Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do they grow them stupid down South or what?

+4
Lord Pheonix
Dud Doodoo
Nocbl2
Rasq'uire'laskar
8 posters

Go down

Do they grow them stupid down South or what? Empty Do they grow them stupid down South or what?

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:59 pm

Notice: I live in Washington, so "Down South" means California.

And here, I was happy because Representative Carolyn "Shoulder thing that goes up" McCarthy is retiring, but I guess the stupidity just goes on and on and on and on...
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Do they grow them stupid down South or what? Empty Re: Do they grow them stupid down South or what?

Post by Nocbl2 Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:29 pm

I'm depressed by my state's idiocy sometimes, especially when it comes to our legislature.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Do they grow them stupid down South or what? Empty Re: Do they grow them stupid down South or what?

Post by Dud Doodoo Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:28 pm

I suppose I'm now a resident of this state, sadly. Stuck here with all these garbage ass hollywood Marines.

Like NT.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:40 pm

So, apparently the stupidity lasts for more than twenty minutes. How the legislature survived without suffering a mass aneurysm is beyond me.

So, let's see how far I can get into this.

00:00 “Tomorrow in the senate safety public  committee I will introduce legislation to ban the sale, the manufacture, the purchase, and trafficking of plastic and self-assembled firearms also known as Ghost Guns in California.”

Whoop de doo, another gun law they'll never be able to enforce. Be sure to make murder extra illegal while you're at it.

00:23 “…advances in technology specifically 3D printers using digital blueprints can now make plastic fully functional guns that can slip through metal detectors and x-ray machines in airports and elsewhere…”

Speaking as an engineering major who just wrote a paper on 3D printing technology, screw you.
-If the plastic is dense enough to survive the first shot, it's dense enough to show up in an X-ray machine. "Invisible plastic guns" is and has always been a myth.
-These guns are far from being fully functional. They're bulky and cumbersome because they use plastic to a job for metal.
-There's laser sintering machines that can make guns that are indistinguishable from normally-manufactured firearms. But those machines cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. Oh, and the guns are made out of metal, so they show up in X-ray machines and metal detectors.

00:40 "...The threat is real. We're even beginning to see an emerging industry and market for ghost guns."

Oh, and you're going to ban them just like alcohol and drugs! Aren't you precious?

00:45 “…they are being produced without serial numbers or records of sell. No one knows that they exist until after a crime has been committed. ”

Call me when one has been used in a crime, darling.
In fact, call me when tracing a serial number leads to the guy who committed the crime, not the owner whose gun was stolen five years ago.

Oh, wait, I think I recall a case where tracing the serial numbers led back to the crooks. Big crime, if I recall. "Operation Fast and Furious".
But I guess that, since the only victims were Mexicans and gun store owners, you don't give an airborne fornication about bringing the culprits to justice.

01:00 “…the firearms are called Ghost Guns because they do not have serial numbers and the owners have not undergone background check because nobody even knows that they exist."

Oh, I think I understand now. A serial number is actually a magical pentagram. When powered by the body heat of an evildoer, it broadcasts the location and intent of the user to the local police department.

01:11: "…Also 3d-printed guns may have detachable metal pieces and be slipped pass metal detectors…”

Yeah, but can the cartridges? Those have brass casings and a lead bullet, right?

01:20 “…new technology that makes manufacturing guns available to the general public also raises questions about whether homemade guns are made by dangerous individuals."

Oh, I suppose it raises questions, just like your speech raises questions as to how you earned your GED. But come back and pass a law when you have answers, not just questions.

01:30 "…To be legal under SB 808 the measure that will be introducing tomorrow in the Senate Public Safety Committee Ghost Guns will have to be registered with the Department justice three serial number and a gun owner background check …”

How many criminals are going to register their guns?
So, some critter gets caught a'murdering, and gets another five or ten years added to his sentence for using an unregistered gun, because that's more morally reprehensible than using an unregistered gun. How many of those extra years is this scumbag going to serve?

Are you guys going to let him out a few years early to make room in your overcrowded jails for more scofflaws?

02:22 “…the threat is broader than 3d guns we need to make sure that homemade guns do not fall into the hands dangerous criminals and the mentally unstable. With that, I want to show the process for creating a ghost gun which is quite shockingly simple…”

I'd be tempted to listen to you if criminals and the mentally unstable weren't already obtaining firearms from sources you've failed to stop for the past twenty years.

And that's as far as I care to go. Ugh.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:55 pm

Can someone shoot him with a gun printed from a 3-D printer?

The world would be a better place.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:01 pm

That would make him right and a martyr that gets the bill passed.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:01 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:That would make him right and a martyr that gets the bill passed.
Exactly. If you're going to do it, do it with a gun that's been cobbled together in someone's garage from stuff you can buy at convenience stores and hardware shops.

Or just spend money and time with activist groups to beat him at his own game, and block these laws from getting passed.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:07 pm

Or just kill him with a nail gun. See if they try to pass a bill to ban those.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:19 pm

Felix wrote:Or just kill him with a nail gun.  See if they try to pass a bill to ban those.
How about a papercut to the throat?

They can't ban paper.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:51 am

Hey, of course ALL criminals register their guns! No crime has every been committed with an unregistered firearm! That's why no laws differentiate between committing the crime with a registered vs unregistered weapon, because they are always registered...

oh wait.....nevermind....only law abiding citizens register there guns...and concealed carry of a nonregistered firearm is a different crime than concealed carry of a registered firearm....

I love it when people want to make laws that shouldn't exist because the laws already exist to make it illegal.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:08 am

They should just make killing people illegal and solve all the problems at once.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:40 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:They should just make killing people illegal and solve all the problems at once.
I for one, back this man up!
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tylertlat Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:11 pm

Ruski wrote:
Lord Pheonix wrote:They should just make killing people illegal and solve all the problems at once.

Huh, a system that punishes perpetrators of crimes instead of people who don't want crimes. How the fuck didn't we think of this earlier?
Tylertlat
Tylertlat
Architect of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:24 pm

Tylertlat wrote:
Ruski wrote:
Huh, a system that punishes perpetrators of crimes instead of people who don't want crimes. How the fuck didn't we think of this earlier?
Sounds like you want the terrorists and gangsters to win, citizen.
For our safety (The officer's, not yours) we must treat everyone as guilty until proven innocent. But remember, the police are here for your protection. You don't need to defend yourself. In fact, carrying a loaded gun is the gateway crime to committing murder!
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down