Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

+7
czar
JumpingJet
A_Bearded_Swede
thane321
Vigil
BBJynne
capn qwerty
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Empty Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Post by capn qwerty Fri May 08, 2009 4:55 pm

The first, and best imo, of the two. Discuss, trade stratigies, talk quests, give advice, ect.

Here's my advice: Decide, before you even start the game, what you want to focus on, (ranged combat, meele combat, force powers, demolitions, stealth, persuasion, security, repair, computer use) and pick one, maybe 2.

If you're going to focus on combat, you want high strength, dexterity, and constitution. For Force powers, Charisma and Willpower. For anything else, a relatively high Intelligence, and a high Charisma for Persuasion.

Also, you want to focus on either light or dark side; not switching between the two. The higher you light or the lower your dark affect Force powers. A high light gives a bonus to light powers, and a penalty to dark. And vice versa. Beintg neutral gives niether a bonus nor a penalty to either.

Do as many side quests as you can find. Not only do they give you opportunities for light and dark points, they always come with a reward, whether it's just experience points, an item, or credits.

Do not go into the Undercity until you have the Echani Fiber Armor. Once fully upgraded, it's the best damn armor you'll get for quite awhile. It's in one of the Aprtment complexs in the Lower City, surrounded by a bunch of hologram pads; there should be a desk in the upper right corner.

When a weapon says it has an attack modifier, it really means a "To Hit" modifier. This is a good thing.

The lower a weapons "Critical Range" is, the more likely it is that you'll get a critical hit.

When fighting Calo and Davik, focus on Calo. Davik is f***ing invincible, and he dies after you've dealt sufficient damage to Calo anyway.

Do not kill Juhani. Whether you're being good or evil, having her alive is better than having her dead.

On Dantooine, there is a side quest where you help a Jedi investigate a murder. For max EXP, question everyone there (except the other characters in your party) until you have enough info to proclaim both suspects guilty, as they both are.

Also, if/when they make a KotOR 3, what new features, force powers, and items would you like to see in it? What features/powers/items would you like them to not include? Do you have any idea's about a story?
capn qwerty
capn qwerty
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2736
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Empty Re: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Post by BBJynne Fri May 08, 2009 5:34 pm

the best robes (other than starforge) are inside some cave on Korriban... but you gotta fight a shitload of the dog things, bats, and one of those really big monsters that are a pain to fight

and the robes are light only Sad

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Empty Re: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Post by capn qwerty Fri May 08, 2009 7:13 pm

If you folow the Dark side you can get Revans Robes (+5 Strength and Def, Regeneration).
capn qwerty
capn qwerty
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Fri May 08, 2009 7:15 pm

which are gained the same way as the starforge robes, and therefore aren't any different except in name/appearance (can't remember if the stats are the same)

and

fight the bounty hunter on Korriban, he'll drop bad-ass blasters which I don't think he drops on Kashyyyk (I have no idea why this is, maybe my copy was messed up or something)

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat May 09, 2009 5:23 am

BBJynne wrote:the best robes (other than starforge) are inside some cave on Korriban... but you gotta fight a shitload of the dog things, bats, and one of those really big monsters that are a pain to fight

I believe you are talking about the Quel-Droma robes.

I gave them to Juhani.

Very Happy
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by thane321 Sat May 09, 2009 6:32 am

i prefered KoTOR2 more, i didn't finish the first...

but the first level of the second, just annoying.
thane321
thane321
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1142
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Sat May 09, 2009 7:10 am

Go for the Double Bladed light saber as quickly as possible.
With all the right crystals you have the damage at 30 minimum.

For light force powers make sure you get the heal, and force speed ones.
they'll help you out in the long run.

Also before you go on the starforge make sure you either have throw light saber(if good) or that life draining one(if bad). So when you fight Malak once he starts draining the jedi knights you can destroy them so he can't drain anymore.

I suck a grammar Razz
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by capn qwerty Sat May 09, 2009 7:32 am

BB, did you read my entire post? Because if you had, you would notice that I posted the stats for it.

I forget, do you have to get the star map before that guy will show up?

I've been wearing the Echani Fiber Armor since I got it.

The only thing I didn't like about the second one (besides the horrible story) was the whole "lightsaber style" thing. That was annoying.

On my current profile on KotOR, I've thought up a genious strategy (newbies may not want to use this yet): I'm going from planet to planet, doing everything up until I get to the Star Map, but instead of getting the Star Map, I go to the next planet. I'm hoping to be at level 20 before the Ebon Hawk gets captured by Malaks ship. I'm at 17 so far.
capn qwerty
capn qwerty
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by JumpingJet Sat May 09, 2009 2:28 pm

BBJynne wrote:the best robes (other than starforge) are inside some cave on Korriban... but you gotta fight a shitload of the dog things, bats, and one of those really big monsters that are a pain to fight

Dont the items change each time you play the game?

And i thought KotOR was the best game ever made for xbox, even better than halo!
JumpingJet
JumpingJet
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by capn qwerty Sat May 09, 2009 2:35 pm

No, the items are the same.
capn qwerty
capn qwerty
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by czar Sat May 09, 2009 5:13 pm

I was about to beat the 1st, saves got deleted. Beat the second.
I always had the Dark Jedi Robes on, never wore armor.
czar
czar
Minion

Male Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sat May 09, 2009 5:17 pm

The Sith Lords sucks. It should never have been made that's how much it sucks, as for the first one, one of the best games ever.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sat May 09, 2009 5:19 pm

The Sith Lords sucks. It should never have been made that's how much it sucks, as for the first one, one of the best games ever.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by czar Sat May 09, 2009 5:31 pm

Lol @ double post. I mean I really like the 1st one, I just enjoyed the 2nd more.

Anyways, what was your guys favorite starmap to find. I loved Manaan
czar
czar
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Sat May 09, 2009 5:55 pm

Tatoonine, you got to blow up a giant lizard and double cross the guy that helped you do it.

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by czar Sat May 09, 2009 6:10 pm

I loved how on Manaan you walk underwater to get to the starmap. The suit was badass too, even though the only attack you could do was that sonic blast thing.
czar
czar
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Sat May 09, 2009 6:12 pm

I wish it showed you getting eaten on Manaan... lolz....
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun May 10, 2009 7:54 am

In the original, Kalo Nord's Armour has the highest defence in the game, espically when you upgrade it (I believe it has a defence rating of 12 when upgraded)

My favourite Star Map was the one on Korriban
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by capn qwerty Sun May 10, 2009 9:46 am

It does.

My favorite planet would have to be Kashyyk. Mainly because you get Jolee. Have you ever talked to him? Most of the stuff he says is pretty funny.
capn qwerty
capn qwerty
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Untamed Reign Sun May 10, 2009 10:49 am

I've never played this game before but you guys make it sound pretty interesting. How much would it cost nowadays ?

Untamed Reign
Minion

Male Number of posts : 889

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun May 10, 2009 10:55 am

capn qwerty wrote:It does.

My favorite planet would have to be Kashyyk. Mainly because you get Jolee. Have you ever talked to him? Most of the stuff he says is pretty funny.

Jolee is awesome

'Here I go waxing Phislogical again, somebody shoot me before I start talking it riddles dammit.'

'Just think of me as any other non-jedi in your party. With a Lightsaber....... And Force Powers.'

And his closing dialogue is brilliant

'Oh I get it. Let's play with the old man's head shall we? He's half senile, he'll forget I said anything, wait what was this about anyway?'
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by capn qwerty Sun May 10, 2009 12:14 pm

Untamed Reign wrote:I've never played this game before but you guys make it sound pretty interesting. How much would it cost nowadays ?
$10-$15 probably.
capn qwerty
capn qwerty
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by RX Sun May 10, 2009 12:58 pm

Funny dialouge? Go get Time Splitters: Future Perfect. Funniest game I've ever played.
RX
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Sun May 10, 2009 1:23 pm

cost me five dollars used

then I lost the disk >.>

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Mon May 11, 2009 1:44 pm

HK-47 FTW!!!
Meat bags....
>.>
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next