Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One of the main reasons why I will never play WOW.

+13
KrAzY
KristallNacht
Esruku
Gauz
noir
Felix
Ascendant Justice
Yam Head
BBJynne
Nocbl2
Toaster
capn qwerty
Vigil
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

One of the main reasons why I will never play WOW. - Page 2 Empty Re: One of the main reasons why I will never play WOW.

Post by BBJynne Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:35 pm

KristallNacht wrote:Hell, despite WoW being all about 'War's and shit, EVE still boasts the record for longest virtual war and largest virtual war.

The Great Northern War between the RedSwarm Alliance and Band of Brothers consumed over half the galaxy, lasted 2 1/2 years and affected over 250,000 players directly.

That's because WoW doesn't focus on World PvP

it uses battlegrounds (they're alright) and arenas (which are shit imo)

mostly it's a PvE game though

BUT sometimes people do go forth and attack enemy cities, and that's always fun when it happens

and anyways, the only reason why WoW will be better than any other MMO is that there is

the Ashbringer...

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

One of the main reasons why I will never play WOW. - Page 2 Empty Re: One of the main reasons why I will never play WOW.

Post by Vigil Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:02 pm

I just don't see the appeal in an MMO.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kslidz Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:51 pm

KrAzY wrote:WoW certainly isn't bad

I play it casually... as long as you don't let it consume your life then it is a fun game... 97% of people who play the game are just normal folks who pop in for a few hours a week and do a few quests... its only a very small percentage who get sucked in past the PONR where they freak out if they can't play.

and face it ALL videogames have obsessive people who play them... remember that kid who ran away and died because his CoD4 was taken away?

and do I even need to mention south korea and starcraft?

same i have a n active account and havent played in about 4 days i am no where close to obbssessed and it is not unhealthy if you are the type of person where it becomes unhealthy dont play

i am very excited about swtor and will try and sell my wow account close to when it comes out

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:07 pm

I didnt have high hopes for swtor until I saw the decieved trailer. Now I'm hoping it can be as good as LOTRO.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by kslidz Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:10 pm

as good as lotro

its made by bioware they dont make shit
get that in your mind

it will be awesome

btw did anyone see one of the interviews where he was saying making a story line

then says

" and making hundreds of hours of gameplay and variations depending on light or dark for each class is taking a long time"

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:40 pm

God I swear after seeing that trailer I feel like I'm going to be let down. but then again it is Bioware, so it stands a chance.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:12 pm

Nocbl2 wrote: What...the...fuck...

The GoonSwarms logo is a bee in a military helmet, since the philosophy of the group is to fight against the people just going through the motions in the world. Just mining all day, just doing PvE all day, all the carebears really. Basically comparing those individuals to bees in a hive that live but are never alive.

So GoonSwarm actually does things to purposefully disrupt the carebear industries. Like smart bombing mining (and hi security) areas to destroy mining vessels.

Basically that video is 'propaganda' for GS and GF
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by noir Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:33 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:God I swear after seeing that trailer I feel like I'm going to be let down. but then again it is Bioware, so it stands a chance.

Stands a chance of more securom protection? HA HA!
noir
noir
Minion

Female Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:34 pm

So they derive their fun by going out of their way to piss other players off? Sounds very nice of them.

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by noir Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:44 pm

Its more because EVE online is taken fairly seriously by its players, so they are easier to annoy than most.

Last edited by noir on Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
noir
noir
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:47 pm

their is more philosophy to it.

Plus in EVE, its not griefing since CCP totally supports it. The only thing that the game allows that CCP doesn't like is people truly Macro mining.

Nothing about the ambushes, assassinations, baiting, smartbombing, or pyramid schemes.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by capn qwerty Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:35 pm

Macro mining?
capn qwerty
capn qwerty
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2736

Back to top Go down

Post by noir Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:50 pm

People who aren't actually 'there' as in at their computer. They are like bots in any other mmorpg, but the awesome thing about eve is you can really go all vigilante on them in style.
noir
noir
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:15 pm

no Macro mining isn't that, Macro mining is about having a specific group of players absorb entire systems' asteroids in a short period.

in this case Macro = large, not macro = automated keystrokes
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by noir Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:10 am

Got me there; well I always found the miners damn annoying anyway... f****** price crashes on rare minerals...
noir
noir
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:23 am

haha

another reason WoW is better.

a real world economy.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:29 am

KristallNacht wrote:haha

another reason WoW is better.

a real world economy.

Did I read this correctly?

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:09 pm

if anything that is runescape, and that is bad in a whole new caliber.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by noir Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:28 pm

Wait...uh, NT, I think you..messed up.
noir
noir
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:06 pm

noir wrote:Wait...uh, NT, I think you..messed up.

this is true lol

i meant eve is better

>.>
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2