Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm

+16
CivBase
A_Bearded_Swede
tiny tim
Elabajaba
Death no More
Felix
dragoon9105
Cheese
Rasq'uire'laskar
Vigil
KristallNacht
Rotaretilbo
Lord Pheonix
Divine Virus
Nocbl2
Vtrooper
20 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm - Page 6 Empty Re: Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm

Post by Lord Pheonix Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:07 pm

Well SC1 came out before you were born.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm - Page 6 Empty Re: Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm

Post by Tylertlat Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:31 pm

Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm - Page 6 H6A33E2A1

PETA Parody: As in, a parody that PETA themselves put out, not a parody of PETA. Yeah, it's almost both of them, isn't it?
Tylertlat
Tylertlat
Architect of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:51 pm

Srsly PETA

srsly
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:54 pm

Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm - Page 6 YvGP3

I was also happy that all my predictions turned out to be correct and HOTS in the tradition of SC campaigns completely made everything you fought for in the previous game completely pointless.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:19 pm

War never changes
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:21 pm

Tylertlat wrote:Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm - Page 6 H6A33E2A1
Oh sure, they care about the xenocidal space bugs but not the billions of space marines who are thrown away as cannon fodder.

Still, you know it's a problem when Peta is more current with the gaming industry than the government officials around the world who regulate it.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:20 pm

CivBase wrote:
Tylertlat wrote:Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm - Page 6 H6A33E2A1
Oh sure, they care about the xenocidal space bugs but not the billions of space marines who are thrown away as cannon fodder.

Still, you know it's a problem when Peta is more current with the gaming industry than the government officials around the world who regulate it.

Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm - Page 6 HC95FC2BC

This is clearly the only sensible response.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:51 am

Haven't heard of any major balancing issues, so I assume those are fixed. It doesn't really help that I've been largely avoiding reviews on Heart of the Swarm until I can actually get around to playing it. I hate homework T.T
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:49 am

SPRING BREAK WOOOOOOoooo....

except toshiba computer and minimum wage job Sad

Oh well, maybe I can work on my social life.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:01 am

The balance was definitely better at release than it was during beta, but Zerg are still the unwanted ginger stepchild where balance is concerned. That Life managed to pull a win out of his ass at MLG was quite astounding. In normal play, Protoss air is really strong right now, and Zerg has a hard time dealing with it early game. Terran bio ball with Siege Tank backup is also really strong right now, especially in lower tiers where the ungodly micro necessary to properly deal with it is somewhat uncommon; the whole Terran A-click to win thing is in full effect. The problem Zerg has is that air is the current meta, and Zerg air is really weak until late game. Corrupter/Brood Lord is great and all, but it doesn't really come into play unless you survive that long.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:04 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:The balance was definitely better at release than it was during beta, but Zerg are still the unwanted ginger stepchild where balance is concerned. That Life managed to pull a win out of his ass at MLG was quite astounding. In normal play, Protoss air is really strong right now, and Zerg has a hard time dealing with it early game. Terran bio ball with Siege Tank backup is also really strong right now, especially in lower tiers where the ungodly micro necessary to properly deal with it is somewhat uncommon; the whole Terran A-click to win thing is in full effect. The problem Zerg has is that air is the current meta, and Zerg air is really weak until late game. Corrupter/Brood Lord is great and all, but it doesn't really come into play unless you survive that long.

Thrilling commentary from Evil Geniuses own Idra.

On a serious note, I've been watching quite a few TLO games since the game released, and he's seems to be doing the best to get around that by playing a slow patient denying style, keeping the Terran/Protoss on 3-4 bases while he takes everything else. Ungodly amounts of creep and map control also seem to help his style a lot.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:17 pm

Indeed. In pro play, Zerg seems to do much better. But for those of us who have trouble denying an expansion while simultaneously defending ourselves and taking multiple expansions, playing Zerg is rough.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:12 pm

Just wondering, what is everyones opinion on the widow mines as of late? Personally I STILL think theyre too strong. The damage they do is way to large for them to be priced the way they are.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:48 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:Indeed. In pro play, Zerg seems to do much better. But for those of us who have trouble denying an expansion while simultaneously defending ourselves and taking multiple expansions, playing Zerg is rough.
Meh, I've always seen Zerg as the 'toughest' of the SC factions. I don't mind them being tougher to get the hang of, as long as they're still reasonably balanced.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6