Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

best movie

+25
Ukurse
RX
Vigil
JumpingJet
Rasq'uire'laskar
Angatar
Zaki90
Untamed Reign
PiEdude
czar
kslidz
A_Bearded_Swede
R!zZle BiZzl£
thane321
CivBase
Cheese
Death no More
Nocbl2
KrAzY
Gold Spartan
Toaster
Twizzey
Kislany
Lord Pheonix
BBJynne
29 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

best movie - Page 4 Empty Re: best movie

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:13 pm

I preferred Flags of Our Fathers.
The Japanese side was good, as it's always a good thing to see things from the eyes of the enemy (Can we have a Holocaust movie from the POV of the guards?) but I was more interested in the story behind the greatest, most famous photograph in all of history.

And what REALLY got my blood boiling was the race-mongering of that black director, who accused Eastwood of whitewashing American History by not portraying a single black soldier at Iwo Jima.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:29 pm

Toy Story

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Offensive Bias- OLD Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:59 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:I preferred Flags of Our Fathers.
The Japanese side was good, as it's always a good thing to see things from the eyes of the enemy (Can we have a Holocaust movie from the POV of the guards?) but I was more interested in the story behind the greatest, most famous photograph in all of history.

And what REALLY got my blood boiling was the race-mongering of that black director, who accused Eastwood of whitewashing American History by not portraying a single black soldier at Iwo Jima.

Although I have watched Flags of our Fathers, I watched Letters From Iwo Jima first. I had, up to then, been a repeating racist to Japanese and Chinese people. I wanted to watch the film to see them suffer, but I really got involved with the plot. The characters and their emotion. How reluctant they were, and how it wasn't their fault for the bruatlity, they were forced to do it by people who would kill them if they didn't. I have real sympathy for a Japanese footsoldier in WW2. Poor buggers.

Flags of our Fathers was a great film, yet another masterpiece. It was realistic, it was gritty and it was emotional. Overall, it was an excellent film, although I do not feel the same amount of sympathy for them, as I do to the Japanese soldier, Saigo. But, they are indeed, both instant classics.
Offensive Bias- OLD
Offensive Bias- OLD
Minion

Male Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:14 pm

Grand Tourino.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:28 pm

So true.
My favorite war movie by Clint Eastwood.

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
That was Spike Lee.

Offensive Bias wrote:
Although I have watched Flags of our Fathers, I watched Letters From Iwo Jima first. I had, up to then, been a repeating racist to Japanese and Chinese people. I wanted to watch the film to see them suffer, but I really got involved with the plot. The characters and their emotion. How reluctant they were, and how it wasn't their fault for the bruatlity, they were forced to do it by people who would kill them if they didn't. I have real sympathy for a Japanese footsoldier in WW2. Poor buggers.

Flags of our Fathers was a great film, yet another masterpiece. It was realistic, it was gritty and it was emotional. Overall, it was an excellent film, although I do not feel the same amount of sympathy for them, as I do to the Japanese soldier, Saigo. But, they are indeed, both instant classics.
I can't believe I used to respect you...
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Offensive Bias- OLD Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:38 pm

PiEman wrote:
So true.
My favorite war movie by Clint Eastwood.

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
That was Spike Lee.

Offensive Bias wrote:

I can't believe I used to respect you...

*Sigh* You know what PiE? If all you're gonna do is point me out whenever I mention something about Japan, then we are gonna have a problem. I respect their culture and I am deeply interested in their role during WW2 which is almost unspoke of. You don't like them for a reason you haven't specified, and I for one, would not hate you if you disliekd something that I liked. I took this lying down until now. Please stop PiE. Opinions, we all have different ones.
Offensive Bias- OLD
Offensive Bias- OLD
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:47 pm

Offensive Bias wrote:*Sigh* You know what PiE? If all you're gonna do is point me out whenever I mention something about Japan, then we are gonna have a problem. I respect their culture and I am deeply interested in their role during WW2 which is almost unspoke of. You don't like them for a reason you haven't specified, and I for one, would not hate you if you disliekd something that I liked. I took this lying down until now. Please stop PiE. Opinions, we all have different ones.

Thank God it has been finally said!

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:48 pm

Offensive Bias wrote:*Sigh* You know what PiE? If all you're gonna do is point me out whenever I mention something about Japan, then we are gonna have a problem. I respect their culture and I am deeply interested in their role during WW2 which is almost unspoke of. You don't like them for a reason you haven't specified, and I for one, would not hate you if you disliekd something that I liked. I took this lying down until now. Please stop PiE. Opinions, we all have different ones.

Point you out?

I won't sit back and watch you respect monger for the Japs.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Offensive Bias- OLD Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:51 pm

PiEman wrote:

Point you out?

The name of the topic is "Best movie" correct? Maybe I was giving my reasons why I thought Letters From Iwo Jima was a good movie. It's like you insist on making me your enemy!
Offensive Bias- OLD
Offensive Bias- OLD
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:59 pm

You've made yourself the enemy.

You've tied yourself to my greatest enemy, and therefore, are one.
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Avenged Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:05 pm

can't we all agree Africa sucks and get along.

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Offensive Bias- OLD Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:10 pm

PiEman wrote:You've made yourself the enemy.

You've tied yourself to my greatest enemy, and therefore, are one.

I'm the furthest thing from Japanese. It's not like people majorly hate Ruski for being obsessed with Soviet Russia do they? I happen to be obsessed with Imperial Japan. I never intended to make you my enemy. You haven't even given me a reason for why you hate them. Grow up PiE.
Offensive Bias- OLD
Offensive Bias- OLD
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:53 pm

PiEman wrote:

Point you out?

Respect monger? You sound like your a clan member PiE
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:46 pm

Avenged117 wrote:can't we all agree Africa sucks and get along.

my sister would rage if see saw this

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:46 pm

yay double post!

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059