Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DOOM The Forum Game ACT ONE: Escaping the Flames

+8
Angatar
PiEdude
dragoon9105
Nocbl2
XNate02
Death no More
capn qwerty
Kasrkin Seath
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

DOOM The Forum Game ACT ONE: Escaping the Flames Empty DOOM The Forum Game ACT ONE: Escaping the Flames

Post by Kasrkin Seath Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:50 am

DOOM The Forum Game ACT ONE: Escaping the Flames DOOM_Logo_by_SeathHWF

You dont know how it happened, but it did, all hell broke loose in the twin cities of Romeron and Port Carmack, quite literally in fact. The entire Mars colony program was now in danger, soldiers and security forces were locked in a desperate battle against the tide of demonic entities pouring out of the military base and against the former civillians and comrades while they tried to evacuate those who remained out of the hundred-thousand colonists.

You are one of those colonists...
---------------------------------

Okay, now that the really crappy opening thing is done I\'ll tell you what is going on here. Its DOOM, or at least a forum game set in the DOOM-Verse. It is a cross between an RPG and a TBS(Turn Based Strategy) but you only control one character. The game campaign will tell what happens to the relatively new colony on Mars after UAC goes and *** everything up again(like usual). I dont think I really need to explain what DOOM is, you should know.

The RPG Elements -
Levelling and Experience - There is experience given for every monster you kill, for finding secrets, etc. Experience goes straight into going up levels.

There is another type of experience, Weapon and Item specific experience. If you just got a Machine Gun, you will suck at using it. Hold it and use it long enough and kill enough, you will get teh hang of it and become better at using it. This applies to most weapons and items, however it effects different items in different ways.

A list of item specific experience and effects will not be given(mainly because I dont want to tell you) but I can assure you the more you use something, the better you will get at it.

Roleplaying - Its part RPG, and the RP stands for Roleplaying, so play the game like you are a character in it. Alot of what happens will be through a description-decision format(basically, I describe situation, you decide what to do; alot of the game will happen OUTSIDE of combat), so long as you are not in combat there will be no maps outside of the meta-map. There are firendly NPC\'s as well, and I would advise communicating with them. BTW, most of them operate on a Dont Ask-Dont Tell policy, if you dont ask, they wont tell. WHat you do will also have an effect on the outcome of the game.

The TBS Elements

Combat - Combat is where the TBS elements appear. Combat occurs on a grid like map. Based on an initiative roll, players and monsters will fall into an order for turns. Turn\'s are divided into Move actions and Action actions(to lessen confusion, just think of turns being Move/Action).

Move action - A few things can occur during a move action, a player can open a door(which takes all remaining move actions), they can actually move or they can forfeit their move(moving incurrs an accuracy penalty)

Action - Actions incorporate so many things that they will not all be listed. Actions include activating switches, switching weapons, attacking, etc. An important part of the Action is the ability to use it to Search or Observe.

When you search, you have a chance of any nearby secrets being revealed to you(if you try to open a random wall like a door, it actually could open, the action just reveals it to you)

When you observe, you can detect noisy monsters through listening, detect hard to see monsters or focus on a specific enemy to learn more about it.

EXAMPLE OF COMBAT/MAP
Start Turn
DOOM The Forum Game ACT ONE: Escaping the Flames TM1_by_SeathHWF

Turn 2
DOOM The Forum Game ACT ONE: Escaping the Flames TM2_by_SeathHWF

Turn 3
DOOM The Forum Game ACT ONE: Escaping the Flames TM3_by_SeathHWF

Terrain Types
Floor - Safe to walk on, doesn't move or do anything in peculiar. There are multiple types.

Wall - Impassable terrain that cannot be shot or seen through

Elevation Difference - Represented by a black line, the square with the line is higher than the adjacent square.

Door - Doors are silveryish grey in color and look like almost like a switch on-screen. The bar on the right indicates the type of door. Red, Yellw and Blue need their corresponding keys to be opened. White can be opened without any keys, or may require hittinga switch to open. Black represents an unopenable door, which functions much like a wall does.

Damaging Floor - An area that can be traversed but damages the paler while they do. They will often have a distinct appearence.

Lifts - Functions like a section of floor that raises and lowers between different elevations.

Keep in mind one thing - the weaponry and ammo system, plus health and damage are taken straight from DOOM. It will take the EXACT SAME amount of bullets to kill an Imp as it does in DOOM, the same number of shotgun shells to finish off that Hell Knight, the only changes are some new weapons and new items that can be used, as well as the addition of Attributes which effect some aspects of combat.

As for now, this is all you need to know. The rest will be told when needed and when I decide to metaphorically \'get off my lazy ass\' and add it to this post. All the essentials for now are here though.
--------------------------------
Signups
--------------------------------
Baron of Hell(DM) - Kasrkin Seath
---
1. capn qwerty
2. death no more
3. XNate02
4. nocbl2
5. Dragoon
6. PiEman
7. Angatar
8. Gold Spartan5
9. Arbiter Mereel
10. Tiny Tim

DOOM The Forum Game ACT ONE: Escaping the Flames Player_Icons_by_SeathHWF

Last edited by Kasrkin Seath on Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:25 pm; edited 9 times in total
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

DOOM The Forum Game ACT ONE: Escaping the Flames Empty Re: DOOM The Forum Game ACT ONE: Escaping the Flames

Post by capn qwerty Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:59 am

Sign me up!
capn qwerty
capn qwerty
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

DOOM The Forum Game ACT ONE: Escaping the Flames Empty Re: DOOM The Forum Game ACT ONE: Escaping the Flames

Post by Death no More Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:10 am

Sign me up Very Happy
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by XNate02 Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:00 am

ill give it a shot
XNate02
XNate02
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2345
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:08 am

I SHALL SIGN UP
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:45 am

Ill probably join up in act 2 as im going to be away for a few days.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:46 am

it will be more than a few days before you get anywhere near act 2, but youc an really join in at any time
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:48 am

kk put me on standby or something i'll join up when i get back
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:50 am

I didn't read any of this thread.

Where do I sign up?
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:02 pm

okay.. thats more than enough people to get started right there, lol
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by capn qwerty Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:15 pm

PiEman wrote:I didn't read any of this thread.

Where do I sign up?
Did you at least read the first post? If not, go read it. Right now. What part of now do you not understand?
capn qwerty
capn qwerty
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:49 pm

I'm playing. I was part of that test, I want to finish!
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:50 pm

im in
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:08 pm

Count me in.
Gold Spartan
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405

http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny tim Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:22 pm

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:46 pm

capn qwerty wrote:
PiEman wrote:I didn't read any of this thread.

Where do I sign up?
Did you at least read the first post? If not, go read it. Right now. What part of now do you not understand?

NEVARRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and, what ship is that in your sig? The one that says, "as of this moment, we are at war"?
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573

Back to top Go down

Post by capn qwerty Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:46 pm

Battlestar Galactica.
capn qwerty
capn qwerty
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:50 pm

Okay, im making the first map right now... when that finished and everything else is ready it will be started
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:18 pm

Kasrkin Seath wrote:Okay, im making the first map right now... when that finished and everything else is ready it will be started
We still dont have much info on how to play care to fill us in?
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny tim Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:25 pm

Yay! I'm in!

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:34 pm

Death no more wrote:
Kasrkin Seath wrote:Okay, im making the first map right now... when that finished and everything else is ready it will be started
We still dont have much info on how to play care to fill us in?
The first level is supposed to be crash course, im gonna run you through how to play and have instructions when I post it.
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:19 pm

Player Generation
Fill this out and send it to me in a PM, I will keep hold of it.

Player:
Name:
Weight:
Hair_Color:
Eye_Color:

Attributes
Strength:
Agility:
Intelligence:

Skills
Pistol:
Shotgun:
Observant:
Human Compass:
Melee:

Health
50%

-HOW TO FILL THIS OUT-

Just reasonable in the first section.

Attributes. You start with 1 point in each, you have 3 points to spend.
I would suggest balancing everything out at first.

Strength - Effects Amount of Weight that can be carried and how powerfull melee attacks are. Every point increases weight capacity by 20 pounds. Every Two points adds a point of damage to non-chainsaw melee attacks

Agility - Effects how quickly you move and how likely you are to not be hit by an attack. A players base movement speed is 5, every two points adds a point to this. Every 6 points lowers enemy hit rolls by 1(a good thing)

Intelligence - Effects how quickly skills are learned and how quickly you gain experience. Every 2 points increases rate of learning. Every 6 points increases experience earned by 25%

Choose two skills to become skilled in. Skills are in 3 levels, Unskilled, Skilled or Expert.

SKILL_____UNSKILLED_______MINOR
Pistol____Hit3(5)_________Hit4(10)
Shotgun___Hit3(5)_________Hit3(10)
Observant___1_______________3
Human Compass_0 redirects__ 1 Redirect
Melee_____Hit3____________Hit4
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny tim Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:32 pm

what?

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:35 pm

what do you mean, what?
Its part of the RPG half, it looks kinda complicated but its very simple.
I may scrap most of it for simplification though

oh, btw, players 1, 3 and 8 start with pistols
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:38 pm

Kasrkin Seath wrote:what do you mean, what?
Its part of the RPG half, it looks kinda complicated but its very simple.
I may scrap most of it for simplification though

oh, btw, players 1, 3 and 8 start with pistols
aww you suck! and I just skilled with ma pistol Sad
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum