Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Activision Vs Ex IW Heads Court Documents.

+6
Ringleader
Nocbl2
Ruski
CivBase
Cheese
Vigil
10 posters

Go down

Activision Vs Ex IW Heads Court Documents. Empty Activision Vs Ex IW Heads Court Documents.

Post by Vigil Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:20 pm

Oh it's been a good week, as the spat between Activison and Jason West and Vince Zampella, the recently fired heads of Infinity Ward goes to court. Joystiq somehow managed to obtain the documents to their lawsuit against their former employers, and it's filled with juicy dirt about how they were sacked just weeks from being played royalties and Activision was trying to take over complete control over their game, pushing IW to make the game faster and the way they wanted.

Have a look at it yourself

http://www.joystiq.com/photos/activision-infinity-ward-lawsuit-documents/#2773846

My response to all this.

Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Activision Vs Ex IW Heads Court Documents. Empty Re: Activision Vs Ex IW Heads Court Documents.

Post by Cheese Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:23 pm

I've been following this story, and it just keeps on making Activision look evil.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Activision Vs Ex IW Heads Court Documents. Empty Re: Activision Vs Ex IW Heads Court Documents.

Post by CivBase Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:56 pm

They are evil. Activision is just a slightly smaller version of EA.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:03 am

Indeed, I always figured they did stuff like this in the background, now some people have come out and basically confirmed it.

I hope this goes to court, as more dirt with probably come out, and it will expose Activison as the douchebags they are.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:24 am

I actually feel sorry for the IW people, tbh.

As Civ said, Activision is just a smaller EA.
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:59 am

Yeah, they ruin everything. Look at what they did to Mechwarrior: PS1!!!!
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:05 am

Activision is a terrible company, they think they can re-release the same game 5 times in a row. Remember, before MW, there was Tony Hawk's pro skater, and at least THPS was somewhat different from version to version.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:24 am

Ringleader wrote:Activision is a terrible company, they think they can re-release the same game 5 times in a row. Remember, before MW, there was Tony Hawk's pro skater, and at least THPS was somewhat different from version to version.
Different meaning one more character that is really bad anyway...
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:26 pm

Yeah, I just liked using the map maker to make ridiculous, impossible maps. I think the games did get a little more boring as new versions came out, my favorite was THPS 2, because you could run over the bull feces in that arena.

Plus, all the glitches were ridiculous, like making your character's shoes gigantic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd1TT8ZvkVc&NR=1

THPS 3 was also fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IwtPTdO0tI&NR=1
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:47 pm

THPS 3 was a great game... the rest were eh
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:15 pm

Tony Hawk used to be good.

Now we had Tony Hawk Ride
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:46 pm

CivBase wrote:They are evil. Activision is just a slightly smaller version of EA.
Hey what did EA ever do? (Stupid question but I want to know why you guys say they are evil..)
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:53 pm

Death no more wrote:Hey what did EA ever do? (Stupid question but I want to know why you guys say they are evil..)

Ever heard of Origin, Westwood, or Maxis. EA's crimes against these companies equate to crimes against humanity, and EA will be punished accordingly.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:30 pm

Pandemic......R.I.P.
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:38 pm

And the fact the only reason EA still is as successful as it is, bioils down to EA sports licenses, which they exploit by putting the same games out annually.

They barely take any risks, though they have been trying with games like Mirror's Edge and Dead Space.

They also have a tendancy to make the player spend as much money as possible for virtually worthless DLC.
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:53 pm

Ruski wrote:Pandemic......R.I.P.
This and Westwood is why EA should burn in hell.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:04 pm

Death no more wrote:
CivBase wrote:They are evil. Activision is just a slightly smaller version of EA.
Hey what did EA ever do? (Stupid question but I want to know why you guys say they are evil..)
It's simple, really. EA is a publishing company (as is Activision). EA makes deals with developers to produce their games on a large scale in exchange for a cut of the profits. Unfortunately, EA has gotten into a bad habit of buying out successful game developing companies. They then fire all of the company's employees and replace them with zero-talent EA zombies. One that's done, they ride out the success of the ex-developer's name and franchises, make a huge profite despite the horrible games they produce from that point on. Perhaps most the notorious example would be Westwood and the Command and Conquer series.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:16 pm

I hadn't really known about all this. I guess all large companies do this shit, and I guess it all get's balanced out with new companies making a name for themselves (Bungie -> Halo)

I am looking forward to Crysis 2 though.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:54 am

I find this all beautifully ironic. IW was an offshoot of the Medal of Honour team that was sick of the controlling hand of EA, and then created their own company to have more creative freedom.

Several years later, They're being forced out again by the controlling hand of Activison.

They have learnt well grasshopper
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:44 am

Technically, Bungie is restricted to work with Microsoft, so it wouldn't be a very good example. Valve would be a much better example, as they sell most of their stuff through Steam without CDs.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down