Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlefield 3

+21
RX
Ringleader
Ruski
Angatar
A_Bearded_Swede
Elabajaba
Vtrooper
Vigil
laxspartan007
KristallNacht
Rotaretilbo
Onyxknight
CivBase
Gold Spartan
Nocbl2
Death no More
Divine Virus
Gauz
dragoon9105
Felix
GreyApothecary
25 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3

Post by Divine Virus Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:17 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:I assure you, it is not.
I assure you, it is.

MW2 is a terrible example as it's just a terrible game in general, on PC and Console. People loved CoD4 no matter what system it was on. It was great on PC and it was great on Console.

Some people will like one version over the other, and this is where personal preference comes in.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:39 pm

It comes down to the player, not the system. People get PC's or Consoles based on preference, and rate them, based on preference.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:45 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:I assure you, it is not. First person shooter games made exclusively for PC will always be better than first person shooter games made exclusively for console (exceptions made for purely single-player shooters like BioShock). This is why, whenever a half-baked, mediocre FPS like Modern Warfare 2 comes out on console, the entire console shooter community jizzes all over itself in excitement, while the PC shooter community tries to figure out why the hell the console shooter community is so excited.

the reason pc gamers didn't receive MW2 well, was the lack of dedicated servers, which is a staple in pc gaming but nonexistent in console gaming.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:52 pm

Actually, Rot. My old old computer with Windows 2000 could not run Battlefield 1942. The graphics card wasn't good enough. My XP could run everything through 2142, though.

Man... 2142 was a blast...

Seriously, though, I liked BC2. You can't go around claiming that any 'realistic' war game is trying to copy Call of Duty. Medal of Honor is one thing, but BC2 was extremely unique. Perhaps even more-so than Halo.

The only significant differences I found between BF:BC2 and BF2 was the destructible buildings and inclusion of a single-player campaign. Otherwise, it still ran on traditional Battlefield elements that have been in all of their games. Nothing about BC2 reminds me of MW2.

Well... maybe the new health system, but that's no big deal. Almost every shooter has adopted that system.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:55 pm

except maybe some of the weaponry you can choose, but both are based on real life guns
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:44 am

BC2 is an extremely streamlined version of BF2. Classes have been combined, entire vehicle types have been tossed, prone has been eliminated, etc. BC2 had the opportunity to be BF2 but better, but DICE missed the mark by quite a bit.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:53 am

Still doesn't mean it isn't a great game though. Razz
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:58 am

Not compared to PC shooters that were released six years ago.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:59 am

Prone Leads to problems in alot of games, its alot less tactical when the first thing you do when you see someone is drop to the floor like in MW2

The Vehicles are fine, theres a helicopter, transport chopper, tank, heavy tank, APC, ATV's and Jeeps and a few boat types. what else do you really need?

I dont see any real problems with the classes, Recon can play sniper or play CQC with a shotgun and C4, Assault classes can drop the rifle for another weapon (and can snipe if you throw a scope on the AUG or M16). The only class that doesn't seam that versatile in what you can do with it is the engy.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:10 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:Not compared to PC shooters that were released six years ago.
Haha, I think it can hold it's own.

But w/e. In the end, it doesn't affect me if you dislike it or not. I'm enjoying it and really, what else would even matter? Razz

I'll be waiting with just as much anticipation for Battlefield 3 as any other PC player.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:26 am

dragoon9105 wrote:Prone Leads to problems in alot of games, its alot less tactical when the first thing you do when you see someone is drop to the floor like in MW2

I'm up, he sees me, I'm down.

Dropping the floor is a legitimate military tactic for engaging enemies when real cover isn't immediately accessible.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:29 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:BC2 is an extremely streamlined version of BF2. Classes have been combined, entire vehicle types have been tossed, prone has been eliminated, etc. BC2 had the opportunity to be BF2 but better, but DICE missed the mark by quite a bit.

so what you're saying is....BC is the best BF game that every existed?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:37 am

KristallNacht wrote:
dragoon9105 wrote:Prone Leads to problems in alot of games, its alot less tactical when the first thing you do when you see someone is drop to the floor like in MW2

I'm up, he sees me, I'm down.

Dropping the floor is a legitimate military tactic for engaging enemies when real cover isn't immediately accessible.

Thats great in real life, but in a game it just gets annoying
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:38 am

Especially with the growing popularity of the Drop shot in multiplayer games.

Hell Black Ops has an entire system to try and balance it.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:42 am

wouldn't that go against their proposed concept of realism?

balancing out military tactics until the only way to play the game is choose any weapon and charge opponent? why not make the FPS into a random encounter dice roll?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:45 am

Well, the problem with drop shots is that it really screws with the auto aim function, making it much harder to shoot your oppenent, while the drop shotter has a clear shot up at you.

Besides, game 'realism' and real life realism are two completely different things, like you could use that argument about Health Regen.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:57 am

Well Dropshotting would be fine if it wasn't for the fact that you can get hit in the back and if you have any practice dropshooting you can spin around(on a dime) and dropshot him before he can finish you off by shooting him in the ankles.

Real life your shot in the back with several assault rifle rounds, your dead.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:03 am

dragoon9105 wrote:

tell that to SgtMaj Kasal
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:31 am

KristallNacht wrote:
dragoon9105 wrote:

tell that to SgtMaj Kasal

All depends on where the bullets go through.

Hit one of the major organs and you're pretty screwed.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:52 am

Actually, quite the opposite. It's a lot more tactical when the first thing you do when you see an opponent is present a smaller target and improve your aim. Otherwise, it's just about who has better reflexes. Last I checked, reflexes != tactics.

dragoon9105 wrote:The Vehicles are fine, theres a helicopter, transport chopper, tank, heavy tank, APC, ATV's and Jeeps and a few boat types. what else do you really need?

A lot of us have been awaiting the comeback of the jet.

dragoon9105 wrote:I dont see any real problems with the classes, Recon can play sniper or play CQC with a shotgun and C4, Assault classes can drop the rifle for another weapon (and can snipe if you throw a scope on the AUG or M16). The only class that doesn't seam that versatile in what you can do with it is the engy.

The sniper and special ops were combined, the medic and assault were combined, the engineer and anti-tank were combined. I didn't like it when they did it in 2142 and I don't like it now.

Divine Virus wrote:Haha, I think it can hold it's own.

Battlefield 2 > Bad Company 2. It isn't even really a competition. I mean, Bad Company 2 isn't bad, but it is below par, compared to previous DICE games.

KristallNacht wrote:so what you're saying is....BC is the best BF game that every existed?

Personally, Battlefield Vietnam was my favorite of the series, though Battlefield 2 is probably what I would consider the best of the Battlefield series.

Vigil wrote:Well, the problem with drop shots is that it really screws with the auto aim function, making it much harder to shoot your oppenent, while the drop shotter has a clear shot up at you.

Well yes, that's the purpose behind the dropshot. You get down to present a smaller target to your opponent. If they stand in the open like an idiot, I don't see why they have the right to complain about getting shot.

Vigil wrote:Besides, game 'realism' and real life realism are two completely different things, like you could use that argument about Health Regen.

But don't we all hate health regen with a burning fiery passion?
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:41 am

When I said screw with, I meant the system itself, as in you can't just drop out of aiming, look down then reaim at them.

True, but health has never really been done well in a video game. It's either a static meter or a regen system.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:51 am

Seems like it would be a real easy fix. Just design it such that, upon first dropping, your shot spread is equal to as if you were running, but then it quickly gets better.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:20 pm

In most games modern FPS theres a glitch that when your autoaim resets (like when you go prone, stop moving, tap the aim button) your weapon fires perfectly in the middle for a split second.

It makes noscoping with sniper rifles easy as hell after you get some practice even though normally you would only have a 1 in a 1000 chance.

dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:46 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:Battlefield 2 > Bad Company 2. It isn't even really a competition. I mean, Bad Company 2 isn't bad, but it is below par, compared to previous DICE games.
Well, to be fair, I was using what was given to me. BC2 was the first DICE game that I played. I actually wasn't saying that it was better then the other games. In fact if you look back at my posts, I was agreeing with you that they probably should have gave BC2 more attention on the PC version.

When I said it can hold it's own. I was reffering to the fact that it's still a great game. Even when compared to previous DICE games, it's still a pretty great game. Doesn't mean it's better though. I can't say that because like I said, I have not played previous entries in the series.

But what I was debating with you was BC2 being a good game or not. And I was saying it is.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:56 pm

The "drop shot" would be pretty easy to balance. Just put a slight pause so the person dropping can re-align his weapon (which only adds to the realism) and give the prone player extremely low mobility, preventing escape or use of cover. If the strategy becomes abused, players can easily retaliate by taking advantage of the pause.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next