Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Left For Dead 2

+29
Rotaretilbo
czar
Barbbachello
Lord Pheonix
Ukurse
Divine Virus
JB
Ascendant Justice
mcz
Avenged
XNate02
T-Bone
Nocbl2
Ringleader
Dud Doodoo
CivBase
TNine
KrAzY
Wolverfrog49
MrX
Yam Head
KristallNacht
Toaster
Angatar
capn qwerty
Gauz
Felix
Cheese
Vigil
33 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Left For Dead 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by Ascendant Justice Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:40 pm

Left 6 Alive.

M I DOIN IT RITE GUIEZ???
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:41 pm

Judging by how games are going nowadays, yes.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:46 pm

sargentbilco wrote:correction...

L4D2 = MW2

Except for the part where the gameplay is better and more replayable, the game is modifiable, the game has dedicated servers, the game won't cost extra money for no reason, and Valve is generally better about DLC and support. But other than that, sure.

Felix wrote:somehow the L4D 2 demo got on my steam account, so maybe I'll try it later.

It automatically was added to everyone's Steam account.

Ascendant Justice wrote:Random story here. Being my first time playing a L4D game, I didnt know what a witch was (or what it does) so I was a little bewildered to see a zombie slowly walking towards us without attacking. Anyways I walked up to it, looked at it, and took a swing at it with my frying pan. The fucking thing screamed in my face and knocked me to the ground.

Rather startling.

I suppose the witch isn't in the opening trailer thing for L4D2 then? (I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet)
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrX Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:38 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:
sargentbilco wrote:correction...

L4D2 = MW2

Except for the part where the gameplay is better and more replayable, the game is modifiable, the game has dedicated servers, the game won't cost extra money for no reason, and Valve is generally better about DLC and support. But other than that, sure.

Felix wrote:somehow the L4D 2 demo got on my steam account, so maybe I'll try it later.

It automatically was added to everyone's Steam account.

Ascendant Justice wrote:Random story here. Being my first time playing a L4D game, I didnt know what a witch was (or what it does) so I was a little bewildered to see a zombie slowly walking towards us without attacking. Anyways I walked up to it, looked at it, and took a swing at it with my frying pan. The fucking thing screamed in my face and knocked me to the ground.

Rather startling.

I suppose the witch isn't in the opening trailer thing for L4D2 then? (I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet)

im sorry have you played MW2???
MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Yam Head Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:47 pm

For the steam demo is it one of those 2 day ones? Or I can keep it?
Yam Head
Yam Head
Minion

Male Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:00 pm

sargentbilco wrote:im sorry have you played MW2???

I didn't know I had to have played a game to know that it wasn't modifiable or didn't have dedicated servers, or that it was specifically engineered with replayability in mind by creating an amazing AI Director to ensure that every time you play the level, it is different. The only assertion I made that would require me to play MW2 to make is that gameplay is better, but really, L4D2 gameplay will be very similar to L4D gameplay, and MW2 gameplay will be extremely similar to MW gameplay, and frankly, L4D gameplay is better than MW gameplay. If nothing else, I'd point out a ranking system that awards good play by making good players better (because they need the boost, right?[/sarcasm]). Not to mention that I'm sure there will be perks that will be so powerful that everyone will either run them or boycott them, like Juggernaut, Stopping Power, and Martyrdom (God damned fucking Martyrdom!). Sure, the storyline might be cool, but that's probably because it's been a while since a 007 game was released.

I mean, I'm sure you're probably a console gamer, and so you have no idea what the game industry is really about, or else you wouldn't be defending a game like MW2, but your ignorance has no place here. Spend your money and support Activision's desire to spike the prices on games without cause or take any shred of power away from the customer for the hell of it, but don't you come in here and tell me that I have to play that shit to understand what it's doing to the industry, and the consequences it will have on us consumers.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:05 pm

How about we all boycott both L6D and MW2 and we all get Mass Effect 2?
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:27 pm

Overruled, l4d2 is arseome Razz
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by MrX Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:35 pm

rot

i worship valve and im a pc gamer...

but in my opinion MW2 = L4D2

they are equally good games
MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:37 pm

Angatar wrote:How about we all boycott both L6D and MW2 and we all get Mass Effect 2?
When does Mass Effect 2 come out?
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:41 pm

Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:34 pm

Holy God this game is orgasmic...

Played it at my friends house for 3 hours straight, and the 2nd campaign is harder than hell on normal! It was fricken amazing.

Jockeys are the most annoying thing I have ever seen, especially when your running to turn off a roller coster, an acid spitter is blocking your path and the damn thing runs you back to the start right when you get to the end.

Also when you activate a horde they don't stop coming and progressively bring more and more zombies until you can't move and die. Solution? chainsaws, grenade launchers/explosive rounds, and boomer bile.

All I gotta say is this game was 100% worth the wait, time, and money, and the most amazing part is they did it in a year (with respect that alot of the things in this game were going to be in the first one). Great game guys, gotta get it.
JB
JB
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:31 am

I have to say that I still like the guard tower section from the demo. It still gets annoying though when I power my way towards the tower, climb the first ladder, then get pounced by a hunter and killed because idiot teammates are taking their time getting to me.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziggy Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:36 am

Ascendant Justice wrote:I have to say that I still like the guard tower section from the demo. It still gets annoying though when I power my way towards the tower, climb the first ladder, then get pounced by a hunter and killed because idiot teammates are taking their time getting to me.

Yeah, you've pretty much summarised the entire team coordination of any L4D match. Alternatively, replace hunter with smoker and you've got the same scenario of incompetent team mates who do not know how to save you.

L4D2 though, I don't think is worth $80 or so in Australia. It's almost like a DLC. You get nothing more than the original provides other than a new campaign, a couple of new special infected, and melee weapons. That's something that should have been offered in a free DLC, or even $20, not a new $80 standalone game. I mean, look at TF2. Look at how much they've added to that over the last two years, and nobody had to pay a cent for any of that.
Ziggy
Ziggy
Minion

Male Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:32 am

Ziggy wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:I have to say that I still like the guard tower section from the demo. It still gets annoying though when I power my way towards the tower, climb the first ladder, then get pounced by a hunter and killed because idiot teammates are taking their time getting to me.

Yeah, you've pretty much summarised the entire team coordination of any L4D match. Alternatively, replace hunter with smoker and you've got the same scenario of incompetent team mates who do not know how to save you.

L4D2 though, I don't think is worth $80 or so in Australia. It's almost like a DLC. You get nothing more than the original provides other than a new campaign, a couple of new special infected, and melee weapons. That's something that should have been offered in a free DLC, or even $20, not a new $80 standalone game. I mean, look at TF2. Look at how much they've added to that over the last two years, and nobody had to pay a cent for any of that.

Yeah I do agree that is bullshit, but I do disagree that the game isn't worth the money. Should they have put it in a new DLC? Probably, but the fact still remains that it is a ripoff (in a sense) there is alot of new aspects they added into it. Now they did have these for L4D but for some reason didn't add any of them in... Which is why I sold the first game because it wasn't exactly replayable. The main things I dont like about it are the fact that the AI is dumber than shit still, and the fact that you have to buy a brand new game. Is this going to change it? No.
JB
JB
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by MrX Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:26 am

its a million times fun/funnier than MW2 and has a really fun yet balanced game play... (i love teh walking witch lol)
MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:54 pm

Ziggy wrote:L4D2 though, I don't think is worth $80 or so in Australia. It's almost like a DLC. You get nothing more than the original provides other than a new campaign, a couple of new special infected, and melee weapons. That's something that should have been offered in a free DLC, or even $20, not a new $80 standalone game. I mean, look at TF2. Look at how much they've added to that over the last two years, and nobody had to pay a cent for any of that.

New campaigns, new weapons, melee weapons, new objects, new special infected, and an upgrade to the engine to help handle more zombies on screen at once. That's like a whole bunch of DLCs, which would likely all total up to the $45 USD they're selling it for anyway.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:59 pm

plus the new maps and the fact that the maps change constantly right?
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:08 pm

Oh, yes, I forgot to mention the changing nature of the maps.

Also, that record player with Jonathon Coulton's Re: Your Brains. I would pay full price just for that. Very Happy
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:24 pm

ALL WE WANT TO DO IS EAT YOUR BRAINS!

We're not unreasonable, we not going to eat your eyes.

Razz
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:54 pm

ALL WE WANT TO DO IS EAT YOUR BRAINZ!

We're at an impasse here, maybe we should compromise.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:29 pm

Ouvre nous la porte
K’on puisse vous choper pour vous bouffer l’cerveau

which of course is part of Re Vos Cerveaux... his french version

probably the worst translated song of all time

Spoiler:
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:20 pm

I have beaten the whole game and it is freakin great, there's a level where it downpours every 5 minutes and a horde comes during that time that of which you can only see about 15 feet infront of you and you move very slow on the ground so you have to stay above ground to get anywhere.

Also (heed this warning) THERE ARE A TON OF WHICHES ON THAT LEVEL!

There's a part of that mission where I counted 8 whiches in the level on the way there and 4 on the way back, and yes we killed all of them. They are everywhere.
JB
JB
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:33 pm

I just wish my PC met min requirements. :S
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:51 am

KrAzY wrote:Ouvre nous la porte
K’on puisse vous choper pour vous bouffer l’cerveau

which of course is part of Re Vos Cerveaux... his french version

probably the worst translated song of all time

Spoiler:

I don't know.....Sharkiria's first U.S Song was pretty bad. (I've forgoten what it's called, becuase I seriously don't care about her music)

I think the highlight lyrics were:

'Thank you for my breasts so small and humble, so you don't confuse them...with mountains'

Very Happy
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next