Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears Vs. Halo

+20
Zaki90
TNine
kslidz
Nocbl2
Onyxknight
Dud Doodoo
MrX
Angatar
Ukurse
Ringleader
Barbbachello
Avenged
Cheese
Felix
Ascendant Justice
Death no More
Vtrooper
Gauz
KristallNacht
Divine Virus
24 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Gears Vs. Halo Empty Gears Vs. Halo

Post by Divine Virus Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:35 pm

Last edited by RockaHolicGameR on Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Gears Vs. Halo Empty Re: Gears Vs. Halo

Post by KristallNacht Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:43 pm

its like MS is trying to make sure every new game comes with reason for the film industry to pick up the IP.

why can't microsoft and the team behind all these live action things just make the movie?
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:50 pm

KristallNacht wrote:its like MS is trying to make sure every new game comes with reason for the film industry to pick up the IP.

why can't microsoft and the team behind all these live action things just make the movie?

Not trying to bring D9 into the thread even though I am Razz, but after seeing D9, the only person I want even touching a Halo movie is Neill. And maybe Speilberg as a producer.

On Topic: The trailer was kick ass. The brute looked a little weird but not really. If that makes any sence.

Very Happy

Last edited by RockaHolicGameR on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:53 pm

That was deep, I liked it.

*sigh*

But it keeps reminding me of the movie Sad
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:56 pm

ok... so ODST for movie over spartans
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:57 pm

I like that trailer Very Happy I want a fucking ODST movie now... and that brute seemed to fake, but im sure if they did actually make a movie they would look real.

Last edited by Death no more on Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:03 pm

mereel, the current version of the Halo movie script is centered around the marines on installation 04.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:05 pm

KristallNacht wrote:mereel, the current version of the Halo movie script is centered around the marines on installation 04.

Really? I thought it was based on Fall of Reach? I guess it will change constantly until it happens.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:07 pm

RockaHolicGameR wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:mereel, the current version of the Halo movie script is centered around the marines on installation 04.

Really? I thought it was based on Fall of Reach? I guess it will change constantly until it happens.
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:15 pm

RockaHolicGameR wrote:

The Original script was written be Alex Garland (cost MS $1million)

the script was rewritten after Fox pulled out to make the story more 'connectable' since the Master Chief has a helmet on, and you never see his face. It's hard to get attached to whats essentially a faceless robot. So to coerce more emotional investment in those watching the movie, the story was recentered around a specific Marine.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:21 pm

ok but most of the people probibly going to see it know MC never took off his helmet

but if they want to connectthey could show the part where he takes off his helmet at the end of Halo: Combat Evolved
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:24 pm

The connection with master chief is formed when you are playing as him, and through other characters interacting with him. If they took off his helmet I will be thouroughly pissed.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:01 pm

Gauz wrote:The connection with master chief is formed when you are playing as him, and through other characters interacting with him. If they took off his helmet I will be thouroughly pissed.

Agreed.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:06 pm

it doesn't matter if you know he never takes off his helmet or not

the fact you never get to view the emotions and character on a humans face DRASTICALLY reduces the amount of emotional connection you can have with the character.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:17 pm

I don't see how really, many people are connected to the master chief still. Unless you are talking about his emotional connection, not if like he died, would anyone care. Well because you can't see his face, you can't read his emotions. I would say that you are less emotionally connected to him, but he is still a character many people are attached to through the series.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:25 pm

KristallNacht wrote:it doesn't matter if you know he never takes off his helmet or not

the fact you never get to view the emotions and character on a humans face DRASTICALLY reduces the amount of emotional connection you can have with the character.

Not true. Even though you can't see his face, you know wheather or he is felling excitment, dread or whatever because that's how connected you are to the character. Body motions, tone of voice and stuff like that all plays a vital roll.

Example: When he finds out the way Halo destroys the flood in Combat Evolved. He turns around slowy with his head down and says to the moniter, "is it true?".

Or when he watches the video from Jenkins helmet camera.

Or when he was about to retrive the ID thing from Keys when Keys was flood formed.

Last edited by RockaHolicGameR on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:30 pm

also if you >1/4 autistic you can have the same emotions he has which i have tested
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:38 pm

Ya know for crying out loud would someone just make a fucking movie out of the Halo series already?

Enough of the live action bullshit, just make a movie series like LotR did.
I mean its cool and all but seriously...
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:39 pm

RockaHolicGameR wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:it doesn't matter if you know he never takes off his helmet or not

Not true. Even though you can't see his face, you know wheather or he is felling excitment, dread or whatever because that's how connected you are to the character. Body motions, tone of voice and stuff like that all plays a vital roll.

Example: When he finds out the way Halo destroys the flood in Combat Evolved. He turns around slowy with his head down and says to the moniter, "is it true?".

Or when he was about to retrive the ID thing from Keys when Keys was flood formed.

Gears of War has more emotion than Halo.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:44 pm

Doesn't matter. Point still stands.
Divine Virus
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:00 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:
RockaHolicGameR wrote:

I disagree, there where some amazing moments in halo, some just totally gut wrenching. Others that made your blood boil, and making you scared out of your wits. Though I am mostly talking about the first halo Razz
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:06 pm

Death no more wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:
RockaHolicGameR wrote:

I disagree, there where some amazing moments in halo, some just totally gut wrenching. Others that made your blood boil, and making you scared out of your wits. Though I am mostly talking about the first halo Razz

"Gut wrenching" and "blood boil" made me lol because there is none of that. Even though Halo 1 did have the best story out of all the halo games, Gears still does better for the sole fact that all its characters have visible faces.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:15 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:
RockaHolicGameR wrote:

like hell it is.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:28 pm

Felix wrote:
Ascendant Justice wrote:
RockaHolicGameR wrote:

like hell it is.

It does. It doesn't matter if you hate the game or not, the fact still stands.
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:32 pm

OR we nuke Epic from orbit and threaten M$ to make it or we do the same to them *sarcasum*
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next