Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Get's Better Project

+15
Ringleader
GreyApothecary
KrAzY
Ascendant Justice
Felix
Elabajaba
Nocbl2
Onyxknight
dragoon9105
Vigil
KristallNacht
Kasrkin Seath
Rotaretilbo
Dud Doodoo
Gauz
19 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

It Get's Better Project - Page 3 Empty Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:27 pm

Make em.
Its not as hard as people think.
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:39 pm

Generally speaking, bullies tend to target people who don't already have friends. And, once bullying begins, it is much much harder to make friends, because you've become the "weird kid that everyone makes fun of".
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:56 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:Generally speaking, bullies tend to target people who don't already have friends. And, once bullying begins, it is much much harder to make friends, because you've become the "weird kid that everyone makes fun of".
Then that's when you need to stand up to the bully, even if you get your ass kicked. So everyone knows you got some balls. Then you'll start gaining some respect andmake some friends.

or if you don't like that...

Join a sports team. Its a great way to meet up with people and make friends.
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:00 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:Generally speaking, bullies tend to target people who don't already have friends. And, once bullying begins, it is much much harder to make friends, because you've become the "weird kid that everyone makes fun of".

I usually go out of my way to make friends with the people getting picked on, and i wasn't exactly popular. It usually only takes one person to tell a bully to piss off.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:30 pm

Pretty much what Bacon said.

In the end, it may be hard to do, but it's one of the best answers to the problem.

I believe there's no such thing as a person who can't make friends. Even a Neo-Nazi can make friends, because there's common ground that you both enjoy and can spread your friendship from there. Wheather it be something as being a Nazi or video games or anime or sports or drugs. Doesn't matter.

Everyone can make a friend. That's what I think anyway.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:21 pm

Except serial killers. Their friends dont last long Sad
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:48 pm

Baconsen wrote:Then that's when you need to stand up to the bully, even if you get your ass kicked. So everyone knows you got some balls. Then you'll start gaining some respect andmake some friends.

Standing up just to get your ass kicked just makes you look like an overconfident weird kid that no one likes.

Baconsen wrote:Join a sports team. Its a great way to meet up with people and make friends.

Generally speaking, we the socially inept are also not the most physically adept. It's one of the reasons we're so prone to bullying. Bullies aren't afraid that we'll win a fight. It also means that we're not exactly very good at sports.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:57 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Standing up just to get your ass kicked just makes you look like an overconfident weird kid that no one likes.
Have you ever seen it done before?
Trust me it works.

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Generally speaking, we the socially inept are also not the most physically adept. It's one of the reasons we're so prone to bullying. Bullies aren't afraid that we'll win a fight. It also means that we're not exactly very good at sports.
You don't have to be a potential starter to be on a sports team.
Take this kid Noah on my Tennis team for example. He's not adapt at sports at all other than jogging yet he still made the team.
Plus, he's sitting with the "popular" kids at lunch, yet he can clearly be bully bait.
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:01 pm

Baconsen wrote:Make em.
Its not as hard as people think.

Hahaha oh god that's funny. Trust me, it's harder than you think it is.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:03 pm

Standing up for yourself is the most important thing when it comes to dealing with a bully.

If you don't do it yourself then you didn't takle the problem head on and you'll always look for others to fix your own messes.

Fight your own battles. (IMO)

Felix wrote:Hahaha oh god that's funny. Trust me, it's harder than you think it is.
It's definitely harder for some then it is for others. But your only hurting yourself and your friend making chances if you have an attitude twords it like that.

Last edited by Divine Virus on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:05 pm

Divine Virus wrote:Standing up for yourself is the most important thing when it comes to dealing with a bully.

If you don't do it yourself then you didn't takle the problem head on and you'll always look for others to fix your own messes.

Fight your own battles. (IMO)

Dude, fight all you want, bullies will still bully you. Hell, they might do it MORE because you thought you could take them, and want to put you in your place.

EDIT: Plus, 1 verses usually 3 and up is not good odds for you.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:12 pm

Felix wrote:
Dude, fight all you want, bullies will still bully you. Hell, they might do it MORE because you thought you could take them, and want to put you in your place.
If the situation gets that far where the said bully goes that far to make you suffer and has no sign of stopping. Then other means of dealing with it are needed. Such as police, School officials, Parents etc etc. Who cares what people think about you going to officials when your constantly getting attacked and jumped by a bully and or gang.

Drastic times would call for drastic measures. But the point of standing up for yourself still stands. (IMO)

Felix wrote:EDIT: Plus, 1 verses usually 3 and up is not good odds for you.
Remember that friends thing that was mentioned earlier? Also, like I just said, if it gets to that point where they're jumping you and out numbering you, then it's time to get some help. Because yes, somethings can't be accomplished alone.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:14 pm

At my high school, standing up for yourself was a five day suspension (if a fight occurs, both parties are suspended, regardless of who started it; in fact, even if you don't fight back, you'd still be suspended).
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyxknight Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:17 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:At my high school, standing up for yourself was a five day suspension (if a fight occurs, both parties are suspended, regardless of who started it; in fact, even if you don't fight back, you'd still be suspended).
at least you stand up for yourself the consequences should not matter as its the same for my school district
Onyxknight
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:18 pm

Divine Virus wrote:
Felix wrote:
If the situation gets that far where the said bully goes that far to make you suffer and has no sign of stopping. Then other means of dealing with it are needed. Such as police, School officials, Parents etc etc. Who cares what people think about you going to officials when your constantly getting attacked and jumped by a bully and or gang.

Drastic times would call for drastic measures. But the point of standing up for yourself still stands. (IMO)

Felix wrote:EDIT: Plus, 1 verses usually 3 and up is not good odds for you.
Remember that friends thing that was mentioned earlier? Also, like I just said, if it gets to that point where they're jumping you and out numbering you, then it's time to get some help. Because yes, somethings can't be accomplished alone.

And when drastic measures don't work? What then? What courses do you take when you have no options? The only course of action left to take is hide (from my personal experiences)

Remember the part where you don't have friends to help you? You know that alone feeling you get sometimes when there's no one around? Yah, have that experience for 14 years.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:20 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:At my high school, standing up for yourself was a five day suspension (if a fight occurs, both parties are suspended, regardless of who started it; in fact, even if you don't fight back, you'd still be suspended).
It was the exact same way at my school. Even if you watch a fight that just broke out in front of you, suspension comes your way.

But just as Onyx said, the outcome out ways the consequence if said standing up for yourself get's the bully off your back. (IMO)
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:25 pm

Felix wrote:And when drastic measures don't work? What then? What courses do you take when you have no options? The only course of action left to take is hide (from my personal experiences)

Remember the part where you don't have friends to help you? You know that alone feeling you get sometimes when there's no one around? Yah, have that experience for 14 years.
So what then Felix? Are you saying there is no hope for a bully victim and they should just hide for the rest of their life? I don't know what happend to you and your school life but it sounds like your just shouting all hope is lost properganda.

Just because nothing worked for you doesn't mean it can't work for someone else. Dealing with bullys is possible. It's been done before.

I'm sorry if I'm being harsh at all cause I don't mean to be.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:32 pm

Divine Virus wrote:
Felix wrote:And when drastic measures don't work? What then? What courses do you take when you have no options? The only course of action left to take is hide (from my personal experiences)

So what then Felix? Are you saying there is no hope for a bully victim and they should just hide for the rest of their life? I don't know what happend to you and your school life but it sounds like your just shouting all hope is lost properganda.

Just because nothing worked for you doesn't mean it can't work for someone else. Dealing with bullys is possible. It's been done before.

No, I am not saying that. I am just pointing out some flaws here and there.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:36 pm

Well, I never said it was a perfect plan. This is why I was putting IMO so much.

It's worked for me and some of my friends. This is why I have such a strong feeling about it.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:38 pm

I got kicked in the balls and got a referral. The other kid got off scott free.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:44 pm

Divine Virus wrote:Well, I never said it was a perfect plan. This is why I was putting IMO so much.

It's worked for me and some of my friends. This is why I have such a strong feeling about it.

Well just because it worked for you, doesn't mean it will work for everyone.

All I was saying is standing up for yourself can lead to drastic consquences.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:49 pm

Felix wrote:Well just because it worked for you, doesn't mean it will work for everyone.
It's not just me though, it's me and a bunch of my friends and lot's of other people I don't know personally but watched it happen before my eyes.

Felix wrote:All I was saying is standing up for yourself can lead to drastic consquences.

Divine Virus wrote:But just as Onyx said, the outcome out ways the consequence if said standing up for yourself get's the bully off your back. (IMO)
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:54 pm

Divine Virus wrote:It's not just me though, it's me and a bunch of my friends and lot's of other people I don't know personally but watched it happen before my eyes.

Stastically shown, it is not always the best option.

Divine Virus wrote:

But just as Onyx said, the outcome out ways the consequence if said standing up for yourself get's the bully off your back. (IMO)

Not always.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:58 pm

I get bullied in my school even when I have four friends that I hang around with. However in my school there are bullies, and there are bullies that nobody likes (we'll call them NLB or "not liked bullies"). When shit happens the regular bullies might actually help you, like this one incident where I accidentally splashed this NLB with my car, he made a few threats to me, when I was alone of course and I basically told him to "come and fucking try it" which wasnt smart on my behalf.

Turns out he got fuming mad over the splashing and was looking to fight me (Im 6'4 but pretty scrawny) and my group of friends, plus about seven or eight of the regular bullies stepped in to assist me.

The point of this is that you may have allies that you dont know about. So sometimes it may pay off to try standing up for yourself.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyxknight Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:59 pm

Felix wrote:
Divine Virus wrote:It's not just me though, it's me and a bunch of my friends and lot's of other people I don't know personally but watched it happen before my eyes.

Stastically shown, it is not always the best option.

Divine Virus wrote:

would you rather hide and be bullied more, or stand up and let the ass know you got some balls

Not always.
Onyxknight
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next