless they crash directly into the area where the Ultralisks are bred.

Also, i recall Thrashers taking an absolute beating from my Scorpions on one of the flood levels, it took three tanks to take two thrashers out, losing a tank in the process.

Last edited by TNine on Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next