Crimson Flame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Follow! Follow! FOLLOW!

+13
Lord Pheonix
CivBase
team dfc
KristallNacht
BBJynne
KrAzY
Dud Doodoo
PiEdude
thane321
Toaster
Angatar
Kasrkin Seath
Rasq'uire'laskar
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Follow! Follow! FOLLOW! Empty Follow! Follow! FOLLOW!

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:53 pm

Hello, everybody. I have an important political announcement to make.

As you all know, President-elect Barrack Hussein Obama, having won his position much the same way that President John Fitzgerald Kennedy did*, will be sworn in on Tuesday, at 12:00 Eastern Seaboard Time, on the steps of the Capitol Building. Two to three million people may attend...

And I will be one of them.
Yes, on Sunday, I will be flying out of Spokane Airport, connecting in Minneapolis, and then continuing on to Baltimore. I will then spend a week in Washington DC, touring the Smithsonian Museum, the Holocaust Museum, the monuments in Washington, and Arlington National Cemetery. This has cost me quite a bit of money, and I didn't even vote for the guy, so I plan on enjoying every single moment of this trip. I will also be taking LOTS of pictures and keeping a journal, which will be posted over at Broken Line Studios.

Thank you, comments are welcome. And NO JOKING ABOUT KILLING THE PRESIDENT!!!
I didn't vote for him, I think he will be terrible for America, but I DO NOT WANT THIS CRAP coming up when the Secret Service searches for terrorist threats.

*Through good looks, force of personality, and media bias.

Last edited by Rasq'uire'laskar on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Follow! Follow! FOLLOW! Empty Re: Follow! Follow! FOLLOW!

Post by Kasrkin Seath Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:56 pm

lol
Hope you enjoy it

DC is a great place... I really loved the architecture and the Mass Transit system, which was always cool during the summer and going up teh escalators was like going up some sort of launch tube
Kasrkin Seath
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Angatar Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:07 pm

Have fun, and I agree with you on everything. Obama may be bad, but shouldn't be killed.
Angatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:20 pm

Rasq wrote:*Through good looks, force of personality, and media bias.

I think you're really missing the importance of all these things. John Kennedy was one of the most well-liked presidents in out history. He gained the support of not only the United States' population, but also that of many foreign nations.

Well spoken presidents are good for our image, and our image is important. We are THE world power. We can't have too many people hating us if we want to maintain that position.

I do find it funny though, that the same people defending bush and pushing the blame to congress are acting as if our new president is somehow omnipotently, powerfully, evil.

Barrack Obama would not have been my first choice, but he is the best of the achievable. I think we all knew Ron Paul wouldn't win. Neutral

Anyways, have fun on your trip. Have fun witnessing the inauguration of the messiah.
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by thane321 Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:21 pm

bush was bad and he wasn't...

is dc where the cool flute guy plays, in a park.

if it is, you should try to find him XD

[quote="ReconToaster"]We are THE world power.[/quote

QF lies!

Last edited by thane321 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
thane321
thane321
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1142
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:24 pm

thane wrote:bush was bad and he wasn't...

Contradictory statements FTW!!!
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by thane321 Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:25 pm

ReconToaster wrote:

wasn't killed, -.-
thane321
thane321
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1142

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:34 pm

Thane wrote:wasn't killed, -.-

Now I understand (:
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:28 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:Hello, everybody. I have an important political announcement to make.

As you all know, President-elect Barrack Hussein Obama, having won his position much the same way that President John Fitzgerald Kennedy did*, will be sworn in on Tuesday, at 12:00 Eastern Seaboard Time, on the steps of the Capitol Building. Two to three million people may attend...

And I will be one of them.
Yes, on Sunday, I will be flying out of Spokane Airport, connecting in Minneapolis, and then continuing on to Baltimore. I will then spend a week in Washington DC, touring the Smithsonian Museum, the Holocaust Museum, the monuments in Washington, and Arlington National Cemetery. This has cost me quite a bit of money, and I didn't even vote for the guy, so I plan on enjoying every single moment of this trip. I will also be taking LOTS of pictures and keeping a journal, which will be posted over at Broken Line Studios.

Thank you, comments are welcome. And NO JOKING ABOUT KILLING THE PRESIDENT!!!
I didn't vote for him, I think he will be terrible for America, but I DO NOT WANT THIS CRAP coming up when the Secret Service searches for terrorist threats.

*Through good looks, force of personality, and media bias.

Thank you Bill O'Riley... Rolling Eyes
PiEdude
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4573
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dud Doodoo Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:37 pm

He actually bears A LOT more resemblance to the anti-christ than the messiah. Read revelations, there's some very interesting similarities.

This was directed at toaster's comment.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1528

http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:52 pm

DC sucks... ive been there like 80 times...

too bad I'm at school right now... you would be within 40 minutes of my house
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:48 pm

Dud Doodoo wrote:He actually bears A LOT more resemblance to the anti-christ than the messiah. Read revelations, there's some very interesting similarities.

*Holds up sarcasm sign at Dud"

I'm not a fan of the fantasy genre pirat
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:33 am

1. that's really cool rasq, I hopes you have as much fun as i did when i went (even though for some reason half the stuff was either closed, under construction, or not available to the public anymore[security after 9/11])

2. stop trying to pick a fight, recon

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:37 am

BBJynne wrote:

Where was I picking a fight?

My "fantasy genre" statement was more of just "friendly atheist banter"

Seriously, rasq said Obama was a bad thing for the country. Now that's what I call picking a fight! cheers

Pie wrote:Thank you Bill O'Riley...
I see what you did there, but Bill O'reilly is extremely conservative Whatever

Last edited by ReconToaster on Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:40 am

hmph

I just don't like ur almost constant remarks about it.

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:35 am

its funny how Bill Clinton was impeached but left office with the highest approval ratings of any president, and bush stayed in and is leaving office with the lowest approval ratings of any president
KristallNacht
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by team dfc Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:52 am

DC will be hell.... to many people good luck

hope obama doesn't get assasiated as I have predicted.....*imagines DC nuked*
team dfc
team dfc
Minion

Male Number of posts : 695

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:15 am

Dud Doodoo wrote:He actually bears A LOT more resemblance to the anti-christ than the messiah. Read revelations, there's some very interesting similarities.
lol, it's true GDevil

Oh, and it's the last weekend before Obama comes to power and the world ends! Make it a good one.

:zom1: MCattacked Follow! Follow! FOLLOW! Mr_Green__s_Zombie__s_by_Stemoticon Follow! Follow! FOLLOW! Zombie_Battle_Emoticon_by_Dystopia3000 Follow! Follow! FOLLOW! __LOTSA_SPAGHETTI___emoticon_by_zimpy222

Have fun in DC. I did. And I highly suggest the metro.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:31 am

don't ride the metro

you'd be better off walking this weekend

talked to my dad today and he said the metro is the busiest he has ever seen it.... he takes it to work every day.
KrAzY
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3965

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:43 am

I believe its predicted that the anit-christ will be coming from europe, not fucking america

kinda shoots down shit right there
Lord Pheonix
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7574
Registration date : 2008-03-23

https://crimsonflame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:10 pm

CivBase wrote:
lol, it's true GDevil

In what ways? (honest, serious question of curiosity)
Toaster
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:44 pm

KrAzY wrote:don't ride the metro

talked to my dad today and he said the metro is the busiest he has ever seen it.... he takes it to work every day.
good point, especially with an inauguration and all...
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:52 pm

Some Random E-Mail That I Found At Snopes.com With Google wrote:According to the Book of Revelations the anti-christ is: The anti-christ will be a man, in his 40s, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the nations with persuassive language, and have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal.... the prophecy says that people will flock to him and he will promise false hope and world peace, and when he is in power, will destory everything. Is it OBAMA??
Remember, dud said that he resembled the anti-christ more than the messiah. He did not say he is the anti-christ, nor do I believe that.
CivBase
CivBase
Adbot

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:17 pm

Obama's not a muslim.

and someone can't be of "muslim decent" either, seeing as it's a religion, not an ethnicity.
(ethnicity is the right word to use here right?)

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:41 pm

Kasrkin Seath wrote:lol
Hope you enjoy it

DC is a great place... I really loved the architecture and the Mass Transit system, which was always cool during the summer and going up teh escalators was like going up some sort of launch tube
Not sure I'll be going through the metro, but it will be interesting if I do. We don't have subway systems where I come from, and I have a pretty negative image of them.

Angatar wrote:Have fun, and I agree with you on everything. Obama may be bad, but shouldn't be killed.
Agreed. I'll support him, for the most part, but I won't agree with him, for the most part.

ReconToaster wrote:
Rasq wrote:*Through good looks, force of personality, and media bias.

I think you're really missing the importance of all these things. John Kennedy was one of the most well-liked presidents in out history. He gained the support of not only the United States' population, but also that of many foreign nations.
Oh, dear.

Did you not see the part where I said MEDIA BIAS?

In addition, John Kennedy was popular, but so was Micheal Jackson and so is Prince. We remember Kennedy and his 'Camelot,' but we do not remember his inability to work with Congress.
It's probably appropriate to mention that I am not a fan of the Kennedy Crime Family. Daddy was a criminal, and his kids all followed in his footsteps, especially Bobby and Teddy.
The firstborn, Joeseph, was probably the most honest of the bunch. Pity he was killed... in a bloody accident!

ReconToaster wrote:Well spoken presidents are good for our image, and our image is important. We are THE world power. We can't have too many people hating us if we want to maintain that position.
True, but they need substance to back it up. And one of our greatest presidents, Thomas Jefferson, was worse than George Bush at public speaking.
Now, were George Bush a great speaker, YOU would be complaining that "All he is is a good speaker," because you do not agree with his policies.

So that is what we're trying to get across here. Obama did win because of slanted media attention and good speeching. Now, compare Obama's nomination speech and John McCain's nomination speech. If John McCain had been a better speaker, he would have made the race MUCH closer, possibly even won.

I do find it funny though, that the same people defending bush and pushing the blame to congress are acting as if our new president is somehow omnipotently, powerfully, evil.

ReconToaster wrote:Barrack Obama would not have been my first choice, but he is the best of the achievable. I think we all knew Ron Paul wouldn't win. Neutral
You liked him too, huh?

ReconToaster wrote:Anyways, have fun on your trip. Have fun witnessing the inauguration of the messiah.
I'll try. But you just had to bring religion into this, right? This is, if not anything, a political discussion.

thane321 wrote:
ReconToaster wrote:

wasn't killed, -.-
That always buggered me. Bush completely avoided the Twenty Year Curse, even though he is one of the most unpopular presidents since Hoover.
Every twenty years, since President Lincoln, the President who wins the election has been killed by an assassin. Reagan broke this when he survived... but nobody tried it on Bush.

KrAzY wrote:DC sucks... ive been there like 80 times...

too bad I'm at school right now... you would be within 40 minutes of my house
Well, I've never been there, so it's new to me.
And if I was to meet you, you'd have to drive up there.

ReconToaster wrote:

*Holds up sarcasm sign at Dud"

I'm not a fan of the fantasy genre pirat
And yet you believe that the Universe just... appeared... inflated from a superdense particle that floated in out of nowhere, bringing time and space along with it.
Oh, and you also believe in String Theory, which for all of it's mathematical beauty... cannot be tested.

BBJynne wrote:1. that's really cool rasq, I hopes you have as much fun as i did when i went (even though for some reason half the stuff was either closed, under construction, or not available to the public anymore[security after 9/11])
Bugger, no?

That event changed my life more than anything.

ReconToaster wrote:
BBJynne wrote:

Where was I picking a fight?

My "fantasy genre" statement was more of just "friendly atheist banter"

Seriously, rasq said Obama was a bad thing for the country. Now that's what I call picking a fight! cheers
Then my "fantasy genre" counterstatement was just "friendly Protestant banter."

And by saying that I believed Obama was going to be bad for the country, I invited a political debate, not a theological one. I hope you respect that.

KristallNacht wrote:its funny how Bill Clinton was impeached but left office with the highest approval ratings of any president, and bush stayed in and is leaving office with the lowest approval ratings of any president
Harry Truman left office and was considered to be a failure. Look at him now... Give 'em Hell, Harry!
Eisenhower was considered to be an ineffectual president... but when the Soviet Union fell, and we found out how much he did... He was perhaps the most important President of all.
LBJ, that filthy rat, left office reviled... and now he's considered to be... neutral.

I get the feeling that W. will be somewhere around LBJ's status.

team dfc wrote:DC will be hell.... to many people good luck

hope obama doesn't get assasiated as I have predicted.....*imagines DC nuked*
I'm imagining something more along the lines of a 777... or a military coup...
I severely doubt the last one, but it would be fascinating to watch in action...

Hey, KrAzY, you don't think you could help with that, could you?

KrAzY wrote:don't ride the metro

I plan on smearing blood on my mouth and letting a little dribble down my chin... that should get me some room, right? Or is that the way most commuters look?

Lord Pheonix wrote:I believe its predicted that the anit-christ will be coming from europe, not fucking america

kinda shoots down shit right there
Iraq, actually.

We use 'Antichrist' much in the same way liberals use 'Hitler'.

CivBase wrote:
Some Random E-Mail That I Found At Snopes.com With Google wrote:According to the Book of Revelations the anti-christ is: The anti-christ will be a man, in his 40s, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the nations with persuassive language, and have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal.... the prophecy says that people will flock to him and he will promise false hope and world peace, and when he is in power, will destory everything. Is it OBAMA??
Remember, dud said that he resembled the anti-christ more than the messiah. He did not say he is the anti-christ, nor do I believe that.
Let's not forget the fact that he will seem to perform miracles and be supported by the 'beast from the sea'.
Incidentally, I've heard talk that Hillary Clinton would be the Antichrist, as she was supported by Bill, and Bill was in the navy...
But most of the candidates, including Obama, fail the full test.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2929

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next