Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus

+9
A_Bearded_Swede
Vigil
Ukurse
Cheese
Dud Doodoo
KristallNacht
Toaster
dragoon9105
kslidz
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus

PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus Vote_lcap16%PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus Vote_lcap79%PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus Vote_rcap 79% 
[ 15 ]
PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus Vote_lcap5%PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 19

PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus Empty PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus

Post by kslidz Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:07 pm

poll explains itself which do you think is the best

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus Empty Re: PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus

Post by dragoon9105 Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:23 pm

Isn't the answer obvious. Natal. Not controller required.

Of course the creepy Ai might keep me away as much as the pricetag.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus Empty Re: PS3 Motion Control, Project Natal or Wii Motion Plus

Post by kslidz Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:27 pm

well im interestin in what microsoft will do for stuff like swords *cough*light*cough*sabers*cough* and the like cause when i swing my arm i want a something in my hand to grip so it feel real

kslidz
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:45 pm

None. I'm tired of all these control peripheral. I'd much prefer that developers continue to progress within the realm of interactivity that we CURRENTLY posses.

Games controlled via gamepad/mouse and keyboard have a long way to go. There is no need to add more control interfaces.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by kslidz Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:51 pm

well i for one am extremely excited and would love to see both control schemes in games

kslidz
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:38 pm

Natal.

Because it has application outside of merely motion control for games.

Auto-sign in could make things SOOOO much easier when setting up games and shit.

Imagine have your friends just grab controllers and plopping onto your couch and your Xbox syns their gamertags to the controllers and signs in automatically.

Plus just 'minority report'ing your way through the netflix, facebook, and last.fm menus.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:46 am

Natal obviously, it is a MUCH larger advance in gaming technology than the others. All the PS3 showed was augmented reality, and most of it wasn't really new...

Obviously the wii was nothing new...

M$ shat in everyone's faces this time around. I mean, it pretty much shits all over the mouse and keyboard for RTS games, wouldn't you agree?

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:41 am

Futuristic sounding motion thingies always have a tendency to be a huge let down. Remember the power glove anyone? I'm glad I dont!

But to be fair I still dont know much about these.

Mkay I just watched the Natal one, and I am between nervous anticipation, and utter dread.

The start was exactly what I expected, tonnes of gimmicky stuff that basically copied the Wii in wondering what funky movements people would enjoy (you can enjoy standing up and leaning forwards, as wheels are tightened on screen!). The dinosaur thing looked scarily similar to many of the Wiis opening numbers. At this point I felt microsoft was just copying the wii.

Then the skate thing came up, and looked pretty good. I'm not so into skateboards, but it was a real game and that's all I ever wanted.

Then the avatar thing just made me lol. Still looked cool though; but maybe I wont be trying dresses just yet.

Voice recognition will just not work. I have some confidence in the facial recognition... but voice is just not happening.

Overall impression - Another fresh new control system that gives us less control than controllers, possibly opening the gates to a bunch of 'here's a new way of moving around kinda' games. But the minority report thing would be awesome. And it is the next step towards VR, which has always been a dream of mine.... Nobody has that much room in front of their xbox! Faces will be kicked.

Lol... Watching Milo. People will play this? Peter Moleneux sure loves his emotional connections. Does even he have kids?

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:37 am

I agree with all of that Cheese.

Dud, it's not an advance in gaming tech. It's an advance in digital interaction.... but it will likely do nothing for REAL games.

Seriously. When playing halo, would you rather be walking in place whilst standing in front of your screen and holding up your hands in a gun position, yelling "pow pow" so that the voice recognition might allow you to shoot?

I don't see why people are so eager to change controls. Preserve the way we interact with games, and make games within that space BETTER.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:29 am

Well, I'm a twin.
So it might be hard for the AI to tell me and my brother apart.

I don't think people are overrating it, and I think it will be fun (Even though the people in the ad look like faggots) But I do think people expect it to do things that are just far too hard design and program, for a reasonable price. So people will accuse it of not being able to do all the things they had wanted.

And also people are saying some of it functions are so much more important and amazing than it will actually be.

People don't realize how hard it would be to do some of the things they have already been requesting.
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:42 am

Cheese, you really don't understand this at all, do you? A copy of the Wii? Are you fucking kidding? I'll say it again, learn what the hell you are talking about.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:56 am

It's a copy of a Wii because it's another pointless gimmick to control video games.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:07 am

Vigil wrote:It's a copy of a Wii because it's another pointless gimmick to control video games.

This.

Gee Dud. Sad

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:00 pm

Dud wrote:it pretty much shits all over the mouse and keyboard for RTS games, wouldn't you agree?

I disagree. Sure... it MIGHT offer somewhat of an equivelant... but really... I don't see how it 'shits all over mouse and keyboard.' What does it do better? I still think it would be more inconvenient to sit at a couch with an outstretched arm, trying to keep it steady as you select units. Aren't these 'innovations' supposed to make games more fluid?

Dud wrote:Cheese, you really don't understand this at all, do you? A copy of the Wii? Are you fucking kidding? I'll say it again, learn what the hell you are talking about.

Microsoft is copying Nintendo in that they are putting out silly motion conrtrol devices, and suddenly attempting to appeal to 'casual gamers,' rather than those who are dedicated to their games.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:40 pm

Besides, I think what I actually said was, 'At this point I felt microsoft was just copying the wii.'

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by kslidz Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:36 pm

i dont know about you guys but i have dreamed for years of doing stuff and having the console input that into the game for

and i dont just mean actions either i mean drawings if in the game you can design stuff
not only that but recon Natal basically gave birth to Milo and if you dont think that will improve future games than you are crazy

I do think that Natal will need a type of controller for buttons triggers and joysticks but they wont be expensive cause all they will need in them is wireless capability and a few buttons, considering Natal will see that it is in your hands it wont need a motion sensor

kslidz
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:01 pm

kslidz wrote:i dont know about you guys but i have dreamed for years of doing stuff and having the console input that into the game for

and i dont just mean actions either i mean drawings if in the game you can design stuff
not only that but recon Natal basically gave birth to Milo and if you dont think that will improve future games than you are crazy

I do think that Natal will need a type of controller for buttons triggers and joysticks but they wont be expensive cause all they will need in them is wireless capability and a few buttons, considering Natal will see that it is in your hands it wont need a motion sensor

I'm not impressed by Milo because all we saw of Milo was an edited video. Still, I don't think we necessarily need Natal for something like that. The part of the concept of Milo that intrigues me is the intelligence, which you don't need to be pretending to put on a hat to experience.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:02 pm

Ohhh... I just realised why I was so dubious. It has the potential to be another eye-toy. Dunno about you, but that just didnt work for me.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by kslidz Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:33 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
kslidz wrote:i dont know about you guys but i have dreamed for years of doing stuff and having the console input that into the game for

I'm not impressed by Milo because all we saw of Milo was an edited video. Still, I don't think we necessarily need Natal for something like that. The part of the concept of Milo that intrigues me is the intelligence, which you don't need to be pretending to put on a hat to experience.

well without Natal you dont have facial recognition nor voice recognition so yeah you do need Natal

also just because that video is edited doesnt mean its not real

there were several people that got to test out Milo and they had never seen milo before and they wrote down everything they and milo said it was still amazing

one was eurogamer look it up if you dont believe it

kslidz
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:51 pm

from kotaku:

I talked to Peter Molyneux's virtual boy on the Xbox 360. He liked the color of my shirt.

link: http://kotaku.com/5275204/testing-molyneuxs-milo-a-virtual-boy-with-yes-a-dog
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:56 pm

Kslidz wrote:well without Natal you dont have facial recognition nor voice recognition so yeah you do need Natal

My point was that the only part which intrigues me... the AI, does not need all of that stuff.

@ NT, I read that article when it was first posted.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:59 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
Kslidz wrote:well without Natal you dont have facial recognition nor voice recognition so yeah you do need Natal

My point was that the only part which intrigues me... the AI, does not need all of that stuff.

@ NT, I read that article when it was first posted.

I'm not sure the AI will be all that great. My feeling is that it'll all go into stuff like recognizing the shirts and the smiles and key words but in the end be no smarter than smartbot.

Peter doesn't think people will abuse him, ey?

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:00 pm

Except an AI without all that stuff suddenly isn't intruiging at all.

Since you can't tell how much is pre programmed and how much is dynamic.

with facial recognition, and voice recognition the AI has to act on its feet. Plus in case you missed what Molyneux was saying, Milo RECOGNIZES your emotions.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:10 pm

NT wrote:Except an AI without all that stuff suddenly isn't intruiging at all.

I'd much rather have a deep text conversation with an AI than encounter one that simply recognizes colors and stores important dates.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:04 pm

Like clever bot?

Milo is still a good step towards good conversation AI in rpg's. I mean why choose from dialogue choices when you can just jump in and speak for yourself.

Everything else seams like a cheap gimick unless M$ plans on making a starwars game witch uses the motion controls for force powers and lightsaber fighting.
dragoon9105
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum