Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assassin's Creed 3

+9
Vtrooper
Divine Virus
Gauz
CivBase
KristallNacht
Lord Pheonix
Nocbl2
Ruski
Vigil
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Assassin's Creed 3 Empty Assassin's Creed 3

Post by Vigil Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:54 pm

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/01/assassins-creed-3-boxart/

This time it's set in the American Revolution. A native american (sorta) with tomahawks and pistols.

Sounds interesting to say the least.

Assassin's Creed 3 2141432-cov_228_v2_l

Assassin's Creed 3 2141431-cov_228_v1_l
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Assassin's Creed 3 Empty Re: Assassin's Creed 3

Post by Ruski Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:16 pm

TBH, this is the only Assassin's Creed I am probably going to buy/play since AC2. Brotherhood and Revelations didn't really appeal to me. Digging the look of the Assassin, but part Native American?

On a side note, does anyone know if the Assassin's Creed comic set during the Russian Rev. is any good?
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:25 pm

I agree with Ruski. The others just sort of seemed... meh.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:07 pm

New Picture:

Edit: This is the official box art of the game.

Assassin's Creed 3 64997_10150594294993068_6119163067_9102681_1998473807_n
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:12 pm

Spoiler:
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:45 pm

idk how you could complain about brotherhood and revelations. They cover a lot of story, and are more refinements on the gameplay. Essentially, if any of the games are good, then all of them are.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:53 pm

KristallNacht wrote:idk how you could complain about brotherhood and revelations. They cover a lot of story, and are more refinements on the gameplay. Essentially, if any of the games are good, then all of them are.

Brotherhood was good because it added new and fun things and still had a pretty solid story.

What did Revelations add from Brotherhood? Bombs and shitty tower defence and weird first person platforming. It's additions were pretty poor and the story was pretty weak, as the only character of real note was Sophia.

Also the stuff with Altair was pretty disappointing. 6 really short gameplay sections which tell you very little. So you have one right after the end of AC1, I could dig that, but the next one takes place a good 30 years later. Perish the thought they actually let us explore more of his life as the head of the assassins and his campaign against MOTHERFUCKING GENGHIS KHAN.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:59 pm

New Screenshots incoming!

Assassin's Creed 3 Cu2wN

Assassin's Creed 3 RAARZ

Assassin's Creed 3 Y8Lx4

Assassin's Creed 3 KMUzd

Assassin's Creed 3 63BnY

On a side note, I heard (in no way can I confirm this) that they've been working on this one ever since ACII.
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:25 pm

Been having a craving to kill some British.

Colonial British is even better.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:45 pm

All I can say is "Already!?"
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:49 pm

CivBase wrote:All I can say is "Already!?"

Revelations was a made by every other studio Ubisoft have.

This has been on the burn for at least a few years.

Similar to the COD development model.

But eh It looks like a good departure from the last 2 games.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:16 pm

I bet the main character has an italian accent.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:19 pm

I REALLY need to start playing the AC games.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:28 pm

Gauz wrote:I bet the main character has an italian accent.

If he doesn't say Requiescat In Pace after a kill, I'll be very shocked.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:10 pm

So... i guess we are fighting both the British and the Continental Army?

Well it should be fun fighting a musket line.
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:19 pm

It'll be like being an insurgent!

This is going to dramatically change the combat unless they just use the bayonets when you get close
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:30 pm

There was still a bit of swordplay back then, but it was the very last of it before everyone finally realized it was fucking stupid.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:26 pm

Well... muskets were also extremely inaccurate since they were shooting lead balls through a barrel without grooves. That and most soldiers (particularly the British) actually turned away right before firing so that the gun powder didn't fly back into their eyes. Hand-to-hand was still very effective when they weren't lining up 4 feet away and waiting to slaughter each other on command.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:33 pm

I look forward to killing Vigils ancestors
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:38 pm

Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:45 pm

CivBase wrote:Well... muskets were also extremely inaccurate since they were shooting lead balls through a barrel without grooves. That and most soldiers (particularly the British) actually turned away right before firing so that the gun powder didn't fly back into their eyes. Hand-to-hand was still very effective when they weren't lining up 4 feet away and waiting to slaughter each other on command.

The Pennsylvania Long Rifle was actually pretty accurate for its time, though it was used by American Marksmen ( Morgan's Riflemen). I think it would be cool if some how, they were made to be Assassin's as well since the accuracy of these riflemen was so good, many British officers removed their insignia to prevent the Americans from targeting them.

Though I understand that all others were really bad in terms of accuracy.
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:53 pm

Ruski wrote:The Pennsylvania Long Rifle was actually pretty accurate for its time, though it was used by American Marksmen ( Morgan's Riflemen). I think it would be cool if some how, they were made to be Assassin's as well since the accuracy of these riflemen was so good, many British officers removed their insignia to prevent the Americans from targeting them.

I don't claim to be a historian of any kind, but I'm going to presume that the Pennsylvania Long Rifle wasn't particularly common among ranks and that it still suffered from a fair degree of inaccuracy. And, of course, muskets take forever to reload - especially considering the small-scale combat of Assassin's Creed.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:56 pm

Ruski wrote: I think it would be cool if some how, they were made to be Assassin's as well since the accuracy of these riflemen was so good, many British officers removed their insignia to prevent the Americans from targeting them.
A lesson they eventually forgot. During WWII, the British military was utterly puzzled at the death rate of their officers to German snipers. It was like the snipers had a sixth sense that let them pick a ranking officer out of a squad.

Towards the end of the war, someone must have looked at a line of dead officers and realized that they were all sporting that fashionable little mustache...
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:35 am

CivBase wrote:
Ruski wrote:The Pennsylvania Long Rifle was actually pretty accurate for its time, though it was used by American Marksmen ( Morgan's Riflemen). I think it would be cool if some how, they were made to be Assassin's as well since the accuracy of these riflemen was so good, many British officers removed their insignia to prevent the Americans from targeting them.

I don't claim to be a historian of any kind, but I'm going to presume that the Pennsylvania Long Rifle wasn't particularly common among ranks and that it still suffered from a fair degree of inaccuracy. And, of course, muskets take forever to reload - especially considering the small-scale combat of Assassin's Creed.

Yes, it wasn't really all that common, but small units like Morgan's Riflemen utilized them to their full advantage. Yeah, there is always that degree of inaccuracy that is there, though it was a lot more accurate than British and other American rifles. It also used some rifling in the barrel.
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:32 am

According to an article written by Kartik Mudgal from GamingBolt.com, here's new information.

- There will be brand new environments and all-new ways to exploit them to your advantage, according to the creative director Alex Hutchinson.

- The cinematic presentations will extend beyond combat into a complex way of storytelling. The game will have actually have the Mohawk language (Iroquois) in some scenes. Mohawk was one of the languages of the native Americans.

- The development cycle was the longest compared to any Assassin’s Creed game. It seems the game was developed simultaneously with the other spin-offs (Brotherhood and Revelations). According to Ubisoft’s CEO, AC3 has been in development for three years.

- The game tells a story of Templars vs Americans. It’s not about winning the war, but a story based on the main protagonist’s life.

- The game will feature a new camera, which focuses on the best possible view of the action.

- The game runs on a brand new version of the Anvil engine.

- The new Assassin is the son of a Native American woman and a British soldier. He calls himself Connor, but his birth name is Ratohnhaké:ton. Born into the Mohawk, he eventually crosses paths with the Assassins in his search for righteousness.

- Connor is quiet and stoic, letting actions speak for himself rather than conversing with others. In contrast to Ezio, Connor is a freedom fighter who acts in the name of justice rather than on personal revenge.

- Settings will include Boston, New York and a large countryside. The countryside will be the setting of about 1/3 of the game, and will be the location of many events during the game. The countryside will be about 1.5 times as big as Rome in Brotherhood.

- The protagonist will fight on the American side, with primary allies being George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Charles Lee. However, this does not mean that the Americans are the good guys and the British are the bad guys. Templars are everywhere.

- There will be seasons in the game, meaning that the sun will shine during summer and the landscape will be covered in snow during winter. This is probably the best new feature in Assassin’s Creed 3.

- You can chain kills in the game using the tomahawk and the knife.

- Fighting and stealth will be completely redesigned, with Connor being compared to a “predator”. The player will be able to climb trees and other natural elements, and dual-wielding weapons such as a dagger and a tomahawk is now also an option.

- Animals will be present in the woods, like deer and bears. The player will be able to kill them and pelt their skins, to sell them later with the reformed economic system of the game.

- There will be puzzles similar to The Truth, only they will not be given by Subject 16.

- Desmond will go into the new Animus 3.0 and will find himself going into “significant events”.

- 100% sync in memories returns, though this time you will be rewarded when you complete memories to 100%. Checkpoints will also be introduced to mission replay, meaning you don’t have to replay an entire mission to get that 100% sync.

- The Brotherhood, or the Assassin’s Guild, will return in some form, albeit differently than we have seen before.

- Human shields are in, along with context sensitive actions. The target locking is gone, so the combat dynamics have changed.

- There is a fast travel system.

- There will be no more Mercenaries, Thieves, Courtesans, Romani or other factions, but there will be a replacement for them.

- Den Defense will not return.

- Expect Uncharted level of character interactions with 2.5 hours of scenes recorded.

Assassin's Creed 3 Assassins-creed-3-21
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next