Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School of Infantry, Marine Combat Training

+13
Onyxknight
squirrelboy
Spartan15
Vtrooper
Ruski
Death no More
Nocbl2
Lord Pheonix
Ringleader
Barbbachello
PiEdude
BBJynne
KristallNacht
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

School of Infantry, Marine Combat Training - Page 2 Empty Re: School of Infantry, Marine Combat Training

Post by Barbbachello Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:49 am

KristallNacht wrote:
Monday:
M203 grenade launcher
AT4

Greatest Monday ever
Barbbachello
Barbbachello
Minion

Male Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Back to top Go down

School of Infantry, Marine Combat Training - Page 2 Empty Re: School of Infantry, Marine Combat Training

Post by Spartan15 Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:46 pm

Barbbachello wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:
Monday:
M203 grenade launcher
AT4

Greatest Monday ever
Wouldn't be a waste of a day, thats for sure.
Spartan15
Spartan15
Minion

Male Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-01-12

http://www.halowars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:49 pm

Why would you want to join the army, spartan? Army is for heinous ass pussies

This last week from Tuesday to Friday was thej Basic Skills Reinforcment Evaluation where we applied all we learned in a afghanistan roleplay situation.

Tuesday started with a 15k hike to the forward operating base.
g
Then at noon, my squad did 4 hours of perimeter defense with m240s with blanks and blanks in our rifles.
This was followed by 4 hours of patrolling. It w was a 1 1/2 hour patrol with 1 1/2 hours of build up and immediate actions drills. We got ambushed once and took 3 casualties and got hit by an IED and lost one marine.
We then got 4 hours of rest.
Then 4 hours of entry control point/vehicle check point. we had to do checks on personelle entering the FOB. One haji tried to sneak in an IED but we caught him and we got hit by a vehicle bourne IED because one marine didn't do his job.
Then 4 hours rest.
4 hours quick reaction force where we got sent into a town to clear out insurgants.
4 hours rest.
4 hours OpFor (opposing force) where we had to try to sneak IEDs in, ambush patrols and occupy the town and fight off the marines.
4 hours rest
Then a hike at midnight Wednesday night to the defense position in the mountains. There we dug our fighting positions for 3 hours where we then did 50% security where each fighting hole had 2 marines awake and alert for enemy attack and 2 catching sleep with hour trade offs for 2 hours.
Then we did vehicle patrol with security haults and got ambushed.
Then a bit later we did sessams which is modified m16s that shoot paint rounds in a small town. My team took no casualties.
Then a long ass time of boredom in our positions.
Then late in the afternoon a squad did a recon mission on another platoon and managed to capture and kill 8 of their marines.
That night we had to be extra alert for the enemy counter attack. The entire night the enemy was moving just downhill from my position at a perpindicular angle and I was unable to see them but could hear them. After 4 hours they attacked the rear of our position and we effectively fought them off. One marine tackled an attacker and took him hostage and one of our marine killed an attacker with an e-tool.

Basically it was awesome.

I didn't change clothes or shower for 4 days and I got to sleep in a hole in the ground.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyxknight Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Sounds fun, but im joining the army as my dont like the marine barracks where i live Razz
Onyxknight
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:41 pm

So you'd rather be the worst than the best?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyxknight Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:45 pm

KristallNacht wrote:So you'd rather be the worst than the best?
Yes, actually but i just never realy thought of joining the marines i've always been an army guy.
Onyxknight
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:26 pm

I always knew you were a weak ass child
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:00 pm

Were you any of these casualties?

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:46 pm

I was one of the casualties on the foot patrol because the squad leader made a decision that caused me to run to an area that left me facing away from the enemy attack when it happened and be only feet away from the nearest enemy
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:08 pm

KristallNacht wrote:I was one of the casualties on the foot patrol because the squad leader made a decision that caused me to run to an area that left me facing away from the enemy attack when it happened and be only feet away from the nearest enemy
I wouldn't trust that squad leader anymore...
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Male Number of posts : 803
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:36 pm

You realize he can't question his superiors orders?

Anyways, I always wanted to join the SEALS.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:44 pm

KristallNacht wrote:I was one of the casualties on the foot patrol because the squad leader made a decision that caused me to run to an area that left me facing away from the enemy attack when it happened and be only feet away from the nearest enemy

Ten bucks says NT is in the navy and bullshitting all of it.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:14 pm

Haven't I shown you a pic in my cammies?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:44 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:

Ten bucks says NT is in the navy and bullshitting all of it.
I want 2:1 odds. No point in me for taking the lower side Smile
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:18 am

KristallNacht wrote:Haven't I shown you a pic in my cammies?

Haven't payed attention for that long, but I've currently got a set of Jungle BDU's, Tiger Stripe BDU's, and army ACU's and my buddies got marine digital camo. Doesn't mean I fought in Vietnam or hes in the marines now does it?
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:47 am

Nocbl2 wrote:You realize he can't question his superiors orders?

Um yes I realize noc
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:20 am

Mr. Grenade wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:You realize he can't question his superiors orders?

Um yes I realize noc
You do realize you can actually move and do what is nesscary to survive, don't you?
Ruski
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:33 pm

Nocbl2 wrote:

Keep dreaming
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:02 pm

Ruski wrote:
You do realize you can actually move and do what is nesscary to survive, don't you?

and i would have had i been able to see the future
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:37 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
Ruski wrote:

They don't teach you that?
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:04 pm

TNine wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:
Ruski wrote:

They don't teach you that?
Win
Carlos Spicyweiner
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan15 Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:44 am

KristallNacht wrote:Why would you want to join the army, spartan? Army is for heinous ass pussies

This last week from Tuesday to Friday was thej Basic Skills Reinforcment Evaluation where we applied all we learned in a afghanistan roleplay situation.

Tuesday started with a 15k hike to the forward operating base.
g
Then at noon, my squad did 4 hours of perimeter defense with m240s with blanks and blanks in our rifles.
This was followed by 4 hours of patrolling. It w was a 1 1/2 hour patrol with 1 1/2 hours of build up and immediate actions drills. We got ambushed once and took 3 casualties and got hit by an IED and lost one marine.
We then got 4 hours of rest.
Then 4 hours of entry control point/vehicle check point. we had to do checks on personelle entering the FOB. One haji tried to sneak in an IED but we caught him and we got hit by a vehicle bourne IED because one marine didn't do his job.
Then 4 hours rest.
4 hours quick reaction force where we got sent into a town to clear out insurgants.
4 hours rest.
4 hours OpFor (opposing force) where we had to try to sneak IEDs in, ambush patrols and occupy the town and fight off the marines.
4 hours rest
Then a hike at midnight Wednesday night to the defense position in the mountains. There we dug our fighting positions for 3 hours where we then did 50% security where each fighting hole had 2 marines awake and alert for enemy attack and 2 catching sleep with hour trade offs for 2 hours.
Then we did vehicle patrol with security haults and got ambushed.
Then a bit later we did sessams which is modified m16s that shoot paint rounds in a small town. My team took no casualties.
Then a long ass time of boredom in our positions.
Then late in the afternoon a squad did a recon mission on another platoon and managed to capture and kill 8 of their marines.
That night we had to be extra alert for the enemy counter attack. The entire night the enemy was moving just downhill from my position at a perpindicular angle and I was unable to see them but could hear them. After 4 hours they attacked the rear of our position and we effectively fought them off. One marine tackled an attacker and took him hostage and one of our marine killed an attacker with an e-tool.

Basically it was awesome.

I didn't change clothes or shower for 4 days and I got to sleep in a hole in the ground.
Oh really? That would be based on opinion then rather than fact i'd assume? Sparhawk is in the army and he told me that it's rather difficult but worthwhile so it can't be that bad...... It would be pretty awesome being in the army and learning how to use a variety of weapons that many could only dream of ever using and learning survival techniques each of which you could do in the marines and airforce aswell but the army you learn shitloads more.

Wait you had to sleep in a hole in the ground? That would of been........awkward.....?? I'd imagine you would of had a very restless night?
Spartan15
Spartan15
Minion

Male Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-01-12

http://www.halowars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:35 am

spartan15...

are you aware that the army doesn't give much, if any, weapons training to non infantry?

the marines are the only branch that trains all personnel as infantry first.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:37 am

hell, there were Army Rangers Reserve doing 'training' near the School of Infantry West.

want to know what we did? pissed in the middle of their campsite and they didn't do shit. Us, mere privates in the Marine Corps. Them, NCO Army Rangers.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:43 am

And then they spiked your drink.

He he he

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next