Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken Steel.

+3
KristallNacht
Ukurse
Vigil
7 posters

Go down

Broken Steel. Empty Broken Steel.

Post by Vigil Tue May 05, 2009 6:41 pm

I bet you're tired of me talking about this by now, but this is the last I'm going to touch on it.

I downloaded the Fallout 3 DLC Broken Steel today and I wanted to bring you my thoughts on it.

As you may not know, this DLC alters the ending of the game, raising the level cap and allowing your to continue the game. I also noticed when I went through the final assault again, that some of the enemies were the new Enclave troops, wearing the new hellbringer armour.

I managed to get through the story part of the game and I have to say it was very good. There is only three main missions, but they took me about 4-5 hours to complete them, and some of the new weapony are just beastly. The Tesla Cannon and Heavy Incinerator being my pick of the bunch.

Not to say that these new weapons made the whole thing easy, the enmies were very tough and could absorb tons of damage. The new Feral Ghoul Reavers eing dwonright terrifying. A near perfect condition combat shotgun with 100 small guns skill, and it barely grazed him. I had about 70 stimpacks before Broken Steel and I was down to about 15 by it's conclusion.

I have to say that the final mission, 'Who dares wins' is the crown jewel being a 30 minute battle rising from underground tunnels, to an Encalve infested airbase to a massive Enclave Mobile base. The end of the mission also being spectular fireworks show.

Unfortunately, like the other Fallout 3 DLC, it does have some bugs. I noticed some missing screenery and screen tearing issues when approaching Project Purity after the fighting. Also I seem to have suffered a werid glitch, where I unlocked the achievements for completing the new mission, but my gamerscore didn't increase, and my guide still hasn't added the new achievements unless I look through the entire of list of achievements for Fallout 3, where they then appear.

To conclude, despite these problems, I would still recommend anyone who has Fallout 3 to get this DLC as it solves the issues of the ending( To a degree I must admit) and gives you a very good expansion. The issues will most likely be quickly patched, So I would grab it in the coming weeks.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Broken Steel. Empty Re: Broken Steel.

Post by Ukurse Tue May 05, 2009 11:02 pm

Sounds very interesting, if only I had Fallout 3... Sad
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed May 06, 2009 12:42 am

maybe i'll pirate it for my pirated fallout 3.....

oce i'm done with Riddick and L4D.....which may be a while...
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Wed May 06, 2009 6:53 pm

The dlc is pretty fun, has some good challenges, and the section in the presidential subway was pure win. Playing it right now and have just gotten the tesla cannon.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Wed May 06, 2009 7:11 pm

KristallNacht wrote:maybe i'll pirate it for my pirated fallout 3.....

oce i'm done with Riddick and L4D.....which may be a while...

Please stop making me angry.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Wed May 06, 2009 7:18 pm

yeah, i got it the day it came out, and i was like UBER PWNGE at first lol, then Liberty prime got blown to fuck (sorry if i ruined that for anyone, but its like the first thing you see anyway). and when i got to the new Feral Ghouls, i didnt even notice it till i hear this shrill cry from behind me as my companion was killed with ease O_o, and the last thing i saw of it was its leg going behind the corner, and when i went over there the freakin thing killed me lol 5 hits (playing on hard)
but id have to say those one things (cant remember the name) from the pit scared the shit outa me, just cause they snuck up on ya all the damn time, jumping off of those pipes is not a fun thing when your trying to get that uber laser shotty
JB
JB
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed May 06, 2009 8:37 pm

ReconToaster wrote:

what? you're mad because i have nice things?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Thu May 07, 2009 4:13 am

KristallNacht wrote:
ReconToaster wrote:

what? you're mad because i have nice things?

If everyone behaved like you, there would be no nice things at all. So not only are you leeching (literally) of the games industry, you are also forcing customers to not only support your thefts, but also pay extra so the developer can make the amount it needs - and Mr Toaster is a member of the latter group.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Thu May 07, 2009 8:49 am

Cheese wrote:
If everyone behaved like you, there would be no nice things at all. So not only are you leeching (literally) of the games industry, you are also forcing customers to not only support your thefts, but also pay extra so the developer can make the amount it needs - and Mr Toaster is a member of the latter group.

would customers have to support my non-purchases too?

I pirate what I won't buy. and considering how little money i have. I won't buy very much.

So technically, no one is losing any money.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Thu May 07, 2009 11:38 am

NT wrote:I pirate what I won't buy.

You seem interested enough to take the time to download the DLC. Saying that you would not otherwise purchase it is bulshit. In a world with piracy, there's no way for you to determine what you would otherwise get.

I'm sure if you had no means of getting these games for free, you would have purcahsed a lot more of them by now.

Either way, you are getting entertainment from a product that you are not paying for.... and that's what's wrong here.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Thu May 07, 2009 11:40 am

ReconToaster wrote:
NT wrote:I pirate what I won't buy.

I'm sure if you had no means of getting these games for free, you would have purcahsed a lot more of them by now.

Either way, you are getting entertainment from a product that you are not paying for.... and that's what's wrong here.

I was gonna make the same point.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down