Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus

+9
A_Bearded_Swede
Vigil
Ukurse
Cheese
Dud Doodoo
KristallNacht
Toaster
dragoon9105
kslidz
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus

PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus - Page 2 Vote_lcap79%PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus - Page 2 Vote_rcap 79% 
[ 15 ]
PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 19

PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:52 pm

I'm quite interested in Natal cause....i'm open minded?

Anyways i enjoy the whole idea about it. It's a good way for more people to get into video games and i'm fine with that.

I'm curious about how much this thing will cost...
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus

Post by kslidz Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:24 pm

i really want a Natal based starwars game although it would need a type of controller for moving forwards and i need something in my hand to feel like i actually have a lightsaber

although if they made a game that was solely based on magic it would be amazing

think about it to cast a spell you either do a dance( lol) or say the name of the spell then you get to throw it

think about it

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:16 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:Like clever bot?

If Cleverbot were real, then yes. Cleverbot is just random conversation between two people who both THINK they are talking to Cleverbot.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715

Back to top Go down

Post by Carcarius Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:06 pm

It's just a fad people. As long as you spend money on product "A" other companies will copy product "A" to capitalize on the revenue. Look at guitar hero, once it got popular, everyone is trying to push plastic peripherals down our throats.
Carcarius
Carcarius
Minion

Male Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by kslidz Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:36 pm

except for SSB which is why i have put an entire thread devoted to it

it make no sense im sure Natal costed a lot more than to make a decent SSB clone

kslidz
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:47 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:
Everything else seams like a cheap gimick unless M$ plans on making a starwars game witch uses the motion controls for force powers and lightsaber fighting.

dude.....srsly? even the subtle differences it can make in games is gonna be awesome.

Just imagine a rock band that actually tracks the player and mirrors the position of your body onto your character in game. better yet, scores you a bit better for actually being active and not lounging.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by kslidz Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:51 pm

did you guys see the article taht was about how one guy got to use it for burnout paradise

he said it was awesome

and then the Micro execs said that it would have backwards compatibility as long as the game devs came up with a patch, which then they said was easy to do

srsly if Bungie does this for halo3 and no one else does ill play halo 3 again and prolly buy the maps i havent yet for that sole reason

kslidz
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:33 am

Kslidz wrote:srsly if Bungie does this for halo3 and no one else does ill play halo 3 again and prolly buy the maps i havent yet for that sole reason

How exactly would you want this to be implemented into halo 3? You want to stand infron of your screen and pretend to hold a gun? I don't.

Peter Molyneux is the onloy one who seems to get it. Use the technology to create completely new experiences, not to shoehorn in old experiences.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:54 am

I think shoehorning in driving would still be good. I mean we've had God knows how many wheels come out - but burnout does sound awesome. (if they get rid of that stupid traffic checking that takes all the difficulty out)

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:02 am

ReconToaster wrote:
How exactly would you want this to be implemented into halo 3? You want to stand infron of your screen and pretend to hold a gun? I don't.

Peter Molyneux is the onloy one who seems to get it. Use the technology to create completely new experiences, not to shoehorn in old experiences.

I'd still want it shoehorned in old experiences for simple stuff.

Like HALO 3 for example. Have it automatically sync controllers to your GT when you plop down on the couch for a LAN party.

Its really all about the subtle differences. Since that's what makes it an EXPERIENCE.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by kslidz Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:28 am

ReconToaster wrote:
Kslidz wrote:srsly if Bungie does this for halo3 and no one else does ill play halo 3 again and prolly buy the maps i havent yet for that sole reason

im not saying i want this to be the only way its used im just saying that i want this as well

yeah shoehorn the crap out of that bitch

ill have a good time

kslidz
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:39 am

NT wrote:Like HALO 3 for example. Have it automatically sync controllers to your GT when you plop down on the couch for a LAN party.

Its really all about the subtle differences. Since that's what makes it an EXPERIENCE.

Ok, I can certainly see the convenient benefits of something like that.

Still, all you need for that is a camera with facial recognition, or the already existing vision cam, with an update to games allowing them to analyze the video feed coming from it to recognize faces.

Hell, they could release a controler that reads your fingerprint. That'd be great!
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:43 am

ReconToaster wrote:Hell, they could release a controler that reads your fingerprint. That'd be great!

And then releases it to the FBI >.>

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:29 pm

ReconToaster wrote:]

Ok, I can certainly see the convenient benefits of something like that.

Still, all you need for that is a camera with facial recognition, or the already existing vision cam, with an update to games allowing them to analyze the video feed coming from it to recognize faces.

Hell, they could release a controler that reads your fingerprint. That'd be great!

or, instead of fail ideas. Use Natal, since it also allows voice commands for navigating the dash
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:18 am

kslidz wrote:well im interestin in what microsoft will do for stuff like swords *cough*light*cough*sabers*cough* and the like cause when i swing my arm i want a something in my hand to grip so it feel real
Use a toy lightsaber. It will feel more real than a Wiimote.

ReconToaster wrote:None. I'm tired of all these control peripheral. I'd much prefer that developers continue to progress within the realm of interactivity that we CURRENTLY posses.

Games controlled via gamepad/mouse and keyboard have a long way to go. There is no need to add more control interfaces.
I'm just waiting for mind control.
But yeah, all you really need is a keyboard, mouse, and sensible hotkeys.

Dud Doodoo wrote:

M$ shat in everyone's faces this time around. I mean, it pretty much shits all over the mouse and keyboard for RTS games, wouldn't you agree?
Nope.
I'd have to see it to believe it. A mouse is going to be WAY more precise than motion controls. And that's what matters in an RTS. Precision, not spamming.

ReconToaster wrote:
Dud wrote:it pretty much shits all over the mouse and keyboard for RTS games, wouldn't you agree?

I disagree. Sure... it MIGHT offer somewhat of an equivelant... but really... I don't see how it 'shits all over mouse and keyboard.' What does it do better? I still think it would be more inconvenient to sit at a couch with an outstretched arm, trying to keep it steady as you select units. Aren't these 'innovations' supposed to make games more fluid?
I might have to point out that I once debated Dud on this, and he seems to think that the keyboard and mouse went out in 1997.

ReconToaster wrote:
NT wrote:Except an AI without all that stuff suddenly isn't intruiging at all.

I'd much rather have a deep text conversation with an AI than encounter one that simply recognizes colors and stores important dates.
PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus - Page 2 Pod_bay_doors

ReconToaster wrote:

If Cleverbot were real, then yes. Cleverbot is just random conversation between two people who both THINK they are talking to Cleverbot.
Wrong.
Cleverbot is a chatterbot program that learns from the people it talks to. It stores what people are saying and plays it back when it gets cues.
It's a very slow, somewhat stupid computer...
But even machines need love.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:31 am

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:

ReconToaster wrote:

Wrong.
Cleverbot is a chatterbot program that learns from the people it talks to. It stores what people are saying and plays it back when it gets cues.
It's a very slow, somewhat stupid computer...
But even machines need love.
The reason why Cleverbot says we are cleverbot and says that he is a human is because it is what we have been saying to it. We have being telling it that we are humans and that it is a chatbox, so it repeats what we say, but back to us.

So If we were all to say "I am Cleverbot and you are a Human" then cleverbot would say "I am Cleverbot and you are a human" and vice versa.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:03 am

They've actally started working on a very basic mind control. I saw a third person dude running around and John Clease (Cleese?) play pong. He wasnt very good.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:20 am

Cheese wrote:They've actally started working on a very basic mind control. I saw a third person dude running around and John Clease (Cleese?) play pong. He wasnt very good.
There is a record for the most points score with just using your mind.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:45 am

Cheese wrote:They've actally started working on a very basic mind control. I saw a third person dude running around and John Clease (Cleese?) play pong. He wasnt very good.

they've had that for a long time lol

like...over 5 years. It just has to be heavily calibrated to the user.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:31 am

We have the tech for VERY advanced intrusive devices, like things that would go into the nerve endings in your eyes, ears, and spinal cord. Obviously there is little market for such things and with all the high risks it creates a very small pool of users and very nervous companies. Therefore it never really got any backing.

As for non intrusive devices, you pretty much have to scream UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in your mind over and over to get some very basic commands, and they often do not work correctly.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:54 am

Dud Doodoo wrote:We have the tech for VERY advanced intrusive devices, like things that would go into the nerve endings in your eyes, ears, and spinal cord. Obviously there is little market for such things and with all the high risks it creates a very small pool of users and very nervous companies. Therefore it never really got any backing.

Lol... isnt that a movie?

eXistEnz or something

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:47 pm

I voted Natal cuz it had a cool name XD
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Elabajaba Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:54 pm

ReconToaster wrote: Seriously. When playing halo, would you rather be walking in place whilst standing in front of your screen and holding up your hands in a gun position, yelling "pow pow" so that the voice recognition might allow you to shoot?
I would love that, imagine doing that while also having your mike in while playing something like L4D or GRAW.

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:59 pm

I would like to do that... in VR

It isn't as fun in your living room, because your in a fucking living room, not a foriegn location.

And saying pow pow would be stupid...

Unless someone develops a gun that fires when you say pow pow, but then spec. ops. would be obsolete ^^
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2