Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ES forms a new studio with a dumb name

+16
Felix
Lord Pheonix
L0d3x
Vigil
Dud Doodoo
Gold Spartan
Rasq'uire'laskar
Angatar
CivBase
rzgrz
BBJynne
PiEdude
team dfc
Vtrooper
LH Justin
Toaster
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ES forms a new studio with a dumb name - Page 2 Empty Re: ES forms a new studio with a dumb name

Post by Vigil Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:06 am

L0d3x wrote:
Vigil wrote:I think it would be better if they called themselves Failure enterainment.

As for a sequel......I would not count one out.

I don't want a sequel to Halo Wars, not from them.

Like we have a choice......................

If HW flops, they might think twice.

The problem is it won't flop, Halo sells.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

ES forms a new studio with a dumb name - Page 2 Empty Re: ES forms a new studio with a dumb name

Post by Angatar Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:06 pm

Sadly. At least it's a Halo fan-fiction and not a real Halo game.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:42 pm

Vigil wrote:
L0d3x wrote:
Vigil wrote:I think it would be better if they called themselves Failure enterainment.

I don't want a sequel to Halo Wars, not from them.

Like we have a choice......................

If HW flops, they might think twice.

The problem is it won't flop, Halo sells.
Halo Wars will be a big success simply because it has the word Halo on the box cover. Robot Entertainment (same old Ensemble Studios except with with a shitty name) will then move to make Halo Wars 2, which will also suck but will still be a success and possibly spawn a 3rd monstrosity. It is inevitable, failure is upon us, I suggest we exterminate their new company before it has a chance to get started.
LH Justin
LH Justin
Crimson Annoyance

Male Number of posts : 700
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:43 pm

Preemptive strike is our only option.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vtrooper Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:45 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:Preemptive strike is our only option.

we will need hackers
Vtrooper
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:52 pm

the only problem is, it needs a sequal to answer the damned questions they lefted at the end of the game...
Felix
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:07 pm

[idea]
We cannot exterminate this company... but we may be able to heavily persuade it if we are some of its first fans. My proposal: Find their forum, and each of us make two or three accounts to be active on. Influence them as much as we can. After all, they can't all be veterans. Keep your eyes out for a forum: http://www.robotentertainment.com/
[/idea]
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:51 pm

i like that idea civ
A_Bearded_Swede
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:29 pm

CivBase wrote:[idea]
We cannot exterminate this company... but we may be able to heavily persuade it if we are some of its first fans. My proposal: Find their forum, and each of us make two or three accounts to be active on. Influence them as much as we can. After all, they can't all be veterans. Keep your eyes out for a forum: http://www.robotentertainment.com/
[/idea]
That's quite a nice idea CivBase.
LH Justin
LH Justin
Crimson Annoyance

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:43 pm

Yeah cause it worked SOOOO well with Halo Wars
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:45 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:Yeah cause it worked SOOOO well with Halo Wars
But cannon wasn't really emphasized with HW until all the mistakes showed up (most of which were around E3 '08, when there were way too many members to have any influence with). With luck, they will be more sharing with the sequel as there wont be near as much to hide.

Plus, when cannon was being abused, most of the protectors packed up and either left for good, or came here, leaving only a few behind to challenge ES on anything, much less enough to show a crowd of thousands that a Halo game has problems.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:55 pm

CivBase wrote:
Lord Pheonix wrote:Yeah cause it worked SOOOO well with Halo Wars
But cannon wasn't really emphasized with HW until all the mistakes showed up (most of which were around E3 '08, when there were way too many members to have any influence with). With luck, they will be more sharing with the sequel as there wont be near as much to hide.

Plus, when cannon was being abused, most of the protectors packed up and either left for good, or came here, leaving only a few behind to challenge ES on anything, much less enough to show a crowd of thousands that a Halo game has problems.

Oh we were complaining about the canon since E3 2007.

MAC cannon anyone? Very Happy
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:56 pm

They were told tons of time that cannon was fucked, they knew it was and even read any of the threads made by the most devoted of their fans either locked the threads or plain out banned them for saying such things.

There were tons of us fighting them but then they started banning and ignoring us, so we left and stopped caring. I doubt anything would have changed with them and doubt much, much more that they will share more about their games story then before. Game Developers just don't do that.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:05 pm

Vigil wrote:Oh we were complaining about the canon since E3 2007.

Yah, but it wasn't as bad back then. The MAC sparked a huge debate, I remember some of the later MAC debates, but how many of you decided the game failed just because of the MAC?

Oh, and you better add Bonfire to the new studios list.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:13 pm

So is it Bonfire or Robot that is part of MS?
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:16 pm

idk...

Well, since I think Robot is in charge of HW DLC and sequels, I'd have to guess Robot.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:17 pm

CivBase wrote:idk...

Well, since I think Robot is in charge of HW DLC and sequels, I'd have to guess Robot.

It's ES Vs. ES!

They will fight to the death for the privelage of create a shitty Halo Wars sequel.

Let Battle commence!
MCbattle
Vigil
Vigil

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:44 pm

Vigil wrote:
CivBase wrote:idk...

It's ES Vs. ES!

They will fight to the death for the privelage of create a shitty Halo Wars sequel.

Let Battle commence!
MCbattle
Hah, true.
LH Justin
LH Justin
Crimson Annoyance

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:14 pm

CivBase wrote:
Vigil wrote:Oh we were complaining about the canon since E3 2007.

Yah, but it wasn't as bad back then. The MAC sparked a huge debate, I remember some of the later MAC debates, but how many of you decided the game failed just because of the MAC?

Oh, and you better add Bonfire to the new studios list.
Remember the Cyclops?

I was the one who broke the news that Gamepro would feature Halo Wars. I was the one who broke the news about the article.

That touched off the whole debate over the Cyclops. That was when ES told us just how much they cared for our opinion. Remember what they called 'community management?' Paragon just came on, told us it was one of his favorite units. Then he later said it wasn't "A gigantic mech. Where did you get that idea?"

Thunder came on and told us it was the Aliens Power Loader.
And it turned out to be a god-awful combination of the Ironmonger and a random Gundam.
ES forms a new studio with a dumb name - Page 2 800px-Cyclops-development
Oh, right, it was really a AOM Cyclops under all that armor.

We stuck around, but we also raised questions about the Spartans... and the Spartan Laser... and we always said Flood and Brutes and Prophets wouldn't be in, because they were locked on the Halo Rings and abstained from combat at the time.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:17 pm

irony is a funny thing isnt it? they claimed the game follows canon, yet, it basically destroys the very foundation of it...

makes it almost funny...almost...
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:25 pm

Felix wrote:irony is a funny thing isnt it? they claimed the game follows canon, yet, it basically destroys the very foundation of it...

You know what's even worse?
Judging from their desire to make a Halo MMO, they actually LIKE Halo.

Storywriting was never all that important to them... Or they're like Ewe Boll: Completely incompetent, but they refuse to acknowledge when they're out of their league, and they enjoy what they do.

A George Lucas style "Who cares what it's about so long as the kids go!" attitude is something I could understand, but not this.

I'll be sending you some questions later. And y'all never answered my question about the four-barreled rocket launcher.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:50 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Felix wrote:irony is a funny thing isnt it? they claimed the game follows canon, yet, it basically destroys the very foundation of it...

I'll be sending you some questions later. And y'all never answered my question about the four-barreled rocket launcher.

And you never answered my questions either... *Cries*
Ascendant Justice
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2136
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:26 pm

my bad, was playing matchmaking and won my first match Razz

there is no four barrel rocket btw.

any other questions?
Felix
Felix
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:43 pm

This also reminds me, since Ensemble Studios has split in 2, which side are the Mods. on, Robot Entertainment or Bonfire Studios?
LH Justin
LH Justin
Crimson Annoyance

Back to top Go down

Post by laxspartan007 Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:48 pm

well robot is working on halw wars stuff...theres another company working on another altogether game...ES split into 2 companies...
laxspartan007
laxspartan007
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next