Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Life series vs. Halo series

+18
Ukurse
Angatar
LH Justin
czar
Felix
Gauz
TNine
PiEdude
KrAzY
Nocbl2
Toaster
Rasq'uire'laskar
MrX
Ziggy
Divine Virus
Rotaretilbo
BBJynne
Zaki90
22 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Half Life series vs. Halo series

Half Life series vs. Halo series - Page 4 Vote_lcap28%Half Life series vs. Halo series - Page 4 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 9 ]
Half Life series vs. Halo series - Page 4 Vote_lcap47%Half Life series vs. Halo series - Page 4 Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 15 ]
Half Life series vs. Halo series - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Half Life series vs. Halo series - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Half Life series vs. Halo series - Page 4 Vote_lcap25%Half Life series vs. Halo series - Page 4 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 32

Half Life series vs. Halo series - Page 4 Empty Re: Half Life series vs. Halo series

Post by Angatar Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:42 pm

I declare Ukurse blind, deaf, dumb. He cannot possibly be talking about Halo: Combat Evolved.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Half Life series vs. Halo series - Page 4 Empty Re: Half Life series vs. Halo series

Post by Ukurse Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:44 pm

Angatar wrote:I declare Ukurse blind, deaf, dumb. He cannot possibly be talking about Halo: Combat Evolved.
No, I am talking about how Halo:First strike was a boring Novel to play...

Of coarse I am talking about Combat Evolved, it was just a dull game.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:07 pm

Ukurse wrote:
Angatar wrote:I declare Ukurse blind, deaf, dumb. He cannot possibly be talking about Halo: Combat Evolved.

Reasons? List all of them.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:26 pm

Angatar wrote:
Ukurse wrote:

Reasons? List all of them.
It wasn't a terrible game and there were not many bad things about it, but it is terrible compared to what it is hyped up to be.
It just got boring quick.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:46 pm

Ukurse is now dead to me, and what hype are you talking about?
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:51 pm

Halo CE was hyped?

I wasn't aware of the game until months after it's release.

Halo 3 was Overhyped.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:00 pm

Vigil wrote:Halo CE was hyped?

I wasn't aware of the game until months after it's release.

Halo 3 was Overhyped.
Sorry, hyped was the wrong word.

I meant to say "but it is terrible compared to the greatness it is said to obtain by all of its many fans".

Although I think it was hyped, but not evenh nearly to the extent of Halo 2 or 3. Like you, I didn't hear of the game until a while later, so I am not to sure.

Last edited by Ukurse on Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:06 pm

So I think you're trying to say, it's not as good as people claim it is.

That's your opinion. I think it's a very good game, and it's still as strong as it was back then.

Go back and play it again. See what you think of it now.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:30 pm

Vigil wrote:So I think you're trying to say, it's not as good as people claim it is.

That's your opinion. I think it's a very good game, and it's still as strong as it was back then.

Go back and play it again. See what you think of it now.
MY OPINION:

levels were linear.
Almost all weapons were boring.
Lack or strat, options, replayabilty, and innovation.
Music was one part that I was amazed by.
Graphics in all game don't really have an impact on me.
Story was good aswell but I don't play games for storylines.

The gameplay was standard, which is what matters in games.
You play Games for Gameplay, not fancy storylines, Music, or Graphics, althought they do help, they don't make the game.

If I was going to rate it I would have given it a 6/10, bearly above average, but still above average.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:31 pm

I really don't understand what you're talking about. I mean, of the three Halo games, Halo: Combat Evolves was easily the best, story-wise. Halo 2 was, in my opinion, the absolute worst, and Halo 3 was somewhere in the middle. But let's examine this.

Halo: Combat Evolved introduces the game as a typical human vs alien science fiction shooter. The game starts with some fighting inside a ship, but then lands you on a more open environment. The game offers a small variety of weapons, ranging from rockets to bullets to orbs of plasma. It introduces a variety of vehicles that you must fight, each one being very different from the rest. Then, out of nowhere, ZOMBIES! That first mission where you have to blow your way out of the little structure Keyes was in was absolutely amazing. Not to mention that fighting the Flood offered a huge change of pace. Hardly anything repetitive about the game when it suddenly, out of nowhere, throws an enemy at you that you are hardly prepared for. The Library was similarly spectacular. And then, it throws you back at the Covenant, and then at both at once. Not to mention you have to start fighting Sentinels, a third major change in pace. The ending is spectacular, with all local conflicts resolved but the global conflict between the humans and the Covenant left intact.

Halo 2 was alright. It offered a few changes in pace, like the Brutes and playing as the Arbiter, but nothing as major as what the first game did. However, the huge strike against this one was that horrible cliff hanger. It was like they forgot to add a proper ending. Of the like five major local conflicts, only one is resolved, and two or three new ones are added.

Halo 3 was really repetitive. The Pure Forms only served to be annoying, and four player co-op with no penalties for player deaths on Legendary made the game cake to beat.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:16 am

I would reply to that, but I would pretty much just be saying what I previously said, but in more detail.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:21 am

Ukurse wrote:I would reply to that, but I would pretty much just be saying what I previously said, but in more detail.
"I don't like this."
"Why not?"
"It tastes bad."
"What tastes bad?"
"I would reply to that, but I would be pretty much be saying what I previously said, but in more detail."

Horrible answer, try again.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:32 am

And what, exactly, have you previously said? From what I can tell, you called Halo: Combat Evolved "boring and repetitive," which I addressed in my post. You also said Halo: Combat Evolved had a "horrible campaign," which I also addressed in my post. Other than that, you've offered no reasoning behind your dislike of Halo: Combat Evolved over Halo 2 and Halo 3.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:02 pm

I'm doing a Half-Life 2 marathon.

Race ya!

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:49 pm

Rot wins, Halo: CE is the best Halo.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:05 pm

Cheese wrote:I'm doing a Half-Life 2 marathon.

Race ya!

I'll race ya...

12 p.m. tommorow.

Last edited by Zaki90 on Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:09 pm

But! But I'm bored now!

Tell you what, I'm out all day tomorrow. So I'll have tonight and you can have tomorrow.

We counting ep one and two?

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:14 pm

Cheese wrote:But! But I'm bored now!

Tell you what, I'm out all day tomorrow. So I'll have tonight and you can have tomorrow.

We counting ep one and two?
I have both. I'll stick with Half Life 2 for tommorow. Maybe the rest later.

K (about me having tommorow)

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:56 pm

Ukurse wrote:The gameplay was standard, which is what matters in games.
You play Games for Gameplay, not fancy storylines, Music, or Graphics, althought they do help, they don't make the game.

If I was going to rate it I would have given it a 6/10, bearly above average, but still above average.
I guess I owe you an apology for thinking you were "Special".
It was an image fostered by this belief, along with the fact that I've never agreed with you, you're overly passive, and you were going around for a while with an avatar of a sloth, which went well with the 'special' mentality.

I disagree with you. Saying that you play games for gameplay is like watching movies for all teh fancey exploshuns! Sure, good choreography and action scenes make a movie better, but they aren't the most important part.

Rotaretilbo wrote:Halo 2 was alright. It offered a few changes in pace, like the Brutes and playing as the Arbiter, but nothing as major as what the first game did. However, the huge strike against this one was that horrible cliff hanger. It was like they forgot to add a proper ending. Of the like five major local conflicts, only one is resolved, and two or three new ones are added.
Meh, I kinda liked the Halo 2 campaign, just not as much as Halo CE.
The Master Chief parts were meh, but I thought that the Arbiter offered a 75% difference from the original game.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:50 am

Ah, but you make a key mistake, Ukurse. You play games for gameplay first, but plot second. Games are, after all, at their core, a media like books and movies, designed not only to entertain, but to involve a player in a story. Besides, Halo 2's gameplay was hardly a step up from Halo 2's. Dual wielding was cool, but the content included verse the content removed really hurt dual wielding, since very few of the dual wieldable weapons were...fun, except Needlers.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:07 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:wielding was cool, but the content included verse the content removed really hurt dual wielding, since very few of the dual wieldable weapons were...fun, except Needlers.

Dual wielding is what CAUSED those weapons to suck. They took out the assault rifle, destroyed the needler, and ruined the pistol... all for dual wielding.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:19 am

Yeah...

The needler was overpowered
The AR was gone
The pistol was shit compared to what it was (Why would the UNSC switch??)
BR got boring without full auto
SMG's was a spray n pray
blargh

could go on about most weapons.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:21 am

Gauz wrote:[talking about Halo2] The needler was overpowered.

what?

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:22 am

>.>
<.<

Two needlers

Seven needles to blow someones ass up
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:23 am

I always thought it sucked.

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum