Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

+14
Nocbl2
Maeve
KristallNacht
Gold Spartan
JumpingJet
Zaki90
Ukurse
Rotaretilbo
Cheese
Ruski
Gauz
CivBase
Indecisive One.
Vigil
18 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. - Page 2 Empty Re: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

Post by KristallNacht Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:11 pm

Zaki90 wrote:
It found it useless. To long to aim, and even when you get the shot, the person probably has already ran away or attacked you.

I used it mostly in the post game when fucking around. It was also crazy effective at getting the thieves as they run away.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. - Page 2 Empty Re: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

Post by JumpingJet Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:45 am

Gauz wrote:There is nothing wrong with a game being linear.

If its a FPS then sure there is nothing wrong with it but a game such as AC that gives you so much power and supposed power over life and death then it's silly...
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:59 am

JumpingJet wrote:
Gauz wrote:There is nothing wrong with a game being linear.

If its a FPS then sure there is nothing wrong with it but a game such as AC that gives you so much power and supposed power over life and death then it's silly...

The problem with making it too free it makes it really hard to structure a mission when you could come from so many different approaches and directions, hence why they usually locked down the area and gave a few opinions to do the kill, thus making it easier to program and not to confuse the player.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeve Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:01 am

CivBase wrote:Yah... I think the system for Assassin's Creed would make an amazing RPG if it had the other elements included. A better economy, a decent item management system, and some more (better developed) quests and "guilds" would make the game a thing of beauty.
So basically another Fable?

Fable was good. Although I didn't get far in it. I ended up killing guards and stealing shit then running away until I wasn't wanted anymore Razz
Maeve
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Female Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:43 am

Gold Spartan wrote:
YouCurse wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:It feels that once you got counter-kill, you were invincible to all city guards
^The sole reason I didn't like AC's combat system.
Then you fight the fuckers in plate armor with the giant hammers who kick your ass.
I don't even use the sword, I just use the knife with a bracer. lol
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:58 pm

Assassin's Creed isn't an RPG.... nor should it be one.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeve Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:59 pm

Gauz wrote:Assassin's Creed isn't an RPG.... nor should it be one.
Agreed
Maeve
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:30 am

Gauz wrote:Assassin's Creed isn't an RPG.... nor should it be one.

It depends on your definition of an RPG Gauz. I'm going to list sopme gameplay points about a certain game so you realise what I mean.

You start off weaponless, and have an opening section where you pick up a sword and profceincy to use it.

You talk to people and they give you jobs to do to help you gain abilities and progress the plot.

You find additional weapons and clothing which improve your combat power and damage and resistance to damage.

You explore underground dungeons

A money system to buy new equipment and healing items

A fast travel system or travel by horse.

From time to time you fight bosses using the new skills you've learnt.

Now which game am I talking about? Assasins Creed 2 or Orcania or Time? Or hundreds of other examples I could use.

ACII borrows a lot from the RPG games.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:25 pm

I consider AC like Myth. They incorporate ideas from lots of genres, but are really not ANY genre, just a collage.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:51 am

Well I was watching an interview with one of the producers yesterday and he basically confirmed what I thought when he was asked 'Why this instead of AC III?'

'Making a new character and new locale takes time, and we have done so much research on the reinsance, and we had many ideas for ACII we decided to use them to continue Ezio's story.'

Translation: Making new shit is hard, and we want to cash in on last's years success ASAP, so let's recobble bits we cut from ACII to make another game.

Other things to take note off.

1. You play as Desmond a lot more in this game........Wonderful.
2. Most of the new features with the 'brotherhood' are done in a menu screen with barley anly interaction.
3. Ezio can use his fellow assassin's like a 'Tactical strike' where you press a single button at a group of guards/ target and they will appear out of nowhere and either kill or distract them.
4.He seemed desperate to say you need to be more agressive in combat and build up a combo to kill enemies quickly, but larger enemies can recognise this and break it.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:31 pm

'Making a new character and new locale takes time, and we have done so much research on the reinsance, and we had many ideas for ACII we decided to use them to continue Ezio's story.'

=/=

'Making new shit is hard, and we want to cash in on last's years success ASAP, so let's recobble bits we cut from ACII to make another game.'

Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeve Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:59 pm

Vigil wrote:1. You play as Desmond a lot more in this game........Wonderful.
2. Most of the new features with the 'brotherhood' are done in a menu screen with barley anly interaction.
3. Ezio can use his fellow assassin's like a 'Tactical strike' where you press a single button at a group of guards/ target and they will appear out of nowhere and either kill or distract them.
4. He seemed desperate to say you need to be more agressive in combat and build up a combo to kill enemies quickly, but larger enemies can recognise this and break it.

Huh...sounds a LOT like AC: Bloodlines. I'm starting to really hate that game...only because of the controls on the PSP...fml...
Maeve
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:51 am

Maeve wrote:
Vigil wrote:1. You play as Desmond a lot more in this game........Wonderful.
4. He seemed desperate to say you need to be more agressive in combat and build up a combo to kill enemies quickly, but larger enemies can recognise this and break it.

Huh...sounds a LOT like AC: Bloodlines. I'm starting to really hate that game...only because of the controls on the PSP...fml...

Well it will play virtually identically to ACII, so control shouldn't be much of an issue. I'd be more worried about if the new additions are worth a damn.

In other AC news a new trailer for Ascendance, a motion comic comming up soon.

Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:03 am

well, brotherhood is all about the multiplayer anyway
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:40 am

I still don't know how Multiplayer AC would work, as I think you could pretty easily tell who's an AI and who's a human player trying to kill you.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:42 am

W/e happened to that AC comic set in Russia? Did it come out?
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:43 am

Ruski wrote:W/e happened to that AC comic set in Russia? Did it come out?
Either that's Ascendance, or it's coming soon, I honestly don't know.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:16 pm

Well vigil, that's why I think some people will imitate the A.I., not to mention I think some people are just going to be on the rooftops stalking other people.

When I saw the Ascendance thing, I thought of one name/word. Batman.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:32 pm

Vigil wrote:
Ruski wrote:W/e happened to that AC comic set in Russia? Did it come out?
Either that's Ascendance, or it's coming soon, I honestly don't know.
No I don't think it's Ascendance. The Russia one is suppose to like, around the Russian Rev. time. And I don't think it was to be a video comic. More like a book comic.
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeve Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:45 pm

Ascendance looks...eh...Why read it when you can play it? Also, is Brotherhood continuing where the second game left off? That really quite pissed me off at the end of that game Biting
Maeve
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:07 pm

Gauz wrote:Well vigil, that's why I think some people will imitate the A.I

just like how people in halo imitate the hologram
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:41 am

That would only work a few times, as most people shoot Holograms first ask questions later. Besides the motion tracker is kind of a giveaway, as is the name on your head. You have to be really lucky to pull it off.

As for AC MP, From what footage I've seen, most people just went apeshit and screwed subtely, while the people who were patient and waited got screwed over. Sure they've been fixing it so that the more patient players get a higher score and ranking, but the game seems to rely on an unspoken agreement to all play a certain way. It would be pretty easy to ruin the game for others is some retard runs around stabbing everbody.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:19 am

Vigil wrote:That would only work a few times, as most people shoot Holograms first ask questions later. Besides the motion tracker is kind of a giveaway, as is the name on your head. You have to be really lucky to pull it off.

i think the Hologram gives a name over it now. and in certain gametypes the red name over your own head is disabled. That aside it is still a good weapon for tricking DMR happy little kids as they will waste half a clip on it before they realize it's a fake.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:06 pm

they changed that?

maybe i should start using it now.

to be on topic...

i'm buying this game when i can get it for $30 like i did with AC2
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:09 pm

I'll get it for Christmas, just like AC II.

Razz
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next