Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: Battlefront (EA)

+2
KrAzY
CivBase
6 posters

Go down

Star Wars: Battlefront (EA) Empty Star Wars: Battlefront (EA)

Post by CivBase Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:36 pm

Star Wars: Battlefront (EA) Inthegame-sm
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Battlefront (EA) Empty Re: Star Wars: Battlefront (EA)

Post by KrAzY Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:27 am

my biggest dissappointment of the year came about 20 minutes into playing the beta and realizing I was having no fun. Battlefront 1 and 2 were 2 of my favorite games of all time, this game makes me sad.
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:52 am

I honestly wouldn't mind the game (as much) if the DLC wasn't paid for and so damn expensive. You're basically paying for an entire new game for a bare minimum worth of content.

Also hardly any vehicles. Like why?
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:58 am

one man vehicle powerups.

I wanted a large scale combined-arms starwars game, which is what I was expecting from DICE. somehow they made a game that didnt feel like battlefield OR battlefront.

it looks and sounds great, thats all it has. if they later make vehicles not be powerups, give the rebels a ground vehicle or two, let other people ride in your vehicles, ect. then I will try it again.

my dream game is ARMA in the starwars universe
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:32 am

Yeah, space battles being gone is probably reason #1 to not get this game. That was probably the coolest part of Battlefront 2.
Nocbl2
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4814
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:55 am

O.o wow, nothing positive at all to say about the game?

Personally I love it. I think they did a fantastic job with the gameplay. I think vehicle, air and infantry combat are blended and balanced very nicely. The whole massive battle atmosphere is done better than in the originals, especially on Hoth. The only things I can say that are negative about the game are obviously the DLC bullshit, the small number of maps, and the fact that it's region locked multiplayer and basically nobody in Japan has an xbox. (Except for the military here) If I want to get into a game I have to join a friends. Otherwise, I have to spend multiple hours searching for a game and usually give up. Visually it is one of the most impressive next generation games around, and the Star Wars look/sound/feel was captured far better than any previous attempt.

I feel like this community's reaction to every game that has come out in recent memory has been strongly negative. Is there nothing that you like? I understand that nostalgia plays an important role in our expectations of things, but sometimes you need to just take a step back and enjoy yourself.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:51 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:I feel like this community's reaction to every game that has come out in recent memory has been strongly negative.  Is there nothing that you like?  I understand that nostalgia plays an important role in our expectations of things, but sometimes you need to just take a step back and enjoy yourself.
I dunno, haven't played it or the originals.

As for recent games I liked... Borderlands. Keep in mind that I don't play many new releases, so Borderlands is new for me and very fun.

Oh, and ARK! ARK is great! I play fast-XP servers and find deserted corners of the island to set up base and build and hone my skills until some raptor spawn kills me and destroys the compound, at which point I either wander aimlessly or find a new server. If anyone else feels like playing, I'd love to get our own clan going.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:17 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:O.o wow, nothing positive at all to say about the game?

Personally I love it.  I think they did a fantastic job with the gameplay.  I think vehicle, air and infantry combat are blended and balanced very nicely.  The whole massive battle atmosphere is done better than in the originals, especially on Hoth.  The only things I can say that are negative about the game are obviously the DLC bullshit, the small number of maps, and the fact that it's region locked multiplayer and basically nobody in Japan has an xbox. (Except for the military here) If I want to get into a game I have to join a friends.  Otherwise, I have to spend multiple hours searching for a game and usually give up.  Visually it is one of the most impressive next generation games around, and the Star Wars look/sound/feel was captured far better than any previous attempt.

I feel like this community's reaction to every game that has come out in recent memory has been strongly negative.  Is there nothing that you like?  I understand that nostalgia plays an important role in our expectations of things, but sometimes you need to just take a step back and enjoy yourself.

And you're right, it does make you feel like you're in the star wars universe, the game looks and feels incredibly. To me however it feels lacking. Comparing to the old games means nothing as new games change and evolve with the times. But we lost so many features from previous battlefront games with not much gained. We lost galactic conquest mode, a single player campaign (or anything really single player focused), classes, different era units/factions, vehicles (for the most part). It doesn't feel like a battlefront game in my eyes.

But if we took away the comparison and judged it by other games currently out, it feels like a low grade call of duty clone (that does look fantastic don't get me wrong) that if you want to get the full (maybe) value out of the game, you have to spend over $100.

Know I won't rally against spending lots of money on a game(hell I bought Civ 5 and full price and most of the DLC at launch) but only if adds extra content to enrich the experience, rather than charging extra for content that should have been included in the game from launch.

There are plenty of games currently out that I love, like GTA V, Civ 5 (which we should all start up again damn it) Starcraft II, Xcom (I mean who isn't excited for xcom 2). There is nothing wrong with enjoying a game, and if you enjoy battlefront the more power to you. But to say we should just accept a shell of a game for a full $60 price tag, plus $50 season pass (seriously that's a whole other game!) and just be ok with that is something I can not do.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:46 pm

I enjoy a lot of games, most games in fact, I play a LOT of casual games and really don't consider myself a hardcore person. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes... but dud, I really hope you do actually enjoy the game (good on you if you do) and aren't just trying to justify wasting 60 bucks to yourself.

Most of the games people react negatively to here are games whose previous iterations had more depth than their newer iterations that are coming out now, to pander to a wider audience. Battlefront has very little depth, horrible spawns, bad balance, and removed a lot of stuff that made the previous versions (and battlefield) fun combined-arms experiences. the vehicles do jack-shit and are immediately destroyed (except for AT-AT's which last a little longer due to being invincible and has a limited period of use) and are fucking pick-ups instead of actual vehicles, Heros get 30+ kills with no effort, and the game has no way to communicate to actually try to coordinate attacks.

I also really dont get anyone who says the air combat in the game is fun, you have very little control over the ships and all the fancy moves are just pre-made dodge buttons (on PS4 at least). Rouge Squadron had better flight controls, and that game didn't have dual sticks or mouse+keyboard for controls, and is 18 years old.

if the game made vehicles not be pickups I might enjoy it. But picking up a glowing snowspeeder orb to fly one breaks my immersion. I dont even mind the cards and all the classes being lost and shit, the vehicles are what ruin this game for me. Combined arms warfare is what I want from a multiplayer war game, one of the reasons why I gravitated to halo instead of call of duty

I'll stick to Arma 3, which I do find engaging. if I want something that looks like starwars and will keep me entertained for more than 30 minutes, I will watch starwars.
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:36 pm

I like a lot of games, but I usually don't have anything particular to say about them other than "it's good."  That's why I write crap on forums instead of go into games journalism Razz

(well... that's one of many reasons, at least)

I also sometimes use forums to vent my frustration about games that I wanted to be good.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:17 pm

I will give this game one thing back after being mad at it so much.

getting drunk and playing splitscreen against AI with a friend is fun. its a shame you cant do that splitscreen online, but the experiance of playing with someone did add a lot to it.
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down