Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Escape From City 17 - Live action short film series

+4
BBJynne
Gauz
Rotaretilbo
Toaster
8 posters

Go down

Escape From City 17 - Live action short film series Empty Escape From City 17 - Live action short film series

Post by Toaster Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:41 pm

These films are not professionally made, but I swear, they look 10 times better than the Halo shorts. The whole thing has a really stylized color palette or something, and it just looks beautiful.

This is all that's out so far, and it looks like it's gonna be amazing. The whole things was made for $500, which, after watching, you'll realize is REALLY amazing. Be sure to watch in High quality...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1UPMEmCqZo
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Escape From City 17 - Live action short film series Empty Re: Escape From City 17 - Live action short film series

Post by Rotaretilbo Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:43 pm

I've watched it already, and I agree with Recon. The only thing I felt was weak was the dialogue/acting. Otherwise, it was a very beautiful short.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Escape From City 17 - Live action short film series Empty Re: Escape From City 17 - Live action short film series

Post by Gauz Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:51 pm

Well produced video, new played half life though, so do the aliens really look that bad? They reminded me a bit of starwars alien costumes.
Gauz
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:56 pm

The Combine are just a tad like the Covenant, in that they assimilate races they take over. The Combine most prevalent on Earth, then, are Civil Protection and OverWatch, the branches of the Combine dominated by humans and ex-humans. Because the ex-humans of OverWatch have been disfigured during their...transformation, they wear masks and have the whole robot voice thing. Civil Protection is comprised of regular humans, though I believe they have their minds wiped, their emotions repressed, etc. They dress like OverWatch to belittle their human identity, what little is actually left.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:56 pm

that was... amazing.

btw
the civil protection aliens are wearing helmets that look like that

i have no idea what they really look like (but i've only played halflife2)

edit: rot knows more and explained better

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:16 am

Civil Protection are still living breathing humans that have decided it better to side with the Combine than the Resistance. Joining Civil Protection is taking one step closer to OverWatch, which is comprised of surgically altered "ex-humans", seen below.

Escape From City 17 - Live action short film series StrippedCombineSoldier
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:34 am

Acting was shit, but the rest was amazing.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:34 am

Yeah acting kinda sucked, but the rest was good.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:47 am

I liked the hammy acting of the bearded guy. He seemed to have forgotten his lines at several points.

The rest of it was very well done, and I felt the rendering of City 17 was very good.

Those headcrab zomibes looked superb, as did all those Combine soliders and vehicles.

I can't wait for the next part.
Vigil
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:50 pm

It was obvious to me, coming from a stand point of having played all the games, what was CGI and what was not, but what was difficult was being able to tell where the CGI ended and the real began. If I hadn't played Half-Life 2, as well as the episodes, so much, I wouldn't have been able to tell. That was probably what most impressed me, the beautiful use of video capture from the game alongside live action filming.
Rotaretilbo
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by XNate02 Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:54 am

Dud Doodoo wrote:Acting was shit, but the rest was amazing.
XNate02
XNate02
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2345
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:07 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:It was obvious to me, coming from a stand point of having played all the games, what was CGI and what was not, but what was difficult was being able to tell where the CGI ended and the real began. If I hadn't played Half-Life 2, as well as the episodes, so much, I wouldn't have been able to tell. That was probably what most impressed me, the beautiful use of video capture from the game alongside live action filming.

I just love the hyper stylized colors. The things looks better than real life.

What I have trouble distinguishing is the graffiti on the walls. It all looks JUST like the graffiti in half life, and I'm thinking it's CG.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down