Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pirate Journals

+19
KrAzY
JB
CivBase
Felix
PiEdude
Ukurse
Lord Pheonix
Cheese
TNine
R!zZle BiZzl£
Rasq'uire'laskar
RX
capn qwerty
Angatar
BBJynne
Untamed Reign
Gauz
Toaster
KristallNacht
23 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Pirate Journals - Page 9 Empty Re: Pirate Journals

Post by KristallNacht Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:19 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
When you spouted that 9-11 crap, proving how much the American education system has failed you, I humored you by trying to prove you wrong, only to be dismissed by a simple "Lulz, that doesn't look like a 747."

That was a fail on your side as you were using the exact same evidence I was citing, except citing it back against me to mean something the opposite of what it was. And on being asked for proof to back up the rest of your statements, you failed to do so.

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:When you were talking about that Nostradamus crap, I humored you.

How so? He pretty much has gotten everything right.

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:Eminem and Metallica haven't killed off ALL of the neurons in your brain

I don't listen to either of them.
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:58 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
When you spouted that 9-11 crap, proving how much the American education system has failed you, I humored you by trying to prove you wrong, only to be dismissed by a simple "Lulz, that doesn't look like a 747."

That was a fail on your side as you were using the exact same evidence I was citing, except citing it back against me to mean something the opposite of what it was. And on being asked for proof to back up the rest of your statements, you failed to do so.
Not remembering quite which thread it was, I can only go from memory.
And I remember YOU never submitted any evidence.
You claimed that the plane could not have hit that way. I said it could have, and cited Popular Mechanics. You claimed that the Pentagon refused to release security tapes on the incident. I said that the only security tapes that caught the crash were released, and got an example from Snopes.

KristallNacht wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:When you were talking about that Nostradamus crap, I humored you.

How so? He pretty much has gotten everything right.
No. He hasn't.
People have to shoehorn his predictions into actual events. Sure, he's gotten pretty darn close once or twice, but with hundreds of predictions, that's statistically bound to happen.
Nobody has taken his predictions and correctly applied them ahead of time.

KristallNacht wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:Eminem and Metallica haven't killed off ALL of the neurons in your brain
I don't listen to either of them.
A shot in the dark. You seem to have pirated everything, so I figured you've listened to them at some point in your life.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:09 pm

Rasq wrote:You claimed that the plane could not have hit that way. I said it could have, and cited Popular Mechanics. You claimed that the Pentagon refused to release security tapes on the incident. I said that the only security tapes that caught the crash were released, and got an example from Snopes.

How did I miss out on the 9/11 conspiracy discussion? Anyways, I somehow doubt that the most secure building in the United States only had one camera on an entire side, recording at one frame per second.

I'd like to pick up that article of Popular Mechanics, 'cause as much as I hate to buy into conspiracies like that, and I REALLY do, some of the stuff surrounding 9/11 just doesn't seem to fit.

I won't say it was an 'inside job,' but I certainly think there was more to it than we were told.

Pirate Journals - Page 9 Wtc7an

No. He hasn't.
People have to shoehorn his predictions into actual events. Sure, he's gotten pretty darn close once or twice, but with hundreds of predictions, that's statistically bound to happen.
Nobody has taken his predictions and correctly applied them ahead of time.

Exactly. His predictions are extremely vague. He wrote something along the lines of "A great empire will be attacked" and so people gave him credit for predicting 9/11.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:07 pm

Have you read his stuff concerning Hitler?

He actually went so far as to give him a name, which was ONE LETTER OFF. (i think he wrote hilter or something, its been a while)
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:32 pm

KristallNacht wrote:Have you read his stuff concerning Hitler?

He actually went so far as to give him a name, which was ONE LETTER OFF. (i think he wrote hilter or something, its been a while)

http://www.spartechsoftware.com/dimensions/mystical/Nostradamus.htm

interesting.... though I'd like to know whether or not those translations are accurate.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:01 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:Have you read his stuff concerning Hitler?

http://www.spartechsoftware.com/dimensions/mystical/Nostradamus.htm

interesting.... though I'd like to know whether or not those translations are accurate.
Doubtful.
His predictions were written down in books which were not mass-produced, and were copied decades or centuries later, by people with little connection to him. Ergo, the punctuation and some of the spelling is often not original.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:14 pm

ReconToaster wrote:How did I miss out on the 9/11 conspiracy discussion? Anyways, I somehow doubt that the most secure building in the United States only had one camera on an entire side, recording at one frame per second.
It was a parking lot camera. There were others, but I seem to recall that the plane came in over that parking lot...

ReconToaster wrote:I'd like to pick up that article of Popular Mechanics, 'cause as much as I hate to buy into conspiracies like that, and I REALLY do, some of the stuff surrounding 9/11 just doesn't seem to fit.
March 2005 issue. Most of it is available on their website, but there's a book they wrote with John McCain giving a foreword.

ReconToaster wrote:I won't say it was an 'inside job,' but I certainly think there was more to it than we were told.
At most, we were caught with our pants down around our ankles, and somebody protected his turf, because people were going to be asking "Why didn't we see this coming?!"

But here is the question I have posted to these conspiracy theorists, these failures of the American Public Education System. "If there was any proof of the Bush Administration working with or abetting terrorists, why hasn't some Democrat in Congress brought it out and pushed through with charges of impeachment?"

Their answer, when they give one: "Because they were all in on it!".
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:14 pm

Rasq wrote:It was a parking lot camera. There were others, but I seem to recall that the plane came in over that parking lot...

High tech equipment at the pentagon ey? And that pilot is pretty damn skilled. Must have been some really good simulation software. I mean... damn that's close to the ground.

Rasq wrote:But here is the question I have posted to these conspiracy theorists, these failures of the American Public Education System. "If there was any proof of the Bush Administration working with or abetting terrorists, why hasn't some Democrat in Congress brought it out and pushed through with charges of impeachment?"

Well, to be fair, even if some politician DID find strong evidence of foul play, he probably wouldn't want to destroy his career by making himself out to be a crazy conspiracy theorist, and if it was an inside job, I doubt Bush would have been in on it. I think it tends to be more that he is a 'puppet of his administration.'

I just think some things involved are a bit sketchy, like:

A: One of the terrorist's passports magically escaped from the inferno, unscathed, and was found a few blocks from the World Trade Center? hmmmmmmm

B: Their decent was pretty dead straight... and a little odd. This is the point where I would like to read that Popular mechanics issue. I think it might clear things like that up. It just seems so.... wrong, not that they would eventually collapse, but that they would do so so perfectly.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:02 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
Well, to be fair, even if some politician DID find strong evidence of foul play, he probably wouldn't want to destroy his career by making himself out to be a crazy conspiracy theorist, and if it was an inside job, I doubt Bush would have been in on it. I think it tends to be more that he is a 'puppet of his administration.'
But if they had SOLID EVIDENCE that something was awry, America was willing to eat it up! The News Media was HUNGRY for something like that. Look at Bob Woodward. Watergate. Yeah, it was crazy, and it sounded more like a conspiracy theory, but it BROUGHT NIXON DOWN.

And there was only a handful of people in on that. The WTC conspiracy would have required fifty thousand.

ReconToaster wrote:A: One of the terrorist's passports magically escaped from the inferno, unscathed, and was found a few blocks from the World Trade Center? hmmmmmmm
I've only heard about that from conspiracy theorists.

ReconToaster wrote:B: Their decent was pretty dead straight... and a little odd. This is the point where I would like to read that Popular mechanics issue. I think it might clear things like that up. It just seems so.... wrong, not that they would eventually collapse, but that they would do so so perfectly.
Well, they collapsed an hour after the planes hit, so the planes wouldn't knock them over like dominoes.
Also, the towers were designed to fall like that. You don't want skyscrapers in your city that will fall over into traffic should they be destabilized, no?
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:09 pm

ReconToaster wrote:

High tech equipment at the pentagon ey? And that pilot is pretty damn skilled. Must have been some really good simulation software. I mean... damn that's close to the ground.

Yo, i'm a coxswain, and here's something i learned from docking.

When you overshoot or undershoot, you generally try to correct it, no? Chances are, the pilot didn't think the plane would drop so fast, so he undershot, and tried to pull up a bit to correct it. He probably just barely made it, and hence he was very low when he hit. I know i've done that. I've also T-Boned the dock xp.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:16 pm

T wrote:When you overshoot or undershoot, you generally try to correct it, no? Chances are, the pilot didn't think the plane would drop so fast, so he undershot, and tried to pull up a bit to correct it. He probably just barely made it, and hence he was very low when he hit. I know i've done that.

Maybe... but are your boats moving at upwards of 300 knots?
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:19 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
T wrote:When you overshoot or undershoot, you generally try to correct it, no? Chances are, the pilot didn't think the plane would drop so fast, so he undershot, and tried to pull up a bit to correct it. He probably just barely made it, and hence he was very low when he hit. I know i've done that.

Maybe... but are your boats moving at upwards of 300 knots?
No, but i'm also hitting a ten-foot dock. Speed is realative to size. He had more time to react, a large target, and a much slower-reacting vessel. Besides, it's the concept, not the actual feat.

Also, way to replace my name with the letter "T".
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by RX Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:32 pm

You've never noticed he shortens names before?
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:39 pm

TNine wrote:

lol. You used the term 'T-bone' at the end of your post, which 'caused me to have a mind fuck, and confuse the name.... so I played it safe and put T.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:23 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
TNine wrote:

lol. You used the term 'T-bone' at the end of your post, which 'caused me to have a mind fuck, and confuse the name.... so I played it safe and put T.
lmfao!

But yeah, the point stands.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:53 am

This is probably off topic by now but I still want to say it anyway...
Cheese wrote:Maybe a toy tank.
No, not maybe, definitely a toy tank.
And I don't just meant standing in a pile idiotically. I meant if they worked together, ever if were to go throuigh the barrel of the tank and into the cockpit or what ever you call it for a tank, and just creeped the shit out of the guy operating it, by crawling all over him, up his nose and in his mouth, and essentially stopping the tank.
And bake to the point, I don't think the ant could have cared less if they had 1 or 2 or 10 more ants.

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Ukurse wrote:I just don't believe in the power of one.

If there was a tank, one ant could not stop it. A few million ants could. But would those millions of ants have cared for one more ant of ever 10 more ants?
https://www.youtube.com/v/qV-tk8CrqCQ
Okay, you do that.

It doesn't really work like that in this situation because there is not way that any of us can do an equivalent of that, unless you are like a terrorist or something and deside to do something drastic...
Ukurse
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9