Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Afterlife

+11
Ringleader
RX
Elabajaba
KrAzY
Felix
TNine
tiny tim
A_Bearded_Swede
Gauz
Lord Pheonix
BBJynne
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Afterlife - Page 2 Empty Re: Afterlife

Post by Tylertlat Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:57 pm

The best afterlife, fictional or real, would be eternal. At least to me, the boredom of paradise would be far better than the existential terror of your impending cessation of existence. Also consider that the Abrahamic religions at least quanitify everything with ∞. Lord Pheonix is ∞, The afterlife is ∞ long, and it will take ∞ time to get bored of it. The Infinite monkey theorem doesn't force you to take every possible action, it allows it, so individuals could still identify themselves based on their actions. but anyway

My favorite afterlife to think about is an amalgamation of where Jesus said there are many rooms in his mansion and something like a supernatural form of Ring's virtual reality. Eevery individual has their own fisher-space (that is, an area created to be the best fitted to the person, like an outdoorsy person sleeping under a waterfall, a literary person living in and roaming the halls of a great library, ect.)and is allowed to engage in scenarios of their choosing.

I've always thought of Hell as being an atheist in a world of assholes. No lake of fire or anything, just the universe as we know it, polluted and headed towards entropy, but with none of the positive aspects of religion or faith.
Tylertlat
Tylertlat
Architect of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:43 pm

The beauty of life is experience. The universe is infinite, even with eternal life you would not be able to experience everything.

I value what i only have for a bit, but i still value what i will have forever. Some may be prepared to leave existence, but only because of the futility of fighting the inevitable, not because life is no longer worth living.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:45 pm

I would gladly kill you all for immortality.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:21 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:I would gladly kill you all for immortality.
More accurate?
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:17 pm

I like Ring's idea. Basically existence as you see fit. Like... living in your favorite world! It'd be like normal existence in this world, except not because you're in a fictional one.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Tylertlat Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:40 pm

AS much as I like Ring's Idea, it'd be as depressing or more so than simple eternal existence. A universe as you see fit, there'd be no real challenge. Any obsticle that you could normally triumph over would be there only because you hadn't whisked it away. Even if you left a difficulty in your chosen scenario, you could share that existance with anyone else, as they'd either wisk away the hardship themselves or be unfairly burdened by your need to have a challenge. I may have thought about this scenario before...
Tylertlat
Tylertlat
Architect of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:04 pm

WWell, I thought it would be like this life... like that world but a different story.

Not like you created it. Just you lived in it. And all it's rules apply.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:17 pm

TNine wrote:The beauty of life is experience. The universe is infinite, even with eternal life you would not be able to experience everything.

I value what i only have for a bit, but i still value what i will have forever. Some may be prepared to leave existence, but only because of the futility of fighting the inevitable, not because life is no longer worth living.
I agree with this.

If the value of a life is truly an inverse relation to time, the goal would be to die as quickly as possible - as though entering a void of nothing somehow gives a life meaning. The added marginal 'value' may decrease as a life increases, but the total value of the life does not.

A man who makes $5,000 a year gets a lot more from a $5 bill than a man who makes $500,000 a year, but the poorer man still wants to make as much as the richer man.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:06 am

I'd rather there be nothing after death. An afterlife just decreases the value of life- you're not working towards improving yourself, but improving you 'next' life. People need to actually improve themselves, not act nice because they're scared of the consequences.

An afterlife that favors one kind of people over another, sinners or not, or people born into a lower class, to be predeterministic. If everyone is given the same reward, good or bad, then that person is likely given something that they didn't deserve. I can't think of a scenario where an afterlife, any kind of it makes sense.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:07 pm

Last i checked Protoss lived for several thousand years, so i don't try to think about it much. Cool
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:49 pm

Tylertlat wrote:AS much as I like Ring's Idea, it'd be as depressing or more so than simple eternal existence. A universe as you see fit, there'd be no real challenge. Any obsticle that you could normally triumph over would be there only because you hadn't whisked it away. Even if you left a difficulty in your chosen scenario, you could share that existance with anyone else, as they'd either wisk away the hardship themselves or be unfairly burdened by your need to have a challenge. I may have thought about this scenario before...
You could ask that the universe present you with challenges, with real consequences if you like, that's the beauty of a computer world, anything is possible, anything.

'Hey, give me a challenge, and make it so I don't remember that I actually designed/asked for it, so it seems real'

I'd imagine the worlds would be like servers, you could join them and ask that you don't know its fake until certain conditions are met. There might be digital cities with set conditions, but you could change your appearance. Personally I would probably just want to control a robotic avatar that operates in the real world.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:41 pm

'cool' doesn't have to mean 'enjoyable'

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059