Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Existence of God

+42
T-Bone
Avenged
RX
Jamiesway
noir
Maginot Line
JB
L0d3x
Ringleader
Yam Head
Esruku
Carcarius
LH Justin
Lord Pheonix
Twizzey
tiny tim
thane321
R!zZle BiZzl£
Kasrkin Seath
BBJynne
Death no More
Untamed Reign
Angatar
KrAzY
JumpingJet
TNine
kslidz
PiEdude
dragoon9105
Vigil
Dud Doodoo
Rasq'uire'laskar
Gauz
Rotaretilbo
Cheese
Toaster
KristallNacht
XNate02
Felix
Nocbl2
CivBase
Zaki90
46 posters

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

Existence of God - Page 17 Empty Re: Existence of God

Post by Cheese Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:27 pm

BBJynne wrote:
Felix wrote:But what created God?

Chuck Norris

And Mr T created him. Who was in turn created by MC Hammer

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:44 pm

Felix wrote:
Twizzey wrote:What Created the Earth? Metoers
What Created the Solar System? A new Star
What Created the Galaxy? A bunch of material (hydrogen and such) gathered together.
What Created the Universe? Big Bang
What Created the Big Bang? Dark Matter (not sure)
What Created that? God.

But what created God?

God is not bound by the laws of conservation of energy and mass as he created all energy and mass. God is not energy or mass. God created time. Thus God is not bound by time. God is not bound by the laws as God created the laws. As God created everything. God cannot be the thing he created, God cannot be a thing, a person, or a place.

You have the wrong question. It is more like What is God?

God is something that is indescribable. There are not words to describe God as God is bound to anything in this universe. And words are to describe something in the universe. Thus words cannot describe what God is made of or what he is.

God is a mystery.

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:47 pm

Convenient...

It seems a little unfair that any suggestions atheists make must be backed by things like thermodynamics etc, whereas the religious can get away with just saying. Oh he's God. He can totally do that now. Thermodynamics? Nah, he's God. He invented thermodynamics.

Reminds me of the Superman vs Spiderman argument. Superman has ice breath now? But he has laser beams too!! What a jip...

Last edited by Cheese on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:01 pm

Zaki90 wrote:
Felix wrote:
What Created the Galaxy? A bunch of material (hydrogen and such) gathered together.
What Created that? God.

But what created God?

God is not bound by the laws of conservation of energy and mass as he created all energy and mass. God is not energy or mass. God created time. Thus God is not bound by time. God is not bound by the laws as God created the laws. As God created everything. God cannot be the thing he created, God cannot be a thing, a person, or a place.

God is something that is indescribable. There are not words to describe God as God is bound to anything in this universe. And words are to describe something in the universe. Thus words cannot describe what God is made of or what he is.

God is a mystery.

I think the question is, how did a supreme being come into exsintance? One church told me he created himself, another said he was always there. This, I do not understand, if he created himself, how was he always there?
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:07 pm

Felix wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:
Felix wrote:
What Created that? God.

But what created God?

God is a mystery.

I think the question is, how did a supreme being come into exsintance? One church told me he created himself, another said he was always there. This, I do not understand, if he created himself, how was he always there?

God was not created. He simply always existed. As he invented time. He lives outside of time. There cannot be a infinite in the Universe. Yet he lives out of the universe because he created it. God is infinite.

And there is tangible evidence that God existed. Alot of it. We can all see it,smell it, feel it, taste it, and hear it.

It is everything around you. The Cell Theory and Laws of Conservation of Energy and Mass prove evolution and the Big Bang wrong.

Zaki90
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:10 pm

Felix wrote:
What Created that? God.

But what created God?
Theory: God is simply energy, a large amount of energy put together that has extraordinary abilities. The energy was put together, and it was given a consciousness..
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:12 pm

Anything with the word "God" in it is theory

no point in debating on it as it can't be proven or disproven, especially on the internet.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:15 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:Anything with the word "God" in it is theory

no point in debating on it as it can't be proven or disproven, especially on the internet.
You should know damn well that even if there is no possbile way to prove it, we will still debate it here.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by kslidz Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:46 pm

ReconToaster wrote:
kslidz wrote:
Recon allthrough out history men have said that God has saved their lives God has let them do something because there is no way they did it on their own
id say thats evidence

What? A lot of people believing in something automatically makes it true?

Why could they not have done it on their own?

My mom was watching a reality show where a bunch of girls were competing for the lead role in a musical. Some girl got to the final three, and she got kicked out. She was crying in front of the camera, and thanking god for helping her through the competition, and getting her as far as he did.

I have a problem with this. This girl was a good singer. She had probably worked REALLY hard to become as good as she was. She had probably spent money and time on singing lessons and practice. Why they hell was she thanking some intangible being, about whom she had no reason to believe existed, when it was SHE who had accomplished something?

People muttering the phrase "thank god" is no evidence. That just shows that other people are like you, and believe it.

you just said yourself the difference between proof and evidence
and no its not proof but it sure is evidence
even though that evidence can be overridden it cannot be discounted with out something to discount it
and its not just people thinkin its true
a lot of people said they felt God
may or may not be true but according to the stories of Christ(inside and outside of the Bible) ids say that is more evidence for the existence of a God

and for the time question
if there is no time then there is no beginning
we cant know the concept of no beginning/ no end/ no middle because we were created within time
and even in circles that dont believe in God says that pure energy, light, and time are all intertwined meaning time is not the end all be all its just another sense kinda like sight but you cant stop being affected by time by closing your eyes

and since that is true an energy a god that is outside of time does not have a beginning but was and is and will be always there
that is why Jesus and God say "I am" and thats all they say their name is just plainly "John 8:58 (New International Version)

58"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

Jesus uses a person was yet before the was i am
meaning Jesus is currently in the past as well as in the present because he is not bound by time
he is the ultimate authority

guys i am here to prove Jesus as Christ not to talk about some random God I am here to talk about a very personal God and hope that you guys can and will know him

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:56 pm

x Gauz x wrote:
Felix wrote:
What Created that? God.

But what created God?
Theory: God is simply energy, a large amount of energy put together that has extraordinary abilities. The energy was put together, and it was given a consciousness..

Wrong. God cannot be energy. As he created energy. He is not his own creation.

Zaki90
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:57 pm

Zaki90 wrote:
x Gauz x wrote:
Felix wrote:
What Created that? God.

But what created God?

Where does it every say he created energy?
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by kslidz Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:01 pm

God very well may be energy but He is more than energy

kslidz
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:32 pm

x Gauz x wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:
x Gauz x wrote:
Felix wrote:
What Created that? God.

But what created God?

Where does it every say he created energy?

God created everything that we know today? Right...

God created energy. Because energy is a thing and everything includes literally every thing.

Zaki90
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:08 pm

Zaki, I'd like you to go and take some notes from Rasq, Civ, and Rot. You see, when they argue, they actually bother to make points.

Instead, here you are, doing little else other than preaching.

Please, learn to debate without sounding like some sort of psychotic pastor. Saying that you have evidence of god that you just can't tell us about is not an argument. It's a dickish comment that has ABSOLUTELY no purpose.

I used to think that it was scientists who imagined themselves to know more about the universe than we really understand, but you have proven me wrong. It is people like you, people who present themselves as masters of time mechanics and the origin of the cosmos that act as if they know everything.

Kslidz is just as bad, but at least he's managed to put me in a rough position with his whole matrix statement.

Why do you think that time had to be created? Why can't time have always been?
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:39 pm

Zaki90 wrote:
Felix wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:
Felix wrote:
What Created that? God.

But what created God?

God is a mystery.

God was not created. He simply always existed. As he invented time. He lives outside of time. There cannot be a infinite in the Universe. Yet he lives out of the universe because he created it. God is infinite.

And there is tangible evidence that God existed. Alot of it. We can all see it,smell it, feel it, taste it, and hear it.

It is everything around you. The Cell Theory and Laws of Conservation of Energy and Mass prove evolution and the Big Bang wrong.

I seem to be at a loss here. You didn't really explain why one church told me that God created himself, and why another said he was always there. He couldn't always have been there, as what was there? It's like saying "It's just there, accept it".

And where is this evidence of God? It's all around me is it? I must not be looking hard enough, because I am seeing things created by man, not God.

The Cell Theory and Laws of Conservation of Energy and Mass proved evolution wrong and Big Bang wrong? How? You're not answering the questions, you're just saying things without an answer. I find there is more proof behind evolution than there is proof on God, but that's just me.
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Twizzey Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:44 pm

How the hell did cell theory prove evolution wrong? You aren't looking hard enough, you look around you and you see a computer, ceiling fan, desk. Look outside, smart ass, what do you see now? Trees, water, animals, the sun, clouds. You see nature.
Twizzey
Twizzey
Minion

Male Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:04 am

*considers popping back into this thread with a giant multiquote*

*decides against it*
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:13 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:*considers popping back into this thread with a giant multiquote*

*decides against it*
Probably a huge time saver right there.
Oh, and Kslid's Matrix statement? I believe I said something similar VERY EARLY INTO THE CONVERSATION!
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:39 am

It would save me some time, but then, I've nothing to do with my time right now as is, and I'm bored out of my mind...hmm...decisions decisions...
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:09 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:It would save me some time, but then, I've nothing to do with my time right now as is, and I'm bored out of my mind...hmm...decisions decisions...

Oh please do. Start up a reasonable debate. This is just trash as of now.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:22 am

Agreed.

I'm considering swapping sides for a day or two to see what it's like.

/me teamkills civbase Razz

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:04 am

Felix wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:
Felix wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:
Felix wrote:
What Created that? God.

But what created God?

God is a mystery.

I seem to be at a loss here. You didn't really explain why one church told me that God created himself, and why another said he was always there. He couldn't always have been there, as what was there? It's like saying "It's just there, accept it".

And where is this evidence of God? It's all around me is it? I must not be looking hard enough, because I am seeing things created by man, not God.

The Cell Theory and Laws of Conservation of Energy and Mass proved evolution wrong and Big Bang wrong? How? You're not answering the questions, you're just saying things without an answer. I find there is more proof behind evolution than there is proof on God, but that's just me.
God didn't break the Laws of Physics, He created them. He created Cell Theory, He created Laws of Conservation of Energy and Mass, and He created the Big Bang (if that's what actually happened). He came first, and created all things after. Including time.
TNine
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:26 am

I just know recon is going to say "Oh how convenient" Razz
Death no More
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:44 am

Death no more wrote:I just know recon is going to say "Oh how convenient" Razz

That was me. And I considered it ;)

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by kslidz Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:17 am

ReconToaster wrote:Zaki, I'd like you to go and take some notes from Rasq, Civ, and Rot. You see, when they argue, they actually bother to make points.

Instead, here you are, doing little else other than preaching.

Please, learn to debate without sounding like some sort of psychotic pastor. Saying that you have evidence of god that you just can't tell us about is not an argument. It's a dickish comment that has ABSOLUTELY no purpose.

I used to think that it was scientists who imagined themselves to know more about the universe than we really understand, but you have proven me wrong. It is people like you, people who present themselves as masters of time mechanics and the origin of the cosmos that act as if they know everything.

Kslidz is just as bad, but at least he's managed to put me in a rough position with his whole matrix statement.

Why do you think that time had to be created? Why can't time have always been?

the very nature of time makes beginnings therefore time had a beginning outside of time time is always there becasue there is no beginning or end outside of time

i also have put up valid points

but the only way that god even matters is if Jesus is God other than that i dont care

i have geven valid evidence although not proof i dont claim to have hard proof of God
outside of Jesus there isnt much good evidence as well

you seem to have ignored and taken my speech out of context and argue certain statements i make out side of context, not fair

i agree zaki justs repeats himself but you are also getyting to the point of just repeating yourself as well

another thing if i was just talking to you i would give up because, no offense 3 of my best friends are this way, all you do is look for questions you dont look for answers
by that i mean you say you believe what is most logical but i have yet to seee you state one of your beliefs
beliefs are not what you think is false but what you think is real
you say you admit that you could be werong but again since you have not stated and, you may not have, your beliefs you have taken the safe from an "intellectual" standpoint approach and just sneer at others beliefs without offering your own
this is for debate not just
(some one who believes something): Ibelieve, blah blah blah
Recon: you're wrong based on blah blah blah
(): well defend blah blah blah
Recon: wrong

so on and so forth
but if they are wrong what is the alternative
if you say the alternative you may see that more arguements stack up even more validly than agaisnt the proposed
and in that scenario the proposed is the more logical

i say this not to insult you but because i am tired of your either ignoring me or sometimes even plain dismissal of a point even though it makes plenty of sense

kslidz
Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum