Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Satanic Bible

+17
Felix
Angatar
laxspartan007
KrAzY
Nocbl2
BBJynne
Death no More
Kasrkin Seath
Vigil
A_Bearded_Swede
PiEdude
Zaki90
MrX
Rasq'uire'laskar
Gauz
Ascendant Justice
KristallNacht
21 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Opinion?

Satanic Bible - Page 5 Vote_lcap38%Satanic Bible - Page 5 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 10 ]
Satanic Bible - Page 5 Vote_lcap62%Satanic Bible - Page 5 Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 16 ]

Total Votes : 26

Satanic Bible - Page 5 Empty Re: Satanic Bible

Post by Gauz Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:50 pm

I hope we all realize that Christian Satan =/= Satanism Satan.

And RL, tl;dr
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:18 pm

Gauz wrote:I hope we all realize that Christian Satan =/= Satanism Satan.

And RL, tl;dr

and that everything RL said is easily countered by:

"religion was made to control"
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:50 pm

Gauz wrote:I hope we all realize that Christian Satan =/= Satanism Satan.

And RL, tl;dr

soo kay? It wasnt directed to you.

I hate this TL:DR craze, I don't care if you didn't read, saying it just means that you don't like to read long things, or your lazy, way to go above and beyond to make that known.

I realize religion was created to control, it is probably the least invasive/traumatizing (but not by a whole lot) form of control in the world, it rallies huge swaths of territory under a common goal, and partially contributed to where we are now, both positively and negatively. Also, not sure how that counters anything I said? please clarify what you are saying because it appears that you say anything like "All religion is a system of control" and somehow use that to counter what I am saying. Satanism, from what you have portrayed appears to be a more individualistic self serving ideology, and was rendered primitive and obsolete far before any other religion. I say obsolete, because if I worship the earth, center of all the universe, and then a satellite image shows the earth spinning around the sun, then my religeon is rendered obsolete, similar to how indulgence and self service is rendered obsolete by people living in communal societies.

Last edited by Ringleader on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:07 pm

ts;dr
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:32 pm

Being as I've only read what you have provided, NT, I do not really have the grounds to say it is either reasonable or ridiculous.

The watchword of Satanism is INDULGENCE instead of "abstinence" . . . BUT - it is not
“compulsion“.
Humans can't just go around satisfying their every desire. It doesn't seem like such a bad idea until you look at the effects, not only on yourself but on those around you.

You cannot love everyone; it is ridiculous to think you can. If you love everyone and
everything you lose your natural powers of selection and wind up being a pretty poor
judge of character and quality. If anything is used too freely it loses its true meaning.
Therefore, the Satanist believes you should love strongly and completely those who
deserve your love, but never turn the other cheek to your enemy!
What need is there for character judging or enemies when everyone loves everyone?

This "Satanic Bible" seems more like an easy way out of responsibility, and we all know how well that works out in the end.

Last edited by CivBase on Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:34 pm

Gauz wrote:ts;dr
lol Make up your mid Very Happy
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:41 pm

ts;dr

ah yes, your coolness level increases even more.

The watchword of Satanism is INDULGENCE instead of "abstinence" . . . BUT - it is not
“compulsion“.

Humans can't just go around satisfying their every desire. It doesn't seem like such a bad idea until you look at the effects, not only on yourself but on those around you.

exactly, it is a cycle of, do whatever you want, and then control yourself at the same time... where is the logic in this? And how do you expect someone who lives by indulgence to not condition them self to the eventuality of compulsion, it becomes a reflex as any other behavior. In addition to this, indulgence is defined by perception, what Bill Gates considers indulgence is probably different from you do, so the quest for indulgence is a compulsion within itself. The need for more, more power, more anything, isn't exactly something you can control and is definitely not an object of worship or code of life, it is tolerance, and your need to surpass your expectations.

I mean, I don't have anything particularly against indulgence, in fact, I think the only way that humanity can truly progress is if we revert to the stage in which progression occurred in the first place. History is repeating itself so clearly, and so linearly (the US is degrading similar to the Roman Empire), that I think we have reached a stage that we can not progress any further, we reach a pinnacle, and then it becomes swept away by barbarism, barbarism that evolves into a glittering beacon of society and so on. So there is no higher achievable form of life, but there is a lower form of life, if you choose to condition yourself into fulfilling that role.
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:23 pm

Because I said that to be "cool".... on the internet.

I'm not pathetic
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:36 pm

CivBase wrote:

well first off, the rule is 'if it hurts no one'

but what would these affects on yourself be?

everyone loves everyone?

you end up in a world where nothing matters.

and in terms of the bible preaching 'love your neighbor' and all that good stuff. thats HORRIBLY false. pretty much everything in the Bible outside of jesus preaches hate.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:56 am

You know, I'd read this thread and comment, but the people on my side (aside from Rasq) are doing such a poor job of it that it really isn't even worth my time. I'm sure I agree with whatever Rasq says. We've only disagreed once, to my knowledge.

Anyway, Death, Zaki, do yourselves both a favor and...well, dying wouldn't really be a favor to you guys, but maybe self exile? I don't know.

The same to you, NT. You and I have argued the Bible being "incongruent" and I've seen your Bible "knowledge" in action. We both know that if you ever actually did read the Bible, it was a long time ago, and you remember almost nothing and are relying on hearsay from other n00bs on the Internet just to formulate your own arguments. As I recall, you used a passage saying that people are black because their sinners as an example of Biblical hypocrisy, which we all found hilarious at the time, since the closest thing to such a passage actually existing is in an entirely separate religious text.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:09 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:
The same to you, NT. You and I have argued the Bible being "incongruent" and I've seen your Bible "knowledge" in action. We both know that if you ever actually did read the Bible, it was a long time ago, and you remember almost nothing and are relying on hearsay from other n00bs on the Internet just to formulate your own arguments. As I recall, you used a passage saying that people are black because their sinners as an example of Biblical hypocrisy, which we all found hilarious at the time, since the closest thing to such a passage actually existing is in an entirely separate religious text.

the quote was from the Bible. its the metaphorical interpretation that can never be settled on.

but i guess that what makes the Bible the best friend of anyone looking to validate their points, since it can be interpreted so many ways.

besides, this isn't supposed to be a Christianity thing at all.

It's about Atheistic Satanism
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:59 am

KristallNacht wrote:
CivBase wrote:

well first off, the rule is 'if it hurts no one'

but what would these affects on yourself be?
Suicide is a pretty obvious one. Humans have a funny little emotion that scientists have named "depression".

KristallNacht wrote:
everyone loves everyone?

you end up in a world where nothing matters.
So the only thing that matters is conflict? What's the point of conflict?

KristallNacht wrote:and in terms of the bible preaching 'love your neighbor' and all that good stuff. thats HORRIBLY false. pretty much everything in the Bible outside of jesus preaches hate.
Pretty much everything? That's a pretty hefty claim.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:14 pm

CivBase wrote: That's a pretty hefty claim.

HEFTY HEFTY HEFTY! wimpy wimpy wimpy!

The bible, holds more of your garabarge than the other brands Razz
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:59 pm

Felix wrote:
CivBase wrote: That's a pretty hefty claim.

HEFTY HEFTY HEFTY! wimpy wimpy wimpy!

The bible, holds more of your garabarge than the other brands Razz
garabarge? lol
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:25 pm

Thats all thats in it.

Seriously, lets not kid ourselves, the Catholic church is full of fucking RETARDS.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:30 pm

Gauz wrote:Thats all thats in it.

Seriously, lets not kid ourselves, the Catholic church is full of fucking RETARDS.
Well anyone can join it you dick.
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by MrX Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:33 pm

Death no more wrote:

Well anyone can join it you dick.

that just backs up your quote...
MrX
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:42 pm

Should he be backing up his quotes?
Ringleader
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:30 pm

CivBase wrote:
Suicide is a pretty obvious one. Humans have a funny little emotion that scientists have named "depression".

The book actually does address suicide. 'death is the great abstinence' so its frowned upon except when their truly is no other choice.

but either way, thats hardly a negative thing. 'oh your dead, due to your own choice...okay'

So the only thing that matters is conflict? What's the point of conflict?

are you retarded? you need negative for positive to be positive. high AND lows. if everything is high it eventually becomes nothing.

civbase wrote:
Pretty much everything? That's a pretty hefty claim.

pretty much, meaning most. the stuff that doesn't preach hate doesn't preach anything at all.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:47 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
Rotaretilbo wrote:

the quote was from the Bible. its the metaphorical interpretation that can never be settled on.

but i guess that what makes the Bible the best friend of anyone looking to validate their points, since it can be interpreted so many ways.

besides, this isn't supposed to be a Christianity thing at all.

Uh, well, Jesus was probably black or almost black, so... yeah....
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:04 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
CivBase wrote:
The book actually does address suicide. 'death is the great abstinence' so its frowned upon except when their truly is no other choice.
Death is not the only negative effect. Say you get drunk, a hangover would be an effect. Pregnancy would be an effect to unprotected sex. Ect, ect.

KristallNacht wrote:but either way, thats hardly a negative thing. 'oh your dead, due to your own choice...okay'
Then what's the point of this "bible"? Death doesn't matter? Isn't this thing supposed to be about getting the most out of your life?

KristallNacht wrote:
CivBase wrote:So the only thing that matters is conflict? What's the point of conflict?
are you retarded? you need negative for positive to be positive. high AND lows. if everything is high it eventually becomes nothing.
So? That doesn't change anything from my post, you just told me what is required for conflict.

KristallNacht wrote:
CivBase wrote:Pretty much everything? That's a pretty hefty claim.
pretty much, meaning most. the stuff that doesn't preach hate doesn't preach anything at all.
When was the last time you read the Bible?
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:33 pm

CivBase wrote:
Death is not the only negative effect. Say you get drunk, a hangover would be an effect. Pregnancy would be an effect to unprotected sex. Ect, ect.

its what you wanted. thats all that matters

Then what's the point of this "bible"? Death doesn't matter? Isn't this thing supposed to be about getting the most out of your life?

it is. as opposed to living your life in wait for an after life. so if what you want out of your life is death, have at it.

KristallNacht wrote:
So? That doesn't change anything from my post, you just told me what is required for conflict.

pretty much, yes. "as long as there are two people on the earth, someone will want someone else dead.

KristallNacht wrote:
When was the last time you read the Bible?

2 years ago. Hopefully nothing has changed.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:38 am

KristallNacht wrote:the quote was from the Bible. its the metaphorical interpretation that can never be settled on.

A passage from the Bible whose reference you could never produce, and that cannot be found anywhere on Google. Were you not paying attention last time we ripped that argument to shreds and laughed at you?

KristallNacht wrote:but i guess that what makes the Bible the best friend of anyone looking to validate their points, since it can be interpreted so many ways.

A claim you make often and support with evidence rarely.

KristallNacht wrote:besides, this isn't supposed to be a Christianity thing at all.

A pseudo-religion which basically says "Christianity sucks, do whatever you want." Since Half of Atheistic Satanism is about trashing Christianity, I'm pretty sure this is about Christianity.

Oh, I can do this too. Very Happy

Organizations based around atheism and humanism are full of fucking RETARDS.

See how easy that was? You know why it isn't a valid argument? I'll give you a hint. It has something to do with a ceiling that has no support columns or other weight-baring structures holding it up. ;)

KristallNacht wrote:pretty much, meaning most. the stuff that doesn't preach hate doesn't preach anything at all.

...you realize Civ was asking you to substantiate your claim with this thing called evidence, not restate it, right?

Nocbl2 wrote:Uh, well, Jesus was probably black or almost black, so... yeah....

Pretty sure Jesus was a Jew...
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:11 am

this still isn't about christianity. its about atheist satanism.

so discuss atheistic satanism.

which will probably be hard for you guys having not read it.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:21 am

Half of understanding Atheistic Satanism is understanding what it is. It is essentially the polar opposite of Christianity. It is like a person took the Bible and just added the word "not" to every sentence. Thus, discussing Christianity, which is where Satanism was derived, is perfectly valid.

Further, since Satanism spends so much time trashing Christianity, one of the reasons it would be found ridiculous would be the in its reasoning behind trashing on Christianity. Thus, again, discussing Christianity, which is where Satanism was derived, is perfectly valid.

I find it funny that when someone who actually read your post and knows what Atheistic Satanism fundamentally is comes and tries to argue your points, you try and say that they are irrelevant. Is it because you don't actually have any support for these wild accusations and claims you've been making about Christianity? I've never read the Bible cover to cover all at once (I've read the Bible in that I've read each book, but over the span of several years), and even I know that the single passage you brought up to try and prove that the Bible was incongruent was complete bullshit and can't be found in the Bible! If you've actually read the Bible cover to cover, you should know full well it isn't too.

Thus, you are either purposely lying to further your points by deceiving the misinformed, like Michael Moore, or you are lying about aspects that make you appear credible, and are actually a hypocrite, demanding that we read the entire Book of Satan just to understand a concept like hedonism that has existed for centuries when you yourself have not read anything substantial in a book that you spend so much time fervently bashing.

tl;dr shut the fuck up and get the fuck out, NT
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down